Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/22/2014 9:43:53 AM EDT

Creationist Ken Ham, who recently debated Bill Nye the Science Guy over the origins of the universe,
is calling for an end to the search for extraterrestrial life because
aliens probably don't exist -- and if they do, they're going to Hell
anyway.

"You see, the Bible makes it clear that Adam’s sin affected the whole
universe," Ham wrote on his blog on Sunday. "This means that any aliens
would also be affected by Adam’s sin, but because they are not Adam’s descendants, they can’t have salvation."

If aliens do exist, however, Ham said even Jesus can't save them:

Jesus did not become the "GodKlingon” or the "GodMartian”! Only descendants of Adam can be saved. God’s Son remains the "Godman” as our Savior. In fact, the Bible makes it clear that we see the Father through the Son (and we see the Son through His Word). To suggest that aliens could respond to the gospel is just totally wrong.

Sorry, Worf.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/07/22/ken-ham-aliens-go-to-hell_n_5608368.html

http://blogs.answersingenesis.org/blogs/ken-ham/2014/07/20/well-find-a-new-earth-within-20-years/

View Quote

I have to admit, I sometimes love living in a world with people like Ken Ham in it. - TS
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 9:46:47 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 9:49:11 AM EDT
[#2]
Oy vey.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 9:49:13 AM EDT
[#3]
That's...racist?
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 9:50:49 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 9:52:06 AM EDT
[#5]
Wonder what it feels like to be so fucking stupid. Probably not that stupid and is just a huckster sucking money away from the really stupid people.

Link Posted: 7/22/2014 9:52:22 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

I have to admit, I sometimes love living in a world with people like Ken Ham in it. - TS
View Quote

The world wouldn't be the same without people like Ham and eggheads.

Link Posted: 7/22/2014 9:52:38 AM EDT
[#7]
Jesus Christ!
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 9:53:40 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 9:54:02 AM EDT
[#9]
It takes a certain size of balls to speak with absolute authority on a subject you couldn't begin to comprehend or explain.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 9:54:04 AM EDT
[#10]

It's obviously never occurred to him that the socalled aliens are the creators.

What a dunbass.

Link Posted: 7/22/2014 9:54:24 AM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Ham has a narrow, boring little mind, eh?

He'd go apeshit () if someone told him that there could be an alien race that didn't eat the apple, or did, but their route to salvation was laid along a different path.
View Quote

Perhaps even an alien race which has figured out that the whole thing is bullshit.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 9:55:24 AM EDT
[#12]
The stupidity of some people never ceases to amaze me.

I'll bet he is a registered Republican, too.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 9:55:43 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 9:59:07 AM EDT
[#14]
As a Christian, and even a Protestant (sort of), I would LOVE to meet Ken Ham.

So I could kick that anti science douche canoe right in his intelligently-designed balls.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 10:04:50 AM EDT
[#15]
That dude is always good for comic relief. He's quite the character.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 10:08:09 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

I just want to look at the guy and say "It's awfully busy inside that head of yours, ain't it."
View Quote

Here, I made you a present.

Link Posted: 7/22/2014 10:14:10 AM EDT
[#17]
Thats just because all extraterrestrials are liars and are really subterraneans kind of like those who call themselves humanitarians because they are

flooding America with the dregs of Mexico & Central America....

I guess a bank guard who turns his back on bank robbers is a humanitarian from the robbers point of view.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 10:17:02 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

He'd go apeshit () if someone told him that there could be an alien race that didn't eat the apple, or did, but their route to salvation was laid along a different path.

View Quote

Kind of how I was seeing it.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 10:17:13 AM EDT
[#19]
Wouldn't aliens fall into the same category as any other animal that's not human? I don't see why the aliens have to go to hell, that seems pretty harsh.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 10:18:06 AM EDT
[#20]
Never heard of him.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 10:19:43 AM EDT
[#21]
I got nuthin.'
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 10:20:03 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Wouldn't aliens fall into the same category as any other animal that's not human? I don't see why the aliens have to go to hell, that seems pretty harsh.
View Quote

IMO it would depend on whether or not God created them with souls. I don't see why He couldn't have created a whole other universe besides ours though. I think he (Ham) is being close minded.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 10:20:16 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
It takes a certain size of balls to speak with absolute authority on a subject you couldn't begin to comprehend or explain.
View Quote
I think the part in blue actually helps.  
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 10:20:48 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Never heard of him.
View Quote

The likelihood of that is pretty low considering his popularity, in addition to what I've posted about him here and your willingness to wade into my den.

Link Posted: 7/22/2014 10:22:07 AM EDT
[#25]
If his belief states that only Humans can go to Heaven and be saved, and that literally all other sentient life in the universe is damned to Hell, then Ken Ham's god is a royal dick.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 10:22:32 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

The likelihood of that is pretty low considering his popularity, in addition to what I've posted about him here and your willingness to wade into my den.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Never heard of him.

