Quoted:

I'll give you $500 for it as-is.

Why don't you just poke him with a sharp stick
Cause that's against the COC?  I'll give the OP $550 for it

Link Posted: 7/20/2014 10:11:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Sure it does.. Just like limo wristing a pistol if there is nothing to counter the rearword movement of the rifle energy will be used in moving the gun, not the bolt..

With a sigbrace and the video above the shooter is providing that resistance.. OP is not.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I had to meet the you tube 10 minute video requirement for fast video processing so I didn't have time to take a well placed shoulder fired shot every round. Trust me the gun works the same shouldered or not

Go take video of firing it shouldered and then come back and post it.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile

Shoulder firing should not be the cause of the problem.  Do you even sig brace bro

OP what buffer and spring do you have in the rifle?

Sure it does.. Just like limo wristing a pistol if there is nothing to counter the rearword movement of the rifle energy will be used in moving the gun, not the bolt..

With a sigbrace and the video above the shooter is providing that resistance.. OP is not.

gas operated guns really dont require that so much.  mechanism is totally diff in a browning action pistol
Link Posted: 7/20/2014 10:14:42 PM EDT
[#8]
also, its called the action spring, not the buffer spring
Link Posted: 7/20/2014 10:25:39 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

At the top of page 4 of this thread I showed a round with the scrapes they all have scrapes but out of the 30 casings I have cause that's about all I have shot from rifle most scrapes are really thin. First time I shot the gun the brass was huge deep scrapes and I gave those brass to the gun shop to send to POF when I sent gun in for repairs and they still sent back not working. There are 0 pierced primers. The brass can get scraped cause of under gassed someone said.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Did you check your primers?

Do you have any pierced primers?

Ejector swipes?

Take some photos of the base of the cases.

At the top of page 4 of this thread I showed a round with the scrapes they all have scrapes but out of the 30 casings I have cause that's about all I have shot from rifle most scrapes are really thin. First time I shot the gun the brass was huge deep scrapes and I gave those brass to the gun shop to send to POF when I sent gun in for repairs and they still sent back not working. There are 0 pierced primers. The brass can get scraped cause of under gassed someone said.

Yes, but you didn't show photos of the base where the primer is.

Nor did you note whether you had any pierced primers.
Link Posted: 7/20/2014 10:29:20 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

713-692-1111

Call them during business hours, talk to somebody, and get it sorted out. Your ranting email is likely balls deep in an inbox full of 870000 spam messages that they occasionally read.

Good luck.
View Quote

Do why Piet class III Weapons phone number?

I know john and Carol will help.  But  . .,.
Link Posted: 7/20/2014 10:33:40 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

gas operated guns really dont require that so much.  mechanism is totally diff in a browning action pistol
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I had to meet the you tube 10 minute video requirement for fast video processing so I didn't have time to take a well placed shoulder fired shot every round. Trust me the gun works the same shouldered or not

Go take video of firing it shouldered and then come back and post it.

Shoulder firing should not be the cause of the problem.  Do you even sig brace bro

OP what buffer and spring do you have in the rifle?

An already under gassed / lightly gassed gun, which most .308 AR's are lightly gassed to reduce recoil, will short stroke if you let it pretty much free recoil..

Say it won't all you want, I have seen it and fixed it a few times.

1- there is only so much energy available to cycle the action.. If some fraction of that is going into moving the gun vs moving the bolt, you now have even less energy available..
2- that energy is only available for a short time.. If the entire rifle is in free recoil and moving backwards the BCG now has to first match the rifle's velocity and overcome the added travel of the free recoiling rifle.. This takes longer.. You already have less energy available and now you have also extended the cycle time without extending the dwell time..
3-add those two togeather, along with light factory loads vs .mil surplus on an already lightly gassed gun and you end up with a short stroke..

Bump firing and hip firing are not the same as what we see in the video.. Both have a substantial amount of resistance provided by a firm 2 hand grim, a forward pull on the hand guard and a solid grip on the pistol grip.. OP was shooing from a bipod, and offering very, very little resistance through the pistol grip and zero through the stock.. The rifle was basically in free recoil..

On a quality gun with ammo loaded to mil standards..  most likely not an issue.. On an under or lightly gassed gun with factory loads.. then you bet your ass it is a problem.. Method of function doesn't matter.. You have X amount of energy and time to do things..

It may not be the issue with OP's rifle, but I assure you, it matters..
Link Posted: 7/20/2014 10:45:57 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'll give you $500 for it as-is.

