BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 31
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 11:21:12 AM EDT
[#1]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Imagine what 40,000 cops who are properly trained could do?
View Quote

You should feel my nipples right now.

Link Posted: 7/25/2014 11:23:46 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

I don't blame them.  No way I would take any risks or do normal police work in a Dept like that. Can't wait to see the crime rates go up.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Maybe the active cops will finally figure out the benefits of drive and wave policing.

I'm fine with that.

Me too, it worked wonders for my career there.

I don't blame them.  No way I would take any risks or do normal police work in a Dept like that. Can't wait to see the crime rates go up.

Already is and the same people are crying about that too.
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 11:26:35 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
But seriously, I hated stopping cars, and rarely did. One of the easiest ways to get a complaint. No matter what the outcome (Substantiated, Unsubstantiated, Unfounded), it was going in your file, and it was going to be held against you.
View Quote

Yep, could even cost you a transfer to a good unit even though the complaints were made against "All white plainclothes officers working on that time and date" and you were on vacation those days.
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 11:31:24 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Yep, could even cost you a transfer to a good unit even though the complaints were made against "All white plainclothes officers working on that time and date" and you were on vacation that day.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

But seriously, I hated stopping cars, and rarely did. One of the easiest ways to get a complaint. No matter what the outcome (Substantiated, Unsubstantiated, Unfounded), it was going in your file, and it was going to be held against you.

Yep, could even cost you a transfer to a good unit even though the complaints were made against "All white plainclothes officers working on that time and date" and you were on vacation that day.

"You'll get your day in court."

Tasty.

Link Posted: 7/25/2014 11:50:46 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Tasty.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Tasty.

Worked out well in the end, if I had gotten that transfer I wouldn't have gotten hurt and wouldn't have a better pension than a retired Captain.
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 10:37:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Ruh Roh

Police are investigating whether a cop put a seven-months-pregnant woman in a chokehold while busting her for illegal grilling in Brooklyn — an incident caught on film.

Photos released Monday by an East New York advocacy group show Rosan Miller, 27, struggling with a cop who appears to have his arm around her neck.

The NYPD prohibits the use of chokeholds.

Officers went to the home over the weekend because Miller was grilling on a public sidewalk in violation of local law, cops said. But a melee broke out that ended with her, her brother and husband all in handcuffs.

The brother, John Miller, was charged with harassment and obstruction of justice. Her husband, Moses Miller, 34, was charged with resisting arrest and obstruction. Rosan Miller got a summons for disorderly conduct.
View Quote
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 10:40:58 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Ruh Roh

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Ruh Roh

Police are investigating whether a cop put a seven-months-pregnant woman in a chokehold while busting her for illegal grilling in Brooklyn — an incident caught on film.

Photos released Monday by an East New York advocacy group show Rosan Miller, 27, struggling with a cop who appears to have his arm around her neck.

The NYPD prohibits the use of chokeholds.

Officers went to the home over the weekend because Miller was grilling on a public sidewalk in violation of local law, cops said. But a melee broke out that ended with her, her brother and husband all in handcuffs.

The brother, John Miller, was charged with harassment and obstruction of justice. Her husband, Moses Miller, 34, was charged with resisting arrest and obstruction. Rosan Miller got a summons for disorderly conduct.

Good. I fucking hate people with grillz. Fucking trash. Glad to see some places outlawing that shit.

Link Posted: 7/29/2014 8:09:17 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Good. I fucking hate people with grillz. Fucking trash. Glad to see some places outlawing that shit.
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/30/2014 7:49:26 AM EDT
[#9]
Link

"Three cops at embattled NYPD precinct where Eric Garner died after chokehold disciplined over 'accidental' death"

A police review panel has recommended disciplinary charges against three Staten Island cops — all assigned to the precinct already under fire in Eric Garner’s death — for using excessive force and failing to get medical treatment for a 52-year-old man who died while in custody, the Daily News has learned.
View Quote
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 9:28:51 AM EDT
[#10]
Rev. Al takes mayor and PC to task over death

It was an extraordinary scene at City Hall — Mayor de Blasio sitting between his police commissioner and the Rev. Al Sharpton, facing tough questions about police tactics after the death of a black man arrested by white cops.
And at one point, Sharpton made it personal. “If Dante wasn’t your son, he’d be a candidate for a chokehold. And we’ve got to deal with that reality,” Sharpton told the mayor.
View Quote

“I would disagree in some respects with him on the issue,” Bratton said. “Training is absolutely the essential catalyst for, out of this tragedy, finding opportunity.”
Bratton said that he was drawing up a budget proposal to retrain all 35,000 members of the NYPD, with a focus on the 20,000 cops who routinely work in the streets. The training would take place a few days each year and cost “tens of millions of dollars” annually, he said.
View Quote

I love how Bratton says "retrain".
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 9:50:12 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 10:54:55 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

The medical examiner ruled his death was “accidental” due to a heart attack and acute intoxication from the combined effects of alcohol and Valium.

