BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 5
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 12:00:14 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Fuck 'em. Ride whatever you want. That's the damn point of bieng a nonconformist, and the joke is on them.
View Quote

Exactly.

I've got more miles just backing up to the curb than most of the "mine's better than yours" crowd.

And contrary to popular belief, it's not only the Harley crowd that play this shit.  

ETA: Except BMW riders.  We all know they're all stuck up assholes.  
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 12:04:43 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 1:16:31 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
something like this really fucks with a lot of people as they have been told all sportsers are girls bikes....lol
http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj67/lsheets65/goldnblackledsled__zpsa88021e6.jpg
View Quote

All kidding aside, anyone that thinks the sportster is a girls bike is a fucking retard.

I guess they don't think a bike is manly unless it has a nice comfy full back rest with a full front fairing and wind screen to keep all the icky wind away, a cup holder, radio, full luggage rack for all your manpons, heated handlebars, leather shit dangling off the handlebars, cruise control, and a maximum lean angle that entirely defeats the purpose of only having two wheels.

Yeah, that's some real hard core shit right there.  I'd take a sporty that I could trick out or turn into a cafe racer any day of the week over a cruiser.  Nothing wrong with a big cruiser, especially if you're going to go long distances, but if you think that's more manly than anything else on two wheels I've got bad news for you...  Typical American attitude though, the more something weighs the better it is.

If I were to get an American made cruiser I'd be all over an Indian though.

edit:  And yeah I do get attitude every now and then.  I like in the Milwaukee area so every anniversary really brings them out of the woodwork.  Most of them are really cool men and women that have no problem with the fact that I'm on a Suzuki SV650s.  Hell a few years back I had a pack of them flag me down because I "looked like I was from the area."  They were looking for directions to some local biker bar.  I was just out for a cruise so I lead them there.  Shame I don't drink alcohol when I've got my bike because they paid for my burger and a few cokes.

There's always a few though...
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 1:29:13 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I don't give a shit who rides what. I just find it fucking hilarious that only riders of certain types of bikes actually do say "Why don't you get a real bike".  Had a lady actually say that to my buddy and I.  He had an R1, and she said the only real bikes are Harleys.  How about the scowls at the stop lights, fucking lol.  

Shit, some of the threads in GD are fucking gold mines.   Harley riders having different value systems, calling non HD riders sissy boys on their yammy haws.  Shit is great, and just perpetuates the stereotype.  It's a fucking conveyance, who gives a shit what one person spent their fucking money on.  Just ride it, have fun, and don't die.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
OP...I know exactly what you mean!  As a motorcycle guy, I can't stand it when Harley guys complain against certain other types of riders.
I mean...who does that?

I don't give a shit who rides what. I just find it fucking hilarious that only riders of certain types of bikes actually do say "Why don't you get a real bike".  Had a lady actually say that to my buddy and I.  He had an R1, and she said the only real bikes are Harleys.  How about the scowls at the stop lights, fucking lol.  

Shit, some of the threads in GD are fucking gold mines.   Harley riders having different value systems, calling non HD riders sissy boys on their yammy haws.  Shit is great, and just perpetuates the stereotype.  It's a fucking conveyance, who gives a shit what one person spent their fucking money on.  Just ride it, have fun, and don't die.

I agree!  If there's one thing that I can't stand, it's those know-it-all Harley guys, telling all the other bikers that their bikes are not up to speed.
I mean...who does that?
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 1:43:34 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I've said before, and will again. I dont care what you ride, just ride.

I dont mind the comments from anyone about what anyone should or shouldnt ride, I think it's stupid.

The squids are just as bad as the pirates.  My whole point in the OP was, do Harley lifestyle people look down on Indian as they do Japanese bikes?
View Quote

Nope.
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 2:04:44 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

All kidding aside, anyone that thinks the sportster is a girls bike is a fucking retard.

I guess they don't think a bike is manly unless it has a nice comfy full back rest with a full front fairing and wind screen to keep all the icky wind away, a cup holder, radio, full luggage rack for all your manpons, heated handlebars, leather shit dangling off the handlebars, cruise control, and a maximum lean angle that entirely defeats the purpose of only having two wheels.

