Site Notices
Page / 14
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 4:24:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 4:30:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Or, I can just call the PIO at the Navy and go that route.

This stonewalling over a really simple question on an issue that Bourne has talked about at length is really bizarre.

Good night all.
View Quote

You do that, hun  Tell us how it goes.  

After all, I can't imagine why Bourne got an odd feeling off of your questions both on Facebook (below) and Twitter, posted at the same time.  Really just seems like he misunderstood your aims.

Link Posted: 7/30/2014 4:36:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

After all, I can't imagine why Bourne got an odd feeling off of your questions both on Facebook (below) and Twitter, posted at the same time.  Really just seems like he misunderstood your aims.

http://i.imgur.com/ZKAfLyk.jpg
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This stonewalling over a really simple question on an issue that Bourne has talked about at length is really bizarre.

Good night all.

http://i.imgur.com/ZKAfLyk.jpg

Yeah, totally innocent curiosity there.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 4:37:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Good night all.
View Quote

FUAROCK
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 5:03:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I want to ask him about his views on Bundy and his repeated promise that he will refuse to obey any Navy orders which he believes are unlawful.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:

I want to ask him about his views on Bundy and his repeated promise that he will refuse to obey any Navy orders which he believes are unlawful.  

Yeah, military officers that refuse to follow unlawful orders are a real problem.  Unlawful orders are never given and we don't need to worry about them.  

You know, it's bit disconcerting how you are ignoring the links to blog posts saying that you work online using fake personas in order to report people to the IRS and then I see the below at your Forbes profile:

she has successfully monitored hundreds of tax defier and sovereign citizen organizations.

Odd, that.  Seems like a link.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 5:03:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 5:09:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
jj_mac will not be returning anytime soon.
View Quote

That makes a ton of sense, given the definition of arocking.  Thanks, mods!
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 5:21:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I'm not a gun expert.  I own handguns for personal protection, but have never claimed to be an expert in them.  If you want to own lots of guns, go for it.  It's just not my thing.

Perhaps because I'm not into gun culture, I see this level of nitpicking as the equivalent of correcting someone's spelling in an Internet post, rather than addressing any points they she (or possibly he or she) actually made.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Just to recap, jj_mac is the person who is getting fisked here.

This is the article in question.

Here's a choice quote.

The M&P15 (“Military and Police”) semi-automatic tactical rifle falls into the AR-15 class of weapons, which is preferred by Patriots for a number of reasons. Such guns are inexpensive, easy to shoot, accurate, customizable, and for a 10-year period starting in 1994, this type of rifle was banned by federal law, which gives the weapon a certain prestige among Patriot groups. Despite the M&P name, Smith & Wesson has actively marketed the rifle to civilian shooters.

I don't have an opinion on the Bundy thing, but the lady is obviously an anti-gun hack.

I'm not a gun expert.  I own handguns for personal protection, but have never claimed to be an expert in them.  If you want to own lots of guns, go for it.  It's just not my thing.

Perhaps because I'm not into gun culture, I see this level of nitpicking as the equivalent of correcting someone's spelling in an Internet post, rather than addressing any points they she (or possibly he or she) actually made.

If you had used "other people's" instead of "someone's", I could see using the pronoun "they"; however, I believe the Grammar Nazis would ask that you use the pronoun "she", or the more generic "he".  Using the encompassing "he or she", while grammatically correct, is linguistically burdensome, and quite frankly, annoying.  

Now that I think about it, I probably shouldn't have come down so hard on your misuse of "they", as the alternative could have been much worse.  Admit it, with your Maryland address, you were sort of itching to use "he or she", weren't you?

[now back to your regularly scheduled programming]
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 5:30:38 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

You're a Cliven Bundy supporter.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

HOW DID YOU KNOW I FALL FOR DUMB-ASS LEGAL SCAMS AND CONSPIRACY THEORIES?!  HOW?

You're a Cliven Bundy supporter.

Well, truth be told, you're the one who follows the We_Support_Cliven Twitter feed.  Gee, if that's not the sign of a Bundy supporter, I don't know what is.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 5:43:01 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

Damn it.  I think she really wanted to be my friend.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 5:52:53 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Shit was going to get good with her and I was making the popcorn. I guess that's what I get for being a day late and a dollar short

Link Posted: 7/30/2014 6:37:31 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 7:03:35 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

Good.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 7:21:20 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

So now you think that the fact that I tried to reach him through both of his public social media accounts using my real name is evidence of some darker motive?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

She asked these questions nearly simultaneously over BOTH twitter and FB.  Odd, that.

