Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 84
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 1:21:00 PM EDT
[#1]
http://bigstory.ap.org/article/us-present-intelligence-data-plane-crash-0

They say the passenger jet was likely felled by an SA-11 surface-to-air missile fired by Russian-backed separatists in eastern Ukraine and that Russia "created the conditions" for the downing by arming the separatists.
View Quote
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 1:46:54 PM EDT
[#2]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I read an article today that stated, in short, that to put it cruelly, the attack was *not shocking enough* for the world's "leaders" to actually unite to do something, or to cause an outrage powerful and long-lasting enough to force them to do so. A grim point, but one that may be right.
View Quote

I don't think it is a question of shock so much as it is a question of interest.

1. Nuclear powers don't fight each other directly.  This was followed even at the height of the Cold War.  Once the US put in troop to Vietnam, the Russians limited themselves to spies and advisors.  Once the Russians put in troops to Afghanistan, the US limited itself to spies and advisors.  The Russians have put in troops in the Ukraine and we aren't going to get into a shooting war with the Russians for the exact same reason as this tragedy.  Fuck ups happen in war, and fuck ups with nukes are unacceptable.  So that leaves us to proxy through the Ukraine at best, and I don't think anyone has confidence in the Ukrainian army, even with western support.  So why get in when it is likely to be a loser?

2. Oil.  Until Europe develops alternate sources they aren't going to mess with their current supply.  The Europeans are thus not in a position to embargo the Russians and we aren't going in for sanctions without Europe to side with us.  

Tragic as it is, the loss of life is not worth doing anything major over.

Link Posted: 7/22/2014 1:52:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
1. Nuclear powers don't fight each other directly.
View Quote

You know that is a factually incorrect load of shit, right?

Bet me that I cannot find example of nuclear nations shooting at each others troops. I dare you. Bet something valuable, please.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 1:53:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Bet me that I cannot find example of nuclear nations shooting at each others troops. I dare you. Bet something valuable, please.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hello "India vs Pakastan".....
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 1:54:20 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Interesting spin in this article. Basically lays out a scenario that would implicate Ukraine and a possible false flag operation. Perhaps to draw in some stronger backing against Russian aggression. The video of the fleeing BUK launcher was not taken where the Ukrainians said it was according to the article and the time stamps indicate it was taken a day before the plane went down. I assume the time stamps could be erroneous or perhaps edited later to support a particular cause but I don't know enough about that to say one way or another.

I don't necessarily subscribe to this theory but find it interesting. All we hear from both sides of the story is or could be propaganda, who really has the most to gain or lose?

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-07-21/key-piece-video-%E2%80%9Cevidence%E2%80%9D-russian-responsibility-malaysian-plane-shootdown-debunked

View Quote
Uh, the pro-Russian separatists that shot down an airliner thinking it was a military cargo plane.

Link Posted: 7/22/2014 1:55:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

PRC and USSR also...
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 2:05:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

That's Obama's flexibility showing.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
@AP
BREAKING: US officials: Intel suggests Malaysia plane shot down by separatists, no link to Russia found.

The narrative once again shifts.

That's Obama's flexibility showing.

Link Posted: 7/22/2014 2:27:42 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I've read where the training to man a BUK launcher takes roughly two years to complete.

Now, who in the fuck believes Russians were not involved?
View Quote

That two years consists of 19 months of sodomy and 5 months of training.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 2:40:35 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I've read where the training to man a BUK launcher takes roughly two years to complete.

Now, who in the fuck believes Russians were not involved?

Russia... The only nation of white people with a sub-Saharan HIV rate.

Russians are fucking gay and also stupid.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 2:53:34 PM EDT
[#10]
So what happened to all the damning evidence that Kerry had? Lets watch the MSM forget the bold claims.

I bet Putin called Obama, put his ass in place and got Obama to be "more flexible"

Link Posted: 7/22/2014 3:36:44 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
So what happened to all the damning evidence that Kerry had? Lets watch the MSM forget the bold claims.

I bet Putin called Obama, put IT IN his ass in place and got Obama to be "more flexible"

View Quote

FIFY
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 3:37:15 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 3:56:45 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

It's true between us and the Russians.  That's all that matters.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 4:03:48 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Semantics, the link to the separatists by RU is all to clear.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
@AP
BREAKING: US officials: Intel suggests Malaysia plane shot down by separatists, no link to Russia found.

