Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 10:46:30 AM EDT
[#1]
It sucks and the aliens deserve to win...
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 10:47:05 AM EDT
[#2]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

When Col. Weaver put his hand on Mason's shoulder as they looked upon Lexi in the chrysalis and said, "She'll always be your little girl", I almost puked up blood.

This fucker has turned into a never-ending trek across the country fighting people, fighting aliens, getting captured, breaking loose, yadda yadda yadda. It's just like Revolution (what ever happened to that show?) and The Last Ship. They never seem to offer any hope that there will be a resolution to the main plot line. They toss the plot out there in the first episode, then lose their way and just degenerate into boring details of the personal lives of the characters.

Fuck 'em. If it's about defeating alien invaders, let's defeat the alien invaders - not get mired down in love stories and silly subplots about personal conflicts between the characters just to drag out the story.
View Quote
And the keep dropping sub-plots with no resolution.

What happened to the skidder rebellion?

And screw that damn hybrid kid, someone please put a bullet in her and that damn traitor who worships her.

Link Posted: 7/28/2014 10:55:24 AM EDT
[#3]
Now, let's talk about deployment.

What idiots patrol enemy invested territory bunched up and talking like morons and saying stuff like: I will check ahead and if I see something I will fire a warning shot!!
Really?

So the great 2nd goes on a recon and the lead has an MP5 9MM the hero professor Mason has an AK in 7.62X39 (5.45MM?) and his son has an AR15 (223)
Really???
He is supposed to be a history expert on uprisings and resistance so would have the slightest hint different calibers is an extreme danger to the people and mission.
If the MP5 engages and runs low or out of ammo, the AK gets hit and the AR jams you have 7.62 ammo but nothing it takes and same for the 223 ammo but have a functioning 9MM with no ability to use the ammo from the down guns.

That is ridiculous.
You send out the guys with same caliber weapons, you patrol in absolute quiet and you spread out to prevent an easy enemy burst from taking out the entire group.

This is basic 101 Scheise not classified information and if any of those liberal writers/producers asked any AR15 GD noob they would have made that show much more believable.

And, I am just scratching the surface on stupid, the easy most obvious stuff

Wulfmann
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 11:25:09 AM EDT
[#4]
I watched the first season before I got bored with it.
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 11:30:26 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Hope they both turn into bugs and they get wasted by Pope.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I agree, Lexi and her girlfriend have got to go. Too airy.

Right now, Pope is the only redeeming quality in the show.

Link Posted: 7/28/2014 11:43:23 AM EDT
[#6]
So saving all this seaon's episodes on my DVR for a marathon is pointless?
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 11:52:10 AM EDT
[#7]
The photography is often so dark and murky that it's hard to see what's actually happening. It's as if they wanted to save money on scenery.
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 12:08:25 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

It started out pretty good though like Ben was going to pork Maggie, I'm like alright, then  

Link Posted: 7/28/2014 3:21:57 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
So saving all this seaon's episodes on my DVR for a marathon is pointless?
View Quote

Yes completely pointless
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 3:46:27 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
The photography is often so dark and murky that it's hard to see what's actually happening. It's as if they wanted to save money on scenery.
View Quote

It's effectively B&W and I agree
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 3:47:38 PM EDT
[#11]
I've yet to find anyone that feels all of the weird ass shit with the kids has improved the show in any way.
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 3:51:47 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

He's the only one with his head screwed on straight.
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 3:53:02 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

It started out pretty good though like Ben was going to pork Maggie, I'm like alright, then    
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm still thinking it still can happen. Hal is acting weird again.
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 3:56:29 PM EDT
[#14]
I could never get into that show for some reason...and usually i eat shit like that up
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 6:19:12 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I've yet to find anyone that feels all of the weird ass shit with the kids has improved the show in any way.
View Quote

I'll agree with that isnt it enough to fight the bad guys with out all the other horse shit
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 6:28:03 PM EDT
[#16]
I used to look forward to it. Now if I'm shit tossed drunk I'll give it a watch. Sucks.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 6:30:59 PM EDT
[#17]
Lexi is ugly and stupid. Why would anyone watch this shit anymore?
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 6:34:13 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Lexi is ugly and stupid. Why would anyone watch this shit anymore?
View Quote

Yeah, the actress they picked for her doesnt make any sense.  You have a dark haired Mason and an oriental chick.  Lexi blooms into a young adult with zero features of her parents and is blond.  How many blond orientals do you see?
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 6:35:30 PM EDT
[#19]
I didn't make it through the first episode.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 6:37:02 PM EDT
[#20]
I gave up watching it when it appeared to be going in the same direction of V from 30 some years ago.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 6:40:59 PM EDT
[#21]
I'm really disappointed, the combat   storyline had so many great places to go with the arrival of the Volm.

