BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 31
Link Posted: 7/18/2014 1:05:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I've seen guys in that condition after climbing a set of stairs.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
"I can't breathe, I can't breathe, I can't breathe."

The most mportant function of life was deprived of him, that's what killed him.  The cops were probably unaware that he needed that to live.

In order to say "I can't breathe, I can't breathe, I can't breathe.",
you need to be breathing...
speaking is a clear indicator of breathing.

His unfortunate, accidental death was a direct result of his fighting with the LEOs.

If all you can speak is words and phrases you are not breathing sufficently.

I've seen guys in that condition after climbing a set of stairs.

I've seen folks in that state after (eventually) standing up.  
Link Posted: 7/18/2014 1:07:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

That's not what Texas statute says. There is a time to resist arrest by law enforcement and here, it's outlined in the law as when the arrest is unlawful or to resist an unlawful use of force. It's up to you to know when those situations are but the idea that you should NEVER resist arrest is a load of crap.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
For the life of me I can't understand why you would ever resist arrest.  No cop has EVER said "Well he doesn't want to be arrested so let's let him go".  

Resisting is ALWAYS going to make it worse on YOU.  You are going to get hurt and get more charges.

If cops want to arrest you, you WILL be arrested.  Your only option is to fight it in court or possibly at the police station afterwards while having a calm conversation.

That's not what Texas statute says. There is a time to resist arrest by law enforcement and here, it's outlined in the law as when the arrest is unlawful or to resist an unlawful use of force. It's up to you to know when those situations are but the idea that you should NEVER resist arrest is a load of crap.

True
Plus what if the guy is a fake cop talking bullshit, you dont resit you die
Link Posted: 7/18/2014 1:09:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

The most mportant function of life was deprived of him, that's what killed him.  The cops were probably unaware that he needed that to live.
View Quote

So, he was saying he couldn't breathe... so what?

What should happen, a time-out? Everyone gets up, he catches his breath, someone says, "Game on!" and the fight resumes?
Link Posted: 7/18/2014 1:10:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/18/2014 1:11:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 7/18/2014 1:12:10 PM EDT
[#6]
NYPD wins again
Link Posted: 7/18/2014 1:12:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Believe it or not his death is a direct result of his actions.
He may not have agreed with what the cops wanted to arrest him for but he would have gotten his day in court.
All he had to do was put his hands behind his back and get charged with whatever they had on him.
Failing his arms around and refusing to be put in cuffs was not the right life choice for him.

Obviously the cops don't carry Tasers or his butt would have gotten lit up.
Also I wouldn't have used the arm around the neck as a method to subdue him.
Wether the cop was choking him or not it looks really bad and will result in a substantial payout to his family.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
He may not have agreed with what the cops wanted to arrest him for but he would have gotten his day in court.
All he had to do was put his hands behind his back and get charged with whatever they had on him.
Failing his arms around and refusing to be put in cuffs was not the right life choice for him.

Obviously the cops don't carry Tasers or his butt would have gotten lit up.
Also I wouldn't have used the arm around the neck as a method to subdue him.
Wether the cop was choking him or not it looks really bad and will result in a substantial payout to his family.

looks to me like his death was a direct result of getting choked to death.
Link Posted: 7/18/2014 1:13:22 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I went back and look the "choke" started at :39 seconds and was released at :51 a whole 12 seconds.

It is after the choke is released and he is on his side he is saying he can't breathe.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So you have a copy of the coroners autopsy report? Please share it with the rest of us.

OK...you win. He was allergic to concrete. That's what killed him.

I went back and look the "choke" started at :39 seconds and was released at :51 a whole 12 seconds.

It is after the choke is released and he is on his side he is saying he can't breathe.

If this was New Mexico i imagine they would have just put a couple mag dumps into him, shot him with a bean bag, then asked him to put his hands up and then asked him how he was doing and why he was on the premise that evening
Link Posted: 7/18/2014 1:14:17 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

He didn't choke him out.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Just speculating here!
I'd like to see the file of the Cop who jumped on his back & choked him out, I'll bet he has misbehaved before!

He didn't choke him out.

Ok excuse me, I'll fix it,
Choke him Down! Is that better?
Link Posted: 7/18/2014 1:16:47 PM EDT
[#10]
Just curious, are any of you clowns going to look up what defines a chokehold?  

