Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/21/2014 5:53:31 PM EDT
Doc told me to take it easy tomorrow that much i know, but I forgot to ask if you should keep your knee straight, keep it bent or don't worry at all about how it is bent while stationary.  My guess is I have no need to even worry about it but thought I might at least ask here.

Link Posted: 7/21/2014 6:44:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 6:49:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Not my knees but shoulder - no special instructions other than to take it easy.
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 6:52:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Last one I had in my knee doc said " there ya go, try that out. Normal activity right away."
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 6:52:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Just take it easy. Don't worry about knee position.
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 6:58:21 PM EDT
[#5]
mom had them 2-4 times before she was ok'ed for knee replacement. just take it easy for a day, no running or heavy stuff. i think they should kick in in like 2-3 days.
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 6:59:52 PM EDT
[#6]
since we are on the subject how are the for the lower back. I go for my first one in 2 weeks
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 7:00:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Been getting them in my knees regularly for about 7 years. (due later this week in fact). Works immediately and no special instructions
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 7:04:53 PM EDT
[#8]
What is the purpose of these injections?  Is this a permanent fix or a temporary relief?
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 7:09:19 PM EDT
[#9]
I've had them twice in both my shoulders I believe.  Only get them if I absolutely have to.  One shoulder got so bad I would go months in pain and not be able to move my shoulder or sleep for a week at a time.  Doctor told me I needed surgery but then wouldn't do it because it was a workman's comp/on the job injury.  I finally asked him for a shot and the pain was gone for years.
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 7:10:38 PM EDT
[#10]
Cortisone injections had a side affect of altering (dulling) my sense of taste. But they do temporarily reduce knee pain.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 9:32:26 AM EDT
[#11]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

What is the purpose of these injections?  Is this a permanent fix or a temporary relief?
View Quote

Inflamation reduction and pain relief I hope.

Did not feel left one at all the right one was excruciatingly painful.  My voice change when he does my right knee is hilarious.

Link Posted: 7/22/2014 9:47:39 AM EDT
[#12]
Isn't this what pro athletes get, shot of steroids in the offending appendage and then they're good to go?  Too often is probably a problem?  I'm no doctor, but doesn't seem like you'd need to take any special care to take it easy.  

On second thought, maybe follow the advice of your doctor.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 9:50:06 AM EDT
[#13]
I had them for a couple years before just breaking down and getting surgery. I was always just told nothing vigorous for a day or two and to then go about my normal business.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 9:52:00 AM EDT
[#14]
That reminds me too much of having an epidural in my lower back to watch...........it was like a near death experience

Quoted:

Did not feel left one at all the right one was excruciatingly painful.  My voice change when he does my right knee is hilarious.

http://youtu.be/ZWYxn2_BE3Q

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://youtu.be/ZWYxn2_BE3Q

Link Posted: 7/22/2014 9:57:39 AM EDT
[#15]
Just go about your daily routine, unless your daily routine is cutting down trees all day and hauling lumber.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 10:02:14 AM EDT
[#16]
I've had them in shoulders.  Neck once cervical spinal prob.  The crap relieves the pain for weeks, but also makes me feel 20 years younger, 10 foot tall and bulletproof.  I tend ot start working on the property like a young man again, and invariably re-injure myself, or sometimes a new problem will crop up for the overactivity. Also need less sleep, and notice some appetite suppression.   I'm avoiding them now.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 10:10:37 AM EDT
[#17]
Anti inflammatory drug, I would say ale it easy for 24 hours post injection.  I will have this done next week on my neck due to  disk herniation.  Been in pain for about six weeks, sucks.  Happy fun meds for a week now.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 10:10:51 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Last one I had in my knee doc said " there ya go, try that out. Normal activity right away."
View Quote

My experiences as well, except more like "normal activity right away including all the pre-existing knee pain"

A total waste of time and co-pays.

And yes same result with lower back injections. No improvement. Advil is my old friend.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 4:53:43 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 5:03:52 PM EDT
[#20]
had a couple in my heel for plantar faciitis. a terrible & irritable condition. finally healed up after a injuring my foot over  a year ago. rest up. cortizone shots really helped me a lot.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 5:40:34 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

My experiences as well, except more like "normal activity right away including all the pre-existing knee pain"

And yes same result with lower back injections. No improvement. Advil is my old friend.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I had shots of cortisone in each heel for Plantar Fasciitis. No kinda fun.

First time, I felt like I had new feet for a month.  After that, I started hurting again.

Second time, it lasted all of a week.

I could see how that was going to work out. I didn't go back.  When the pain resumed, it was the worst I ever had with PF.  

Never will do a cortisone shot again.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 5:50:04 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
mom had them 2-4 times before she was ok'ed for knee replacement. just take it easy for a day, no running or heavy stuff. i think they should kick in in like 2-3 days.
View Quote

I've had a few family members get knee replacement.  Their only regret was not getting the replacements sooner.  For what it's worth, the people I know that got replacements are in general good health and not obese.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top