Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 7
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 10:25:15 AM EDT
[#1]
You can put animals in vehicles and let them overheat and die and it's not illegal at all.

It's perfectly acceptable in livestock transport that some of the chickens and pigs don't make it, especially if the trip is  some place hot.  It happens.  It's just another cost line  in quick books, like spoilage in other forms of agro business.  

Why is it morally OK to let a pig die of heat stroke in a commercial vehicle, but not ok to do the same thing to a dog in a private vehicle?

I don't disagree that it FEELS like a worse thing to do.  I'm just asking you to think about WHY you feel that way.
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 10:26:30 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Babies are no good boiled. You want to sear them, locks the juices in.
View Quote

You see...........now you ain't right!!

Link Posted: 7/28/2014 10:26:58 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Just asking you a question tough guy. No need to go psychotic on me.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Perhaps she is aware that for every 1 like you that takes precautions to protect the DOG, there are 5 morons out there who don't and kill or at least let their DOGs suffer. Just because your vehicle is running doesn't mean the air is on or working for someone initially seeing the DOG in a car on a hot day.

Do you feel cool typing "dag" instead of "dog"?
Do you feel 'cool' fucking with me about it?

Link Posted: 7/28/2014 10:31:41 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Funny I didn't see any concerned libtards when we were in the desert and the a/c flaked out on our 1114's.

Dogs are people yo.
View Quote

Right?

Fuck...I guess we're getting out to walk in the 130 degree heat instead of riding in the 150+ degree heat...

Personally I said fuck it as well...cracked the windows to get a little breeze. Ran the risk assessment in my head and decided the chances of having an IED blow my face off were worth the risk of dying of heat exhaustion in my vehicle. We eventually weren't allowed outside the wire w/out working AC

Link Posted: 7/28/2014 10:38:19 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Right?

Fuck...I guess we're getting out to walk in the 130 degree heat instead of riding in the 150+ degree heat...

Personally I said fuck it as well...cracked the windows to get a little breeze. Ran the risk assessment in my head and decided the chances of having an IED blow my face off were worth the risk of dying of heat exhaustion in my vehicle. We eventually weren't allowed outside the wire w/out working AC

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Funny I didn't see any concerned libtards when we were in the desert and the a/c flaked out on our 1114's.

Dogs are people yo.

Right?

Adding this to the long list of reasons I take my hat off to you Men.
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 10:43:20 AM EDT
[#6]
You mean the Woman from Falling Skies  
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 10:49:34 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

He would be the first person to complain if his dog attacked you and you killed it too.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Dog is property, should be able to do what the fuck you want with your property.

X10

You think it is ok for you to leave your dog in a car to let it boil to death!!??

He would be the first person to complain if his dog attacked you and you killed it too.

No dogs boiled to death , just progressive douches who couldn't mind their own business interfering with the OP
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 11:15:45 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Perhaps she is aware that for every 1 like you that takes precautions to protect the DOG, there are 5 morons out there who don't and kill or at least let their DOGs suffer. Just because your vehicle is running doesn't mean the air is on or working for someone initially seeing the DOG in a car on a hot day.

So you can ask a smart assed question...but can't handle somebody asking you one?

Aren't you just projecting now?

You, Sir, are a sign of the times.

Link Posted: 7/28/2014 11:58:35 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Still waiting...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes it is.... Then the Minnesota LEO opens his yap..... Maybe he should have opened his Code Book, 1st.......[/span]  

please quote the post where I am incorrect.

Still waiting...

You gave your answer I gave my opinion............

I guess we'll just have to wait & see how you would really respond if you're sent on a call about a dog in distress in a Hot Car.........
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 12:02:56 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Lol.

Its amazing how many people would happily infringe on a persons rights over some petty bullshit.

Teeners gonna teen.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Dog is property, should be able to do what the fuck you want with your property.

I have long believed in unconditional, unlimited access to firearms as the 2nd Amendment stipulated. After reading GD for awhile, it is apparent that there are a significant number of people who are simply too ignorant and immature (regardless of age) to be entrusted with a firearm. You are a good example of the latter.

Lol.

Its amazing how many people would happily infringe on a persons rights over some petty bullshit.

Teeners gonna teen.