Yeah, that's some real hard core shit right there.  I'd take a sporty that I could trick out or turn into a cafe racer any day of the week over a cruiser.  Nothing wrong with a big cruiser, especially if you're going to go long distances, but if you think that's more manly than anything else on two wheels I've got bad news for you...  Typical American attitude though, the more something weighs the better it is.

edit:  And yeah I do get attitude every now and then.  I like in the Milwaukee area so every anniversary really brings them out of the woodwork.  Most of them are really cool men and women that have no problem with the fact that I'm on a Suzuki SV650s.  Hell a few years back I had a pack of them flag me down because I "looked like I was from the area."  They were looking for directions to some local biker bar.  I was just out for a cruise so I lead them there.  Shame I don't drink alcohol when I've got my bike because they paid for my burger and a few cokes.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
something like this really fucks with a lot of people as they have been told all sportsers are girls bikes....lol
http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj67/lsheets65/goldnblackledsled__zpsa88021e6.jpg

Agreed.  I really enjoy my Sportster, fuck the rolling couches.
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 3:59:35 AM EDT
[#7]

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Harley guys seem to accept the Indian and Victory brands as "close enough" but I don't think they're considered equal.

While I do own an old Shovelhead, I'm not a "Harley guy" and I don't want to be thought of as one of them.  I ride my sportbike (GSXR750) and the Harley sits in the barn. I actually can kick start the Shovel.

FWIW and I know I'm in the minority but most of us HD guys have more than one brand in the stable.  We are all in our mid 40's and feel that Indian, Henderson, Excelsior are the shit but a Crocker is the holy grail as far as American iron goes.

This. 1931  Crocker:

http://cyrilhuzeblog.com/wp-content/uploads/Crocker31.jpg
I usually stay out of the HD bashing threads... but me want this.  

Have owned HD bikes since 1964.... First one was a 1951 panhead.

Still have 2 Harleys 1977 sportster and 1987 lowrider.

Also have owned Jap bikes since 1967.

Still own a 1976 KZ650 that I bought new.

Also have owned several old BMW bike but don't own any currently.

When Ohio first required a MC endorsement I took it the first time it was offered in Fulton County.  The test was a joke at that time.  Most were doing it on Honda 90's  One guy had a HD dresser there that was wider than the space between the traffic cones.  He explained that to the examiner who said he had to get through the course without knocking down any cones to pass.

He was pissed and knocked every cone in the course down.  I was docked in points because I was slower than the examiner liked and because I didn't put my left foot on the ground at the stop.  A little hard with a suicide clutch.  But I still passed.  Tests have been improved over the years to really test skill rather than penalize large bikes.

Link Posted: 7/21/2014 4:07:31 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

My daily driver is an 81 Yamaha.  By daily, I mean that I ride it every day that weather permits.  What I notice about many of the Harleys in my area, is that they are ridden very little.  We are a biker destination area.  There are bikes of every description, but mostly HD.  Most of them have very new looking tires.  I will get another new set of tires at the end of this season.  I think part of the reason that you don't see the concentrations of metric bikes that are 45+ years old, is that their owners ride them until they don't go any more.  At some point, rather than continue to pour money into it, they get a new one.  I admit, the Yamaha has had some service during it's lifetime.  It's had oil changes, a couple batteries, brake pads, and tires.  Other than that, it just keeps going.
View Quote
My DD is a 1977 Sportster.  Old bikes rule.

I used that gif since there wasn't a thumbs up one.

Only thing I have to say about old Harleys and old metric is that it is easier to find parts for the Harley.  Unless you are really dedicated to the old bike it is easier to repair the HD.  My 1976 KZ650 is now setting while I am looking for a part.  Any brand will break or wear out eventually if they are used.

Link Posted: 7/21/2014 5:04:26 AM EDT
[#9]
Worse still is the fact that most Harley riders couldn't give a rats ass what some other person is riding.  What some other guy or gal is riding is way, way down on the "Giva a Fuck" scale.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 5:20:11 AM EDT
[#10]
No one gives me grief on my Triumph.
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 9:06:29 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

No one gives me grief on my Triumph.
View Quote
My brother rode Triumph and BSA.  They were about as much fun as my Harleys. When we got bored on our own bike we traded and rode each others bikes for a while.  I won't turn down a chance to ride a 1060's Triumph on BSA.  One bike I don't want is a 1960's Honda 300 Dream Nightmare.  Even though I don't want one I may admire yours if you bring it to an antique bike show.