So now you think that the fact that I tried to reach him through both of his public social media accounts using my real name is evidence of some darker motive?

Quoted:

Good night all.

FUAROCK
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 8:57:26 PM EDT
[#15]
I'm sure I don't know the answer to this because I'm incredibly naive, but why in the world would someone want to go around the internet, bait people and throw them to the wolves government? Does it pay well? Any way we can re-focus her energy on Fast and Furious or Lois Lerner?

Good grief..
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 9:51:58 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Was there an answer to his question somewhere in there?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Huh...that's nice.  So you don't mind if people are "observing" you that way right?  Since good cops don't seem to mind being observed in their duties I guess it would be ok to sit around with my TRG 42 observing them through my US Optics scope since the glass is so nice right?

I'm sorry our Sovereign Citizen friends are getting all butt hurt over getting glassed by a cop with a big scope and a bigger mouth.  The fact is, if he hadn't said anything, there we would not have this entertaining thread to enjoy.  When you have guys with guns pointing guns and guys with guns, somebody is going to get their feathers ruffled.  I guess it comes down to who has a legal reason to be where they are and who doesn't.

Was there an answer to his question somewhere in there?

I guess as long as you are at a legal location it is ok to glass cops with your scoped rifle?  He didn't answer on whether the guy on the bridge should be charged with agg assault either.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 9:57:50 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

What's not true about her statement?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Here's a choice quote.

The M&P15 (“Military and Police”) semi-automatic tactical rifle falls into the AR-15 class of weapons, which is preferred by Patriots for a number of reasons. Such guns are inexpensive, easy to shoot, accurate, customizable, and for a 10-year period starting in 1994, this type of rifle was banned by federal law, which gives the weapon a certain prestige among Patriot groups. Despite the M&P name, Smith & Wesson has actively marketed the rifle to civilian shooters.

I don't have an opinion on the Bundy thing, but the lady is obviously an anti-gun hack.

AR15 "type rifles" we're never banned, merely certain cosmetic features. Are you actually asking me that question?
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 11:00:13 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

AR15 "type rifles" we're never banned, merely certain cosmetic features. Are you actually asking me that question?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Here's a choice quote.

There are about six or seven phrases she uses that I would not consider true or supportive of our rights. I'm with Balog here. Are you really asking that question?

Fuck it I'll break it down.

"The M&P15 (“Military and Police”) semi-automatic tactical rifle falls into the AR-15 class of weapons, which is preferred by Patriots for a number of reasons. "

The first sentence screams anti gun propaganda. Tactical rifle? AR-15 class of weapons? What the fuck does either of those to word strings have anything to do with anything. Fear mongering plane and simple. Since when has it been preferred by Patriots? And when did we become any kind of organized group? Apparently I missed that memo one time pad.

"Such guns are inexpensive, easy to shoot, accurate, customizable, and for a 10-year period starting in 1994, this type of rifle was banned by federal law, which gives the weapon a certain prestige among Patriot groups."

Inexpensive is not really true by most of Americas standards. Hi Points are inexpensive rifles. Saying rifles that cost 900-1500 as inexpensive is disingenuous as fuck. Easy to shoot and accurate is laughable. They are really no more easy then any other rifle. Pull the trigger hits paper. This line of thought that ARs are people seeking death guns is an antis view plan and simple. Customizable is a big one with the antis. Don't know why. Pro people tend to use modular. Don't have anything to back that up just something I noticed. They were never specifically banned federally that is an out right lie. The fact that evil features got banned gives it a "prestige" what the fuck? I bought an AR because it's light and holds a fuck ton of ammo. Shit mine doesn't even have a bayo lug.I've never heard of anyone thinking because the were banned they were some how more awesome.

"Despite the M&P name, Smith & Wesson has actively marketed the rifle to civilian shooters"

This is making it seem like we are getting hardware that should only be reserved for the POPO and the .mil. That is untrue. IIRC S&W has been selling M&P guns for like a century now. OHHH IM SO ASCARED

She might not have came out and said that we shouldn't have them but she sure as shit implied it.

Maybe I'm just tired and pissed off. Maybe I'm nitpicking. Either way she's no longer a member so I can say. Fuck you JJ you anti freedom cunt!

Link Posted: 7/30/2014 11:01:14 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
all this butt hurt over some nutjob land grabber
View Quote

The thread isn't about that.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 11:11:44 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Here's a choice quote.

