Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 13
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 5:47:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Edited to say this guy is fucked. Didn't see the interview until after I posted.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 6:48:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Good shoot, bad mouth

Link Posted: 7/24/2014 7:24:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Link

She says, 'Don't shoot me, I'm pregnant -- I'm going to have a baby,'" the man, who was identified as Tom Greer, told the TV station.

He said he fired two rounds and that a man who was with her fled the scene. "I shot her twice. She best be dead," Greer said.

While I'm sure the law won't support this, I say good shot. Fuck thieves.

View Quote

I'm going out on a limb here by suggesting that the 'journalist' selectively edited/chose the quoted statements above.

But I'd be a fool to expect otherwise.

I'm sorry for her child.  No idea what happened to the baby from the story, but I feel sorry for the child for having a sorry ass mother.

Link Posted: 7/24/2014 9:08:03 PM EDT
[#4]
gonna go down like grampa-anchor-shot in MO (I think?) a few months back:

Link Posted: 7/24/2014 9:21:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I'm not sure how I feel about this one.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Unarmed and pregnant?

Probably legally justified, but pretty fucked up regardless.

I am.  

You can't commit a violent crime and then expect people to listen when you start shouting that you're pregnant.

Case in point; if he'd shot her and she lived but the kid didn't, then the woman most likely would have been charged with murder unless it was a completely blatant bad shoot.   It's not really any different than robbing a bank and having your accomplices killed during it - you're going to get charged for that.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 9:22:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Things to avoid while pregnant:

-Smoking

-Drinking more than the occasional glass of wine

-Drugs without specific advice from a physician

-Armed robbery

-Excessively strenuous exercise

-Fasting  thought this said "Fisting" without my glasses on and said that seems reasonable

There's a few more but that covers most of it.

Nah, fisting is GTG.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 9:23:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Yep!  Looks like females have equal rights too.  Of course the fetus was collateral damage which the mother was willing to use as a shield.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 9:24:48 PM EDT
[#8]
I hate to say this, but it looks to me like a LEGALLY bad shoot and possible double murder.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 9:27:42 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Good shoot.

But it's CA...so he's probably fucked.
View Quote

CA has castle doctrine and no duty to retreat.  VA doesn't have CD and you are suppose to retreat before using deadly force

Link Posted: 7/24/2014 9:48:47 PM EDT
[#10]
Once Jackson-Sharpton-whomever gets a hold of this, he'll be charged, assuming the perps were black.

I hope they don't charge him, though.  Fuck thieves.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 9:50:40 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Once Jackson-Sharpton-whomever gets a hold of this, he'll be charged, assuming the perps were black.

I hope they don't charge him, though.  Fuck thieves.
View Quote

No mention of perp's race, so that means black or spanish.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 9:56:38 PM EDT
[#12]
Gotta love happy endings.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 10:12:48 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
EDIT TO ADD:  I might feel differently if you told me he was 30 years old, in good physical shape, and that the male intruded wasn't present.  But as-is, with two assailants vs. an 80-year-old, I'm glad the dude had a means to defend himself.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Good shoot.

EDIT TO ADD:  I might feel differently if you told me he was 30 years old, in good physical shape, and that the male intruded wasn't present.  But as-is, with two assailants vs. an 80-year-old, I'm glad the dude had a means to defend himself.

I agree

Link Posted: 7/24/2014 10:28:15 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

You're Goddamned right it's fucked up. What kind of mother would risk her child's life like that?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Unarmed and pregnant?

You're Goddamned right it's fucked up. What kind of mother would risk her child's life like that?

Drugs involved.
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 5:16:37 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I hate to say this, but it looks to me like a LEGALLY bad shoot and possible double murder.
View Quote

You need to move to Texas. This is a good shoot every day of the week here, and you'd probably get a medal from Rick Perry too.

This was the THIRD time that these people had broken into this old mans home. All that them fleeing the scene means is that they will be back again. You shoot in the back to protect your safety in the future just as much as you do to protect yourself in the moment. Sound harsh? Not to Texas, because people do it all the time here.

Good shoot. Guy needs to get a Crimestoppers award for preventing the future criminal spawn from thriving too.
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 6:00:03 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

You need to move to Texas. This is a good shoot every day of the week here, and you'd probably get a medal from Rick Perry too.

