BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 6
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 7:05:09 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have a friend who owns a garage, and whenever someone drops off a nice car, he lets me sit in it and fuck with the pedals and stuff.
View Quote

No joke... I'm glad I am not the only one that finds this to be bad form. If someone had traded it in or sold it sure, but I don't want someone pawing all over my firearms when I take them in for work.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 7:06:20 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
No joke... I'm glad I am not the only one that finds this to be bad form. If someone had traded it in or sold it sure, but I don't want someone pawing all over my firearms when I take them in for work.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I have a friend who owns a garage, and whenever someone drops off a nice car, he lets me sit in it and fuck with the pedals and stuff.

My thoughts as well.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 7:07:22 AM EDT
[#3]
My thoughts, as a repeat HK USP-C buyer:
Sights are not plastic, not sure what you were looking at.
The 45 models ARE oversized in the grips and really don't fit a lot of people, which makes the controls a pain.
Ambi safety is available, along with various other setups. The fact that it wasn't on the exact unit you were holding should not be held against the whole product line. You could switch that particular gun to an ambi, lefty, DAO, DA/SA... whatever you wanted.
The mag release is hit or miss for folks. Even if you like it, it takes some practice since it's different from the usual. I generally use my trigger finger and thumb on it at the same time, or just my trigger finger. I like the fact that it's perfectly useable with either hand. I practice dumping the safety by crossing my thumb over if I am using my weak hand alone, but not having to figure out a non standard method for magazines is nice.
ACCURATE. Practical accuracy is huge with these. It's not a tack driving target gun but very often it is the most accurate in practice for people who try a variety of handguns.
I'm not a huge fan of the grip, honestly. It never feels quite right one handed. Two handed it's fine. BUT, in actual use it works well. It's one of those things where just sitting there holding it doesn't transfer to the active use. The opposite is the case for me with many Sigs. I love how they feel, I really like the way they are designed and the construction on the old ones is outstanding. They also HATE my hand when it come to shooting. I've often thought about getting a 220 with target grips as a range toy or maybe house gun, but just haven't bothered.

Lastly, and the reason I actually bought a new one a few years after selling my original in a financial crisis, the damn things just plain WORK. I fully admit they probably aren't any more reliable than a GLOCK, on average. Both companies put out the occasional lemon that gets all sorts of notice, but that's the exception not the rule. But the GLOCK is ugly to me, generally less accurate off the shelf, and has no thumb safety option. Don't get me wrong, practically it's plenty accurate and I'm not saying it NEEDS a safety, just that I prefer having them since my other handguns all use them (mostly 1911's). The M&P is definitely an interesting gun, but it was also fairly new to market when I bought my last HK and I'm not as big a fan of the look and feel. It's just not as elegantly designed and doesn't feel like it's as high quality HK or Glock.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 7:12:18 AM EDT
[#4]
I can say the same about Glocks.  

OP needs to look at the P30/HK45/VP9 with the much improved ergonomics compared to the USP.  Night and day difference between the 2.  

I own an HK45 and use it as my carry gun.  I honestly believe I'll have to replace my hands before I wear out that gun. . . .
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 7:20:38 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Guys with tiny little baby hands don't like them.
View Quote

What can I say-I'm well hung, just not a well hung lesbian.

So how do Manly Men that have thumbs so big they gape their boyfriend's cornhole operate a stiff swing downmag release that's the size of Mini Chicklet chewing gum?
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 7:23:14 AM EDT
[#6]
I don't get the point of an HK or SIG pistol.

Why pay $800-$1000 for a pistol that doesn't do anything a Glock/S&W/FN/CZ, etc can't do?

If it can put rounds into a small group at 15 yards or less, it's fine for a defensive pistol.

Link Posted: 7/29/2014 7:24:22 AM EDT
[#7]
Because everyone's not like you?

Link Posted: 7/29/2014 7:24:31 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

So much whine.  So little cheese.  Inexperienced anecdote is inexperienced anecdotally.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I was at a friend's shop yesterday (FFL that does custom work on handguns) and I picked up a USP45 that a customer had dropped off for something. As I picked it up I was like "cool, I don't see a lot of H&K's in here" and then I started to look it over. It didn't fit my hand, it didn't have an ambi safety-which I need (the worst mod to a weapon ever, only to appease the genetically inferior left handed "people"), the mag release was a joke that no amount of retraining would make as effective as a standard release (works just as fast or faster, you just don't know what you're doing) , and the plastic sights were piss-poor and looked like they came out of a gumball machine (mine have worked for 17 years but OK) . I put it down before I could pick it apart any more than I had-I was really unimpressed (about as unimpressive as this whiny thread).

