Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
In her defense it was with a mini 14  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
all ya have to do is hit a fucking human target 80% of the time for 30 rds from 50 to 100yds , the 100yds was only 5 shots and it was from a supported position  

Wow!  I can do that.........with a fucking Glock!
In her defense it was with a mini 14  

:thread hijack:

When I did their qual in '96, mine wasn't just your typical Mini-14, it had truly been beat to shit and literally everything on it was even looser and shittier than a normal Mini-14.

One of the guys in my class thought he was super high speed and kept bitching about not being able to personally zero the sights to himself - as if it were his personally issued weapon going into combat.  Since I was standing next to him I intentionally put a round into his target to fuck up his score.

There was ditchweed growing on that range like crazy too.

:/thread hijack:
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 7:34:01 PM EDT
[#2]
This thread is now awesome.  Thank you FedDC.
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 7:34:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I was under the impression that the DC stood for Dept. of Corrections, as in he's a prison guard at a Club Fed someplace.  

I have no cite, just what I remember reading.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
 You were asked what your job was in the military.  Are you going to answer?

What's your job now?  Isn't it something with the FDA along the lines of lettuce inspector?

I'm betting he didn't serve.  There's a combat engineer dozer operator joke in there somewhere given his D9 fetish.

IIRC correctly, someone that seemed legit posted that they met FedDC in Iraq at some point.  I don't know any other details.

FedDC has views that I don't agree with, but he really doesn't strike me as a poser.  I've never seen him make lofty claims.  

Poser callouts, by and large, seem to back fire.

I was under the impression that the DC stood for Dept. of Corrections, as in he's a prison guard at a Club Fed someplace.  

I have no cite, just what I remember reading.

That might be the case.  I'm not sure either.

Regardless, everyone else on this site has the right to support or criticise police actions.  He should too.

In no way is that last part directed at you. Just figured I'd throw it in while responding to you.
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 7:34:35 PM EDT
[#4]
I just read through this entire thread waiting to read Fed DC's reply to the burning question... was disappointed.

I did however get a kick out of the whole, "I'm a sniper!" ..."No you're not..." thing though.

Link Posted: 7/27/2014 7:35:27 PM EDT
[#5]
My theory is that FedDC is Lon Horiuchi pretending to be a prison guard to troll us, and masturbating every time someone mentions how he got away with murdering Vicky Weaver.

I was in a Weapons Co, which had the actual factual scout sniper platoon. Even the guys who were serving in that group, doing the missions and running the gun, weren't allowed to call themselves "snipers" until they finished the school. For some fucking cop to call himself a sniper just because he has a scoped bolt action and faps to the thought of shooting people in the head is a goddamn disgrace.
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 7:39:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
My theory is that FedDC is Lon Horiuchi pretending to be a prison guard to troll us, and masturbating every time someone mentions how he got away with murdering Vicky Weaver.

I was in a Weapons Co, which had the actual factual scout sniper platoon. Even the guys who we're serving in that group, doing the missions and running the gun, weren't allowed to call themselves "snipers" until they finished the school. For some fucking cop to call himself a sniper just because he has a scoped bolt action and faps to the thought of shooting people in the head is a goddamn disgrace.
View Quote

I'm on board with this. Unless you're a HOG... just stop. You're the only one taking yourselves seriously.
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 7:41:32 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
He stated he would shoot someone posing a lethal threat to uniformed LEOs.  He is right and will win a big payout as the dept violated their own policies by punitively transferring him without due process.  They then did it to his supervisor who pointed out the improper actions.

This is a politician in uniform at the top who is about to get schooled in court.
View Quote

Who pointed their weapons first?  If it was the Leos, they were the ones posing the lethal threat.
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 7:42:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I was in a Weapons Co, which had the actual factual scout sniper platoon. Even the guys who we're serving in that group, doing the missions and running the gun, weren't allowed to call themselves "snipers" until they finished the school. For some fucking cop to call himself a sniper just because he has a scoped bolt action and faps to the thought of shooting people in the head is a goddamn disgrace.
View Quote

Shit, Son.  I have 4* scoped bolt action rifles can I be special, too?