Link Posted: 7/21/2014 9:20:41 AM EDT
[#12]
I've only been to one bike rally. Sturgis for the 100th anniversary of Harley. What'd I ride?  My Honda 1100 ACE. Got lots of appreciation from Hell's Angel, etc. And was literally one of three metric bikes there that I saw. The only asshat that said anything was a drunk guy WALKING. Several riders told him to eff off as any two wheels beat two feet.

No bike at the moment, but if you ride (regardless of age of bike, country of origin, etc.) you're good to go by me.
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 9:58:32 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hey now. Shit should come standard on anything with two wheels.
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 10:09:07 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Don't need to F'n heated handlebars.  Neither of these 2 have them and I ride the one on the right with studded tires in the snow and ice.  Will ride it all winter.

Blue bikes are better.

Link Posted: 7/21/2014 10:15:30 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Don't need to F'n heated handlebars.

View Quote

You're looking at it the wrong way.  Your loss, not mine.
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 10:18:18 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I have never been able to understand the brand loyalty seen with Harley, they are in general a poor quality bike sold at a premium price.  JD Power and others have run many surveys among owners of motorcycles over a number of years and in every survey Harley has come in dead last place on quality every single time, so the quality isn't my opinion, its Harley owners opinions given in national surveys.  Invariably, the most loyal Harley fan boys don't own one, their ownership is only Harley's number one best selling product, T shirts.  Harley is really good at only one thing, marketing. But being good at marketing shouldn't generate the kind of brand loyalty that Harley enjoys.  

I really hope the new Polaris owned Indian does well, Polaris usually does pretty well in the markets it goes after.
View Quote

JD Power?  Really?  Do you even OWN a motorcycle? Do you even LOOK at motorcycles? I ask because your post indicates that there is much about motorcycles and motorcyclists that you do not understand, or comprehend.    Some of my old bikes that I wish I still owned wouldn't even rate a mention by JD Power or Consumer Reports.        
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 10:19:08 AM EDT
[#17]
Ride whatever you want.  Just give me equal respect and don't shit on what I ride.

I catch a lot of crap from a certain percentage of HD riders for riding Euro brands.  Harley dudes refuse to acknowledge me when I'm on my Ducati but when I ride a Triumph they grudgingly say hello.

I don't care that you're riding a Harley.  You enjoy it and I respect that.  What more could a guy ask for than to find something that he likes and live it?

All of the brand in-fighting gets really old.  All that should matter is that I'm of a like-mind and experiencing a similar version of reality to yours.

Quit being a stuck up dork and be friendly.  It costs you nothing.

Link Posted: 7/21/2014 10:23:54 AM EDT
[#18]
Holy shit, heated handlebars are a real thng?

That actually exists?

Fuck, man, the gay pirate cosplay community has really stepped up their game.
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 10:25:48 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Harley is like Rolex.

It's a brand name that carries more weight that their product.

There are better/equal/cheaper offerings out there, but they don't say HARLEY DAVIDSON on them.

Also, the older ones are inevitably better.
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/21/2014 10:26:37 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

That actually exists?

View Quote

Yes, and they're a factory option on most touring and adv bikes.

The gay pirate community thinks heated grips are for pussies....because riding motorcycles is all about attitude and image, not having a good time and being comfortable.
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 10:35:12 AM EDT
[#21]
Harley put food on my plate for a long time. I will tell everyone I can to get one.

But I love riding, I don't care what it is. Grew up in the Harley world because my dad and neighbor work there, family have harley's etc. It is part of the history of my state. Kinda got a lot going for me to be a Harley douche, but I'm not.

I have a Vrod, so I am borderline taboo myself.
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 10:36:00 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

The gay pirate community thinks heated grips are for pussies....because riding motorcycles is all about attitude and image, not having a good time and being comfortable.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That actually exists?

I have a heated grips and a heated seat on my Harley. My BMW GS has heated grips that will melt my gloves when on the highest setting.