Why don't you just poke him with a sharp stick

$575
Link Posted: 7/20/2014 10:48:46 PM EDT
[#13]
what NwG is saying in rifle terms is you are limp wristing it.
and this here

"because of a magpul problem with longer rounds that my rifle is picky and will only use certain bullets"

is COMPLETE bullshit, get that out of your head. oil it up, shoulder it and see what happens. then try whatever else.
Link Posted: 7/20/2014 10:49:51 PM EDT
[#14]
I bought a different brand of AR in 308.  I had the same issues.  It kept jamming so bad that I had to mortar it to eject rounds.  It was cleaned and lubed... It just wouldn't work.  I contacted the company and they said it might need a few rounds to break in.  I took it home and scrubbed the hell out of the lugs, bolt, and chamber.  If I thought it could have a burr or bind up I scrubbed it.  The majority of the issues went away after about 150 rounds.  

Then I decided to sight in my fine new rifle.  It was ejecting brass from 1 o'clock to 5 o'clock and everywhere in between.  Some of the brass would just fall out of the ejection port on to the table.  It got sent back to the manufacturer.  Turned out it was a combination of rough machine work and being incredibly over-gassed.
Link Posted: 7/20/2014 11:18:26 PM EDT
[#15]
subscribed to see how POF handles this.  Thus far they are in the "NEVER BUY" category.

Hope you get squared away.

Link Posted: 7/21/2014 2:23:56 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 2:30:33 AM EDT
[#17]
Like I have said 10 other times. On Tuesday  I am going to take the rifle back out and make the exact same video with me shouldering the rifle and bringing a printed list of all the stuff you guys told me to try to get it to work

As for people saying just go all out and shoot a fuckload of rounds out of the rifle and break it in and work the shit out of it. Look at this picture of my ejection port and imagine what its going to look like after 100 rounds!!! This is under 30 rounds right here and look at the damage. Look at the inside you can see a scrape inside also

adult image" />
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 2:34:43 AM EDT
[#18]
My brand new POF shipped with a ruined barrel. Couldn't hit paper twice at 100 yards. They told me it was my ammo....  fuck POF.
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 2:36:39 AM EDT
[#19]
Didn't you use a screwdriver to clear a jam?

Brass doesn't usually damage things..
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 2:45:03 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Shoulder the rifle to fire it.....your video shows you doing the rifle equivalent of limp wristing.

View Quote
ROFL  OMG really?

Link Posted: 7/21/2014 2:49:15 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Didn't you use a screwdriver to clear a jam?

Brass doesn't usually damage things..
View Quote

I used the screwdriver from underneath the upper when I got home, screwdriver never got anywhere near the ejection port. I used the screwdriver on the bottom of the bolt not through the side where ejection port is.
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 2:51:08 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
My brand new POF shipped with a ruined barrel. Couldn't hit paper twice at 100 yards. They told me it was my ammo....  fuck POF.
View Quote

But that cant be!!! They say they test fire every rifle before they send it out like they did with mine. When I first got my rifle I could easily tell it had been fired which made me happy cause I knew my gun should work. Boy was I wrong
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 2:55:48 AM EDT
[#23]
Working at a range/ store during the 2008/2009 Obama rush POF's were consistently the #1 AR brought back by customers that had LEGIT* issues and had to get sent up the chain for our smith to give it a once over, and normally send back to the factory.
*every other AR with problems was caused by new owners taking rifles out of the box and dumping half a case through dry rifles, fixed with oil.

Link Posted: 7/21/2014 3:06:18 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

ROFL  OMG really?

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Shoulder the rifle to fire it.....your video shows you doing the rifle equivalent of limp wristing.

ROFL  OMG really?

AR's smell weakness.  If you don't hold them firmly, the rifle knows it has you.  
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 3:15:40 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

AR's smell weakness.  If you don't hold them firmly, the rifle knows it has you.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

ROFL  OMG really?

Yes I am afraid of AR15's AR10's and every other gun out there. My whole life shooting every gun from a .22 ruger pistol to pulling the lanyard on a m109 howitzer that shoots 100 pound bullets I have been struck with the greatest fear and horror.
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 3:17:50 AM EDT
[#26]
Here is a novel idea, how about you put it in a box and send back to POF?

Crazy huh?

You are getting some dumbshit advice here.

Listen to me:

Send it back, allow POF to replace the rifle.
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 3:21:50 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Crazy huh?
View Quote

I'm sure you concluded that was an intelligent and witty answer after reading the entire thread, right? Do you feel like your post was a real "gotcha" to the OP?

Link Posted: 7/21/2014 3:44:41 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

I'm sure you concluded that was an intelligent and witty answer after reading the entire thread, right? Do you feel like your post was a real "gotcha" to the OP?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Crazy huh?

no, I am saying dont take anything apart because POF might void the warranty.

Send them the vid and wait/

He said he spent 4K and the upper looks like someone took a chisel to the Ejection port and has had one AD already. Leave it alone.

He has been told to shoot it from the shoulder, considering how fucky this gun is that might end with a face full of blown brass and bolt.
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 3:47:20 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Crazy huh?

