Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 7/29/2014 5:49:19 PM EDT

I guess he has been suspended for one week for some comments that he made about Ray Rice and domestic violence...

Damn you can't say shit these days without getting your hand slapped.

Your thoughts?
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 5:50:09 PM EDT
[#1]
what did he say?
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 5:54:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
what did he say?
View Quote

Basically he said men should never ever put their hands on women, but sometimes women provoke that shit...

And I'll be damned if he isn't 100% correct...

Link Posted: 7/29/2014 5:55:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Basically he said men should never ever put their hands on women, but sometimes women provoke that shit...

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
what did he say?

Link Posted: 7/29/2014 5:56:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 5:56:21 PM EDT
[#5]
He said women shouldn't provoke men and they won't get beat up. That may not be what he mean it to sound like but that is the way it came out.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 5:56:59 PM EDT
[#6]
He also dropped the N-bomb a few years ago on live TV. ESPN edited it out of the program.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 5:57:43 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
what did he say?

For real...Let's not continue to sugar coat shit all the time *lol*..Sometimes women ask to get shook...Sometimes we need to learn how to STFU...

I am not saying domestic violence is ok...but if you spit on your boyfriend, SO, hubby or whatever...and you just keep talking about his mother and you tell him his penis is small etc, after a while you are gonna get more than your feelings hurt...YMMV
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 5:57:58 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 5:57:59 PM EDT
[#9]
If I wake up and Loranna Hobbit is holding a knife you can damn well bet I'll put my hands on a woman.

This "it's never justified" is bullshit.

But apparently you can't say that in public.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 5:58:07 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

what did he say?

One of his female co-workers was a ring leader in the backlash.

Link Posted: 7/29/2014 5:59:28 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
He said women shouldn't provoke men and they won't get beat up. That may not be what he mean it to sound like but that is the way it came out.
View Quote

Were you watching?  Because that is not what I took from what he said..
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 5:59:54 PM EDT
[#12]
IIRC he's been on a roll lately and has made himself a target.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 5:59:54 PM EDT
[#13]

I watched the video and didn't feel the outrage.

The social justice warriors work overtime to blow shit out of proportion.

Link Posted: 7/29/2014 6:00:35 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I watched the video and didn't feel the outrage.

The social justice warriors work overtime to blow shit out of proportion.

View Quote

Exactly...Must be a slow news week...
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 6:01:24 PM EDT
[#15]
Unless she's got a weapon or she's Rhonda fucking Rousey you don't put hands on a woman.

Smith's problem is he doesn't seem to grasp that. Provoke me all you want, I'm not striking a woman except for the two scenarios above.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 6:01:49 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
what did he say?

I usually agree with you but not so much on this one. I guess it pretty much depends on how you define provoke. If she hit him with ball bat when he wasn't looking, it would be one thing but if she just said something that pissed him off then that's no excuse.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 6:03:01 PM EDT
[#17]
He drinks vanilla mocha's from starbucks. I got him coffee once when I was an intern
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 6:03:11 PM EDT
[#18]
I don't think what he said this time was all that bad, but I still think he's an overall douchebag.

Link Posted: 7/29/2014 6:04:03 PM EDT
[#19]
Hard to believe that he received a longer suspension for talking about Rice than Rice did for hitting his girlfriend.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 6:04:33 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I usually agree with you but not so much on this one. I guess it pretty much depends on how you define provoke. If she hit him with ball bat when he wasn't looking, it would be one thing but if she just said something that pissed him off then that's no excuse.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
what did he say?

I think of course it depends...However lets not be all PC...If women want to be treated like a man well...

You can't just go around spitting on and hitting and slapping folks and it just be ok...

But I understand what you are saying...There are some men that are just shitbags who beat their wives and I think that is not what we are talking about right now..
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 6:04:53 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Hard to believe that he received a longer suspension for talking about Rice than Rice did for hitting his girlfriend.
View Quote

Right?!!!!
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 6:05:33 PM EDT
[#22]
Didn't she marry his ass?

I mean, the brother did sign for 35 million.

Link Posted: 7/29/2014 6:05:47 PM EDT
[#23]
Zero fucks given
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 6:06:12 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No but it is what it sounded like to me in the news clip.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 6:06:34 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Zero fucks given
View Quote

Well alright...

That wasn't very nice...
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 6:07:26 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Watch the whole thing..It's on TMZ and a couple of other places...

For real what he said wasn't bad at all...
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 6:08:13 PM EDT
[#27]
With all these suspensions going around for 'condoning' Rice's actions, how long has the woman been suspended?  I mean, she married the dude after the incident, which seems to be more of a condonation of the incident than anyone else has yet attempted.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 6:08:28 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep.

No one on set that day was talking about a woman who starts throwing punches first.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 6:08:53 PM EDT
[#29]
I heard one of the national radio guys state earlier in the week that women make up something like ~48% of the NFL's viewing audience.

