Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 7/22/2014 9:23:46 AM EDT
How many mask did you try before one WORKED????  I'm about at the end of my rope, none I try seem to seal and stay sealed while I sleep, I need this as was told I have border line sever sleep apena.  HELP
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 9:28:29 AM EDT
[#1]
I've only used one kind, but it took about a week before I got used to it. How long have you had it OP?

Edit: I use the Opus 360 nasal pillow mask.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 9:31:02 AM EDT
[#2]
I got lucky and found some nasal pillows that I really liked on the second try.  The first nasal mask I tried sucked.  It wouldn't seal around my nose and was constantly blowing air in my eyes.  

I use the ResMed Swift LT, I believe.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 9:36:13 AM EDT
[#3]
This works very well once you get used to it.

http://www.resmed.com/int/products/mirage_quattro/mirage-quattro.html?nc=dealers

Look at CPAP man or Amazon for a discounted price.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 9:37:27 AM EDT
[#4]
That's the one I use with the nose pillows............works well

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I got lucky and found some nasal pillows that I really liked on the second try.  The first nasal mask I tried sucked.  It wouldn't seal around my nose and was constantly blowing air in my eyes.  

View Quote

Link Posted: 7/22/2014 9:43:37 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

http://www.resmed.com/int/products/mirage_quattro/mirage-quattro.html?nc=dealers

View Quote

This is what I use.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 9:46:16 AM EDT
[#6]
I have tries nasal masks and nasal pilliows. I Keep going back to this one. By far my favorite.

http://www.resmed.com/us/en/consumer/products/masks/mirage-micro.html
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 9:47:08 AM EDT
[#7]
4 kept going smaller till I tried the Respironics TrueBlue Nasal CPAP Mask.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 9:48:01 AM EDT
[#8]
I've been using a Hybrid for four years. It was the second one I tried. I had no problem getting used to it.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 9:49:31 AM EDT
[#9]
My dad sleeps in a recliner.  Try that or try piling up the pillows and see if that helps keep the mask on.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 9:50:18 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 9:50:28 AM EDT
[#11]
Resmed Quattro
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 9:51:55 AM EDT
[#12]
I thought this thread said CRAP MASK and I was like WTF        Nevermind.....
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 9:52:00 AM EDT
[#13]
What type of mask are you looking for?  Full face, hybrid, nasal?

I went through three before I found a good fit.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 9:55:16 AM EDT
[#14]
Started on CPAP in 2001.  Thirteen years later I tell you that nose pillows are the only way to go.

Tried various masks.  None of them worked satisfactorily.

Try the pillows.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 9:55:42 AM EDT
[#15]
Hope no ones farts in the intake part.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 10:19:45 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

especially dogs
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 11:41:10 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote

I use this one as well.  I have been on the machine for 18yrs.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 11:43:31 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

View Quote

Same one I use as well.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 11:48:18 AM EDT
[#19]
I have severe sleep apnea. I gave up on my machine a year ago.

Maybe I'll try some of these suggestions.

Link Posted: 7/22/2014 11:57:04 AM EDT
[#20]
At first glance, I thought the thread title was CRAP mask.  My bad.

As you were.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 12:09:00 PM EDT
[#21]
Only one I have used in the almost 6 years I have had my bipap. Comfy and seals with a full beard.
http://www.cpap-supply.com/ComfortGel-Full-p/comfortgel-full.htm
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 12:13:30 PM EDT
[#22]
Started with Nasal pillows and they didn't work for me. Switched to the Quatro and it has been working great for the past 3 years now....
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 12:21:40 PM EDT
[#23]
Ultra Mirage II nasal mask 14 years now. No problems.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 12:24:03 PM EDT
[#24]
First one, I knew I wanted nasal pillows and the firsy one they unpackaged did the job.

Kharn

Link Posted: 7/22/2014 12:25:29 PM EDT
[#25]
I was set up and adjusted at the sleep clinic.  Use Philips Respironics Wisp Nasal Cushion.  I haven't had to change styles.  I'm OK if it doesn't seal tight.

I've only slept one night without the box.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 12:26:34 PM EDT
[#26]
I use the Respironics Optilife pillow mask.  It works well.  I like it better than my old one, which had a triangular mask that covered the whole nose and had a forehead cushion.

I like that you can't really even see it while wearing it.

Link Posted: 7/22/2014 12:31:01 PM EDT
[#27]
I've been through 7 or 8.  Some 3 different nasal masks, 2 nasal pillows (that didn't work well at all) and settled on my 4th different full face mask.  Fisher Paykel Simplus.  Seals great without leaks and is really comfortable.  I paid out of pocket for most of them; anywhere from $60-$100 each.  It's better than the heart attack I'd be having in a couple years....
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 4:31:19 PM EDT
[#28]
Nasal pillows were ruled out quick, could not keep mouth shut. Still working with my therapist . Just wanted to hear from some of you, THANKS
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 4:42:07 PM EDT
[#29]
OP there is this place in the northwest called northwest face and they play radio adds all the time and they eliminate the need for cpaps, might want to check out the website to see what it's all about. Even if you dont come there you can call and ask about the science and have it done elswhere. I've heard the adds numerous times but never checked it out. Might or might not work.