Listen to me:

View Quote

I sent it back once and I cant send it back again cause they say the gun works, nothing I did would get their attention till I made the video and started this thread on AR15.com. You think I like fucking spending the last 2 days on these forums taking pictures and videos trying to get this problem fixed.

Also I think a lot of these guys gave good advice and they are helping a lot more then saying just put the rifle in a box and send it back to POF. I am going to send it back to POF and I am going to get my money back I hope. I had no idea a high end rifle like this would be such a pain in the ass and I learned a lot of valuable lessons and I like these people on these forums and a lot of guys have spent a lot of their time trying to help me.

Edited to show this from the POF website: • Rifles, Pistols, and Lower Receivers:  All serialized firearms need to return to the FFL Dealer they were purchased from. The FFL Dealer I bought the gun from is the main reason my gun has not been sent back cause he personally tested the rifle and said it worked but only with certain rounds and that I need to find the perfect bullet that works with the gun. A lot of people in this thread have told me that's bullshit and I never believed a word he said anyway since some of the bullets he sold me that he claims work with the gun do not work

Link Posted: 7/21/2014 3:52:16 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

I sent it back once and I cant send it back again cause they say the gun works, nothing I did would get their attention till I made the video and started this thread on AR15.com. You think I like fucking spending the last 2 days on these forums taking pictures and videos trying to get this problem fixed.

Also I think a lot of these guys gave good advice and they are helping a lot more then saying just put the rifle in a box and send it back to POF. I am going to send it back to POF and I am going to get my money back I hope. I had no idea a high end rifle like this would be such a pain in the ass and I learned a lot of valuable lessons and I like these people on these forums and a lot of guys have spent a lot of their time trying to help me.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Crazy huh?

Listen to me:

Some of them did.

Alot of people told you stuff that could be bad for your health as well. Your instincts were right to not fire the gun from the shoulder for the video. I wouldnt fire it from the shoulder. Doing stuff like that might turn you into Sir One Eye Jefferson.

the cases, I saw the scratches, was there a dint in the shoulder in one of the pictures? If the round was cycled into the action and fired How could that mean anything other than a bad chamber?

There is no way they had the gun shooting for them. No. Way.

Link Posted: 7/21/2014 4:25:41 AM EDT
[#31]
Alot of people told you stuff that could be bad for your health as well. Your instincts were right to not fire the gun from the shoulder for the video. I wouldnt fire it from the shoulder. Doing stuff like that might turn you into Sir One Eye Jefferson.

I almost turned into one leg sir jefferson when that range officer was loading and extracting rounds and the rifle fired
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 4:32:08 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
snip

Edited to show this from the POF website: • Rifles, Pistols, and Lower Receivers:  All serialized firearms need to return to the FFL Dealer they were purchased from. The FFL Dealer I bought the gun from is the main reason my gun has not been sent back cause he personally tested the rifle and said it worked but only with certain rounds and that I need to find the perfect bullet that works with the gun. A lot of people in this thread have told me that's bullshit and I never believed a word he said anyway since some of the bullets he sold me that he claims work with the gun do not work

View Quote

Return policy is
FFL is a phaggot
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 4:34:07 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Crazy huh?

Listen to me:

I Hope you get your money back. This is several different flavors of Grade A bullshit. Didnt mean to come across as an asshole, but them dented cases got me all hot and bothered. If those cases were ejected in that condition your lucky it didnt kaboom on you. There is no way either the guy who sold you the gun or POF could have had that gun running more than two or three rounds ata time if the chamber is bad.
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 4:36:55 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

I almost turned into one leg sir jefferson when that range officer was loading and extracting rounds and the rifle fired
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/21/2014 2:26:58 PM EDT
[#35]
Well its Monday and I have 1 more day before I take the rifle out and shoot it and test it with all the tips and ideas people have given me in this thread.

For the past few hours I have been cleaning the rifle, currently waiting for my cordless power drill to charge the battery!!! (still blows my mind I have to do this)

When I first start shooting the rifle in my video tomorrow do I want to start it with just a minimal amount of lube then work my way up till I have a shitload as I show the rounds firing?

I turned the adjustable gas tube/piston nob till it came out and put it back in and got a feel for it and how it works so I can demonstrate that tomorrow

I will pre paint a bunch of different rounds with sharpie and show in the video me loading and extracting the live rounds and show the rounds up close with pictures/video

WHAT IS THE BEST WAY TO GET A JAMMED ROUND OUT OF THE CHAMBER WHEN IT GETS JAMMED AND THE CHARGING HANDLE WILL NOT BUDGE. someone told me to hold the rifle vertical and safely and gently drop the gun on a flat surface stock first. If that does not work then what???