The entire article is meant to paint "Patriot" groups as domestic terrorists and goes on to associate the AR-15 with them, ergo, the reader is supposed to infer that the AR-15 is a weapon of terror in the hands of non-government actors.

No agenda there at all.

That woman is no friend of the 2A and no friend of anyone who supports Constitutional rights.

Plus she apparently makes a pastime out of going after people whom she disagrees with on the internet, aka AROCKing.
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 5:10:07 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

The entire article is meant to paint "Patriot" groups as domestic terrorists and goes on to associate the AR-15 with them, ergo, the reader is supposed to infer that the AR-15 is a weapon of terror in the hands of non-government actors.

No agenda there at all.

That woman is no friend of the 2A and no friend of anyone who supports Constitutional rights.

Plus she apparently makes a pastime out of going after people whom she disagrees with on the internet, aka AROCKing.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Here's a choice quote.

No agenda there at all.

Not to mention her side business of informing on people to the IRS.  I believe there's a reward system in place for doing this to businesses, not sure about individuals?
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 5:31:06 AM EDT
[#22]
Man people have gotten crazy. Getting into people's personal stuff and whatnot.

The officer of whom the topic is about just probably needs to grow up some more.  If he can do his job and modify his attitude maybe he's not a lost cause. I don't know the guy.  I do know that at 41 it's creepy.  But if he were 21 I could let it slide more.  I really don't see why people fantasize about shooting people.   Once you send it, it's gone. All of it.

I'm down on people taking things too far. I've not had the easiest of times but I never once thought "if I had a tank this would be a lot better".

Someone wrote something about a guy they knew who went on a call out and had to cover down on a guy with a scoped rifle and it messed him up.  Didn't shoot him but still. Yeah. That can happen. If you have any conscience at all.  

Your goal should be to leave it better than you found it.  Not everyone is a bad person or a criminal.   Its easy to feel superior if you don't catch yourself.   People do die doing this stuff but....overall it is rare.  

Things aren't that bad.   They really aren't.  
Things are better now than ever before.
Absolutely.
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 5:40:02 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 5:45:14 AM EDT
[#24]
Geez, people. All this over a swat dude running his suck.

A) he was stupid. Maybe he can be fixed. Maybe not.

B) sovereign citizens ARE a threat to law enforcement.

C) having a don't tread on me flag, us flag, or an ar15 do not an extremist make.

D) mraps neither pick your pocket nor break your leg.

Unless you're that six time murderer in Harris county.

Smh...
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 5:45:22 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Yes.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

<snip>

Maybe I'm just tired and pissed off. Maybe I'm nitpicking. <nsip>

Yes.

Nope, its already been handled though.
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 5:46:40 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Yes.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

<snip>

Maybe I'm just tired and pissed off. Maybe I'm nitpicking. <nsip>

Yes.

Happens...at least I admit it.
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 5:48:38 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Geez, people. All this over a swat dude running his suck.

A) he was stupid. Maybe he can be fixed. Maybe not.

B) sovereign citizens ARE a threat to law enforcement.  Vastly overblown

C) having a don't tread on me flag, us flag, or an ar15 do not an extremist make.

D) mraps neither pick your pocket nor break your leg. Maintenance and liability for having that tipsy monstrosoty in inventory sure as shit picks my pocket.

Unless you're that six time murderer in Harris county.

Smh...
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/31/2014 5:54:19 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 6:43:56 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

B) sovereign citizens ARE a threat to law enforcement.

View Quote

You need a link to JJ Macnab's published tripe on the BIG THREAT?  I mean, that's whose work you'll be citing in an argument.  The woman who cites and works with the SPLC.
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 6:45:51 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
About 35 years ago, I was told  by a Viet vet, that a "sniper" was a soldier who had been to "sniper school" as in one of the service branches. He told me anyone else who claims to be a "sniper" is a poser.
Another comment that stuck with me was his belief that a hunter who stalks his game by crawling through the brush , is closer to being a sniper than a policeman with a bolt action and a scope perched on a rooftop.

My take to this day is:
A sniper is someone who has the ability and training  to  actively hunt/stalk and kill their enemy (or force protection when tasked).

A SWAT guy with a precision rifle is tasked with public safety or force protection.  His job is law enforcement  to be there to save lives.

The two are very different.  