Nope never heard of him.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 10:24:16 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 10:25:44 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
If his belief states that only Humans can go to Heaven and be saved, and that literally all other sentient life in the universe is damned to Hell, then Ken Ham's god is a royal dick.
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/22/2014 10:26:48 AM EDT
[#29]

Link Posted: 7/22/2014 10:28:29 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

How did you know I like to violently teabag street criminals while wearing a rubber suit?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

How did you know I like to violently teabag street criminals while wearing a rubber suit?

It's because you're so angerous now.

Link Posted: 7/22/2014 10:29:28 AM EDT
[#31]

Sto'Vo'Kor would seem like hell to a petaQ

Link Posted: 7/22/2014 10:29:56 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 10:36:11 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

That dude is always good for comic relief. He's quite the character.
View Quote

Personally, I can't wait until August 2015.   Kent Hovind is getting out of prison and he makes Ken Ham look sane by comparison.

I can't wait to see what Hovind has cooked up to fleece the ignorant while he's been incarcerated.

Link Posted: 7/22/2014 10:36:48 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote

The whole "fruit from the tree of knowledge" thing would seem to be a metaphor for self-awareness. Using that logic, any fully self-aware species can be thought of as having "eaten the apple" owing to their intelligence and the nature of their consciousness. I, for one, am grateful to that rebellious and wise bringer of dawn. Thanks Lucifer, this sentience and freedom of choice is awesome!
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 10:42:24 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
As a Christian, and even a Protestant (sort of), I would LOVE to meet Ken Ham.

So I could kick that anti science douche canoe right in his intelligently-designed balls.
View Quote

Well, head on out to the Creation Museum and you can tell him that yourself.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 10:43:09 AM EDT
[#36]
He's the kind of guy that usually builds a cult of nitwits around him.

I predict he will be an entirely different person in ten years.

Billy Graham, he ain't.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 10:45:32 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
He's the kind of guy that usually builds a cult of nitwits around him.

I predict he will be an entirely different person in ten years.

Billy Graham, he ain't.
View Quote

You know nothing of this guy. I've been aware of him for over 10 years (probably closer to 15) and his testimony and character are above reproach.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 11:15:49 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Young Earth Creationists like Ken Ham make the vast majority of Christians go
View Quote

I'll pick this one.  Christianity before Darwin and Lyell's b.s. conjectures was "young earth creationism".  I don't think thousands of years of Jews and spirit filled Christians got Genesis wrong.  I don't think God's very words are confusing and misleading based on a couple God-hating fellows who came along and started interpreting the world through a God hating philosophy of materialist naturalism.  The notion of aliens is very new and very foreign to Scripture.  It's also quite foreign to empirical evidence which Evolutionists hate, sorry, no evolution here, no evolution anywhere.  Mutations aren't creating new genetic information to create new morphological structures and Selection only works on what's available, nvm the life origins problem for Naturalists. There is no more tendency in molecules to self-organize to cells and men than there is for a computer to have self-organized itself.  Looking for aliens is a fools errand that comes from the ridiculous improbabilities of evolution which spurred Evolutionists to decide that evolution being impossible means evolution MUST BE INEVITABLE and has happened many times and many places.  

I can reason like that with my cell phone: it's here, the probability of it being here is impossibly low, but it's in my hands so it must have been inevitable, so I can therefore assume cellphone evolution, and now I have no need to invoke a "Creator". Bam. Naturalism.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 11:17:05 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I just want to look at the guy and say "It's awfully busy inside that head of yours, ain't it."
View Quote

I think the exact opposite is true. I suspect there is not much going in there at all.

ETA - Santa Claus saved the Martians.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 11:20:27 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote

Happens every day in arfcoms GD.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 11:23:55 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fair enough, but GD doesn't put out "science" DVDs.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 11:26:28 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
I'll pick this one.  Christianity before Darwin and Lyell's b.s. conjectures was "young earth creationism".  I don't think thousands of years of Jews and spirit filled Christians got Genesis wrong.  I don't think God's very words are confusing and misleading based on a couple God-hating fellows who came along and started interpreting the world through a God hating philosophy of materialist naturalism.  The notion of aliens is very new and very foreign to Scripture.  It's also quite foreign to empirical evidence which Evolutionists hate, sorry, no evolution here, no evolution anywhere.  Mutations aren't creating new genetic information to create new morphological structures and Selection only works on what's available, nvm the life origins problem for Naturalists. There is no more tendency in molecules to self-organize to cells and men than there is for a computer to have self-organized itself.  Looking for aliens is a fools errand that comes from the ridiculous improbabilities of evolution which spurred Evolutionists to decide that evolution being impossible means evolution MUST BE INEVITABLE and has happened many times and many places.  

I can reason like that with my cell phone: it's here, the probability of it being here is impossibly low, but it's in my hands so it must have been inevitable, so I can therefore assume cellphone evolution, and now I have no need to invoke a "Creator". Bam. Naturalism.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Young Earth Creationists like Ken Ham make the vast majority of Christians go

lol

Link Posted: 7/22/2014 11:28:59 AM EDT
[#43]
How the fuck does he know?  

Maybe Jesus left Earth and went to alien planets after he was resurrected 2000 years ago but those righteous beings didn't nail him to a cross.  So guess who's getting into heaven now, peckerwood!
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 11:40:22 AM EDT
[#44]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top