Tie your Dog in your front yard & don't feed or water it........... See how long before the Animal PoPo comes a calling......
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 12:04:43 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Tie your Dog in your front yard & don't feed or water it........... See how long before the Animal PoPo comes a calling......
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have long believed in unconditional, unlimited access to firearms as the 2nd Amendment stipulated. After reading GD for awhile, it is apparent that there are a significant number of people who are simply too ignorant and immature (regardless of age) to be entrusted with a firearm. You are a good example of the latter.

Lol.

Teeners gonna teen.

5 - 10 minutes ?!?!?!?!!!
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 12:06:28 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

There are people who leave kids and dogs in their cars resulting in their deaths.  Perhaps you should have thanked her for her concern.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I fucking hate these types of people.

There's a dog store in mini mall I go to. Well I was parked about 30 feet away from the dog store in front of a grocery store. I get out of my car and my dag is sitting enjoying life in the passenger side seat, licking the windows all short bus retarded like. No quicker than I am out of the drivers side door and walking behind my car to the passenger side door some old hag yells at me "You're not going to leave your dog in there are you?" in a bitchy demeaning tone. I was caught off guard cause I didn't see this old wrinkly fucking cunt. So I said no and kept walking to the passenger door to bring her into the dog store.

My blood was fucking boiling by the time I realized I acted like a little bitch and should of told this old cunt to fuck off.
Yes I am really angry over this whole ordeal. People need to mind their own fucking business.

[/rage]

There are people who leave kids and dogs in their cars resulting in their deaths.  Perhaps you should have thanked her for her concern.

Yep

Link Posted: 7/28/2014 12:12:21 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 12:15:22 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
You can put animals in vehicles and let them overheat and die and it's not illegal at all.

It's perfectly acceptable in livestock transport that some of the chickens and pigs don't make it, especially if the trip is  some place hot.  It happens.  It's just another cost line  in quick books, like spoilage in other forms of agro business.  

Why is it morally OK to let a pig die of heat stroke in a commercial vehicle, but not ok to do the same thing to a dog in a private vehicle?

I don't disagree that it FEELS like a worse thing to do.  I'm just asking you to think about WHY you feel that way.
View Quote

?
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 12:16:38 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 12:18:36 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

No dogs boiled to death , just progressive douches who couldn't mind their own business interfering with the OP
View Quote

It should be understood though that by stepping off your property into public you waive the right for people to mind their own business.

If you are doing something someone doesn't like you have to deal with them giving you shit about it. As long as neither party infringes on the others rights that's the way it is going to be.

It's freedom.

That being said, dogs are property, and for the large majority of things that is a very good thing. If my hunting dog could be fined for trespassing while making a land retrieve out of a boat life would suck, but he can't because he is technically property.

There are already animal abuse laws in most states though, so I think all the bases are covered for idiots giving their dogs heat stroke.
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 12:25:22 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Leaving the engine running and a/c on - I would have no problem.  Otherwise, I would have no problem breaking the window - I don't know if it's been 4 minutes or 40. Stupid hurts.
View Quote

That's cool.......just don't be alarmed when someone comes out and has no problems breaking your skull for f'ing with their shit.....after all, they don't know if you're just a dumbass or if you are trying to steal their dog...........
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 12:32:49 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Sure you would....
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
My dog loves riding in the truck, so I take her with me on short trips. If I'll be more than 5 minutes, I leave it running with the ac on. I have yet to be confronted by anyone, and hope I never am.

Except kids and dogs are dying down here.  Enough shithead parents and owners that gives justifiable concern.

Pretty much, honestly if I saw a dog in a car with the windows up I would certainly be evaluating the situation. Unlike your lady who didn't hear the engine on or see the AC dripping. If I saw that I would probably just look in and see if the dog seemed okay, then go about my day.

If I saw a car off, windows up and a panting dog on a hot day, then I would get smashy with the windows for sure. Just because you are a retard doesn't mean your dog needs to suffer for it.

Sure you would....

Then you don't know some of the Dog Lovers I know..........

They wouldn't think twice about breaking the Window...........
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 12:38:57 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Then you don't know some of the Dog Lovers I know..........

They wouldn't think twice about breaking the Window...........
View Quote

Hang out with some hound hunters some time, or bird dog guys. Their dogs are basically their lives.
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 12:40:24 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

[span style='font-size: 12pt;']You gave your answer I gave my opinion............