Instead the writing appears to have been given over to a grade school kid; straight into the toilet.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 6:43:15 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I'm really disappointed, the combat   storyline had so many great places to go with the arrival of the Volm.

Instead the writing appears to have been given over to a grade school kid; straight into the toilet.
View Quote

Yeah, the Volm went home with their toys.  Cochese is scared shitless of the red glowing cocoon and no one seems to care what it might bring except for Pope.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 6:46:14 PM EDT
[#23]
Well Walking Dead was above it for the first 2-3 seasons then it went downhill now Falling Skies are going also.

Hate to say it but the only show I am looking forward to is Franklin and Bash.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 6:49:21 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Yeah, the Volm went home with their toys.  Cochese is scared shitless of the red glowing cocoon and no one seems to care what it might bring except for Pope.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Shaq is the one with them now, Cochese had some shit he had to go do....I'm an idiot for even knowing that.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 6:51:32 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Well Walking Dead was above it for the first 2-3 seasons then it went downhill now Falling Skies are going also.
Hate to say it but the only show I am looking forward to is Franklin and Bash.
View Quote

Whatcha talkin bout Willis?
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 6:52:40 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

It's definitely getting more stupid, which is a real bummer, because it started out so well.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
ive been too busy this summer is this season that bad?

It's definitely getting more stupid, which is a real bummer, because it started out so well.

The prof nailed it.  It's a show I love but they just keep destroying it.  They're giving it a 5th season,  so next year it's over. I hope they at least let it go out with a good ending.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 6:53:43 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Shaq is the one with them now, Cochese had some shit he had to go do....I'm an idiot for even knowing that.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lol

I got to say I was a little pissed Revolution got cancelled and it sucked just not as bad as falling skies
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 6:55:56 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I'm a fan of the show, but I agree that the show is taking a turn to shit. Lordes and Lexi need to die...

Edit: wow just realized that this is my first post here. w00t woot
View Quote

They've just destroyed the lourdes character up. She started out as a whipping post, lost her love, became infected and controlled by the aliens.  Now she's just a bizarre hippie mind controlled tea bringing goof.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 6:59:34 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
It sucks but I watch it. They cancelled Southland and kept that steaming pile.
View Quote

At least canceling southland means cudlitz could go to walking dead.  It looks like he's gonna kick ass as abraham.  

Wulfmann brings up alot of valid points, but I just suspend disbelief.  They're not all professional soldiers or even arfcommers.  Just dumb asses trying to fight a vastly superior force.
Link Posted: 8/3/2014 6:56:28 PM EDT
[#30]
Very disappointed in myself watched the beginning of tonights show
Link Posted: 8/3/2014 7:00:40 PM EDT
[#31]
The writing.
Link Posted: 8/3/2014 7:42:50 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
The writing.
View Quote

And the acting
Link Posted: 8/3/2014 7:51:37 PM EDT
[#33]
I watched the first two episodes this season, recorded the next four and canceled the last two weeks.  If I decide to continue watching, I'll catch it 'On Demand.'

Disappointing, however.

Chris
Link Posted: 8/3/2014 8:28:18 PM EDT
[#34]
Think this was my last episode.  Just a train wreck.
Link Posted: 8/3/2014 8:39:47 PM EDT
[#35]
I really enjoyed the first two seasons. I can look past the silly criticisms like "where the hell did they get those guns in Massachusetts" lol

Those seasons had some good action and a reasonably plausible storyline (for somewhat cheesy sci fi).

Season 3 was pretty lame but still decent. This current season is more of a Sci fi channel soap opera. Just lame and nothing but retarded drama.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top