Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 13
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 10:46:04 AM EDT
[#1]
personally I say no fucks given and the mother of the year killed her own kid by her actions. By the letter of the law it sounds like a bad shoot.  If she has already fled, and he pursued they're going to fuck him royally.  His statements didn't help.  If there's a race issue, and it's sounding like there will be, the old dude's fucked.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 10:46:27 AM EDT
[#2]
Not a "good shoot." From the looks of things, she didn't present a physical threat to him. In fact, she was begging for mercy. And her companion was already fleeing. You don't have the right to shoot a fleeing burglar. Protection of property, in and of itself, is not a justification for the use of deadly force. You should have learned this in your CCW classes. I say throw the book at this trigger-happy 80-year-old asshole.

Link Posted: 7/24/2014 10:48:22 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Link

She says, 'Don't shoot me, I'm pregnant -- I'm going to have a baby,'" the man, who was identified as Tom Greer, told the TV station.

He said he fired two rounds and that a man who was with her fled the scene. "I shot her twice. She best be dead," Greer said.

While I'm sure the law won't support this, I say good shot. Fuck thieves.

View Quote

LoL.   He better hope he has  Arfcommers on the jury
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 10:49:48 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Not a "good shoot." From the looks of things, she didn't present a physical threat to him. In fact, she was begging for mercy. And her companion was already fleeing. You don't have the right to shoot a fleeing burglar. Protection of property, in and of itself, is not a justification for the use of deadly force. You should have learned this in your CCW classes. I say throw the book at this trigger-happy 80-year-old asshole.

View Quote

I'm sure he went through a CCW class....
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 10:50:57 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Good.

Managing to get yourself impregnated isn't a free pass for getting out of home invasion consequences.

So does Mr Greer put one notch or two on the side of his pistol?
View Quote

1 and a little one... (yep Im a sick bastard)
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 10:52:46 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Old guy did society a big favor.
View Quote

He'll be dead soon anyway.  At least he left a meaningful legacy.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 10:53:31 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Her accomplice should be charged with murder. She died during the commission of a felony.
View Quote

Is that law in CA?

Link Posted: 7/24/2014 10:54:45 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Takin' out the trash -- 2 generations at a time.

Link Posted: 7/24/2014 10:56:14 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

What he needs to do is keep his fucking mouth shut
View Quote

Absolutely.  That ship has sailed, though.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 10:56:29 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Is that law in CA?

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Her accomplice should be charged with murder. She died during the commission of a felony.

Is that law in CA?

Should be interesting too see what becomes of it.  The case will be made the act was already over I imagine since he chased her to the alley and shot her while she was on the ground.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 10:56:42 AM EDT
[#11]
man, that kid started out young stealing shit....... glad that ended before he/she killed someone!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 10:58:18 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Things to avoid while pregnant:

-Smoking

-Drinking more than the occasional glass of wine

-Drugs without specific advice from a physician

-Armed robbery

-Excessively strenuous exercise

-Fasting

There's a few more but that covers most of it.
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/24/2014 10:58:21 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote

I hate criminals more than I hate what he did (which I don't).  I'd vote not guilty if I were in the jury.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 11:00:25 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

How do we know he made those statements?  It is just as likely the paper made them up as he said them.  You sell more advertising by sensationalizing ( that's lying to you and me).

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
This is why you do not make statements without your lawyer.

Exactly. Then you don't say stuff like this:

“The lady didn’t run as fast as the man so I shot her in the back twice, she’s dead … but he got away,” Greer said. “She said, ‘Don’t shoot me! I’m pregnant! I’m going to have a baby!’ and I shot her anyway.”

How do we know he made those statements?  It is just as likely the paper made them up as he said them.  You sell more advertising by sensationalizing ( that's lying to you and me).