I've always considered H&K pistols (aside from the P7 PSP I picked up  in the mid-2000's) to be higher quality enthusiasts guns. This gun had nothing going for it but a half decent DA trigger pull-there is no way I would buy one of these over an equivalent Sig-Sauer, or to be honest, an M&P. (The P7 is a novelty.  Sigs are a bad joke and the M&P offers nothing new from a Glock including the terrible trigger.)

Why do people buy these guns? This was not a quality weapon I would be proud to have... I'm sure it costs a considerable amount more than I normally pay for a handgun, I just don't understand how they could get the execution so wrong.  

So much whine.  So little cheese.  Inexperienced anecdote is inexperienced anecdotally.

Link Posted: 7/29/2014 7:24:42 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
OP sucks at trolling.
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/29/2014 7:25:48 AM EDT
[#10]
It's the name. Fanboys go nutty over them too. Personally, they just don't feel right to me.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 7:26:15 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
My HKs are a much higher quality build than my Glocks. The devil is in the details. I don't know why all the HGK haters have all these opinions about HK after picking up one of its oldest designs. Maybe you haters should pick up a P30 or HK45 and make a fair comparison from there. The USP is an almost 20 year old pistol without any updates from the original. In comparison to the three design changes Glock has had in the same time period. The fact the USP is still relevant today should be what is considered a clue. With all that said my daily carry is a Gen3 G19.

ETA I bet the OP is a 1911 guy.
View Quote

Nope, I'm 41 years old so I'm a striker fired baby. 1911's are guns my Dad and Grandad  like.

I have settled on M&P's.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 7:26:51 AM EDT
[#12]
Video games and ego

Aspirational People who can't afford a $3500 custom 1911 like to buy them and brag to their Glock/smith/beretta/ XD shooting friends that they buy "premium" HK with their nose in the air.   Then they hop in their leased Mercedes C-class and putter away.   If "premium" is $200 more than a Glock, well.........I'm sure off the shelf suits are good enough for you too.

They are overcomplicated glocks

No more, no less

Designed 100% by talented engineers, 0% by actual shooters.  And it shows.........
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 7:28:59 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Why pay $800-$1000 for a pistol that doesn't do anything a Glock/S&W/FN/CZ, etc can't do?

If it can put rounds into a small group at 15 yards or less, it's fine for a defensive pistol.

View Quote

Same reason not everyone drives a Kia
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 7:29:04 AM EDT
[#14]
I think a lot of people who hate HK have never shot or owned one and repeat talking points they've heard over the internet like "Because you suck, and we hate you."

I love my P30 and P2000 with LEM triggers.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 7:29:11 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I was at a friend's shop yesterday (FFL that does custom work on handguns) and I picked up a USP45 that a customer had dropped off for something. As I picked it up I was like "cool, I don't see a lot of H&K's in here" and then I started to look it over. It didn't fit my hand, it didn't have an ambi safety-which I need (the worst mod to a weapon ever, only to appease the genetically inferior left handed "people"), the mag release was a joke that no amount of retraining would make as effective as a standard release (works just as fast or faster, you just don't know what you're doing) , and the plastic sights were piss-poor and looked like they came out of a gumball machine (mine have worked for 17 years but OK) . I put it down before I could pick it apart any more than I had-I was really unimpressed (about as unimpressive as this whiny thread).

I've always considered H&K pistols (aside from the P7 PSP I picked up  in the mid-2000's) to be higher quality enthusiasts guns. This gun had nothing going for it but a half decent DA trigger pull-there is no way I would buy one of these over an equivalent Sig-Sauer, or to be honest, an M&P. (The P7 is a novelty.  Sigs are a bad joke and the M&P offers nothing new from a Glock including the terrible trigger.)

Why do people buy these guns? This was not a quality weapon I would be proud to have... I'm sure it costs a considerable amount more than I normally pay for a handgun, I just don't understand how they could get the execution so wrong.  