I guess we'll just have to wait & see how you would really respond if you're sent on a call about a dog in distress in a Hot Car.........[/span]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes it is.... Then the Minnesota LEO opens his yap..... Maybe he should have opened his Code Book, 1st.......[/span]  

Still waiting...

[span style='font-size: 12pt;']You gave your answer I gave my opinion............

I guess we'll just have to wait & see how you would really respond if you're sent on a call about a dog in distress in a Hot Car.........[/span]

You are still dodging the question.
What in my "code book" should I have read before "opening my yap"
Or are you ready to admit that you have no idea what you are talking about?
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 12:53:35 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 1:06:47 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Still waiting...

I've pointed it out to you twice in this thread......... If you think my post was against the COC, then report it......

Your State feels it's enough of a problem, they wrote a Law about it......
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 1:13:58 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
If you break people's windows over a dog you will get the police called on you and you might be mildly retarded. People need to learn to mind their own business.

Its a good thing that people put cameras in their cars and that stores have outside security cameras to help identify and catch criminals who break windows of other people's cars.

View Quote

When you've left your Dog in a Hot Car in Public, then it's not just Your Business..........

Link Posted: 7/28/2014 1:14:51 PM EDT
[#24]
Report you for what? Being full of shit  isn't a coc violation
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 1:18:57 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 1:51:22 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Right. It says call 911, it does not say break into someone else's vehicle and cause damage to it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
If you break people's windows over a dog you will get the police called on you and you might be mildly retarded. People need to learn to mind their own business.

Its a good thing that people put cameras in their cars and that stores have outside security cameras to help identify and catch criminals who break windows of other people's cars.

When you've left your Dog in a Hot Car in Public, then it's not just Your Business..........

http://www.scooperdude.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/Heat-kills-sign.jpg

Right. It says call 911, it does not say break into someone else's vehicle and cause damage to it.

Right, cause the People know that call is gonna get top priority........

More likely it's Call 911 & watch the Dog Die...........
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 1:55:42 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Windows wide open and in the shade is different than cracked. That being said the dog could still overheat. I hope you gave him water too.

And what did your truck need protection from?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
As long as you had the A/C on I have no issue with this.

I have an issue when I go to get breakfast and it is in the 80s and I see a dog in the car with the windows cracked. I fucking went inside and announced loudly if they didn't get their ass out there the cops WOULD be coming.

I don't understand why people insist on taking their dog places and leave them in the car for extended periods of time. 10 minutes max. And you better have the fucking air on during hot days.

I used to take my dog to work with me to protect my truck.

Even on hot days I would leave every window wide open and tell him to stay his ass in there. He would sit right there and keep an eye on everything for me all day.

I did make it a point to park in the shade for him though, but when we went to lunch or something he would be right in the open.

I did have a crazy lady tell me one day that he was too cold in the truck and going to freeze to death. It was zero out and we were pumping concrete, I was in and out of the house all day doing my best to catch pneumonia, and I was turning on the heat for him every hour. Some crazy lady waited for me and starting yelling. I asked her if she could see the snow melting when it hit the windshield or the fact he was sound asleep on the seat. Then told her that he was having a far warmer day than I was and to get fucked.

Windows wide open and in the shade is different than cracked. That being said the dog could still overheat. I hope you gave him water too.

And what did your truck need protection from?

Who the fuck are you to tell him what to do with his property?

Let me guess?  Volunteer hall monitor as well?
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 1:56:11 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
So you can ask a smart assed question...but can't handle somebody asking you one?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You crack me up.
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 1:57:28 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Do you drive around the city and call on people who don't mow their grass, or keep their shrubs watered?

I mean, if you only saved one shrub, it would be worth it, right?
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 1:59:48 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 2:19:18 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Do you drive around the city and call on people who don't mow their grass, or keep their shrubs watered?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

From your Great State of Texas.......... But you don't see the difference between a Shrub & a Dog.......

"For example, in a case where a dog was left in its owners’ car during a Texas summer, the court found that the owners had confined their pet in a cruel manner."

Cruelity to Animals in Texas...
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 2:25:32 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Not that I care but, it's against the law to leave a car running in Texas if it's unattended.
View Quote

the car is attended by the dog
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 3:48:57 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

From your Great State of Texas.......... But you don't see the difference between a Shrub & a Dog.......