I was just going off the highlighted part. Agreed that it could be sensationalized but if you don't talk they don't quote.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 11:02:45 AM EDT
[#15]
Although I have zero sympathy for thieves, the most basic rule for civilians considering the application of deadly force is that you have to be able to articulate that you were in fear for your life, or grievous bodily harm.  It will be really hard for this old fellow to convince a jury that he feared for his life while she was surrendering and begging for mercy.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 11:03:12 AM EDT
[#16]

What a dumbass
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 11:04:28 AM EDT
[#17]
Think about the psychological ramifications of this:  other potential thieves now know that breaking into someone's house will get you killed, even if you are a pregnant woman.  

When good people dont even fear jail time for killing scum anymore, scumbags think twice.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 11:07:20 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

I think you are confusing "right" with "legal coverage" IMO.  IMO a person has every RIGHT to shoot a thief they catch stealing from them.  A thief is someone willfully attempting to deprive you of something that is YOURS.  Thieves are scum.  As to the 2nd part, deadly force is justified legally in certain places to protect your property.  Probably not in CA, but it is in TX.  

The older I get, the lower my tolerance becomes for the "He/She didn't have to shoot my baby" crowd.  Let's just say the older I get, the lower my tolerance becomes for people who think it's "not a big deal" to steal my shit.  By the time I hit 80, it's probably a safe bet to stay the fuck off my lawn too. YMMV
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 11:09:27 AM EDT
[#19]
He probably screwed himself by opening his mouth.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 11:11:33 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
If she really cared about the babies future she would be robbing people.
View Quote

She was stealing for two.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 11:12:22 AM EDT
[#21]
I do not know enough to get my tits in a wringer just yet.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 11:13:34 AM EDT
[#22]
sad but dont blame him.  

he should shut up.

nice the way the male fled and left his baby mamma behind.  course, good chance it wasnt his baby.  

uuuhhgggghh, :(
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 11:14:13 AM EDT
[#23]
"I'm just too shaken up to give a statement at this time.  I think its best for me to speak to my attorney first anyway."

Nothing else should have been said.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 11:14:41 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Takin' out the trash --  2 generations at a time.

Link Posted: 7/24/2014 11:14:49 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
If she really cared about the babies future she would be robbing people.

Link Posted: 7/24/2014 11:16:32 AM EDT
[#26]
WAIT... I thought 22lr wouldn't work for self defense???

Now when the 22lr for  self defense debate comes up,  I can say, " I know a man who killed two people with one shot from a .22!"

Edit, now I see he shot her twice. I guess one for each person...
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 11:21:25 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
With junkie robbers as parents, was the kid going to become a model citizen?
View Quote

this!

he killed off an un told number of generations of shit bags with those 2 .22 rounds. thats fucking awesome!
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 11:25:46 AM EDT
[#28]
Meh fuck her. I wouldn't be caught doing it but I'd like to make that fat reporters tittes bounce
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 11:27:54 AM EDT
[#29]
Sounds like a two-for-one special.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 11:29:07 AM EDT
[#30]
Sounds like a good shoot.  His mouth might make him civilly liable though...
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 11:31:53 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

I was just going off the highlighted part. Agreed that it could be sensationalized but if you don't talk they don't quote.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
This is why you do not make statements without your lawyer.

Exactly. Then you don't say stuff like this:

“The lady didn’t run as fast as the man so I shot her in the back twice, she’s dead … but he got away,” Greer said. “She said, ‘Don’t shoot me! I’m pregnant! I’m going to have a baby!’ and I shot her anyway.”

All I am saying is the media lies and invents stories that help them sell advertising.  They can put words in your mouth and then claim protection under the 1st amendment.  Old white guys like him are the bad guys to the media.  They lie about them, make fun of them, mis-characterize, anything they can do to that make sheeple hate them.