*When I bought my Benjamin Silver Streak .177 cal I lived in NJ therefore it is a firearm, not a toy like in other states.
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 7:43:37 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I'm on board with this. Unless you're a HOG... just stop. You're the only one taking yourselves seriously.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh man, that gives another level to the Pig jokes.

I'll also bet most LE "snipers" don't know the the difference between pigs and hogs.
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 7:44:31 PM EDT
[#10]
God bless our troops. Especially our snipers
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 7:45:27 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Gotta be an admin pogue.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sheep gonna baaaaa.

I had no idea I was dealing with a (insert hushed, reverent pause).............SHEEPDOG

What did you do in the military?

Use your imagination.

Gotta be an admin pogue.

Does the military have LGBT liaison unit?

Link Posted: 7/27/2014 7:46:04 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
This thread is now awesome.  Thank you FedDC.
View Quote

His hatred of the populace and blue line fanaticism always takes a thread to 11
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 7:46:44 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

*When I bought my Benjamin Silver Streak .177 cal I lived in NJ therefore it is a firearm, not a toy like in other states.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have one of these.

Link Posted: 7/27/2014 7:47:45 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

If someone is holding your kid hostage, do you really want a guy on the gun who dreads doing his job or a guy that wants to be there?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
He is free to have his opinion.
Wrong to go after guy's job.
But he was
Stupid to post that
Makes me wonder about him
I guess it made his boss wonder too
You really don't want police snipers posting their masturbatory fantasies about shooting people, that tends to come back to haunt you when you get sued  

If someone is holding your kid hostage, do you really want a guy on the gun who dreads doing his job or a guy that wants to be there?

playing on emotions ? isn't this something liberals do ?
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 7:49:33 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
But he was
Stupid to post that
You really don't want police snipers posting their masturbatory fantasies about shooting people, that tends to come back to haunt you when you get sued  

Obviously....Yes.
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 7:49:42 PM EDT
[#16]
HA HA
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 7:51:53 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I was thinking a bit more imaginative.

Part of me thinks Fed DC is an elaborate troll because there is no way he can be really be putting forth that fucking much derp-level stupid in real life.  Either that or a genius level troll  I can't recall him being on the right side of a single issue on this forum.  Nancy Pelosi has a better record than that.  In fact, I am kind of 50/50 on this right now.

It looks to me like he is simply trying to push as many people's hot button he can just to get a desired response.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sheep gonna baaaaa.

I had no idea I was dealing with a (insert hushed, reverent pause).............SHEEPDOG

What did you do in the military?

Use your imagination.

Gotta be an admin pogue.

I was thinking a bit more imaginative.

Part of me thinks Fed DC is an elaborate troll because there is no way he can be really be putting forth that fucking much derp-level stupid in real life.  Either that or a genius level troll  I can't recall him being on the right side of a single issue on this forum.  Nancy Pelosi has a better record than that.  In fact, I am kind of 50/50 on this right now.

It looks to me like he is simply trying to push as many people's hot button he can just to get a desired response.

Oh he is a troll alright.  Sadly, he gets everyone wound up.  I have a feeling he jerks off to this shit because this is all he has.  No one, and I mean no one, can be as stupid as him in real life, and not be a basement neckbearder in sweatpants.  
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 7:55:05 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Made sense to me.  Imagine the liability for the dept and the city if he shot someone in the line of duty and this shit came up during a trial?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

But he was

Stupid to post that

Made sense to me.  Imagine the liability for the dept and the city if he shot someone in the line of duty and this shit came up during a trial?

That's exactly what the city was thinking.  The last thing city attorneys want is loose-cannon social media posts by SWAT officers about shooting people in the head.

This episode will surely come up during the next wrongful death lawsuit involving Vegas SWAT.

Link Posted: 7/27/2014 7:57:44 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Sheep gonna baaaaa.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
But he was
Stupid to post that

If what came up at trial?  That snipers talk about shooting bad guys in the head?.  Wow....who would have thunk it.

Apparently some people disagree with you.

Sheep gonna baaaaa.

Is someone mad because they haven't gotten their kill quota this month? Better hurry, only a few days left until a whole new month starts!
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 8:02:13 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 8:05:11 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Lol. Ok.  