SIGs are a bad joke? Lol
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 7:29:54 AM EDT
[#16]
Hurrrrr HK is a Benz Glock is a Kia
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 7:30:02 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Aside from possibly the sights, what do any of your observations have to do with the quality of the gun?  Sounded like a lot of feelings and opinion.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I was at a friend's shop yesterday (FFL that does custom work on handguns) and I picked up a USP45 that a customer had dropped off for something. As I picked it up I was like "cool, I don't see a lot of H&K's in here" and then I started to look it over. It didn't fit my hand, it didn't have an ambi safety-which I need, the mag release was a joke that no amount of retraining would make as effective as a standard release, and the plastic sights were piss-poor and looked like they came out of a gumball machine. I put it down before I could pick it apart any more than I had-I was really unimpressed.

I've always considered H&K pistols (aside from the P7 PSP I picked up  in the mid-2000's) to be higher quality enthusiasts guns. This gun had nothing going for it but a half decent DA trigger pull-there is no way I would buy one of these over an equivalent Sig-Sauer, or to be honest, an M&P.

Aside from possibly the sights, what do any of your observations have to do with the quality of the gun?  Sounded like a lot of feelings and opinion.  

Yes. I am a tool and die maker by trade and CAD design mechanisms and assemblies. I know -a lot- about how things are made in industry-stampings, forgings, plastic injection molding, tolerances and working clearances, finish types etc.

When I say it wasn't a quality gun it is because the materials and design were not what I consider to be consistent with a gun that H&K put their best into.

Doesn't matter if it's a valuable opinion for you, it's worth what you paid for it.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 7:31:22 AM EDT
[#18]
The butt hurt is a flowin!

Link Posted: 7/29/2014 7:33:00 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Did I forget to mention that I am listed on the FFL, and help out in the shop? The gun was sitting on the "in" table and I safety checked it and looked it over, not dry fired it and finger fucked it until sundown.

Only an H&K owner would care if someone touched their gun without white gloves on, I guess.....
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 7:34:45 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Hurrrrr HK is a Benz Glock is a Kia
View Quote

No.  HK is a Benz while Glock is a Honda.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 7:35:03 AM EDT
[#21]

Link Posted: 7/29/2014 7:35:37 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Did I forget to mention that I am listed on the FFL, and help out in the shop? The gun was sitting on the "in" table and I safety checked it and looked it over, not dry fired it and finger fucked it until sundown.

Only an H&K owner would care if someone touched their gun without white gloves on, I guess.....
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah you did, wiseass.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 7:36:09 AM EDT
[#23]
I have a USP 45 full-size. I like the mag release, my sights were metal (replaced with tritium). Not a fan of the trigger. It DOES eat 45 Super right out of the box (confirmed with HK). I like the grip better than a full-size glock 45acp. Accurate. 'Nuff said.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 7:36:31 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah your greasy prints might show up in their dramatic blue gel light hued pictures of their HK's posed with their Crye gear and IR dampend shmeghmah of their terror response kit

Bonus points for getting prints on their $400 KAC triple tap
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 7:37:40 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Video games and ego

Aspirational People who can't afford a $3500 custom 1911 like to buy them and brag to their Glock/smith/beretta/ XD shooting friends that they buy "premium" HK with their nose in the air.   Then they hop in their leased Mercedes C-class and putter away.   If "premium" is $200 more than a Glock, well.........I'm sure off the shelf suits are good enough for you too.

No more, no less

Designed 100% by talented engineers, 0% by actual shooters.  And it shows.........
View Quote

I'm ok with custom guns because you get something unique or 'better' when you spend the money.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 7:38:10 AM EDT
[#26]
Just looked at all the H&K's that we have in inventory, and thought of mine. Sights are ateel on their pistols.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 7:40:49 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

I'm ok with custom guns because you get something unique or 'better' when you spend the money.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Video games and ego

No more, no less

Yup.   Glocks take about $77 in fully sunk costs to make (including transport, labor, excise, blah blah blah)

HK's cost about $127 do the same mostly due to smaller economies of scale and more import balogny.

