Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 7/29/2014 3:13:56 PM EDT

The lawsuit said the use of the tests to screen and select the applicants for the entry-level positions amounted to a pattern of employment discrimination. Much greater percentages of male applicants than female applicants passed the physical fitness tests going back to 2003, it said.

Link Posted: 7/29/2014 3:14:33 PM EDT
[#1]
FFS
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 3:20:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Time to lower the bar.

Liberals will demand that paraplegics be accepted into the SEALs within the next 10 years.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 3:21:03 PM EDT
[#3]
This is so weak.....

You should have to pass a physical standard to be selected.

You should have to maintain a basic fitness level to keep the job.

Scale it by age but getting hired and never doing another push-up, sit-up or run is ridiculous.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 3:21:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Fatties have rights too!
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 3:23:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Meh, they only take reports anyway.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 3:24:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
FFS
View Quote

FPNI.

Compromise public safety for PC. Makes sense.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 3:24:41 PM EDT
[#7]
But but...... I was told that females are my physical equal.

That's what my my old SHARPS rep said.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 3:25:09 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Time to lower the bar.

Liberals will demand that paraplegics be accepted into the SEALs within the next 10 years.
View Quote

Hell, I'm 56 and out of shape- well, a sorta rounded shape. I wanna be a SealRangerGreenBeretSniperDoorGunner too.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 3:27:45 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Hell, I'm 56 and out of shape- well, a sorta rounded shape. I wanna be a SealRangerGreenBeretSniperDoorGunner too.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Time to lower the bar.

Yeah! Me, too!
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 3:42:09 PM EDT
[#10]
I want a police force comprised solely of male roid ragers.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 3:51:07 PM EDT
[#11]
This is absolute bullshit. This is also a disgrace to the 71% of women who busted their ass and prepared themselves physically to pass the exam. I REALLY REALLY hope they fight this and win.

Edit:
This is really messed up, their standards are incredibly low compared to MANY agencies out there. If you can't meet these requirements you have no place in law enforcement regardless of sex.

Taken from the PA State Police website

Test Applicant Standards
Vertical Jump 14 inches, 3 Attempts
Illinois Agility Run 23.5 Seconds, 2 Attempts
300-Meter Run 77 Seconds
Push Ups 13 Repetitions (no time limit)
1.5 Mile Run 17 Minutes and 48 Seconds
View Quote
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 3:57:26 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
This is absolute bullshit. This is also a disgrace to the 71% of women who busted their ass and prepared themselves physically to pass the exam. I REALLY REALLY hope they fight this and win.

Edit:
This is really messed up, their standards are incredibly low compared to MANY agencies out there. If you can't meet these requirements you have no place in law enforcement regardless of sex.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Edit:

Test Applicant Standards
300-Meter Run 77 Seconds

That's less stringent than Air Force standards.  
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 3:59:24 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 3:59:42 PM EDT
[#14]
Unfair! That job is prejudiced against people who are incapable of doing the job! RABBLE! RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE!
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 4:00:12 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

I thought we had that already?
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 4:02:16 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
This is so weak.....

Scale it by age but getting hired and never doing another push-up, sit-up or run is ridiculous.
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/29/2014 4:03:26 PM EDT
[#17]
What? No donut dash?
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 4:04:37 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

FPNI.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
FFS

FPNI.

Yep, wonder what the idiot social engineers would say to the women not being "equal" enough to hack it? These whack jobs have ruined our country and values.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 4:06:27 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
This is so weak.....
View Quote

You: RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE!!!!!
Govt worker: oh.....you must be new here
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 4:07:26 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
What? No donut dash?
View Quote

Ohhhh now you want to exclude people with diabetes RACIST!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 4:15:56 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 4:18:12 PM EDT
[#22]
Is your job likely to require you to do said hard physical work?

I see no problem making sure the people i plan to employ will be able to do the work i'm hiring them to do BEFORE i higher them.

Now if this was required for a job doing office work i can see it being a issue.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 4:18:58 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
This is so weak.....

View Quote

Don't scale it by age, some sports are anti scaled by age. look at pro cycling, the best guys are in their LATE 20's or mid 30's. while the younger guys are behind.
simply say "ok on X day we will be letting 100 candidates take the written test. if you want a shot at the job, get your background check packet in by XYZ date, if you get approved you will get a letter to meet at XYZ place in running gear at 8 am".
Guy with bullhorn shows up, and at 8:01 he says, "OK well there are 500 of you, there are 100 paper tests at X location that is 1.5 miles away, you need to be the top 20% of the runners to get a paper test, GO".

Background checks are racist though so my idea is a flop.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 4:19:49 PM EDT
[#24]
WTF so you expect from Team Obama/Holder.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 4:24:18 PM EDT
[#25]
Yeah, yeah we get it. The best qualified for the job is not the way it's done anymore.

Jackasses.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 4:27:52 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Time to lower the bar.

View Quote

Not to mention non citizens......stroke of the pen.....now they're citizens...

Next they can claim that security clearances also discriminate

The deliberate destruction of the U.S.A. by the Soros candidate & his internationalist compadres.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 4:30:31 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Don't scale it by age, some sports are anti scaled by age. look at pro cycling, the best guys are in their LATE 20's or mid 30's. while the younger guys are behind.
simply say "ok on X day we will be letting 100 candidates take the written test. if you want a shot at the job, get your background check packet in by XYZ date, if you get approved you will get a letter to meet at XYZ place in running gear at 8 am".
Guy with bullhorn shows up, and at 8:01 he says, "OK well there are 500 of you, there are 100 paper tests at X location that is 1.5 miles away, you need to be the top 20% of the runners to get a paper test, GO".

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
This is so weak.....