I'll give you a hint:  That ain't it.
Link Posted: 7/18/2014 1:17:24 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Just curious, are any of you clowns going to look up what defines a chokehold?  

I'll give you a hint:  That ain't it.
View Quote

Yeah that was a love hold.

When I see family members I run up behind them and hug them until they have heart attacks of love.
Link Posted: 7/18/2014 1:17:28 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

With attitudes like your's, it's only a matter of time until we are all subjects....

He didn't resist shit until the cops decided to use bullshit excessive force.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
For the life of me I can't understand why you would ever resist arrest.  No cop has EVER said "Well he doesn't want to be arrested so let's let him go".  

Resisting is ALWAYS going to make it worse on YOU.  You are going to get hurt and get more charges.

If cops want to arrest you, you WILL be arrested.  Your only option is to fight it in court or possibly at the police station afterwards while having a calm conversation.

With attitudes like your's, it's only a matter of time until we are all subjects....

What video did you watch? He was clearly resisting before the choke hold.
I guess you saw his face being slammed into the sidewalk as well?
Link Posted: 7/18/2014 1:17:33 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
No, you just haven't run into the Right (or Wrong) Cop!
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

death for selling untaxed cigs.

seams fair.

The cop will get a vacation, then a promotion.
He died because he was an asshole looking for trouble, If he had complied he still would be alive   today. I'm the same age as the suspect with all my encounters with cops I have never been choked,

Shot, Tazed etc. know why? Because I'm not an malcontent trying to instigate drama.

No, you just haven't run into the Right (or Wrong) Cop!
Born and raised in California, lived there till I was 38, I've run into my share of ahole LEO's.

Link Posted: 7/18/2014 1:18:31 PM EDT
[#14]
Not only is the taxpayer on the hook for the coming jury award. We are gonna have to foot the bill for all the new desks all these clowns will need to do their 2 weeks desk duty for murdering the guy.
Link Posted: 7/18/2014 1:20:28 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 7/18/2014 1:21:56 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

When I think of resisting I think of punching someone, or pushing someone or kicking someone, not backing away with my palms out towards a person. Resisting means resisting. when I think of assault and negligent homocide I think of stuff like I just witnessed.
Link Posted: 7/18/2014 1:24:04 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

When I think of resisting I think of punching someone, or pushing someone or kicking someone, not backing away with my palms out towards a person. Resisting means resisting.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

When I think of resisting I think of punching someone, or pushing someone or kicking someone, not backing away with my palms out towards a person. Resisting means resisting.

Go on....
Link Posted: 7/18/2014 1:25:41 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Go on....
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Go on....

violent non compliance. assaulting a police officer, kicking and screaming and biting and stomping and you know, resisting.
Link Posted: 7/18/2014 1:28:19 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

violent non compliance. assaulting a police officer, kicking and screaming and biting and stomping and you know, resisting.
View Quote

So if you tried to arrest me and every time you grabbed my wrist to try and take control of me I broke free of your grasp and kept moving away from you, I would not be resisting your efforts to arrest me?
Link Posted: 7/18/2014 1:28:45 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

It is fair.

You sound like one of those liberals who complain about a woman getting killed by the police because she was speeding.

No, the truth is that speeding was the initial reason why the cop tried to pull her over.  She got killed because she ran from the cops and hit into a wall at 120MPH.

In both situations, the person caused their own death by making stupid decisions.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Exactly.

death for resisting seems fair.

It is fair.

You sound like one of those liberals who complain about a woman getting killed by the police because she was speeding.

No, the truth is that speeding was the initial reason why the cop tried to pull her over.  She got killed because she ran from the cops and hit into a wall at 120MPH.

In both situations, the person caused their own death by making stupid decisions.

Whose troll account are you?
Link Posted: 7/18/2014 1:29:58 PM EDT
[#21]

View Quote

Open hands - palms clearly facing up , If that shit happened here in Charlotte, NC it would be a really big deal... They about ransacked the courthouse when the police shot that guy running towards the cop for help
Link Posted: 7/18/2014 1:30:51 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

So if you tried to arrest me and every time you grabbed my wrist to try and take control of me I broke free of your grasp and kept moving away from you, I would not be resisting your efforts to arrest me?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Last time I checked that is called evasion. You can call evasion resisting if you If it helps you formulate an excuse to get it on.