You can call it "semantics" if you'd like, what I see is the Kenyan giving them an escape route.  Diplomatically, of course.

He is being flexible.

ETA:  Watch as the MSM falls into lock-step on this.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 4:05:27 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Interesting spin in this article. Basically lays out a scenario that would implicate Ukraine and a possible false flag operation. Perhaps to draw in some stronger backing against Russian aggression. The video of the fleeing BUK launcher was not taken where the Ukrainians said it was according to the article and the time stamps indicate it was taken a day before the plane went down. I assume the time stamps could be erroneous or perhaps edited later to support a particular cause but I don't know enough about that to say one way or another.

I don't necessarily subscribe to this theory but find it interesting. All we hear from both sides of the story is or could be propaganda, who really has the most to gain or lose?

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-07-21/key-piece-video-%E2%80%9Cevidence%E2%80%9D-russian-responsibility-malaysian-plane-shootdown-debunked

View Quote

I have bad news zero hedge is an absolutely worthless site with credibility slightly below info wars.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 4:44:19 PM EDT
[#18]

that Borodai guy sure knows how to spin things

did he learn that from Baghdad Bob sure looks that way

I wonder if they ever will be able to string him up
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 4:49:23 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The Korean War for sure had Russian pilots fighting American pilots, supposedly so did Vietnam. I guess it's not technically US vs Russia but still.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 4:57:42 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

The Korean War for sure had Russian pilots fighting American pilots, supposedly so did Vietnam. I guess it's not technically US vs Russia but still.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It wasn't open conflict (lol) but one of our CIA helicopters shot down one of their biplanes that was attacking a (not ours) FoB.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 5:16:19 PM EDT
[#21]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Bloomberg News ?@BloombergNews  17m
Hollande prepared to cancel French warship sale to Russia

I think thats more of an empty threat and will only happen if the rest of Europe imposes real sanctions on Russia.
http://www.france24.com/en/20140722-us-uk-oppose-france-sale-mistral-warship-russia-ukraine-cameron/
French President François Hollande on Monday said the decision on whether to deliver a second Mistral warship to Russia will “depend on Moscow’s attitude” over the Ukraine crisis amid mounting US-UK opposition to the deal.

Speaking to reporters during a dinner the night before EU foreign ministers were set to meet in Brussels to discuss tougher sanctions on Russia, Hollande said a first warship was nearly finished and would be delivered as planned in October.

http://news.yahoo.com/france-tells-uk-look-london-oligarchs-damning-mistral-192121918.html
PARIS (Reuters) - France's foreign minister hit back at Britain on Tuesday, telling Prime Minister David Cameron he should do something about UK-based Russian oligarchs before questioning France's plan to sell Mistral helicopter carriers to Moscow.

Comrade Putin is pleased with your spirited defense of Mother Russia.  It brings him much happiness, like new pair of lifts for shoes.  

Link Posted: 7/22/2014 5:27:15 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

You can call it "semantics" if you'd like, what I see is the Kenyan giving them an escape route.  Diplomatically, of course.

He is being flexible.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
@AP

He is being flexible.

That "tweet" is not in context...

"Despite the fuzziness of some details, however, the intelligence officials said the case that the separatists were responsible for shooting down the plane was solid. Other scenarios - such as that the Ukrainian military shot down the plane - are implausible, they said. No Ukrainian surface-to-air missile system was in range.

"In the weeks before the plane was shot down, Russia had stepped up its arming and training of the separatists after the Ukrainian government won a string of battlefield victories. The working theory is that the SA-11 missile came from Russia, although the U.S. doesn't have proof of that, the officials said."

Everyone knows that Russia was involved, there just isn't any hard proof.  Yet.

Link Posted: 7/22/2014 5:37:52 PM EDT
[#23]
I don't think our side at least (the West) wants proof the Russians are actively involved.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 5:39:19 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I don't think our side at least (the West) wants proof the Russians are actively involved.
View Quote

Bingo.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 5:48:46 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote

unfortunately this seems to be the case

and it is a shame
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 6:04:13 PM EDT
[#26]
We are denying the truth.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 6:08:25 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote

Specifically, the Kenyan and Lurch will deny the truth.

The roots of the present situation can be found in the Budapest Memorandum.

