Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 7/29/2014 9:56:47 AM EDT
http://m.imdb.com/title/tt2262308/

I saw it on netflix and finally watched it. I was very surprised it was done as well as it was. Pretty good.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 5:22:38 PM EDT
[#1]
No HALO fans uh...
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 5:27:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Good series can't wait to see the next one by ridley scott
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 5:28:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Huh, never knew that existed.  Might have to check that out.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 5:28:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Axios!

I played Halo 3, but never really got into the games. Forward unto Dawn was pretty good.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 5:28:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Damn good stuff. Also 5 part halo series directed by Ridley Scott coming out. Hope you played the Destiny beta. It was like Halo+sky rim+mass effect
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 5:29:24 PM EDT
[#6]
I watched it with my sons. It was decent for a low budget action film. I would really like to see that trailer for ODST become a full length movie. I have never even played the games, lol.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 5:30:13 PM EDT
[#7]
I heard there is a TV series coming soon with Spielberg at the helm as well.

I actually love the Halo story and universe. If I had any intention of owning an Xbone anytime soon I'd have the next game pre-ordered already.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 5:31:33 PM EDT
[#8]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I watched it with my sons. It was decent for a low budget action film. I would really like to see that trailer for ODST become a full length movie. I have never even played the games, lol.
View Quote
Yeah, the ODST trailer was amazing. That song [in whatever language] was perfect for the tone.

Link Posted: 7/29/2014 5:32:25 PM EDT
[#9]
I watched it a few months ago. I was surprised with how it was. It was a good movie for what it was
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 5:33:07 PM EDT
[#10]
I dont consider that a movie really...

I would like to see a movie made about the first Halo book..
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 5:34:14 PM EDT
[#11]
Kids live it, I liked it too.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 5:34:45 PM EDT
[#12]
I have played the shit out of every game.  I was pretty young when the first one came out and used allowance money to buy an xbox after playing it at a friends house.  i liked the movie but i really wish there would be a big budget feature film
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 5:35:16 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Damn good stuff. Also 5 part halo series directed by Ridley Scott coming out. Hope you played the Destiny beta. It was like Halo+sky rim+mass effect
View Quote
Sweet! New Halo movies!

Link Posted: 7/29/2014 5:35:42 PM EDT
[#14]
I thought it was pretty good myself.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 5:36:42 PM EDT
[#15]
I liked it, a lot.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 5:37:57 PM EDT
[#16]
Was not as bad as I thought it would be.

<<<<< did not own a non Halo xBox game until GTA IV came along
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 5:41:24 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Huh, never knew that existed.  Might have to check that out.
View Quote

Starts kinda slow but once the shit hits the fan, well that's when I got impressed.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 5:42:19 PM EDT
[#18]
I've played through all the games but I'm not a fan.  I liked the movie though.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 5:43:05 PM EDT
[#19]
The cloaked Elite was impressive. And awesome.The way they played almost monster-movie with it and kept most of the shots of it obscured or fleeting really worked well.  

Link Posted: 7/29/2014 5:44:10 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Axios!

I played Halo 3, but never really got into the games. Forward unto Dawn was pretty good.
View Quote

I played the shit out of Halo 1/2/3 and played ODST. Thought ODST could have been better. My Xbox broke years ago and never really played them since.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 5:44:54 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

Awesome!
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 5:44:57 PM EDT
[#22]
Been on Netflix forever. I liked it. Needs sequels.

Eta: never played, or seen, any of the games.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 5:45:40 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I heard there is a TV series coming soon with Spielberg at the helm as well.

I actually love the Halo story and universe. If I had any intention of owning an Xbone anytime soon I'd have the next game pre-ordered already.
View Quote

Im the same way.  Too bad its xbox.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 5:46:39 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I watched it a few months ago. I was surprised with how it was. It was a good movie for what it was
View Quote

They have RedvsBlue on Netflix and I watched a few the other night and got me geared up to watch this one. And I was told surprised how much better it turned out to be then I thought it would be.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 5:49:25 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
The cloaked Elite was impressive. And awesome.The way they played almost monster-movie with it and kept most of the shots of it obscured or fleeting really worked well.  
View Quote

Yeah I totally agree that's what impressed me the most. I wasn't even expecting to see any of the covenant or an Elite to boot.