Evasion is different than resisting. That is why it has its own word.

Sometimes tho you just got to get it on am I right?

Link Posted: 7/18/2014 1:33:38 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Last time I checked that is called evasion. You can call evasion resisting if you If it helps you formulate an excuse to get it on.

Sometimes you have to get it on am I right?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

S 205.30 Resisting arrest.
 A person is guilty of resisting arrest when he intentionally prevents
or attempts to prevent a police officer or peace officer from effecting
an authorized arrest of himself or another person.
 Resisting arrest is a class A misdemeanor.

Did the individual in the video resist arrest as defined by NYS penal law?
Link Posted: 7/18/2014 1:34:49 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

NYS Law

I hope this guys family sues the shit out of the NYPD... Sometimes it makes you wonder how cops 25 years ago got the job done with a six shooter and a notepad - These guys have every tool to there disposal to prevent situations like this. Maybe if they just tried talking to the fucking guy..i guess nobody does that anymore
Link Posted: 7/18/2014 1:35:37 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

All he had to do was submit to arrest.

The more he continued to fight the more the cops fought back.

He could have stopped at anytime and the cops would stop trying to force him into handcuffs.

I'll make it real simple for you brain surgeons.

When a cop tells you are under arrest put your hands behind your back and go to jail.

On the scene, right or wrong the cop is in charge. You get your day in court.

Better to loose the battle and win the war, than catch a resisting arrest charge or die, doing the funky chicken on the sidewalk.

Once you get processed through jail, get an attorney. They know the law better than you and 99.99% of the cops.

Sue the city and the cops for wrongful arrest and retire to beach somewhere.

Link Posted: 7/18/2014 1:37:24 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

NYS Law

I hope this guys family sues the shit out of the NYPD... Sometimes it makes you wonder how cops 25 years ago got the job done with a six shooter and a notepad -
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

NYS Law

I hope this guys family sues the shit out of the NYPD... Sometimes it makes you wonder how cops 25 years ago got the job done with a six shooter and a notepad -

They beat the fuck outa people and the courts didn't care?
Link Posted: 7/18/2014 1:39:38 PM EDT
[#27]

View Quote

Oh ok, that makes it ok then
Link Posted: 7/18/2014 1:39:54 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
He could have stopped at anytime and the cops would stop trying to force him into handcuffs.

When a cop tells you are under arrest put your hands behind your back and go to jail.
Better to loose the battle and win the war, than catch a resisting arrest charge or die, doing the funky chicken on the sidewalk.
Once you get processed through jail, get an attorney. They know the law better than you and 99.99% of the cops.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Only one side did any fighting in that video.

Yup cops are in charge I agree. Right up until they murdered the guy. Then they are out of control.
Link Posted: 7/18/2014 1:40:29 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

You are the one who implied cops got things done better when all they had was a 6 shooter and a pad and pen, not me.
Link Posted: 7/18/2014 1:40:40 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
When I think of resisting I think of punching someone, or pushing someone or kicking someone, not backing away with my palms out towards a person. Resisting means resisting. when I think of assault and negligent homocide I think of stuff like I just witnessed.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Resisting arrest is as simple as

Cop: Sir you are under arrest, put your hands behind your back.

You: No
The penalty for resisting arrest increases if the officer is injured.
Punching, pushing and kicking would be Assault.

The penalty for that increases if it is a police officer and then goes higher again if the officer is injured.
Like I said above get arrested, go to jail and then hire an attorney.

They know the law better than you and will keep you out of jail if possible.

Link Posted: 7/18/2014 1:42:19 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

If I tell you, "You're under arrest, now turn around and put your hands on the wall," and you don't, you're resisting.

Not mention, "resistance to verbal commands" is a major red-flag warning sign that a suspect is going to fight.

Start pulling your hands away and shit, forget it... you're going down.
Link Posted: 7/18/2014 1:42:56 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

I hope this guys family sues the shit out of the NYPD... Sometimes it makes you wonder how cops 25 years ago got the job done with a six shooter and a notepad - These guys have every tool to there disposal to prevent situations like this. Maybe if they just tried talking to the fucking guy..i guess nobody does that anymore
View Quote

Ugh... they did talk to him, who knows how long, since there was an obvious edit at 34 sec in. Looks to me like they were the calm ones. I only saw one guy yelling.
Link Posted: 7/18/2014 1:45:30 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

If I tell you, "You're under arrest, now turn around and put your hands on the wall," and you don't, you're resisting.