I don't see how that is "accidental". Sounds like poor health and bad life choices to me.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Link

"Three cops at embattled NYPD precinct where Eric Garner died after chokehold disciplined over 'accidental' death"

A police review panel has recommended disciplinary charges against three Staten Island cops — all assigned to the precinct already under fire in Eric Garner’s death — for using excessive force and failing to get medical treatment for a 52-year-old man who died while in custody, the Daily News has learned.

The medical examiner ruled his death was “accidental” due to a heart attack and acute intoxication from the combined effects of alcohol and Valium.

I don't see how that is "accidental". Sounds like poor health and bad life choices to me.

I don't see how it's accidental, either.  It looks pretty obviously caused by the violence with the cops.
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 11:36:13 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

I don't see how it's accidental, either.  It looks pretty obviously caused by the violence with the cops.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Link

The medical examiner ruled his death was "accidental” due to a heart attack and acute intoxication from the combined effects of alcohol and Valium.

No, no, no!

Don't you see?

They were saving him from a long life of discomfort and anxiety brought on by his weight and Crimethink.

It was for his own good, even if we can't see it.

Link Posted: 8/1/2014 12:28:20 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Link

+1
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 12:29:49 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Link

His behavior has nothing to do with it.........you must be proud of the ma baby didn't do nuffin crowd.

Arfcom GD = fuck personal responsibility
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 12:47:29 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

His behavior has nothing to do with it.........you must be proud of the ma baby didn't do nuffin crowd.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Link

What?
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 3:14:51 PM EDT
[#17]

ARDestructo:

View All Quotes

ARDestructo:

crwdplsr:

ARDe
structo:
What?

After re-reading your post it appears I have mis-construed it........I am sorry for jumping the gun........my apologies
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 4:07:46 PM EDT
[#18]
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2014/08/01/official-police-chokehold-caused-nyc-mans-death/13475451/
A New York City police officer's illegal chokehold killed Eric Garner
last month, and his death has been ruled a homicide, the medical
examiner announced Friday.

Officer Daniel Pantaleo and another
officer had tried to arrest Garner, 43, for selling untaxed cigarettes
on a Staten Island street July 17. Video shot by a passer-by showed
Pantaleo, an eight-year NYPD veteran, grabbing Garner around the neck as
he and his partner wrestled him to the ground.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/08/02/nyregion/staten-island-man-died-from-officers-chokehold-autopsy-finds.html

The
death was ruled a homicide; the autopsy indicated that Mr. Garner died
from "compression of neck (chokehold), compression of chest and prone
positioning during physical restraint by police.”

Mr.
Garner had several health issues: diabetes, sleep apnea and asthma.
Some of those ailments, as well as obesity and hypertensive
cardiovascular disease, were cited in the autopsy as contributing
conditions to his death.

Link Posted: 8/1/2014 4:19:22 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2014/08/01/official-police-chokehold-caused-nyc-mans-death/13475451/

A New York City police officer's illegal chokehold killed Eric Garner last month, and his death has been ruled a homicide, the medical examiner announced Friday.

Officer Daniel Pantaleo and another officer had tried to arrest Garner, 43, for selling untaxed cigarettes on a Staten Island street July 17. Video shot by a passer-by showed Pantaleo, an eight-year NYPD veteran, grabbing Garner around the neck as he and his partner wrestled him to the ground.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/08/02/nyregion/staten-island-man-died-from-officers-chokehold-autopsy-finds.html
The death was ruled a homicide; the autopsy indicated that Mr. Garner died from "compression of neck (chokehold), compression of chest and prone positioning during physical restraint by police.”
View Quote

He better hope he gets the usual Staten Island jury or bench trial.
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 4:24:45 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

A New York City police officer's illegal chokehold killed Eric Garner last month, and his death has been ruled a homicide, the medical examiner announced Friday.

Officer Daniel Pantaleo and another officer had tried to arrest Garner, 43, for selling untaxed cigarettes on a Staten Island street July 17. Video shot by a passer-by showed Pantaleo, an eight-year NYPD veteran, grabbing Garner around the neck as he and his partner wrestled him to the ground.

The death was ruled a homicide; the autopsy indicated that Mr. Garner died from "compression of neck (chokehold), compression of chest and prone positioning during physical restraint by police.