"For example, in a case where a dog was left in its owners’ car during a Texas summer, the court found that the owners had confined their pet in a cruel manner."

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You are a big city thinker, I see.
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 4:06:40 PM EDT
[#34]
This exact situation happened today across the street from my store.  Lady came in fuming mad about some beat up truck with the engine running and the windows cracked sitting in the shade with 2 dogs laying in the front seat in mid 80s weather.  She wanted to know what she should do.  I asked her why she thought the truck was running.  She was clueless.  I said maybe because the AC was running.  She still called the cops.
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 4:09:11 PM EDT
[#35]
It's hot out. Bring your pets inside.  City people need to just shut up about animal care. You look like this:

Link Posted: 7/28/2014 4:19:51 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

If by that you mean I don't think People should treat their Animals in a Cruel, Inhuman, Sadistic manner,or knowingly and willfully authorizes or permits it to be subjected to unnecessary torture, suffering, or cruelty of any kind,   then so be it.........

Link Posted: 7/28/2014 5:07:44 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

If by that you mean I don't think People should treat their Animals in a Cruel, Inhuman, Sadistic manner,or knowingly and willfully authorizes or permits it to be subjected to unnecessary torture, suffering, or cruelty of any kind,   then so be it.........

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nobody thinks that, nor was that in question, try to follow along and keep up.  We can use smaller words if that helps.     It's simply your nanny state bullshit - your advocation of destroying their property to protect their property, that I find asinine.
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 6:38:21 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Nobody thinks that, nor was that in question, try to follow along and keep up.  We can use smaller words if that helps.     It's simply your nanny state bullshit - your advocation of destroying their property to protect their property, that I find asinine.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

BS...... I posted a link to the Cruelty to Animals Laws in Texas........ Your Reply was that was Big City Thinking

I can only take that as you're in Favor of People being Allowed to treat their 'Animal Property' in a Cruel & Inhuman Manner...........

Link Posted: 7/28/2014 7:55:45 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

BS...... I posted a link to the Cruelty to Animals Laws in Texas........ Your Reply was that was Big City Thinking

I can only take that as you're in Favor of People being Allowed to treat their 'Animal Property' in a Cruel & Inhuman Manner...........

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

this may surprise you...
but one can be against animal cruelty and ALSO against criminal damage to property at the same time!
and since you have displayed a shocking lack of reading fundamentals, you should probably avoid making decisions related to
either of those things
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 7:56:52 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote

So, are you good with bestiality?  
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 8:49:51 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

this may surprise you...
but one can be against animal cruelty and ALSO against criminal damage to property at the same time!
and since you have displayed a shocking lack of reading fundamentals, you should probably avoid making decisions related to
either of those things
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

this may surprise you...
either of those things

I can see you there using the Dave_A strategy to try & get me to make a COC Violation........
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 4:09:42 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 4:32:48 AM EDT
[#43]
Son, if you think that is baiting and makes you want to break coc, you have some serious self control issues
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 4:34:49 AM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 4:37:47 AM EDT
[#45]

... lulz, that's funny

Link Posted: 7/29/2014 4:48:52 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

this.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Leaving the engine running and a/c on - I would have no problem.  Otherwise, I would have no problem breaking the window - I don't know if it's been 4 minutes or 40. Stupid hurts.

this.

Make sure there isn't a security camera watching your act of vandalization.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 5:06:33 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lol.

Teeners gonna teen.

Huh?  Did you quote the wrong post or do you just post random nonsensical crap?

Anyway, bringing cops into the equation will surely lengthen the dogs life...
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 11:27:05 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Son, if you think that is baiting and makes you want to break coc, you have some serious self control issues
View Quote

And there you have it...... A Condescending post meant to elicit a improper response......
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 12:06:03 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

And there you have it...... A Condescending post meant to elicit a improper response......
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's the type of post that you respond:  

I you feel an improper response is justified, then he was correct.

Link Posted: 7/29/2014 3:56:45 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Really?

Are there that many dags dying in cars every day in America?

I call bullshit.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Really?

Are there that many dags dying in cars every day in America?

I call bullshit.

It's enough of a problem that 14 States have written Laws about it........

http://www.animallaw.info/articles/State%20Tables/tbusdogshotcars.htm
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top