Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 6
Posted: 7/29/2014 6:50:33 PM EDT
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 6:59:24 PM EDT
[#1]
FBHO and FJV
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 7:00:12 PM EDT
[#2]
He fails to mention that the suit was started when Kyle was still alive.  Ventura asked Kyle to withdraw the false information and he would drop the law suit and Kyle refused.  Kyle lied, get over it.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 7:01:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Ventura is a pussy. Get over it.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 7:03:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Yeah we all get it that Marcus is a badass too.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 7:04:19 PM EDT
[#5]
I'd be pissed if my book had made up stories in it too.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 7:05:02 PM EDT
[#6]
If you kick his butt just make sure someone videos it.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 7:08:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
He fails to mention that the suit was started when Kyle was still alive.  Ventura asked Kyle to withdraw the false information and he would drop the law suit and Kyle refused.  Kyle lied, get over it.
View Quote

Prove he lied.  Prove anything you just said is accurate.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 7:09:58 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I suggest you do some research in the subject and not be blinded by personal bias.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 7:12:18 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I suggest you do some research in the subject and not be blinded by personal bias.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lawsuit started before Kyle's death-yes that is true.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 7:12:32 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Even if you're correct it's still a shitbird thing to do. Don't fuck with a dead man's family.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 7:12:55 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

You want the bar fight story, the Katrina story, or the CIA takes care of the carjackers story?

Link Posted: 7/29/2014 7:13:02 PM EDT
[#12]
Ventura was a huge douche long before Kyle ever decided to write a book.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 3:29:14 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I suggest you prove anything you said is accurate.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 3:33:30 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

Well then sue for one dollar then. If Ventura is trying to clear his name, after the poor guy dies, a real man changes his requested damages to ONE DOLLAR.
Now Ventura just looks like an idiot, which I would presume he was trying to avoid. I guess he really is an idiot.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 3:38:42 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's now a matter of public record

I'm curious what else Kyle lied about.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 3:43:44 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Well then sue for one dollar then. If Ventura is trying to clear his name, after the poor guy dies, a real man changes his requested damages to ONE DOLLAR.
Now Ventura just looks like an idiot, which I would presume he was trying to avoid. I guess he really is an idiot.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I could even accept ventura asking for his attorney fees and not a penny more. seeking "damages" for your reputation from a widow when you've done plenty to destroy it yourself is asinine.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 3:44:21 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

that 911 was an inside job, done by the Bushes to get Saddam's oil

Link Posted: 7/30/2014 3:50:50 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

Kyle admitted to making the story up in a deposition.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 3:52:44 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Even if you're correct it's still a shitbird thing to do. Don't fuck with a dead man's family.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Who else should this apply to?

Link Posted: 7/30/2014 3:55:29 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

that 911 was an inside job, done by the Bushes to get Saddam's oil  
View Quote

First, since I haven't said so recently, YES, Janos is a nut job.  I've said before I wish he weren't.  I like a lot of what he brings to the table, but yeah, he's off the charts

That being said, has Chris Kyle been ID'd as a truther?

Is arfcom White Knighting a truther???

Or are you just being playful?
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 4:07:16 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Personally I would question anything he ever said on the "honor system" now that he is a known falsifier.

I wonder how many of his "deadliest evar!!!!" Kills weren't confirmed. When we couldn't get a body we assumed they got away. More often than not it was true.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 4:17:25 AM EDT
[#22]
The idea behind a defamation lawsuit is that the story of the bar fight in the book somehow hurt JV's reputation.

Look at his reputation prior to this.

Pro wrestler, bad actor and conspiracy kook.

EVEN if it's a lie - that's not the point. The point was "did it lower JV's reputation" - how anyone could come to the conclusion that his reputation was somehow worse than what he had already done to it before the book came out is beyond me.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 4:19:06 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
The idea behind a defamation lawsuit is that the story of the bar fight in the book somehow hurt JV's reputation.