This was the THIRD time that these people had broken into this old mans home. All that them fleeing the scene means is that they will be back again. You shoot in the back to protect your safety in the future just as much as you do to protect yourself in the moment. Sound harsh? Not to Texas, because people do it all the time here.

Good shoot. Guy needs to get a Crimestoppers award for preventing the future criminal spawn from thriving too.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Cite for the statement that this was the 3rd time the dead woman broke into the 80 y/o's house?  Not a cite for the 3rd time his house had been broken into.

Link Posted: 7/25/2014 6:09:08 AM EDT
[#17]
Although the actual news article was written well enough, the headline was not.  Two people were attempting to rob him ...again...in his home.  Elderly robbery victim kills one robber. one flees.
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 6:14:34 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

<a href="http://s326.photobucket.com/user/phb1gt/media/ByronSmith_zps3a2b73c0.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i326.photobucket.com/albums/k407/phb1gt/ByronSmith_zps3a2b73c0.jpg</a>
View Quote

Nope, that's Uncle Nutsy from Little Falls, MN.

He will never see "the outside" again.
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 9:56:21 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
CA has castle doctrine and no duty to retreat.  VA doesn't have CD and you are suppose to retreat before using deadly force

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Good shoot.

Yeah but you can't shoot someone who is running away and in the back.

As I understood it she was fleeing and he shot her as she was retreating, if so he's rightfully fucked.

We don't kill people in cold blood once the threat is no longer a threat.

If this guy killed her while she was running away he murdered her.

His interview in video left a feeling of fuck him.

Link Posted: 7/25/2014 9:58:00 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Good shoot.
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/25/2014 9:58:36 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Even in Texas you cannot kill someone who is off your property and running away, Texans would hang that MFer if he shot her in the back and being pregnant?

And even if it was GTG in Texas you have to watch the Fed, they can pick up the charge if they want.

Link Posted: 7/25/2014 12:55:23 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

<a href="http://s326.photobucket.com/user/phb1gt/media/ByronSmith_zps3a2b73c0.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i326.photobucket.com/albums/k407/phb1gt/ByronSmith_zps3a2b73c0.jpg</a>

I listened to some of the recording of that. He was hunting over bait.
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 1:33:10 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 1:37:01 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote

Details?
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 1:49:49 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Good shoot.

View Quote
She got a free abortion. CA loves that shit.

Link Posted: 7/25/2014 1:52:29 PM EDT
[#26]

Male accomplice charged with murder. Pics of suspects also if you care.

Good
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 2:01:43 PM EDT
[#27]
Ma baby didn't do nuffin.....

I am going to hell for that.
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 2:02:18 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Good
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Good

I love that law
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 2:04:23 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Even in Texas you cannot kill someone who is off your property and running away, Texans would hang that MFer if he shot her in the back and being pregnant?

And even if it was GTG in Texas you have to watch the Fed, they can pick up the charge if they want.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes, you can, under a variety of circumstances.
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 2:07:26 PM EDT
[#30]
"Officials said the Los Angeles County District Attorney’s Office would have to determine if Greer was in imminent danger of great bodily harm or death."

Mr. Greer's broken collar bone answers that question.
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 2:15:02 PM EDT
[#31]
I wonder if the fact that this same party was repeatedly victimizing the same old man could be considered an ongoing threat given the reasonable likelihood of yet another break-in and assault at a future date.
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 2:24:11 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

As I understood it she was fleeing and he shot her as she was retreating, if so he's rightfully fucked.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Good shoot.

Here is a tip in life ----- If you like living, don't rob people.

If I was in charge I'd give the man a pass for taking out the garbage.  He had multiple break pins in the past and wasn't putting up with more.  Fuck thieves, they are nothing but pond scum.  She put herself in that position, and by doing what she did endangered her unborn child, so for that fuck her again.  In this world actions have consequences and her's happened to fatal.  No fucks given.

Link Posted: 7/25/2014 2:28:56 PM EDT
[#33]
View Quote

He wasn't in imminent danger of further injury at the moment he did the shooting. If someone injures you, that doesn't give you license to chase him down and kill him at some later time.

Link Posted: 7/25/2014 2:29:22 PM EDT
[#34]
Why people here argue for scum thieves is beyond me
Fuck her....don't give a shit if she was or wasn't preggo
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 2:33:18 PM EDT
[#35]

Don't invade, rob and assault people in their homes.