Mr. Garner had several health issues: diabetes, sleep apnea and asthma. Some of those ailments, as well as obesity and hypertensive cardiovascular disease, were cited in the autopsy as contributing conditions to his death.

View Quote

But nearly all the cops in this thread said it wasn't a "choke hold" and they also said none of the cops were compressing his chest. The medical examiner is obviously wrong.

All of the cops in this thread that stated the above should not be wondering why you have ZERO credibility on this board.
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 4:32:01 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The death was ruled a homicide; the autopsy indicated that Mr. Garner died from "compression of neck (chokehold), compression of chest and prone positioning during physical restraint by police.”

They'll be convicted of federal civil rights violations regardless IMO. Rot in prison motherfuckers!
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 4:34:03 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
They'll be convicted of federal civil rights violations regardless IMO.
View Quote

I predicted that on Page 1.
ETA: And on Page 19.
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 4:35:38 PM EDT
[#23]
The crow eating will be of epic proportions.
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 4:42:41 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Maybe served with a nice chianti?

http://www.cooks.com/recipe/eu9p3639/crow-casserole.html

1/2 dozen crow breasts

1 qt. sauerkraut

1/2 dozen strips bacon

1/3 c. chopped onion

In skillet brown the crow breasts, then place them on a 1 1/2" layer of
sauerkraut in bottom of a casserole. Cover each piece of meat with a
strip of bacon and sprinkle the onion over them. Cover the breast with
another layer of sauerkraut and pour sauerkraut juice over it. Bake two
hours in oven heated to 350 degrees.

Link Posted: 8/1/2014 5:03:47 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep....Holder and Obama won't miss this opportunity to score some points with their tribe. It's a slam dunk for them given the evidence.
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 5:10:25 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Yep....Holder and Obama won't miss this opportunity to score some points with their tribe. It's a slam dunk for them given the evidence.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wasn't the same thing said about Zimmerman?
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 5:26:01 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

With what evidence could they get a conviction in a federal civil rights violation case against Zimmerman?
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 5:29:02 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

But nearly all the cops in this thread said it wasn't a "choke hold" and they also said none of the cops were compressing his chest. The medical examiner is obviously wrong.

All of the cops in this thread that stated the above should not be wondering why you have ZERO credibility on this board.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The death was ruled a homicide; the autopsy indicated that Mr. Garner died from "compression of neck (chokehold), compression of chest and prone positioning during physical restraint by police.

Mr. Garner had several health issues: diabetes, sleep apnea and asthma. Some of those ailments, as well as obesity and hypertensive cardiovascular disease, were cited in the autopsy as contributing conditions to his death.

Medical examiner spokeswoman Julie Bolcer said Garner died from "the compression of his chest and prone positioning during physical restraint by police." Asthma and heart disease contributed to his death, she said.

Pretty vague cause of death. Did he die from a crushed trachea, don't see that mentioned.  Did he die from a heart attack? Compression of his chest?

I have watched the video and still see no excessive force. I see a big man who didn't want to be cuffed getting taken down and held down until cuffed.
The only issues I see is the cops should have had him sit up after the cuffing.

Does anyone have a better way to cuff a big guy that don't want to be cuffed other than taking him to the ground and holding him down till cuffed?

What's a good side dish for crow?

Link Posted: 8/1/2014 5:35:26 PM EDT
[#29]
Did they ever admit to an official position on why and how they initiated contact with him in the first place?
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 6:06:17 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Medical examiner spokeswoman Julie Bolcer said Garner died from "the compression of his chest and prone positioning during physical restraint by police." Asthma and heart disease contributed to his death, she said.

Pretty vague cause of death. Did he die from a crushed trachea, don't see that mentioned.  Did he die from a heart attack? Compression of his chest?

I have watched the video and still see no excessive force. I see a big man who didn't want to be cuffed getting taken down and held down until cuffed.

Does anyone have a better way to cuff a big guy that don't want to be cuffed other than taking him to the ground and holding him down till cuffed?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

"The New York City medical examiner announced on Friday that a Staten Island man died from a chokehold and the compression of his chest"

"An autopsy found that the manner of death for Eric Garner, 43, was homicide, the medical examiner said in a statement. While the report found that Mr. Garner’s poor health was a contributing factor, it was not the primary cause of his death."

Seems pretty straight forward to me. IMO in layman's terms, his bad health didn't do him any favors but he was done in by the actions of the officers.

I heard crow goes well with a side of you got served.
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 6:24:11 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

"The New York City medical examiner announced on Friday that a Staten Island man died from a chokehold and the compression of his chest"

"An autopsy found that the manner of death for Eric Garner, 43, was homicide, the medical examiner said in a statement. While the report found that Mr. Garner’s poor health was a contributing factor, it was not the primary cause of his death."

