User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 4:30:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Looks good! My 226 is similar - only I picked a tan color for the frame and that black for the slide.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm kind of a fan of the Graphite Black and Titanium

Sig P220:

<a href="http://s1221.photobucket.com/user/johnecanfi/media/SigSauerP220.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1221.photobucket.com/albums/dd478/johnecanfi/SigSauerP220.jpg</a>

Looks good! My 226 is similar - only I picked a tan color for the frame and that black for the slide.

My 226 is almost identical to the 220.  I did my 228 in Graphite Black slide and FDE frame.

The 228:

Link Posted: 7/22/2014 5:17:21 PM EDT
[#2]
This thread is relevent to my interests. Bought a spray gun a few months back for this exact purpose.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 5:22:35 PM EDT
[#3]
I don't know about other than black & tan, but this seems like a good excuse to post a pic of my lightly modded, Cerakoted Springfield.

Link Posted: 7/22/2014 5:25:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

ATEi did the serrations, RMR milling and Keystone.
View All Quotes

Nice, Doug did my M&P serrations too. I didn't RMR mine though.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 5:31:11 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm a certified applicator and there's tons of colors that if done correctly can look awesome

Much of it is personal preference though. One guy might like bright purple and green while others will like FDE, etc.

The hardest camo to paint is Multicam, period. A very talented Cerakoter can do AMAZING multicam but usually it's going to be quite expensive as it is very, very time consuming and uses lots of colors. You can also indicate to the coater if you want certain things added, changed, or left out. For example, today I did an M&P in multicam but the guy didn't want the white blobs and wanted all of the blobs to be in a diagonal direction. I've done some that used more green or more browns than average. The sky, your imagination, and the coater's experience is the limit.

One of my absolute favorite colors that was just released from Cerakote is Austrian Flat Dark Earth. It's a coppery chocolate type of brown that looks AWESOME when it comes out of the oven. It's not as dark as Patriot brown but definitely darker than normal FDE. If you are looking for a deeper brown as a primary or accent color, I'd give it a try.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 5:39:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Some people think this looks like ass, I will always love it 'cuz it is my first AR. ODG and FDE. Has been wearing just fine, but it is not perfect. No finish is.

I like my buddie's Camo better than the foliage and FDE of mine. Again, a majority of people think the foliage looks like ass.

I need to take some outside photos of these now, after a couple of years. Overall, the finish has held up pretty well, and I will attest to the corrosion resistance that is claimed. I don't think they look like ass, I think they are beautiful!
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 5:40:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Duracoat is easier for DIY but goes on thick and can affect tolerances. Cerakote is best coat.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I've seen various vids about coatings.  Do you believe Cerakote can be done by anyone?  I've read that prep can be a pain.

Is there another coating as durable that requires less prep and setup?

Duracoat is easier for DIY but goes on thick and can affect tolerances. Cerakote is best coat.

Duracoat isn't remotely in the same league. I've seen rattlecan paint jobs that wore as well as Duracoat. I have had decent luck with Gunkote but the colors are very limited.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 6:44:08 PM EDT
[#8]
Bottom is Cerakoted P226 in Desert Tan:

Link Posted: 7/23/2014 4:21:54 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I'm a certified applicator and there's tons of colors that if done correctly can look awesome

Much of it is personal preference though. One guy might like bright purple and green while others will like FDE, etc.

The hardest camo to paint is Multicam, period. A very talented Cerakoter can do AMAZING multicam but usually it's going to be quite expensive as it is very, very time consuming and uses lots of colors. You can also indicate to the coater if you want certain things added, changed, or left out. For example, today I did an M&P in multicam but the guy didn't want the white blobs and wanted all of the blobs to be in a diagonal direction. I've done some that used more green or more browns than average. The sky, your imagination, and the coater's experience is the limit.

One of my absolute favorite colors that was just released from Cerakote is Austrian Flat Dark Earth. It's a coppery chocolate type of brown that looks AWESOME when it comes out of the oven. It's not as dark as Patriot brown but definitely darker than normal FDE. If you are looking for a deeper brown as a primary or accent color, I'd give it a try.
View Quote

Pictures of the Austrian FDE.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 6:33:21 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This looks pretty good! Austrian FDE:

http://www.cerakoteguncoatings.com/finishes/H-261Q/austrian-flat-dark-earth/
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 10:03:14 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

have you ever done a tiger stripe pattern?
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 10:23:56 PM EDT
[#12]
I personally love Tungsten on my Seekins SBR.  Also think Patriot Brown is good and I really like that Austrian Dark Earth.

Link Posted: 7/24/2014 10:30:17 PM EDT
[#13]
I love the Magpul FDE on my M&P.  I think I may have to try it on a couple of other guns now.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top