View Quote

Hmmm. And I always thought that a police shooter was tasked with remaining concealed while moving and positioning. Too many movies omd. SWAT doesn't want you to see the guys watching you through scopes, either. NOBODY silhouettes on a ledge or sets up in a window frame. Unless, of course, they're incompetent. And I personally HATE the word "sniper", since it has so many negative connotations. The .mil guys don't get sued every time they take a deep breath like cops. Cops don't get deployed like the .mil does. They BOTH miss a LOT of family time and holidays.The fieldcraft and stressors are different for the jobs, but one is not inferior to the other. Just different.

If your ego is so fragile that you get upset over a word..... think about all the MPs who refer to themselves as "law enforcement". Do I care? Nope, not the same job, but close enough for me.
How do you drive .mil and cops crazy? Put them in a round room....
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 6:48:02 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
You are correct that what a basic police marksman must go through to become one vs what a US military sniper must do to become one is to compare a single snowflake floating down to a blizzard.  

However, I don't want to leave the impression that sniper is some sort of 'level' of marksmanship.

A guy who can shoot a penny at 1000 yards but who only ever shoots paper targets or animals is a target shooter or hunter regardless of his shooting skills.

A guy who can barely hit a trash can at 100 yards, but who in 1962 in Vietnam hides in a mudhole 20 feet from a path where he expects an enemy US soldier out on a mission to take a piss is likely to walk IS a sniper, regardless of his skill.

Regarding police using the term Sniper vs Counter-Sniper or Marksman.  Words often have subtle meanings.  While both an executioner and a murderer kill a a fellow human being, there is a context to their actions which make all the difference in the world.  A sniper is there to take out important military targets, assets of value, and sow fear amongst enemy troops.  That's not the roll of a police officer with a precision rifle and the skill to use it.  The police marksman exist to eliminate an armed individual who is using his weapon to threaten the life of another individual after all other options have been exhausted.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Marksman, MARKSMAN! He's no effing sniper. Those are the douchbags that when/if it ever came to it, will meet a real sniper that'll ring his bell at three times the range he's capable of.

Scariest dude I ever met at a (forced) shooting school was a Ranger Scroll Ranger. Med. Height. Slim build. Rifle was nothing special but he spent a LOT of his own time and money on a Premier scope and Ghillie.  
And like most scary folks he was chill and friendly.

I know it is lazy to just say 'sniper' and seems PC to differentiate but personally I do like to keep the two very distinct.  One small man's opinion.

No I get it. I still hate it though. Sniper school is tough and the washout rate is high. Just being selected to attend is a chore. Then you get civilians and I mean law enforcement, that go to some 1 or 2 week class that someone paid for and all of a sudden they're telling people they're a sniper. I busted my ass specifically for a year prior to going to sniper school to prep. Prior to that I busted my ass to get into a recon platoon (scouts) just to have the opportunity to go to school. There are only three ways to become an American sniper and all of those require being in the military; army sniper school, SOTIC and marine sniper school. That's it, nothing else. If you didn't go to any of those, you are not a sniper, period.

Not all cops do that btw and I'm not a basher. Several close friend of mine including a few I've served with are leo.
You are correct that what a basic police marksman must go through to become one vs what a US military sniper must do to become one is to compare a single snowflake floating down to a blizzard.  

However, I don't want to leave the impression that sniper is some sort of 'level' of marksmanship.

A guy who can shoot a penny at 1000 yards but who only ever shoots paper targets or animals is a target shooter or hunter regardless of his shooting skills.

A guy who can barely hit a trash can at 100 yards, but who in 1962 in Vietnam hides in a mudhole 20 feet from a path where he expects an enemy US soldier out on a mission to take a piss is likely to walk IS a sniper, regardless of his skill.

Regarding police using the term Sniper vs Counter-Sniper or Marksman.  Words often have subtle meanings.  While both an executioner and a murderer kill a a fellow human being, there is a context to their actions which make all the difference in the world.  A sniper is there to take out important military targets, assets of value, and sow fear amongst enemy troops.  That's not the roll of a police officer with a precision rifle and the skill to use it.  The police marksman exist to eliminate an armed individual who is using his weapon to threaten the life of another individual after all other options have been exhausted.

Didn't see your post before, but I agree completely.
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 6:49:56 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Jesus Christ, YES.

They're "elite" in their own mind...and the kicker of it is that in the department they work where they are surrounded by people who truly define mediocrity, they are "elite". They are "elite" in the same sense that a dude with a room temperature IQ is the "smartest" guy on a short bus.