Seems pretty straight forward to me. IMO in layman's terms, his bad health didn't do him any favors but he was done in by the actions of the officers.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Again the ME qoute is very vague. What was the primary cause of death? Died from a chokehold? Really? well we all saw him alive and talking after the "chokehold" was released. We also saw him alive and talking after the officers had gotten off of him.
What is the primary cause of death. Positional aphixia? Heart attack? Crushed trachea? Respiratory arrest? These would be what is listed on the MEs report, not chokehold or compression of chest.
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 6:32:44 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Did they ever admit to an official position on why and how they initiated contact with him in the first place?
View Quote

Look up project "Broken Window".

Link Posted: 8/1/2014 6:35:58 PM EDT
[#33]
Well looks like I called this one over a week ago as a homocide. Though I called it murder, or negligent homocide at best, which is exactly what it was.

I cited Both the choke hold and chest compression as the probable causes of death as well.

You dont have to be a rocket surgion to know that trying to kill a person will lead to the persons death.

I mean it is an impossibly simple concept. Maybe it is to much TV that makes police think people can survive this kind of stuff.

Link Posted: 8/1/2014 6:59:28 PM EDT
[#34]

View All Quotes

Quoted:

Well looks like I called this one over a week ago as a homocide. Though I called it murder, or negligent homocide at best, which is exactly what it was.
I cited Both the choke hold and chest compression as the probable causes of death as well.
You dont have to be a rocket surgion to know that trying to kill a person will lead to the persons death.
I mean it is an impossibly simple concept. Maybe it is to much TV that makes police think people can survive this kind of stuff.

Link Posted: 8/1/2014 7:00:48 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Yeah. If the rules you followed got you here, what good were the rules.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
http://25.media.tumblr.com/664522406f97c930115e2fbb8dfb8287/tumblr_mzzmg5OiSL1qhhxd4o2_500.gifQuoted:

Yeah. If the rules you followed got you here, what good were the rules.

Link Posted: 8/1/2014 7:05:48 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Project Broken Window?
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 7:08:29 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
Project Broken Window?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Project Broken Window?

...or you could try Broken Windows Theory. Probably get more related hits.  

Link Posted: 8/1/2014 7:08:58 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Project Broken Window?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Project Broken Window?

I'd think projects and broken windows go together by definition.

Link Posted: 8/1/2014 7:10:07 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Project Broken Window?

Thinking like that is why you earn the big bucks.
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 7:26:46 PM EDT
[#40]
Whether you agree or disagree with the cops' conduct one thing is for certain -- one or more of them is going to be charged.
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 7:28:26 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Whether you agree or disagree with the cops' conduct one thing is for certain -- one or more of them is going to be charged.
View Quote

I dont think I would send any of them to jail.  I dont think any of them should ever wear a gun in an official capacity again.
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 7:32:50 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

I dont think I would send any of them to jail, but I dont think any of them should ever wear a gun in an official capacity again.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I dont think I would send any of them to jail, but I dont think any of them should ever wear a gun in an official capacity again.

I'm not saying one way or another. But this story now has legs with the death being ruled a homocide. The locals and Feds will both be looking at this and I wouldn't be surprised if they charged soon.
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 7:33:28 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Project Broken Window?

And the occasional account warning.

Link Posted: 8/1/2014 8:10:20 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

I dont think I would send any of them to jail.  I dont think any of them should ever wear a gun in an official capacity again.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'd send all of them to jail, for as long as possible.

Consequences is the only way to stop this type of shit.
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 8:54:43 PM EDT
[#45]
How many of you couch commandos have taken a 350 pounder into custody that did not want to be arrested? enlighten me with your superior techniques? Pretty please....
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 9:00:50 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Politicians and desk drivers give them the authority to do this crazy shit for minor infractions of the law.
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 9:22:12 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Project Broken Window?

Nah, taxpayers pay for them to get fixed right away.
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 9:23:06 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
But this story now has legs with the death being ruled a homocide. The locals and Feds will both be looking at this and I wouldn't be surprised if they charged soon.
View Quote

I knew someone was getting charged the day it hit the news. Anyone who's worked here knew that.
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 9:24:18 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Also maybe actually do something really crazy and actually train your cops in the first place on how you want them to do it. When you send someone out on the street with no training don't be surprised when they fuck up.

Quoted:
How many of you couch commandos have taken a 350 pounder into custody that did not want to be arrested? Enlighten me with your superior department authorized techniques? Pretty please....

FIFY
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 9:25:57 PM EDT
[#50]
double tap
Page / 31
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top