Guess everybody I went to school with wasn't a "real policeman" then.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Real police are life saving institutions....not assassins.

Lol. Ok.  

Guess everybody I went to school with wasn't a "real policeman" then.  

Wow.  This fuckin' guy.  

I have a feeling you're not nearly as good as you think, Billy Badass.
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 8:13:29 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Good start, needs to be out of LE all together though.
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/27/2014 8:19:16 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

But he was

Stupid to post that

View Quote
his comment gave insight into his personality and is a good enough reason for him not to be serving the public not to mention the liability he now brings to the dept.

just another idiot that couldnt keep his mouth shut on social media and will pay for it.

Link Posted: 7/27/2014 8:32:48 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Not a counter sniper.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
A police counter-sniper's first prayer is for peaceful resolution.

If you're that immature at 41, I do NOT want you behind a Leupold and a bolt action.  Try the mall...I hear they issue PSG 1s now.

Not a counter sniper.

I thought the police had sharp shooters and the military and snipers. I guess when police dress up in there GI Joe clothing they are now snipers.
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 8:35:49 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Knowing the quality of police snipers I'd probably pray for an errant meteorite.  

edit I would certainly want someone with more common sense than this guy.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
But he was
Stupid to post that

Knowing the quality of police snipers I'd probably pray for an errant meteorite.  

Depends on the department
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 8:39:56 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
his comment gave insight into his personality and is a good enough reason for him not to be serving the public not to mention the liability he now brings to the dept.
just another idiot that couldnt keep his mouth shut on social media and will pay for it.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
But he was
Stupid to post that

The dude was a fucking nut.

What is even scarier are the cops who hold the same opinions as this guy but stfu about it.

Link Posted: 7/27/2014 8:42:35 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

I thought the police had sharp shooters and the military and snipers. I guess when police dress up in there GI Joe clothing they are now snipers.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

If you're that immature at 41, I do NOT want you behind a Leupold and a bolt action.  Try the mall...I hear they issue PSG 1s now.

Not a counter sniper.

Link Posted: 7/27/2014 8:43:09 PM EDT
[#28]
I've been to some training by TAC*ONE Consulting and it was pretty good.  I have also heard some things about them being sketchy.

Quoted:

What is even scarier are the cops who hold the same opinions as this guy but stfu about it.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

But he was

Stupid to post that

They just know how to play the game.  Either they have those feelings and keep them to themselves and act normal or they can control their opinion from getting out for more nefarious reasons.

Link Posted: 7/27/2014 8:44:20 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Good start, needs to be out of LE all together though.
View Quote

This
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 8:49:34 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not a counter sniper.

I love when you show up because butthurt inevitably follows.

You misspelled placement in your tag line, by the way.
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 8:56:40 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
But he was
Stupid to post that
View Quote

Why is it wrong to remove an honest-to-goodness JBT from his job?
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 8:56:59 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
He definitely violated dept. policy and should be dealt with accordingly. He was responding to a post that showed a picture of some fucking neck beard pointing his rifle at cops. What he posted isn't any different then what some of you basement dwelling ninja's have posted in the past. Maybe the neck beard who had his rifle pointed at the cops should be charged with agg assault, fair is fair.
View Quote

I agree...fair is fair...all those asshole cops who were pointing weapons at people in windows in Boston should get charged with agg assault.  If snipers were pointing their weapons at people at the Bundy ranch they should be charged.
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 8:57:00 PM EDT
[#33]

.......do it for the children!
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 8:58:46 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

If you can't tell, it's telling.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
But he was
Stupid to post that

If what came up at trial?  That snipers talk about shooting bad guys in the head?.  Wow....who would have thunk it.

That statement is interesting to me.  Who are the bad guys?  Who are the good guys?

If you can't tell, it's telling.

It's obvious to all which category you fit into.
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 8:58:59 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not a counter sniper.

butthurt would imply that I am somehow offended by you.
i'm not butthurt, i'm laughing at you, your friends, and your ideas
because most of the arguments here are moronic

Link Posted: 7/27/2014 9:00:51 PM EDT
[#36]
So, now that this guy is off the SWAT team, he's a civilian now, right?
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 9:02:56 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 9:15:32 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I've been to some training by TAC*ONE Consulting and it was pretty good.  I have also heard some things about them being sketchy.