On the other topic at hand, I rarely wave at anybody, sometimes a head nod. Call me stuck up or what you will but my attention is on the road and the cages around me. I've seen guys lose control of their bikes just because they were all consumed with doing the silly biker wave. I do notice the difference in the amount of waving though between my 2 very different bikes.
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 10:43:48 AM EDT
[#23]
The other day I had some construction worker standing by the side of the road pretend like he was going to roll his water bottle out into the street in front of me to try to make me wreck.

As I passed by he pointed at me and smiled like "I got you ha ha."    I just looked at him like he was a retard.

You get all types when you get on a bike.   Fortunately, riding is so much fun who gives a shit.
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 11:09:35 AM EDT
[#24]
Local shop has an 06 Sportster for $ 4900 but it needs tires . Is this a fair price or should I
A-pay the asking price and request new tires
B-negotiate a lower price
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 11:14:47 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Local shop has an 06 Sportster for $ 4900 but it needs tires . Is this a fair price or should I
A-pay the asking price and request new tires
B-negotiate a lower price
View Quote

I mean, that can be an ok price, If you think it is a decent price, I would negotiate tires at same price. Taking them anywhere to get put on will cost you more than what you are going to get taken off the bike.
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 12:35:47 PM EDT
[#26]
HA you guys should try riding a Buell.
You will be frowned at by both sides of the fence.

But i dont really care. Harleys, Buells, Huskis, KTM, BSAs....if it has handle bars and a throttle, im in.

Two of my three frame up restoration BSA
69 440 Victor (not finished yet)
68 Firebird Scrambler
69 Thunderolt
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 12:49:34 PM EDT
[#27]
If you live your life giving a flying fuck about what other people think, you're facing a miserable future.
Don't do what people tell you to and don't do what they tell you not to do, do what YOU want to do.
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 12:50:03 PM EDT
[#28]
I rode my Suzuki C50 down to Bike Week in Sandusky last month. We decided to ride in the Memorial Ride from Roder's in Monroeville into downtown Sandusky. The place was Harley-heavy, as I expected, but there were a surprising amount of metrics, too. I thought I might catch some flack, but didn't. Everyone was really cool and the ride was a fun experience.

I was actually behind an old GS series Suzuki and ahead of a older Marauder, so we had our little Suzuki section.

Staging, right after we arrived (My C50 is on the left, next to my buddy's Victory):

The line to get in:

Just before we left:

We HAD to have been in a 4-5 mile long procession. Everyone I encountered was cool. We had no problems.

Link Posted: 7/21/2014 12:52:39 PM EDT
[#29]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Harley is like Rolex.

There are better/equal/cheaper offerings out there, but they don't say HARLEY DAVIDSON on them.

http://i47.tinypic.com/5xjuol.jpg

No shit, talk about going full retard.
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 12:52:54 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

But i dont really care. Harleys, Buells, Huskis, KTM, BSAs....if it has handle bars and a throttle, im in.

68 Firebird Scrambler
69 Thunderolt
<a href="http://s243.photobucket.com/user/Derf7667/media/IMG_20130823_125902_337_zpse1152848.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff194/Derf7667/IMG_20130823_125902_337_zpse1152848.jpg</a>
View Quote

I still don't understand why Harley shut down Eric Buell.

Link Posted: 7/21/2014 12:55:39 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

68 Firebird Scrambler
69 Thunderolt
<a href="http://s243.photobucket.com/user/Derf7667/media/IMG_20130823_125902_337_zpse1152848.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff194/Derf7667/IMG_20130823_125902_337_zpse1152848.jpg</a>

Buell still exists, Harley just separated from them. It could of been both sides.
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 1:07:46 PM EDT
[#32]
I started out on an old flathead Harley chopper in 1972, then a 1969 BSA 441 Victor Special because it was only $200 because it had no... er... um... title, then a 1978 Honda CB450 that I won in a bet, then a 1982 Kawasaki GPz750 that I bought brand new, then a 1956 BMW R50, then a 1984 BMW R80G/S Paris-Dakar, then a 2001 H-D SuperGlide that I bought brand new.

I've had too many interracial motorcycle affairs to be a brand bigot. I love my Super Glide, but I will always have a soft spot for BMW and Kawasaki, and I hope to own another one of each before I kick the bucket.