$77 to $127 sooooo premium

Both cheap plastic pieces of shit really.   I don't even blink buying a bottle of wine priced at $77 or $127
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 7:41:06 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Video games and ego

No more, no less

View Quote

Their marketing in the 80s was exceptional.

S&W, Beretta, etc. all demanded that their guns only got to be used by the "good guys."  Mel Gibson, Bruce Willis, Ahnold, Clint Eastwood...

H&K was like, nah, fuck that, just get us screen time.  And so they got their guns EVERYWHERE.  If it was an action movie in the late 80s, early 90s...  there was an H&K in there somewhere.  And all those movies are 'classics,' even today.  Even the stupid ones like Under Siege - I know it's dumb, but I still love it.  And what would that movie be without the MP5?  That, and Gary Busey in drag.  
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 7:42:05 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Just looked at all the H&K's that we have in inventory, and thought of mine. Sights are ateel on their pistols.
View Quote

Glocks don't come with sights, they come with plastic placeholders so you can mount your own sights of choice
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 7:42:14 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
me too. I have 3 HK pistols, and not one has ever had a malfunction, ever. Don't know what plastic sights you're talking about, all 3 of mine have steel sights. I also own Sigs, Glocks, and a token 1911, but still prefer the HK's. When looking at them side by side to the other brands I own, they just feel better built, and look to be a higher quality. And they shoot great. YMMV of course, that's why there are many, many brands to choose from.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
H&K fanboy
me too. I have 3 HK pistols, and not one has ever had a malfunction, ever. Don't know what plastic sights you're talking about, all 3 of mine have steel sights. I also own Sigs, Glocks, and a token 1911, but still prefer the HK's. When looking at them side by side to the other brands I own, they just feel better built, and look to be a higher quality. And they shoot great. YMMV of course, that's why there are many, many brands to choose from.

I haven't ever seen an H&K with plastic sights either.  That stupidity is reserved for Glock ( I only own Glock's btw).
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 7:43:03 AM EDT
[#31]
Hankering for a p30 V1 LEM.

Really seriously hankering for one.

Link Posted: 7/29/2014 7:44:11 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote

"My Honda is every bit as good as your Lamborghini, my Macy's suit is as good as your Canali, and my Timex is as good as your Rolex".

"Only a fool would pay so much for a ....................."

People who feel that way; well good for them.

But people who can afford better, understand the value.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 7:44:57 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

S&W, Beretta, etc. all demanded that their guns only got to be used by the "good guys."  Mel Gibson, Bruce Willis, Ahnold, Clint Eastwood...

H&K was like, nah, fuck that, just get us screen time.  And so they got their guns EVERYWHERE.  If it was an action movie in the late 80s, early 90s...  there was an H&K in there somewhere.  And all those movies are 'classics,' even today.  Even the stupid ones like Under Siege - I know it's dumb, but I still love it.  And what would that movie be without the MP5?  That, and Gary Busey in drag.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Video games and ego

No more, no less

Which makes sense as that was the last time they were relevant.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 7:46:48 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

"My Honda is every bit as good as your Lamborghini, my Macy's suit is as good as your Canali, and my Timex is as good as your Rolex".

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What we are saying is that the HK is not really a premium product.  

It's a few hundred more than a Glock but everyone puts them on a pedestal like they are they are Louboutins or something
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 7:47:48 AM EDT
[#35]
Because you suck and they hate you.

Link Posted: 7/29/2014 7:47:57 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I was thinking the same thing reading the OP.

At least that's not as bad as my friend that caught his FFL shooting his NIB transfer gun.

Link Posted: 7/29/2014 7:48:15 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I was at a friend's shop yesterday (FFL that does custom work on handguns) and I picked up a USP45 that a customer had dropped off for something. As I picked it up I was like "cool, I don't see a lot of H&K's in here" and then I started to look it over. It didn't fit my hand,Grow up it didn't have an ambi safety-which I need so move it or delete it, the mag release was a joke that no amount of retraining would make as effective as a standard release,BS you don't know what you are doing and the plastic sights were piss-poor and looked like they came out of a gumball machine.all of mine came with metal I put it down before I could pick it apart any more than I had-I was really unimpressed.