My buddy was on leave and was over, a Staff Sgt. And he got all into it
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 6:05:34 PM EDT
[#26]
I would love to see what they could do with the Halo universe and a big budget.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 6:10:31 PM EDT
[#27]
I've never played Halo once. Saw Forward unto Dawn, and enjoyed it.

You don't need to spend a billion dollars to tell a story, even a sic-fi story.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 6:11:28 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 6:12:08 PM EDT
[#29]
Every few months I end up on YouTube watching all the Halo mini movies and trailers. Love that stuff. I bet they could make one awesome movie BUT you know they wouldn't make it out of any of the games or books already done.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 6:14:20 PM EDT
[#30]
I have been inspired. Just started it on Netflix Is it a sequel? Do I need to see the first 3?
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 6:19:44 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I have been inspired. Just started it on Netflix Is it a sequel? Do I need to see the first 3?
View Quote

No, it was used as a way to introduce Lawsky as a character for the game, Halo 4. This is the only movie.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 6:22:08 PM EDT
[#33]
It was fairly decent and I too was surprised.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 6:25:42 PM EDT
[#34]
good movie..

wish they would port all the games to PC. I don't / won't own another console past my N64
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 6:29:01 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Yeah, the ODST trailer was amazing. That song [in whatever language] was perfect for the tone.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 7/29/2014 6:29:22 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 6:30:49 PM EDT
[#37]
Where is the green guy??? Haven't played Halo since the second one they made. Is he still in the franchise?
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 6:31:43 PM EDT
[#38]
microsoft will not let anyone make a movie

they wanted some insane amount of money to do it and hollywood balked.

it was really screwey how much microsoft wanted.

what was rumored was they would not finance it, or help and wanted all of the profit. or something around those lines
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 6:32:13 PM EDT
[#39]
I watched it a few weeks ago.  Was actually pretty damn good.  Wish there was more to watch.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 6:59:09 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
microsoft will not let anyone make a movie

they wanted some insane amount of money to do it and hollywood balked.

it was really screwey how much microsoft wanted.

what was rumored was they would not finance it, or help and wanted all of the profit. or something around those lines
View Quote

All I ever heard was the budget needed was too big and it couldn't/wouldn't be done...
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 7:00:05 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote

I hope I get to see Master Chief fight some Xenomorphs.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 7:07:50 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote

They did a good job with the Hunter also.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 7:10:31 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I was surprised, they did a good job with all of the aliens and the weapons as well.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 7:13:05 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Good series can't wait to see the next one by ridley scott
View Quote

+1
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 7:22:39 PM EDT
[#45]
Here's the overview and trailer. Might turn out to be shit, I'm not getting the reverent vibe Forward Unto Dawn and the live action stuff from years ago had. I almost get a last ship vibe from this http://www.cnet.com/news/ridley-scotts-live-action-halo-nightfall-trailer-lands-at-comic-con/
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 11:35:08 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Here's the overview and trailer. Might turn out to be shit, I'm not getting the reverent vibe Forward Unto Dawn and the live action stuff from years ago had. I almost get a last ship vibe from this http://www.cnet.com/news/ridley-scotts-live-action-halo-nightfall-trailer-lands-at-comic-con/
View Quote

Looks like shit.

Give that budget to the folks who made the ODDT trailer, and you would have a masterpiece. Give it to a Hollywood circle-jerkist, and you get crap.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 11:42:23 PM EDT
[#47]
It was ok, I'm a fan of the Halo series but not a huge one.

Have them all except 4, borrowed it. Didn't care for it.

I like Reach the best for some reason.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 11:47:49 PM EDT
[#48]
TAG

I have watched the ODST short about a zillion times.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 11:48:19 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The live action trailers for Reach were pretty good as well, particularly the pre-invasion one with the civilian families. I thought it was a movie trailer first time I saw it.

edit found it:
Halo: Reach Trailer - The Day Before:http://youtu.be/wvUelctFFvU
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 11:50:11 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
http://m.imdb.com/title/tt2262308/

I saw it on netflix and finally watched it. I was very surprised it was done as well as it was. Pretty good.
View Quote

I was quite surprised too, good movie.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top