Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/21/2014 6:06:18 PM EDT
Link

MARBLE FALLS, Texas -- The City of Marble Falls passed a resolution Monday saying the city does not want the federal government to transfer any immigrants to the city.

The resolution says the city does not want the federal government to request or establish any facilities for "processing, housing or detaining" any undocumented immigrants.
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 6:07:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Does the OP really own a '57 Strat?
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 6:07:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Link

MARBLE FALLS, Texas -- The City of Marble Falls passed a resolution Monday saying the city does not want the federal government to transfer any immigrants to the city.

The resolution says the city does not want the federal government to request or establish any facilities for "processing, housing or detaining" any undocumented immigrants.
View Quote

Good. Hopefully Leander, Cedar Park, Jonestown, and all the surrounding cities follow. God knows Austin doesn't have the balls for it.
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 6:09:47 PM EDT
[#3]
I take the kids there for the Christmas lights show by the lake. Nice place.
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 6:09:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Local douches here in Dallas seem to be lining up to lick the federal nutsack.
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 6:11:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Good. Hopefully Leander, Cedar Park, Jonestown, and all the surrounding cities follow. God knows Austin doesn't have the balls for it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Link

I'm glad we moved to Pflugerville. Austin will welcome these fucking people with open arms. I can only imagine what scheme they're going to cook up to accommodate them all. It will be amusing when the number of panhandlers quadruples overnight. I predict a lot of the regular bums start to go missing.
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 6:13:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I'm glad we moved to Pflugerville. Austin will welcome these fucking people with open arms. I can only imagine what scheme they're going to cook up to accommodate them all. It will be amusing when the number of panhandlers quadruples overnight. I predict a lot of the regular bums start to go missing.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Link

I wouldn't expect Pflugerville to be safe from it long. I lived there for a few years before coming out to Leander.
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 6:19:13 PM EDT
[#7]
And what exactly will they do when the Feds show up and start housing them there?  They going to arrest the federal agents?  They going to arrest all the illegals and then pay to house them in their jail?  Just an empty resolution and they aren't the first city in Texas to pass the same thing.  About the same as all the US Congressmen speaking out against it and then not doing a damn thing to actually stop it.
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 6:21:39 PM EDT
[#8]
Imagine that. Rich old people from Houston don't want Mexicans in their town...
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 6:33:21 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Local douches here in Dallas seem to be lining up to lick the federal nutsack.
View Quote

that's just plastic-face Clay Jenkins working the Obama-knob, looking to curry favor for his political future.
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 6:37:33 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

Houston?

Marble Falls is close to Austin.
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 6:39:40 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Houston?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Houston?

Trust me.
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 6:57:40 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Houston?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Houston?

Marble Falls and mostly the neighboring area of Horse Shoe Bay is a retirement area for millionaires, many of which made their money out in Houston during the oil boom.  They don't need more illegals there, they have just enough to do their landscaping and clean their houses without having to see them on the street corners when they go out to eat at the resort for dinner.
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 6:59:32 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Marble Falls and mostly the neighboring area of Horse Shoe Bay is a retirement area for millionaires, many of which made their money out in Houston during the oil boom.  They don't need more illegals there, they have just enough to do their landscaping and clean their houses without having to see them on the street corners when they go out to eat at the resort for dinner.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Houston?

You like seeing illegals everywhere? Or you don't like Houston folks? Or you don't like rich folks?
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 7:32:01 PM EDT
[#14]
Look what you did Leo. You done pissed them old white people off.

Link Posted: 7/21/2014 7:34:53 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 4:06:12 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

You like seeing illegals everywhere? Or you don't like Houston folks? Or you don't like rich folks?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Houston?

No, I don't like having illegals everywhere, or anywhere for that matter.  And no problem with rich folks, hope to be one someday!  Was just explaining what  the previous post meant by what the Marble Falls area is populated by.  Only problem I have is the city resolution is nothing more than a statement on a piece of paper, they can't enforce it against the Feds.  I'm sure the resolution sounds great and gets people to feel good about themselves like they are taking a stand or whatever, but it doesn't do anything to stop the problem at hand.  Same as all the hot air coming out of our politicians in Washington, it's just talk.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 4:17:15 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Link

I don't think anyplace is safe once they start spreading like cockroaches.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 4:21:36 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

View Quote

That's a very shallow view of the entire situation.

Link Posted: 7/22/2014 4:25:58 AM EDT
[#19]
I'm not buying the whole "forced to accept illegals by the Feds" thing unless they are going into fed facilities.

It would seem to me the county/city health, zoning, and other departments would come into play when some private entity (Catholic/Baptist/ etc.) agrees to house them.

I can't speak to other places but some church in my area just can't up and open their doors and house people without a special use permit from the town/county and hold public hearings first.

It also seems to me it's mainly the religious do-gooders that are inviting these illegals to be placed into our communities more so than the feds forcing a community to take them in.

I guess separation of church and state does not apply when it's the feds that are using religion for it's ends.

Link Posted: 7/22/2014 4:36:00 AM EDT
[#20]
Good.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 4:43:19 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The Rio is not very deep either
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 4:45:08 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I wouldn't expect Pflugerville to be safe from it long. I lived there for a few years before coming out to Leander.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Link

Dammit. There is a Home Depot not far from where I live.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 4:45:37 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Imagine that. Rich old people from Houston don't want Mexicans illegals, terrorist, and gang bangers in their town...
View Quote

sounds about right.. but then i dont want them in my town either..

eta:
and i am neither rich, or white.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top