I have a soft spot for BSA's too, but mine didn't treat me too well.
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 1:24:15 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

That actually exists?

View Quote

I have three level factory heated grips on my Ducati, and two speed (self installed ) on a KTM EXC500, not that uncommon and no faggotry involved.
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 1:33:26 PM EDT
[#34]
I bought a Harley because the Triumph dealer closed shop, couldn't be happier. Don't care what anyone else thinks or likes. If you think a little ribbing is bad because you ride something other than Harley try riding a Harley. You'd have all these dipshits responding to this thread bashing Harley riders to deal with, Can't say I've heard a single Harley rider bash anyone elses choice of bikes,
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 1:34:32 PM EDT
[#35]
I normally don't partake in these threads.... but what the Hell.

While at a bar drinkin' a beer and mindin' my own business, I was once upon a time lectured by a 50-some year old tool of some sort on why riding an HD bike was "the way it should be", and it was "good for 'murica", etc.  "Foreign bikes just don't measure up when it comes to the experience", he said.  Mind you, I ride a 2011 Triumph Thunderbird.  For those of you not up on your motorcycle history it is Triumph that was the original "bad ass" bike, not HD or anything else.  Politely, I just sat there and made mention of the different brands and my admiration of the different features, etc. I didn't agree or disagree with him either way.  I played nice guy,

Then... this same tool pays his tab and leaves the bar only to hop in to his Honda (or Hyundai, I don't remember), and drive away.
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 3:41:58 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Repeat after me "Twice the reliability for half the money".
View Quote

Yesterday's technology at tomorrow's prices.
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 3:46:37 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

I have three level factory heated grips on my Ducati, and two speed (self installed ) on a KTM EXC500, not that uncommon and no faggotry involved.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That actually exists?

Fags...

Surely I jest. Nothing wrong with riding comfortably. Id love heated bars. Unfortunately I can't afford whatever I want. Had to find that middle ground between what i wanted, What i could afford, and what i could find on the used market.

I'm just pointing out how silly the notion is that a sportster is less manly than a big bagger.  Steve McQueen didn't ride no fuckin cruiser when he kicked Hitlers ass in WWII.

Link Posted: 7/21/2014 3:54:01 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
My latest bike is a Moto Guzzi.

In the past the only HD riders that knew anything about the marque and gave sincere compliments about their unique attributes and vast history have been the crusty true 1%'s I've met out and about and at the Daytona meets.  

"What the hell is that"? Is what I generally hear from the typical HD posers. Their fukkin clueless about motorcycles. And they love showing the whole world they are by their lack of knowledge.
View Quote

It trickles all the way down from corporate HQ.

http://www.motorcyclecruiser.com/news/harley-dealer-ad-gets-it-wrong
The insert, which was also sent to the Harley-Davidson dealer chain, is a glossy, 14 X 20 fold out poster that lists the 2013 recipients of the Motor Company's Bar & Shield award, which, according to the blurb -- and pardon my paraphrasing here -- is based on sales, customer satisfaction, and “various operational measures.” Also listed are the names of long-term dealers, notably that of Dud Perkins, the San Francisco dealer that’s been selling the brand continuously since April 1st, 1914.

That the photo is of someone riding a Triumph is bad enough. It speaks poorly of whoever picked it, and of the H-D executives that approved it
. But it gets worse. For those of you that aren’t students of dirt track history, the name Gary Scott probably doesn’t mean much. According to the record books he was a hard-charging rider and member of the 1974/1975 Harley-Davidson race team who won the 1975 AMA Grand National Championship, and accompanying number one plate. What the record books don’t tell you is that he hated riding for Harley, didn’t get along with the other members of the team, and quit the team shortly after winning the title. He then forbid them to use his name or photo in any of their advertising. To say that the relationship between Gary and H-D was adversarial would be a gross understatement, one he’d later underscore by engaging in physical altercation with his former tuner, and all around Harley good guy, Bill Werner.

In short, the image is something of a slap in the face to the Harley faithful, and their dealers. It also displays a lack of knowledge about the factory’s history, history which is well documented. Of course Harley has always had a little trouble separating myth from their reality, so perhaps this isn’t such an unusual thing after all.
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 4:04:46 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:I still don't understand why Harley shut down Eric Buell.