They just know how to play the game.  Either they have those feelings and keep them to themselves and act normal or they can control their opinion from getting out for more nefarious reasons.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
But he was
Stupid to post that

Attended one of their trainings.
Never again.
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 9:17:45 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
So, now that this guy is off the SWAT team, he's a civilian now, right?
View Quote

Yes. Wait, wut?
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 9:26:10 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

IIRC correctly, someone that seemed legit posted that they met FedDC in Iraq at some point.  I don't know any other details.

FedDC has views that I don't agree with, but he really doesn't strike me as a poser.  I've never seen him make lofty claims.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
 You were asked what your job was in the military.  Are you going to answer?

What's your job now?  Isn't it something with the FDA along the lines of lettuce inspector?

I'm betting he didn't serve.  There's a combat engineer dozer operator joke in there somewhere given his D9 fetish.

No "lofty claims?"  Ask him about the danger of us opposing/thereby waking, the sleeping giant that is the US Gov and having said giant crush our families in retaliation.  

I believe he served.  I also believe he was a REMF.

If he is LEO I believe that he is in admin/paper pusher.  I don't believe, at all, that he is on the "front-lines," arresting people and risking his ass whatsoever.  Yet, he wants to act like a .gov badass who is going to fuck the lowly citizens up and he supports everything the government does, no matter how egregious.  He is an enemy to freedom-loving people.

He is also scared, one can sense it in some of his mewlings.  He probably realizes, at some level, how the Quislings fared.  

Good.    
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 9:27:01 PM EDT
[#41]
Come on, people think someone named "FedDC" is NOT a troll? Come on
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 9:49:39 PM EDT
[#42]
About 35 years ago, I was told  by a Viet vet, that a "sniper" was a soldier who had been to "sniper school" as in one of the service branches. He told me anyone else who claims to be a "sniper" is a poser.
Another comment that stuck with me was his belief that a hunter who stalks his game by crawling through the brush , is closer to being a sniper than a policeman with a bolt action and a scope perched on a rooftop.

My take to this day is:
A sniper is someone who has the ability and training  to  actively hunt/stalk and kill their enemy (or force protection when tasked).

A SWAT guy with a precision rifle is tasked with public safety or force protection.  His job is law enforcement  to be there to save lives.

The two are very different.  

Link Posted: 7/27/2014 9:56:17 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

But he was

Stupid to post that

Actually?  I'd rather have the guy who dreads doing his job on the trigger.  I don't want him to start shooting because he wants to shoot someone.  I want him to shoot only when he thinks there is no other option.

Link Posted: 7/27/2014 9:58:20 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
I'm not that much fun actually.  Words mean things.  When people say things, I listen.  If you think real police are not a life saving bunch, but instead are assassins, then that is an indictment on law enforcement everywhere.  

I also do not have ninja boots.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

You must be a riot at parties.  

Do you have ninja boots?

I'm not that much fun actually.  Words mean things.  When people say things, I listen.  If you think real police are not a life saving bunch, but instead are assassins, then that is an indictment on law enforcement everywhere.  

I also do not have ninja boots.
I've come to the conclusion that most bad cops don't like lawyers, because bad cops don't care about the law as the LAW but as a tool to bully, and get upset when someone expects them to follow all the laws, not just use a few hand-picked ones to push people around.

Link Posted: 7/27/2014 10:01:50 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

He stated he would shoot someone posing a lethal threat to uniformed LEOs.  He is right and will win a big payout as the dept violated their own policies by punitively transferring him without due process.  They then did it to his supervisor who pointed out the improper actions.

This is a politician in uniform at the top who is about to get schooled in court.
View Quote
Boy here's my shocked face reading your opinion on this.

Link Posted: 7/27/2014 10:03:19 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
But he was
Stupid to post that

Bwahaha!
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 10:04:14 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
Sheep gonna baaaaa.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

But he was

Stupid to post that

Apparently some people disagree with you.

Sheep gonna baaaaa.
To be completely honest, I would trade you for Dave_a in Gd.