Other than that a storm trooper mask.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 4:42:47 PM EDT
[#30]
I used the resmed mirage for years, just started using this and it is fantastic

Wisp Nasal Mask with Headgear  (Phillips Respironics)
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 4:49:12 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote

There was a guy in Basra who slept with one and was on the night shift.  I can neither confirm nor deny supplying Ziploc bagged farts to his room mate for nefarious purposes.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 4:49:53 PM EDT
[#32]
I am simply unable to use mine.

I am going to be trying the dental mouth piece soon.

Then surgery if that dosn't work.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 4:53:46 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
At first glance, I thought the thread title was CRAP mask.  My bad.

As you were.
View Quote

So did I....and the first thing that popped into my head was tubgirl.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 4:55:47 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

This is what I use.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

This is what I use.

Same here.  I love mine.

Link Posted: 7/22/2014 5:13:00 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Nasal pillows were ruled out quick, could not keep mouth shut. Still working with my therapist . Just wanted to hear from some of you, THANKS
View Quote

That's a common problem with nasal-only interfaces at higher pressures; did they try a chinstrap to keep your mouth closed?
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 5:23:41 PM EDT
[#36]
Nasal pillows, second try. They work really well. I do have to crank up the pressure to use the pillows, though, as I have a deviated septum that restricts flow through my nose.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 5:29:22 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

especially dogs
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

especially dogs

That's one reason you don't place the machine on the floor.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 6:28:24 PM EDT
[#38]
F&P Simplus full face mask was what I found to work for me
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 6:33:46 PM EDT
[#39]
Apparently I misread the title, not a poop thread.

Moving on...
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 6:36:12 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Me as well
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 5:56:57 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Nasal pillows, second try. They work really well. I do have to crank up the pressure to use the pillows, though, as I have a deviated septum that restricts flow through my nose.
View Quote

May need to check this, after a few min I feel I need to get a big breath of air through mouth like I'm not getting enough air through my nose. Answering Buckeye Doc, they did not try a chin strap. Going back to OxyCare today with some of your thoughts. THANKS
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 7:22:50 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
May need to check this, after a few min I feel I need to get a big breath of air through mouth like I'm not getting enough air through my nose. Answering Buckeye Doc, they did not try a chin strap. Going back to OxyCare today with some of your thoughts. THANKS
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Is your nose obstructed in any way?  I usually do a nasal rince before bed to make sure my nose is open.  If I have a cold or are congested for any reason, I have to use Afrin to open things up.

Link Posted: 7/23/2014 7:29:10 AM EDT
[#43]
Tried nasal pillow, full mask, nasal mask. The nasal is by far the best for me but after 6 moths i still cant get through one night with it on. Its usually sitting on the night stand in the morning and i don't have a clue how it got there.

Everyone says how it saved their lives, I wish I could keep the dang thing on!
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 7:56:19 AM EDT
[#44]
I have tried 3 of them, I really like the sleepweaver.  It's soft, no hard parts,  and took my sleep study in this mask. I was worried that I was re-breathing my own exhalation C02,  cause I cant' see where this mask exhausts from,  nor can I really hear it,  the sleep study said my O2 levels and CO2 levels were spot on, so it's venting somewhere. I really like that..  I have central apnea,  so I just stop breathing, the machine detects this and starts puffing air into the mask to get me to breathe again. This soft shell of this mask absorbs and quiets that puffing when it starts trying to jump start me again.

http://www.cpapxchange.com/sleepweaver-advance-cloth-cpap-bilevel-mask.html

I also occasionally wear this mask.   it's very comfortable but it's solid.  It has vent holes and you can hear the air coming out of it.  This bugs me so I don't wear it as much but it's very comfortable on your face when you do wear it. If the air sounds don't bug you it's comfortable.
http://www.cpapxchange.com/comfort-gel-blue-nasal-cpap-mask-respironics.html

I have heard many people have to go through several masks before they get one they like.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 8:27:03 AM EDT
[#45]
This is not a tag.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 4:42:25 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

View Quote

Im right there with you man.

The damn thing is supposed to help me get better rest, but it wakes me up constantly.

Even on nights when it doesnt wake me (I toss/turn like a Mofo, allways have) I dont really feel any miraculous change in me like people talk about.

I have an appt tomorrow with the doc, cant wait to hear his thoughts.

Link Posted: 7/24/2014 6:24:18 AM EDT
[#47]
Looking at a lot of ads on tv for mouthpieces. after talking to therapist, surgery is last resort. Next visit will be talking about this sleepweaver cloth thing, looks promising.
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 3:35:10 AM EDT
[#48]
Well, off for another sleep study.

This time in house with a Bi-Pap, which Im not sure will be any different considering the head gear is the issue for me.

Looking forward to cutting through the BS and trying an oral device.

Link Posted: 7/28/2014 5:56:28 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote

don't.

worst mistake I ever made. dont fuck with your jaw alignment. mine is hosed after spending  a fortune on a  friggin dental appliance.

get the surgery if the mask wont work for you.

eta: numerous sleep studies, I use both a pillow and a mask depending on how clear my sinuses are. I used the mouthpiece for a few months. On paper it works but i couldnt make it 8 hours without yanking it out even on ambien cr. I can't stress how much I never wish I used it.
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 5:59:25 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I had the same problem. Ask them for a larger diameter hose. Your not getting enough cfm's. Pressure is the same through both hoses. Small hose just doesn't give enough volume.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top