Not mention, "resistance to verbal commands" is a major red-flag warning sign that a suspect is going to fight.

View Quote

Please dont rape me.

Fire! Fire!!

Where is my rape whistle?
Link Posted: 7/18/2014 1:45:55 PM EDT
[#34]

Yep I learned early on in life, go peaceably, or expect an asswhupping.

Some people you just cant reach.

Link Posted: 7/18/2014 1:46:01 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
It sounds like he was fed up with being harassed by the police, at the beginning of the video he states he is tired of it.
What would it take for you to reach your breaking point?
View Quote

Hmmm lets see abiding by the law would be a great start, not resisting arrest would be pretty smart also.
But hey what do I know.

Link Posted: 7/18/2014 1:46:09 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Ugh... they did talk to him, who knows how long, since there was an obvious edit at 34 sec in. Looks to me like they were the calm ones. I only saw one guy yelling.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well i hope they feel good , got to go home and all that

Link Posted: 7/18/2014 1:47:32 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 7/18/2014 1:47:58 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

http://www.ushmm.org/lcmedia/photo/lc/image/85/85436.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You already jumped straight into Nazis? Well, you certainly have won this argument based on fact and logic. I yield.
Link Posted: 7/18/2014 1:48:03 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Like the guy I gave PTSD to.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
It seems a near certainty that the agency will settle on the civil suit...

The city settles pretty much settles on anything.

Like the guy I gave PTSD to.

Had I known, I would have claim PTSD from your posts and sued the city. We could have split the settlement.
Link Posted: 7/18/2014 1:48:33 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Please dont rape me.

Fire! Fire!!

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Please dont rape me.

Fire! Fire!!

Frankly, watching the video, I was struck by how much "kinder and gentler" police work has gotten in 25 years.
Link Posted: 7/18/2014 1:48:43 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote

Screaming "I can't breath" is a pretty easy way to say "I am breathing".
Link Posted: 7/18/2014 1:49:16 PM EDT
[#42]
<Removed.  --tbk1>
Link Posted: 7/18/2014 1:49:39 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 7/18/2014 1:51:05 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
I've watched almost every episode of COPS so I've learned that if you can say "I can't breathe" you can breathe.

Also if you have any health problems don't resist and fight with the police.
View Quote

If you didn't have them before, you will.
Link Posted: 7/18/2014 1:51:16 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Sometimes it makes you wonder how cops 25 years ago got the job done with a six shooter and a notepad...
View Quote

I was on the NYPD almost 25 years ago. Had a six-shooter and a notepad. Back then, that guy would have gotten the ever lovin' shit kicked out of him.
Link Posted: 7/18/2014 1:53:17 PM EDT
[#46]
When you get a bunch of officers on somebody you get a combination of some trying to hold him still, some trying to move him one direction and some trying to move him another direction.

We had (two of us) a guy up against the side of a car one night with each of us holding an arm behind his back and getting ready to put cuffs on him when another officer jumps in, grabs the guy around the neck and start yanking him away from the car.  Two of us pushing him against the car, one officer pulling him away from the car (by the head/neck) and no amount of us shouting that we had him made any difference.  Finally I hollered at my partner to let the guy go before the other guy broke his neck.  We let go and the other officer dragged/yanked/choked the guy all around the parking lot for a couple minutes before his partner came over and calmed things down.

Sort of like high speed chases and shoot outs.  The more people involved the more chance for things to go wrong.
Link Posted: 7/18/2014 1:54:14 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well because you think it don't make it so.
I think Nazis colonized the moon and are just waiting for a chance to start holocaust 2.

Link Posted: 7/18/2014 1:55:42 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Godwins Law on page 4
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Godwins Law on page 4

Well i usually resort to my favorite NWA song but i got in trouble for that last time

Link Posted: 7/18/2014 1:55:47 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Easy now don't get him to thinking, we can clearly see what happens when he does.
Link Posted: 7/18/2014 1:56:04 PM EDT
[#50]
If you can talk, you can breathe.
Page / 31
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top