Link Posted: 7/27/2014 10:15:03 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

But he was

Stupid to post that

View Quote

This.  Social Media posting is the debil!!!
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 10:17:58 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
No I get it. I still hate it though. Sniper school is tough and the washout rate is high. Just being selected to attend is a chore. Then you get civilians and I mean law enforcement, that go to some 1 or 2 week class that someone paid for and all of a sudden they're telling people they're a sniper. I busted my ass specifically for a year prior to going to sniper school to prep. Prior to that I busted my ass to get into a recon platoon (scouts) just to have the opportunity to go to school. There are only three ways to become an American sniper and all of those require being in the military; army sniper school, SOTIC and marine sniper school. That's it, nothing else. If you didn't go to any of those, you are not a sniper, period.

Not all cops do that btw and I'm not a basher. Several close friend of mine including a few I've served with are leo.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Marksman, MARKSMAN! He's no effing sniper. Those are the douchbags that when/if it ever came to it, will meet a real sniper that'll ring his bell at three times the range he's capable of.

Scariest dude I ever met at a (forced) shooting school was a Ranger Scroll Ranger. Med. Height. Slim build. Rifle was nothing special but he spent a LOT of his own time and money on a Premier scope and Ghillie.  

And like most scary folks he was chill and friendly.

I know it is lazy to just say 'sniper' and seems PC to differentiate but personally I do like to keep the two very distinct.  One small man's opinion.

No I get it. I still hate it though. Sniper school is tough and the washout rate is high. Just being selected to attend is a chore. Then you get civilians and I mean law enforcement, that go to some 1 or 2 week class that someone paid for and all of a sudden they're telling people they're a sniper. I busted my ass specifically for a year prior to going to sniper school to prep. Prior to that I busted my ass to get into a recon platoon (scouts) just to have the opportunity to go to school. There are only three ways to become an American sniper and all of those require being in the military; army sniper school, SOTIC and marine sniper school. That's it, nothing else. If you didn't go to any of those, you are not a sniper, period.

Not all cops do that btw and I'm not a basher. Several close friend of mine including a few I've served with are leo.
You are correct that what a basic police marksman must go through to become one vs what a US military sniper must do to become one is to compare a single snowflake floating down to a blizzard.

However, I don't want to leave the impression that sniper is some sort of 'level' of marksmanship.

A guy who can shoot a penny at 1000 yards but who only ever shoots paper targets or animals is a target shooter or hunter regardless of his shooting skills.

A guy who can barely hit a trash can at 100 yards, but who in 1962 in Vietnam hides in a mudhole 20 feet from a path where he expects an enemy US soldier out on a mission to take a piss is likely to walk IS a sniper, regardless of his skill.

Regarding police using the term Sniper vs Counter-Sniper or Marksman.  Words often have subtle meanings.  While both an executioner and a murderer kill a a fellow human being, there is a context to their actions which make all the difference in the world.  A sniper is there to take out important military targets, assets of value, and sow fear amongst enemy troops.  That's not the roll of a police officer with a precision rifle and the skill to use it.  The police marksman exist to eliminate an armed individual who is using his weapon to threaten the life of another individual after all other options have been exhausted.
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 10:22:36 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

I don't know who started pointing rifles at whom at the Bundy ranch, and admittedly didn't follow the news much on it, but while I saw bad moves on both sides, I saw some straight up stupidity on the part of some of the so-called militia.  I don't recall seeing pics of cops aiming at the protestors, but I saw protestors aiming at cops.  I don't have time to research it right now, but I figure if pics exist of cops aiming at protestors, they'll be posted now.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

I don't know who started pointing rifles at whom at the Bundy ranch, and admittedly didn't follow the news much on it, but while I saw bad moves on both sides, I saw some straight up stupidity on the part of some of the so-called militia.  I don't recall seeing pics of cops aiming at the protestors, but I saw protestors aiming at cops.  I don't have time to research it right now, but I figure if pics exist of cops aiming at protestors, they'll be posted now.

Not from Bundy, but from Boston.

What do you have to say about this?  P.S. he wasn't 'aiming back at an armed man aiming at him' he was aiming at a guy who was using a camera.

Page / 14
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top