I will make damn sure the rifle is tightly against my shoulder ever shot
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 2:32:05 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 2:35:33 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

You need to be pulling hard on the charging handle as you bang the butt on the ground

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kzBdyubc0Uk
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

WHAT IS THE BEST WAY TO GET A JAMMED ROUND OUT OF THE CHAMBER WHEN IT GETS JAMMED AND THE CHARGING HANDLE WILL NOT BUDGE. someone told me to hold the rifle vertical and safely and gently drop the gun on a flat surface stock first. If that does not work then what???

You need to be pulling hard on the charging handle as you bang the butt on the ground

Very nice video, I am loading that video on my ipad right now so I have it at ready when I go out and fire the rifle

I probably would have not put the stock all the way in if I had not seen this video so I am glad you posted it thank you
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 2:42:45 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Well its Monday and I have 1 more day before I take the rifle out and shoot it and test it with all the tips and ideas people have given me in this thread.

For the past few hours I have been cleaning the rifle, currently waiting for my cordless power drill to charge the battery!!! (still blows my mind I have to do this)

When I first start shooting the rifle in my video tomorrow do I want to start it with just a minimal amount of lube then work my way up till I have a shitload as I show the rounds firing?

I turned the adjustable gas tube/piston nob till it came out and put it back in and got a feel for it and how it works so I can demonstrate that tomorrow

I will pre paint a bunch of different rounds with sharpie and show in the video me loading and extracting the live rounds and show the rounds up close with pictures/video

View Quote

They are telling you to mortar the gun. that works. If that does not i used a wooden or brass rod down the barrel to sit in the empty case and tap it out.
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 2:43:21 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
Very nice video, I am loading that video on my ipad right now so I have it at ready when I go out and fire the rifle

I probably would have not put the stock all the way in if I had not seen this video so I am glad you posted it thank you

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yup, that is the official field way to do it.

The alternative that I used to good effect is using a rubber mallet, stock collapsed and on a solid surface and just tapped the CH (holding the tab to make sure it wasn't locked) and start light and just start tapping it with increasing hardness till it lets the round out.

Link Posted: 7/21/2014 2:45:32 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
They are telling you to mortar the gun. that works. If that does not i used a wooden or brass rod down the barrel to sit in the empty case and tap it out.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

snip

as an addition/ clarification to this, that only works if the bolt is unlocked.

If the bolt is locked, it can't work.  

An example is if the round comes off the extractor, and the bolt can move back and forth freely and only the case is stuck, then the rod will work.

Link Posted: 7/21/2014 2:48:04 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

An example is if the round comes off the extractor, and the bolt can move back and forth freely and only the case is stuck, then the rod will work.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
snip

ah yea.. dont forget that part  
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 3:00:04 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This, and hold pressure on the CH so the bolt unlocks.

Beaten like a redheaded stepchild.
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 3:01:01 PM EDT
[#43]
I have a mallet ready, I have a ar15 leatherman MUT  that has a built in tool that will rip rounds out when the bolt is loose and I need to just get the empty brass out of the barrel  so should be covered there. I have a rod for 30cal rifle that I will tap on the empty brass case like you said as well

Link Posted: 7/21/2014 4:50:18 PM EDT
[#44]
I would post here In the Pof forum too.
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 4:56:20 PM EDT
[#45]
OBR FTMFW
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 5:18:41 PM EDT
[#46]
I just finished cleaning the rifle 100 percent, piston system taken apart, BCG, trigger assembly, power drill with brush in the chamber, power drill in the piston system where the gas tube is, buffer tube/spring so people know what kind I have, all the rags, qtips, pads that I used, tools used everything.

All of this on video, all photographed up close.

I have to go to work now till midnight so when I get off work I will make a video and include pictures so tomorrow when I fire the gun no one can call bullshit on it being dirty, chamber, trigger, barrel, piston system, buffer tube, BCG anything 100 percent perfect, gun looks like its never even been fired.

Also I made video of me installing the piston/gas system and showing the different settings and putting it in perfect just like POF shows
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 5:19:40 PM EDT
[#47]
Damn dude, that makes me cringe just watching. Sorry you're getting the shaft.
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 5:22:16 PM EDT
[#48]
I almost bought a POF once until I field stripped the bolt and could not get the cotter pin back in the second hole.  The holes for the pin were mis-aligned out of spec.  

Took a good 20 minutes and some needle nose pliers to put it back together.  The points of the pin were mangled too before even trying to get it back in.  It looked like someone took a hammer to them to force them into the 2nd hole.  
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 5:22:44 PM EDT
[#49]
A little grease on the lugs and some oil on the carrier should help too.
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 5:39:12 PM EDT
[#50]
paging Larue... paging Larue...

now would be a great chance to get some EPIC internet free publicity and trade this man for his POS, i mean POF rifle and trade him for a new larue OBR and get him a working rifle.

POF has always been over priced shit. sorry to hear you got burned op. maybe file a small claims suit against the local FFL?
Page / 10
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top