Their suck becomes institutionalized and gets handed down like bad VD. And the end result is you have these fucktards running around an elementary school doing "active shooter" training with M4's using blanks (with no hearing protection, mind you, because in the real thing you won't have earpro, sheepdog! Nevermind that they make perfectly good electronic ear pro that dudes are actually using in real fights all over the fucking place, and nevermind the logic of being rendered stone fucking deaf long before an active shooter ever manifests) and then getting into fucking arguments of "I got you!" like fucking children playing cowboys and fucking indians.

There aren't words for how fucked up some of these "SWAT" teams are. SWAT is no different than any other aspect of policing...a shitload of mediocrity with the occasional island of professionalism and competence standing out.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I know plenty of guys who get on or start a SWAT outfit and for some reason feel they are at the same table as SAS or SEALs.

Jesus Christ, YES.

They're "elite" in their own mind...and the kicker of it is that in the department they work where they are surrounded by people who truly define mediocrity, they are "elite". They are "elite" in the same sense that a dude with a room temperature IQ is the "smartest" guy on a short bus.

Their suck becomes institutionalized and gets handed down like bad VD. And the end result is you have these fucktards running around an elementary school doing "active shooter" training with M4's using blanks (with no hearing protection, mind you, because in the real thing you won't have earpro, sheepdog! Nevermind that they make perfectly good electronic ear pro that dudes are actually using in real fights all over the fucking place, and nevermind the logic of being rendered stone fucking deaf long before an active shooter ever manifests) and then getting into fucking arguments of "I got you!" like fucking children playing cowboys and fucking indians.

There aren't words for how fucked up some of these "SWAT" teams are. SWAT is no different than any other aspect of policing...a shitload of mediocrity with the occasional island of professionalism and competence standing out.

Like every other job on earth.... including the military.
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 6:56:21 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Hmmm. And I always thought that a police shooter was tasked with remaining concealed while moving and positioning. Too many movies omd. SWAT doesn't want you to see the guys watching you through scopes, either. NOBODY silhouettes on a ledge or sets up in a window frame. Unless, of course, they're incompetent. And I personally HATE the word "sniper", since it has so many negative connotations. The .mil guys don't get sued every time they take a deep breath like cops. Cops don't get deployed like the .mil does. They BOTH miss a LOT of family time and holidays.The fieldcraft and stressors are different for the jobs, but one is not inferior to the other. Just different.

If your ego is so fragile that you get upset over a word..... think about all the MPs who refer to themselves as "law enforcement". Do I care? Nope, not the same job, but close enough for me.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
About 35 years ago, I was told  by a Viet vet, that a "sniper" was a soldier who had been to "sniper school" as in one of the service branches. He told me anyone else who claims to be a "sniper" is a poser.
Another comment that stuck with me was his belief that a hunter who stalks his game by crawling through the brush , is closer to being a sniper than a policeman with a bolt action and a scope perched on a rooftop.

My take to this day is:
A sniper is someone who has the ability and training  to  actively hunt/stalk and kill their enemy (or force protection when tasked).

A SWAT guy with a precision rifle is tasked with public safety or force protection.  His job is law enforcement  to be there to save lives.

Link Posted: 7/31/2014 7:00:25 AM EDT
[#34]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

My take to this day is:

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/watertown.jpg

Sniper, what is the story on this pic?
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 7:06:34 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote

That's right before the Boston bomber was shot to hell for the gun that he produced...that was never found.
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 7:07:03 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

My take to this day is:

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/watertown.jpg

First, I'm only a sniper in GDs definition.

That is a tweeted pic of police during the Watertown CT search for the Russian bombers.
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 7:11:16 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
[
View Quote

I know, just funnin'.
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 7:17:35 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

I know, just funnin'.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
[

I know, just funnin'.

I figured you were, but I thought I'd be aware of my shape shade silhouette skyline sound shadow and speed so I didn't get targeted either.
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 8:13:49 AM EDT
[#39]
Sounds so safe.
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 8:35:51 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 8:42:44 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

13'ers gonna 13.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I like how people think their job is more important than upholding the integrity of law enforcement for a given community.  There could be respect for law enforcement, but as long as police unions prioritize their job and their well being over that of honor such a position might hold, the respect will always be lacking.  I really have a problem with SWAT 'operators' that think they're special forces and see citizens as enemies.

So following the rules is a bad thing?  A process exists, FOLLOW IT. Just as we expect police to follow the law when making cases. Hatred of unions= love of slave labor.

13'ers gonna 13.