EVEN if it's a lie - that's not the point. The point was "did it lower JV's reputation" - how anyone could come to the conclusion that his reputation was somehow worse than what he had already done to it before the book came out is beyond me.
View Quote

If anything, this lawsuit has hurt his reputation more than the book.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 4:19:58 AM EDT
[#24]
$1.8 million worth of lies of which $1.3 comes out of the wife's pocketbook.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 4:20:51 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote

Looks like this to me.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 4:20:55 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
You want the bar fight story, the Katrina story, or the CIA takes care of the carjackers story?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, the carjackers one doesn't pass the smell test.  Haven't seen the Katrina one.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 4:24:57 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote

I guess she choose poorly.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 4:30:15 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Yeah, the carjackers one doesn't pass the smell test.  Haven't seen the Katrina one.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2014/07/30/the-complicated-but-unveriable-legacy-of-chris-kyle-the-deadliest-sniper-in-american-history/
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 4:34:12 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It was proven in court.  That is how Ventura won the lawsuit.  Kyle admitted lying in a deposition.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 4:36:33 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Credit card companies, mortage companies, car loans, Student Loans, judgements............. all scum because they want money for things you did/said after you die.... according to some.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 4:37:30 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2014/07/30/the-complicated-but-unveriable-legacy-of-chris-kyle-the-deadliest-sniper-in-american-history/

Link says he is (was) "the true American badass".

I winder what Dale Comstock thought of that? lol
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 4:41:58 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote

Sorry but if someone was telling people in interviews and a book that I said SEALs deserved to die and other things along those lines I would sue their ass to. Kyle should have left that and a few other things out of the book. He could have said he was mistaken and had nothing come of it. Instead he gambled that the public opinion would save him and unfortunately this isn't the case. Its a shit sandwich for everyone involved.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 5:12:33 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 5:14:00 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote

He was offered the chance to publicly apologize. He chose not to.

Stupid games, stupid prizes.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 5:19:19 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've gotta go with this for 1000, Alex.

Whether or not "Ventura" had actual damage to his reputation due to the book, he sure as shit does now.  I thought he was a kook and discounted him before, now I have no time for him [not that it matters in the long run, but in the aggregate (x of my attitude = loss to books/movies/kook shit) it's going to be a net loss to his estate, imho].

Link Posted: 7/30/2014 5:21:51 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I haven't heard the Katrina story.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 5:28:22 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 5:53:30 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Yowch.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Yowch.

Indeed.

Who would have thought that Mr. Luttrell would have bought into the bullshit.

I guess being a former SEAL is serious business.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 6:05:00 AM EDT
[#39]
So basically Chris told a lie about Jesse, got caught,  and then Jesse sued because his feelings/ego  was hurt?  I guess it was too much to ask from a guy who wore brightly colored feather boas for decades  to take the high road and drop the whole thing.   I'm aware that the root of all this is lies told by Chris but looks to me Jesse could have helped his reputation a whole lot more by swallowing that pride instead of looking for a check seeing how "This wasn't about the money"
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 6:14:54 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Don't forget the Kyle was good buddies with Brandon Webb too....
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 6:15:29 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Everyone of his seal buddies who had heard his tall tales and heard them from him?
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 6:18:52 AM EDT
[#42]
Quiet professionals.
All 3 of them.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 6:18:59 AM EDT
[#43]
how can you damage the reputation of a moron?
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 6:21:28 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote

According to the post verdict article posted yesterday, Ventura's attorney said that since Kyle's book made $6, he was asking for $5 to $15 million for the damages the book has caused Ventura.

He should change his name to Jesse Vulture.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 6:24:12 AM EDT
[#45]
Some of those Jesse memes are pretty funny

Link Posted: 7/30/2014 6:25:18 AM EDT
[#46]
If Jessie wants to retain any shred of dignity he should settle for the vindication of his name and a $1 judgment.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 6:26:49 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Indeed.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yowch.

Indeed.

Perhaps not as glamorous as your 'drinking beer in the truck' busts......
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 6:27:39 AM EDT
[#48]
Ventura is a fucking nobody. If anyone is hurting his barely existent reputation its him. Had he just kept his mouth shut this wouldnt even be on the radar. Most people would have forgotten all about him by page 87.

Yeah, that conspiracy show did wonders for his rep.

Link Posted: 7/30/2014 6:27:53 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
If Jessie wants to retain any shred of dignity he should settle for the vindication of his name and a $1 judgment.
View Quote

It won't work.

All he needed to do was say, "It's not true" at the very beginning, then walk away.

As mentioned above, Jesse doesn't have much credibility to stand on to begin with...
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 6:30:18 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yowch.

Indeed.

HAHAHHAAHAAHAHHAAAHAHAHAHAH
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top