While I don't mind SAS, he's somewhat controversial and what he actually said regarding women 'deserving' what Ray Rice dished out, probably isn't good for the NFL's business model.

Chris
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 6:09:13 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
With all these suspensions going around for 'condoning' Rice's actions, how long has the woman been suspended?  I mean, she married the dude after the incident, which seems to be more of a condonation of the incident than anyone else has yet attempted.
View Quote

Dude, she was out there in a press conference apologizing for doing whatever she did to cause him to uppercut her and knock her the fuck out in an elevator.

I mean, there is a lot going on here.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 6:09:29 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
what did he say?

if only the world saw it your way.
I know some smart women who have said the same thing and i'll even go one further, if you pick that kind of man to be in your life- don't be surprised when its your turn. sometimes the snake handler gets bit.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 6:10:26 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote

That was my question...How upset is she..Because she still married him...
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 6:12:10 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

For real...Let's not continue to sugar coat shit all the time *lol*..Sometimes women ask to get shook...Sometimes we need to learn how to STFU...

I am not saying domestic violence is ok...but if you spit on your boyfriend, SO, hubby or whatever...and you just keep talking about his mother and you tell him his penis is small etc, after a while you are gonna get more than your feelings hurt...YMMV
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
what did he say?

I had a girlfriend like that, except for the small penis comment.
I let her get to me one time and shook the shit out of her. That's when I learned to walk away until she was ready to talk in a reasonable manner and I was cooled off.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 6:14:15 PM EDT
[#34]
Didn't Whoopi Goldberg also just get in trouble for saying it was ok for a man to hit a woman back?
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 6:14:33 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

I let her get to me one time and shook the shit out of her. That's when I learned to walk away until she was ready to talk in a reasonable manner and I was cooled off.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
what did he say?

You are a horrible horrible man...

lmao...Sometimes you gotta...well you know...

Link Posted: 7/29/2014 6:15:11 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Didn't Whoopi Goldberg also just get in trouble for saying it was ok for a man to hit a woman back?
View Quote

I think so...

Question for you guys...

Did any of you grow up with sisters?
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 6:21:13 PM EDT
[#37]
Equality of the sexes and all that. You can't have equality in all the ways you want and still maintain special status. Everybody wants to have their cake and eat it too these days.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 6:22:09 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Equality of the sexes and all that. You can't have equality in all the ways you want and still maintain special status. Everybody wants to have their cake and eat it too these days.
View Quote

True...
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 6:30:31 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

she might have married him for the money,  i hope somebody knocks rice and smith out so
                          they can see how it feels.

i wouldn't have to knock  a women out to stop her from messing with me.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 6:40:19 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

she might have married him for the money,  i hope somebody knocks rice and smith out so

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That is stupid and not what Smith said.

No one should hit anyone. There is a 99% chance I won't hit a woman BACK... but catch me on the right day especially after I've had a few and you never know what might happen.

You've never had someone hit, push, kick or do something to you and you just reacted without thinking?
I know I have on more than one occasion.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 6:42:22 PM EDT
[#41]
Do any of you have sisters???
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 6:46:51 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
what did he say?

Oooh. Let's turn this into a Michelle Beadle BOTD thread.

Link Posted: 7/29/2014 6:55:25 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

No silly....Start your won thread *lol*

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
what did he say?

No silly....Start your won thread *lol*

Link Posted: 7/29/2014 6:57:29 PM EDT
[#44]
Eh, if no Lebron news happens in the next week he won't be missed anyway.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 6:59:41 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View Quote

I have 2 sisters and two daughters.

I have told all that are old enough to listen, that if you hit/kick/spit-on/slap/get in the face of a man, you are not a victim if/when he pops you back.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 7:00:42 PM EDT
[#46]
Well I am an old guy and was raised to never hit a female. If the girl pissed him off enough to make him want to punch her he should have just left her.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 7:03:11 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

He also dropped the N-bomb a few years ago on live TV. ESPN edited it out of the program.
View Quote

I can't stand listening to that guy. He has a race chip on his shoulder that's no different than listening to Sharpton or Jessie Jackson with a sports twist.

Link Posted: 7/29/2014 7:06:35 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

I have told all that are old enough to listen, that if you hit/kick/spit-on/slap/get in the face of a man, you are not a victim if/when he pops you back.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Exactly my point...

My mom and dad told me..Stop fucking with your brother..If you continue to hit him you are on your own *lol*

Link Posted: 7/29/2014 7:07:48 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

I can't stand listening to that guy. He has a race chip on his shoulder that's no different than listening to Sharpton or Jessie Jackson with a sports twist.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't know...I think sometimes he brings race into things...But he jumps on black people equally...
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 7:10:37 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
what did he say?

Didn't she leave ESPN for a while to go to FOX.

I was thinking that she was gone until a few weeks ago and was channel surfing and there she was, back on ESPN.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Top Top