I've always considered H&K pistols (aside from the P7 PSP I picked up  in the mid-2000's) to be higher quality enthusiasts guns. This gun had nothing going for it but a half decent DA trigger pull-there is no way I would buy one of these over an equivalent Sig-Sauer, or to be honest, an M&P. Except being able to carry cond 1

Why do people buy these guns? This was not a quality weapon I would be proud to have...Pride of ownership, great quality, dead reliable I'm sure it costs a considerable amount more than I normally pay for a handgun, I just don't understand how they could get the execution so wrong that's your opinion man.
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/29/2014 7:50:17 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

It's a few hundred more than a Glock but everyone puts them on a pedestal like they are they are Louboutins or something
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I see more grandstanding for Glock than HK
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 7:50:41 AM EDT
[#39]
I wish I could get an HK style mag release on my Glock.

Only then would it be perfect.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 7:52:14 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Glock owners take plenty of shit on forums

Anyways, feel free to point to any "premium" feature on an HK......

My glocks came with metal factory NS so I don't think the sights hold water for me.   I don't even have to charge them with a flashlight like on a P30
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 7:58:53 AM EDT
[#41]
There was a time in my life when I was an HK fanboi.

I had quite a few USPs, Taciticools, so called compacts and just the regular flavor.

I grew into not liking the square edges for carry or the overpriced mags. I found other pistols that filled my safes and got rid of the HKs.

They are okay guns but no where near as good as they are hyped up to be.  

Link Posted: 7/29/2014 8:00:46 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
There was a time in my life when I was an HK fanboi.

I had quite a few USPs, Taciticools, so called compacts and just the regular flavor.

I grew into not liking the square edges for carry or the overpriced mags. I found other pistols that filled my safes and got rid of the HKs.

They are okay guns but no where near as good as they are hyped up to be.  

View Quote

The square edges are a cost control measure.  Fewer machining steps.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 8:03:18 AM EDT
[#43]
Had a USP and P7M8. Sold both and replaced with g19s

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 8:05:56 AM EDT
[#44]
It's been my experience in this town (Saint Louis) that HK stuff is usually not kept on hand at dealers. The local FFLs have told me they don't want to stock it as nobody buys it. They sell Glocks and Sigs all day long but an HK will rot on their shelves, usually due to price. If they have one in their stock it is usually used, sometimes from a second or third owner, and they usually have to mark it down to bargain basement prices to move it. I've seen a lot of USPs and P2K's in this town marked down to what many would consider to be "too cheap to not buy" prices and they still sit on shelves... So when you see someone local here with a newer HK it usually means they special ordered it, they didn't "shop" for it. They knew what they wanted before they even walked into the store. And I bet half of them will be traded in within a year.

I'm not saying HK pistols are bad, heck I own a few. I'm just saying that they have a price point and a blind faith following that creates a very weird marketplace here. I like my USP45 Tac as a suppressor host, but if I was buying today I'd be looking at the FNX Tac or one of the new Glock 21 TB models instead.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 8:06:43 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
H&K doesn't give two shits about civilian sales.  Since they're hard to find in the wild, they have developed a mystique.
View Quote

Really? I had to get my USP45 fixed and when I called them up, even though I am a civvy sale, I had absolutely no issues with them and they were eager to help me. they wanted me to send them my USP, which I did on a monday, and i had it back at my door, completely fixed in 5 days
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 8:07:16 AM EDT
[#46]
When did HK start using plastic sights????
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 8:07:51 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Really? I had to get my USP45 fixed and when I called them up, even though I am a civvy sale, I had absolutely no issues with them and they were eager to help me. they wanted me to send them my USP, which I did on a monday, and i had it back at my door, completely fixed in 5 days
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
H&K doesn't give two shits about civilian sales.  Since they're hard to find in the wild, they have developed a mystique.

Did they replace your rubber o-ring barrel bushing while they were In there?
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 8:08:15 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
When did HK start using plastic sights????
View Quote

When they started using day-Glo night sights
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 8:09:03 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

This.  Not sure why everyone poo poo's HK customer service anymore.  Sure, 15 years ago that might be the case but HK is a different company these days.  Plenty of positive comments on HK's current customer service....  Oh wait, this is GD, fuck facts, reading is for faggots!

Link Posted: 7/29/2014 8:09:25 AM EDT
[#50]
Had a usp 9 and didn't love it much.  Bought a P30 in 9mm and that thing is the tits.
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top