Even better would be to glue the 100 question application test to a 20x12 piece of 2" steel plate. Give one to every one and put them on a 1 mile obstacle course. Gotta carry that thing the whole way. Deduct a half a point every minute
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 4:31:37 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Edit:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Edit:

Test Applicant Standards
300-Meter Run 77 Seconds

17.48 mile and a half?

Oh dear lord.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 4:40:01 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

17.48 mile and a half?

Oh dear lord.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Edit:

Test Applicant Standards
300-Meter Run 77 Seconds

17.48 mile and a half?

Oh dear lord.

How long does it take to walk a mile and a half?
I was just smartassing earlier, but at 56 and out of shape even I could pass that test. Maybe. WTF is an Illinois agility run?
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 4:41:00 PM EDT
[#30]
http://sayanythingblog.com/entry/department_of_justice_declares_math_to_be_racist/

The U.S. Justice Department has found that the math portion of the
Virginia Beach Police Department’s entrance exam discriminates against
black and Hispanic applicants.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 5:18:02 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
http://sayanythingblog.com/entry/department_of_justice_declares_math_to_be_racist/

The U.S. Justice Department has found that the math portion of the Virginia Beach Police Department’s entrance exam discriminates against black and Hispanic applicants.
View Quote

FDNY exam v 2.0
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 5:26:41 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

FDNY exam v 2.0
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The U.S. Justice Department has found that the math portion of the Virginia Beach Police Department’s entrance exam discriminates against black and Hispanic applicants.

FDNY exam v 2.0

How much math does a police exam have? I can't image that is harder than ( If car A is traveling at 45 MPH and car B is traveling at 60 MPH, but car A leaves 30 minutes before car B how car long will it take for car B to catch up to car A.)
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 5:30:02 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

How much math does a police exam have? I can't image that is harder than ( If can A is traveling at 45 MPH and car B is traveling at 60 MPH, but car A leaves 30 minutes before how long will it take for car B to catch up to car A.)
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

FDNY exam v 2.0

How much math does a police exam have? I can't image that is harder than ( If can A is traveling at 45 MPH and car B is traveling at 60 MPH, but car A leaves 30 minutes before how long will it take for car B to catch up to car A.)

Ours was like this.

"You arrest a person who has five one dollar bills, two ten dollar bills, a nickel, and a quarter on their person. How much money do they have on them?"

They still complained it was too hard.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 5:36:38 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Edit:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Edit:

Test Applicant Standards
300-Meter Run 77 Seconds

Jesus fucking Christ I can do all of that with a fucking ruck on my back.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 5:37:09 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Ours was like this.

"You arrest a person who has five one dollar bills, two ten dollar bills, a nickel, and a quarter on their person. How much money do they have on them?"

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

FDNY exam v 2.0

Ours was like this.

"No money but 6 bags of dope and a pistol"
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 5:37:41 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Edit:

Test Applicant Standards
300-Meter Run 77 Seconds

+ hangover
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 5:40:14 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

View Quote
Out in the T where there are no local PD, the PA Staties are real police.

My brother has responded to a number of "real" incidents over 20 years, including two bank robberies ending in gunfights.

At the Philly barracks, you're right.

Link Posted: 7/29/2014 5:40:42 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
What? No donut dash?
View Quote

23.5 seconds.  2 serv....erm, attempts.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 5:41:14 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

+ hangover
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Edit:

Test Applicant Standards
300-Meter Run 77 Seconds

+ hangover

I thought that was implied.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 5:42:20 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote

I want a police force full of empty straw men.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 5:42:45 PM EDT
[#41]
But we need fairness
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 5:44:48 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Ours was like this.

Dope? Yeahhhhh, no dope when we did our search at the precinct?
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 5:45:26 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
My brother has responded to a number of "real" incidents over 20 years, including two bank robberies ending in gunfights.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I meant all police.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 5:45:39 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Edit:

Test Applicant Standards
300-Meter Run 77 Seconds

+ hangover

If I can figure out an an Illinois Agility Run is I might try that at 7:00 am on Saturday just for kicks.

ETA Oh my various gods, really?

Link Posted: 7/29/2014 5:48:01 PM EDT
[#45]
PSP, at least in my area, are squared away, decent people. No Wyatt Earp syndrome, no dogs shot, even when they maybe coulda/shoulda. I hope they tell the feds to pack sand.

ETA...They are the only law around here. The lack of deputies and city cops is OK with me.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 5:48:24 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I want a police force that can't fight their way out of a wet paper bag and have to resort to the taser and handgun more often because they are fucking worthless when shit gets physical.

And as a 16 year popo, let me tell you, it takes way more strength to not hurt someone than it takes to hurt someone when fighting one into cuffs.  

Link Posted: 7/29/2014 5:53:57 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

If I can figure out an an Illinois Agility Run is I might try that at 7:00 am on Saturday just for kicks.

http://www.topendsports.com/testing/images/illinois.gif

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
<<<SNIPPED>>>
+ hangover

Holy shit. I thought it'd at least be climbing through a window, crawling through a 2 foot high opening at ground level, jumping over a table/counter, and jumping over a 4 foot fence.

Jebus.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 5:54:10 PM EDT
[#48]
Damn.

And I thought Florida's standards were low.

In all seriousness, any lower of standards and there wouldn't be any standards other than "Showed up - Check".  Although even that can probably be waived.

I'm willing to bet that PA's mistake was not offering a separate set of male and female standards.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 5:57:24 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Holy shit. I thought it'd at least be climbing through a window, crawling through a 2 foot high opening at ground level, jumping over a table/counter, and jumping over a 4 foot fence.

Jebus.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
<<<SNIPPED>>>
+ hangover

Jebus.

That's fucking clown shoes.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 6:00:21 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Time to lower the bar.

View Quote

Lower the bar? In many places the bar can't get much lower. ..
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top