Yeah, only because I couldn't reactivate my old account from Y2K. Ah, the good old days when pre-ban MEANT something, and ammo was cheap....
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 8:48:06 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Yeah, only because I couldn't reactivate my old account from Y2K. Ah, the good old days when pre-ban MEANT something, and ammo was cheap....
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I like how people think their job is more important than upholding the integrity of law enforcement for a given community.  There could be respect for law enforcement, but as long as police unions prioritize their job and their well being over that of honor such a position might hold, the respect will always be lacking.  I really have a problem with SWAT 'operators' that think they're special forces and see citizens as enemies.

So following the rules is a bad thing?  A process exists, FOLLOW IT. Just as we expect police to follow the law when making cases. Hatred of unions= love of slave labor.

13'ers gonna 13.

I hear Detroit has good unions.
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 8:48:59 AM EDT
[#43]
Interesting turn of events. Hmmmm.
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 8:51:05 AM EDT
[#44]
This thread has a little of everything. JBT's being disciplined. Trolling anti's getting banned. Thin Blue liners and staff derp!

Very entertaining.
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 8:57:36 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
This thread has a little of everything. JBT's being disciplined. Trolling anti's getting banned. Thin Blue liners and staff derp!

Very entertaining.
View Quote

Union herp derp too.
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 9:52:51 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Interesting turn of events. Hmmmm.
View Quote

Entertaining with a dash of head scratching and a smidgen of shoulder shrugging.
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 10:22:01 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

13'ers gonna 13.

So you're admitting to being a retread? Paging norcal, norcal leo to the white courtesy ban hammer please...
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 12:31:50 PM EDT
[#48]
I see JJ MacNab has been banned.  I still can't believe all this went down.  I've never communicated with, or even asked anyone else to communicate with LVMPD.  Hell, I'm not even a Bundy supporter.  These guys would have been kicked off SWAT with or without me.  All I did was provide the screen caps to the news AFTER the fact.  This Laws character was posting publicly, fantasizing about shooting the guy on the overpass.  I don't know Laws, and I don't know the guy on the overpass, but I don't feel that glassing folks was appropriate on either side. We know law enforcement "glassed" civilians, but we don't know where the guy on the overpass was aiming.  I wasn't there, I don't know Bundy, Laws, or the overpass bearded SKS guy.  I do think that MacNab is trying to AROCK me right now with the military and that's unfortunate for both of us.

Until then, I'll start looking for the number to truck master.

Goose: Maybe I should be a truck driver. Hey Mav you know the name of that truck driving school. Truck Master I think it is. I might need that.
View Quote

http://i.imgur.com/zHg2ZAj.jpg
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 12:51:32 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Hell some posters have point blank asked me for my information about a post.

Which is exactly my point he got fucked over for something that would be true and it would not have made the news if a certain blogger had not taken an internet discussion into real life to fuck someone over.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Certain persons have tried to Arock me from my posting here.

And that is fucked up. I would be pissed off if anything I said here was brought into real life. There is a difference though. Here we all exercise a bit of persec. When you go off saying "I'm so an so of whatever department in the tactcool unit and ya that guy would have got 62gr in the spine" then it gets a bit muddier. Especially when you are commenting on something like this were there was a big clash on peoples beliefs. If he had said the same shit about some white trash meth head who was having a standoff with police on top of his trailer this would have never made the news.

Hell some posters have point blank asked me for my information about a post.

Which is exactly my point he got fucked over for something that would be true and it would not have made the news if a certain blogger had not taken an internet discussion into real life to fuck someone over.

At least they were not being sneaky about it....
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 1:18:27 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
I see JJ MacNab has been banned.  I still can't believe all this went down.  I've never communicated with, or even asked anyone else to communicate with LVMPD.  Hell, I'm not even a Bundy supporter.  These guys would have been kicked off SWAT with or without me.  All I did was provide the screen caps to the news AFTER the fact.  This Laws character was posting publicly, fantasizing about shooting the guy on the overpass.  I don't know Laws, and I don't know the guy on the overpass, but I don't feel that glassing folks was appropriate on either side. We know law enforcement "glassed" civilians, but we don't know where the guy on the overpass was aiming.  I wasn't there, I don't know Bundy, Laws, or the overpass bearded SKS guy.  I do think that MacNab is trying to AROCK me right now with the military and that's unfortunate for both of us.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Goose: Maybe I should be a truck driver. Hey Mav you know the name of that truck driving school. Truck Master I think it is. I might need that.

Rubber dog shit out of Hong Kong.
Page / 14
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top