View Quote

He wanted to build the bikes he was told he could. He designed frompretty creative bikes,  Blast and Ulyses I wish were in my garage. In the end they were lsing money on the Buell line. Slowly shutting him down, then cut off all together.

He's now building the bikes he wants to. Supersport racers.

edit, and my Triumph Tiger 800 has heated grips, as did the two bikes before it. I love them, wont have a bike without them.
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 4:05:16 PM EDT
[#40]
While we are on the subject, what's the scoop on the Triumph Scrambler?  It always struck me as a neat looking bike to scoot around town in.

Link Posted: 7/21/2014 4:06:21 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

He wanted to build the bikes he was told he could. He designed frompretty creative bikes,  Blast and Ulyses I wish were in my garage. In the end they were lsing money on the Buell line. Slowly shutting him down, then cut off all together.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:I still don't understand why Harley shut down Eric Buell.

Didn't Buell win the AMA championship right before they let Buell go?

Link Posted: 7/21/2014 4:07:00 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
While we are on the subject, what's the scoop on the Triumph Scrambler?  It always struck me as a neat looking bike to scoot around town in.

View Quote

They are awesome!  That's the deal. Not long range bikes, but tons of fun in town or on the light trails.
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 4:07:33 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Harley is like Rolex.

http://i47.tinypic.com/5xjuol.jpg

There are huge Harley dealers here.

The only people I see buying/riding them are fat middle aged doctors and other professionals, they also buy every piece of Harley clothing they can get their hands on, then they ride through downtown hoping everyone will envy them when they rev their enjuns.

I don't see Harley doing anything better than any other bike manufacturer, except saying "Harley Davidson" on the gas tank.
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 4:13:20 PM EDT
[#44]
It's a moronic, Harley douchebag thing. The bike is crap...badly engineered crap that 40 and 50-somethign douchebags buy into for image to feel self-important or feel a sense of belonging to something.
It's really kind of a sad on a really basic level.
View Quote

And people like you wonder why we don't wave back at your douchebag ass?
Thank you for not owning a Harley and letting us know who you are.
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 4:14:12 PM EDT
[#45]
http://www.goingfaster.com/angst/
Click on the big white words and enjoy.
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 4:18:09 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Don't need to F'n heated handlebars.  Neither of these 2 have them and I ride the one on the right with studded tires in the snow and ice.  Will ride it all winter.
https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpf1/t31.0-8/10549206_10204282086642512_3098762994150643548_o.jpg

Blue bikes are better.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpf1/t31.0-8/10549206_10204282086642512_3098762994150643548_o.jpg

Blue bikes are better.

I see you have a harley and something that out performs the harley.  
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 4:22:04 PM EDT
[#47]
Current Erik Buell Racing (EBR) bikes.  Both with 185hp, still with underslung exhaust (side silencer exists for noise requirements) and in their first year of World Superbike competition they just scored their first manufacturers points, in the 6th race of season. Pretty impressive for a bike w/ zero race data in WSBK against the big manufactures that have been building, evolving and racing since the 1950's

1190sx

1190rx

Link Posted: 7/21/2014 4:24:55 PM EDT
[#48]
As much as I like to make fun of Harleys, it's not a made in USA thing, It's just an asshole thing.
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 5:18:44 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Blue bikes are better.

the 64 year old motor still works pretty good.  Can go 100 miles on dirt roads faster than most.

Link Posted: 7/21/2014 6:08:22 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Heh, you think thats bad. Try riding a spyder. But idgaf i wave to any motorcycles that pass me. Funny its the harleys i get the least waves returned from..most BMW and metric guys wave though.

View Quote

Yep we have an RT Spyder and its pretty funny whenever we stop. If it is a single Harley rider then normally they come over and talk about our bike. If they are in a large group then most of the time they won't migrate out of their group.

I've had Harley riders who see my garage open and the Spyder sitting there stop by the house and want to find out more about it. Most of them have been older and really wanting to change because they are tired of lugging a heavy bike around.

We ride with Harley's, Goldwings and anyone else who likes to ride. As long as you ride, we don't care what you ride.
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top