Do you believe that the media would print a statement that the old guy didn't say to fit what story they want to tell?
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 11:32:14 AM EDT
[#32]
Pregnant chicks still have hands, feet, and freewill....They steal and die like everyone else. I say good shot, hope babies daddy was there and gets charged with 2 murders
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 11:34:19 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 11:34:52 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

They broke into his house, tackled him, and tried to take his shit. What's fucked up?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Unarmed and pregnant?

Probably legally justified, but pretty fucked up regardless.

They broke into his house, tackled him, and tried to take his shit. What's fucked up?
this

Link Posted: 7/24/2014 11:35:21 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Takin' out the trash --  2 generations at a time.
View Quote

QFT
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 11:36:14 AM EDT
[#36]
I'm not thinking this kid was growing up and curing cancer or anything.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 11:37:37 AM EDT
[#37]
Good shoot, but the laws here in Cali dont bode well for the homeowner. Criminals tend to sue here.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 11:39:35 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Things to avoid while pregnant:

-Smoking

-Drinking more than the occasional glass of wine

-Drugs without specific advice from a physician

-Armed robbery

-Excessively strenuous exercise

-Fasting  thought this said "Fisting" without my glasses on and said that seems reasonable

There's a few more but that covers most of it.
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/24/2014 11:42:05 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Is that law in CA?

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Is that law in CA?

Yes
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 11:44:52 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 7/24/2014 11:46:49 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Abortion is legal
View Quote

Killing a baby is only legal if the mother wants it dead. If someone else does it, it's murder (excluding self defense) and the menace to society goes to jail for a long time.

Link Posted: 7/24/2014 11:51:38 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Should be interesting too see what becomes of it.  The case will be made the act was already over I imagine since he chased her to the alley and shot her while she was on the ground.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Is that law in CA?

80 year old chasing someone just doesn't seem likely

Link Posted: 7/24/2014 11:52:26 AM EDT
[#43]
Bitch endangered her own unborn child. Fucking tragic but she is to blame. Unfortunate it was in CA for the victim (home owner). I hope he makes it through this.

Good shoot.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 11:53:50 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Yep quite honestly I dont care if he sawed the cunts head off, bronzed it and put it on his mantel.  I'm still voting not guilty.  Is it against the law, sure, but the new rules are that the law is merely a suggestion.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
This is NOT a good shoot. Here is an article with a very different rendition of the facts. Sounds like the guy chased them down before he shot them.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/calif-man-80-guns-pregnant-home-invader-shot-best-dead-article-1.1878188

You know how many fucks are given.

Zero. That is how many fucks are given.

Yep quite honestly I dont care if he sawed the cunts head off, bronzed it and put it on his mantel.  I'm still voting not guilty.  Is it against the law, sure, but the new rules are that the law is merely a suggestion.

me too. Give this man a medal and the key to the city. No sarcasm either. This was a fantastic shoot. Don't fuck with other people's property. May all who do meet a similar fate.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 11:57:38 AM EDT
[#45]
That guy did himself with that statement.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 12:01:12 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Yep.  Just saying they tackled him and during the struggle he shot her and the guy ran off would have been enough.  Giving the play by play is going to fuck him.

UPDATE
11:19 p.m.: This story has been updated to identify the man, who says he shot a pregnant woman who tried to rob him.

And screw the paper for ID'ing him.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 12:08:01 PM EDT
[#47]
Play stupid games....
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 12:15:29 PM EDT
[#48]
The stupidity in all this is that with the amount of free money, food, transportation, and other welfare bennies that California bequeths pregnant women, there was no reason for her robbing people.

Good shoot, the circle of welfare life has been broken that I don't have to pay for.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 12:20:11 PM EDT
[#49]
This is make liberals heads explode.

They hate gun owners defending themselves and would want to use this as a case to prove gun owners are trigger happy cowboys...but at the same time, they love abortion.

Go ahead morons, pull the "He killed a baby" card.  I dare you.

Pro-lifers double dare you.

Link Posted: 7/24/2014 12:22:13 PM EDT
[#50]
Crime Stoppers.
Page / 13
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top