Her pregnancy was her responsibility, not the victims.

Link Posted: 7/25/2014 2:35:36 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote

I hope not. The guy did everyone a favor.
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 2:39:42 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
"Officials said the Los Angeles County District Attorney’s Office would have to determine if Greer was in imminent danger of great bodily harm or death."

View Quote

That seals it.  Definitely would no bill.  

Good that they charged her accomplice.  I think this will make it easier not to charge the shooter as someone will pay for the death.
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 2:50:14 PM EDT
[#38]
I don't know how people can claim this is a good shoot. He shot a fleeing person in the back, then stood over her and shot her as she begged for her life. Watch the video. I feel no sympathy for her, however, castle doctrine does not give you the ability to stand over an unarmed person that you have already shot in the back and put two rounds into them execution style. If this was a police shooting everyone would be screaming bad shoot.
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 2:51:42 PM EDT
[#39]
Coroner is now saying the bitch wasn't preggers.
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 3:02:56 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
I am.  

You can't commit a violent crime and then expect people to listen when you start shouting that you're pregnant.

Case in point; if he'd shot her and she lived but the kid didn't, then the woman most likely would have been charged with murder unless it was a completely blatant bad shoot.   It's not really any different than robbing a bank and having your accomplices killed during it - you're going to get charged for that.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Unarmed and pregnant?

I am.  

Yeah it sounds like a good and justifiable shoot, I just wouldn't want the whole pregnancy thing on my conscience.
Quoted:

See that's what I was wondering about. If she wasn't showing much, how would Greer know she was pregnant prior to her claiming it. Bitch was probably yelling that out so as to keep from getting her ass shot off. Lotta good it did her. Fucking lowlifes.

Link Posted: 7/25/2014 3:03:27 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote

And you're surprised?
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 3:05:13 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Yeah it sounds like a good and justifiable shoot, I just wouldn't want the whole pregnancy thing on my conscience.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Unarmed and pregnant?

I am.  

Nits make lice.
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 3:06:04 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote

She lied?
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 3:06:55 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
I don't know how people can claim this is a good shoot. He shot a fleeing person in the back, then stood over her and shot her as she begged for her life. Watch the video. I feel no sympathy for her, however, castle doctrine does not give you the ability to stand over an unarmed person that you have already shot in the back and put two rounds into them execution style. If this was a police shooting everyone would be screaming bad shoot.
View Quote

I don't know how people can defend thug scumbags that break into houses and beat an 80 year old man hard enough to break his collar bone and rob him of his property.  Those scumbags declared war on that man and invaded his home. The old man won the war and set the terms of surrender.
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 3:09:29 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View Quote

They decided to fuck with an innocent person, said person issued a response. If every burglary ended like this we would have a shit load less of them. Fuck that stupid cunt.

Good fucking shoot.
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 3:13:10 PM EDT
[#46]
I feel bad for the unborn. A fucked situation.

That sad: No bill.
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 3:16:05 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
I feel bad for the unborn. A fucked situation.

That sad: No bill.
View Quote

Allegedly, the coroner said she was not pregnant...
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 3:21:56 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

I don't know how people can defend thug scumbags that break into houses and beat an 80 year old man hard enough to break his collar bone and rob him of his property.  Those scumbags declared war on that man and invaded his home. The old man won the war and set the terms of surrender.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This isn't war. That's a stupid analogy. What happened is the man shot a fleeing suspect in the back, then shot and killed the suspect who was no longer threatening his life. Would you be ok with this shoot if it was a police shooting? Just because the rober was a scumbag junkie does not mean you can shoot them.
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 3:22:50 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

They decided to fuck with an innocent person, said person issued a response. If every burglary ended like this we would have a shit load less of them. Fuck that stupid cunt.

Good fucking shoot.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good fucking shoot.

Do police get to shoot fleeing suspects in the back then shoot them to death while they are laying on the ground?
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 3:24:03 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yep. Bad shoot.

I believe in the right to protect your life and your property, but I could not shoot a pregnant woman in the back that was doing her best to exit the premise (by the shooter's own account) and who told the shooter she was pregnant and begged him not to shoot her (again, by the shooter's own account).  

There is something wrong with that man.  He belongs in prison.

Page / 13
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top