The US and UK are being cowardly, and Russia is again taking advantage of our spineless leadership.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 6:08:42 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
@AP

Translated to say US is too pussy to call a spade a spade, and will do nothing about almost 300 innocents dead.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 6:12:10 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Translated to say US is too pussy to call a spade a spade, and will do nothing about almost 300 innocents dead.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
@AP

I bet Putin is wondering to himself what would happen if he sunk a Tico or Arleigh Burke...
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 6:15:54 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

I bet Putin is wondering to himself what would happen if he sunk a Tico or Arleigh Burke...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
@AP

He might have war.  Governments don't want to fuck with other governments.  Now, they can kill that government's civilians and just blame it on their idiot cousins.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 6:17:44 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

He might have war.  Governments don't want to fuck with other governments.  Now, they can kill that government's civilians and just blame it on their idiot cousins.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
@AP

I kinda doubt it, depending on how Obama lets them spin it.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 6:30:33 PM EDT
[#32]
We should give the Ukrainian military some of our anti SAM missiles.  Send some of those Russian faggots to a vodka less hell.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 6:40:31 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote

Don't we have a Russia reset button so we can forget about it? Let bygones by bygones.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 6:40:51 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
@AP

If that happened and we did not respond, I believe Congress would actually have to remove him.

They would not have much choice because it might actually wake up a bunch of stupid fucks in this country.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 6:54:02 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
Don't we have a Russia reset button so we can forget about it? Let bygones by bygones.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Do you mean the "overload" button?  Sending in the goddamn Care Bears to pass out love and friendship to all would be a step up from that ratfucking fiasco.

Link Posted: 7/22/2014 7:11:35 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Obviously it was a movie, but I seem to recall the missile that shot down the jet in the Owen Wilson war movie operated in a similar fashion as the buk is described.
View Quote

That was an SA-13, a much smaller weapon, but yes, the warhead functions the same.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 7:12:17 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

That guy has some other vids on youtube.  One shows a separatist "looting" a gold ring was actually putting it in an gift evidence box.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Before I post this I am going to say in no way do I believe the separatists aren't responsible  there bold italics and underlined so everyone gets it. so now that thats out of the way: http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=b94_1406035322

The only reason I post it is because its amazing how much is fed to us through media and kind of scary because who would know what to believe

That guy has some other vids on youtube.  One shows a separatist "looting" a gold ring was actually putting it in an gift evidence box.

Link Posted: 7/22/2014 7:22:44 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote

Do we need to enroll ourselves in a 12 Step Program?

Now that you mention it, it does make much more sense that the Ukrainian national military had this Big Assed Missile System [BAMS] deep inside this goon infested territory and took a shot at Putin's presidential aircraft as it flew from Warsaw to Moscow, after mis-ID'ing this aircraft from 10+ miles in front of it - and then had all of that pre-packaged audio ready to go.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 7:30:27 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Before I post this I am going to say in no way do I believe the separatists aren't responsible  there bold italics and underlined so everyone gets it. so now that thats out of the way: http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=b94_1406035322

The only reason I post it is because its amazing how much is fed to us through media and kind of scary because who would know what to believe

That guy has some other vids on youtube.  One shows a separatist "looting" a gold ring was actually putting it in an evidence box.

Link Posted: 7/22/2014 7:41:39 PM EDT
[#40]
Per Dr. Paul Craig Roberts, Asst. Sect. of the Treasury under Reagan, the fingers points to the Ukrainians.  http://www.paulcraigroberts.org/2014/07/21/guilt-insinuation-paul-craig-roberts/

The Russian government continues to release facts, including satellite photos showing the presence of Ukrainian Buk anti-aircraft missiles in locations from which the airliner could have been brought down by the missile system and documentation that a Ukrainian SU-25 fighter jet rapidly approached the Malaysian airliner prior to its downing. The head of the Operations Directorate of Russian military headquarters said at a Moscow press conference today (July 21) that the presence of the Ukrainian military jet is confirmed by the Rostov monitoring center.

The Russian Defense Ministry pointed out that at the moment of destruction of MH-17 an American satellite was flying over the area. The Russian government urges Washington to make available the photos and data captured by the satellite.

President Putin has repeatedly stressed that the investigation of MH-17 requires “a fully representative group of experts to be working at the site under the guidance of the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO).” Putin’s call for an independent expert examination by ICAO does not sound like a person with anything to hide.
View Quote
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 7:48:52 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Somebody may have beaten me to it, but it's my understanding that those Buk launchers were never intended to be used as stand-alone systems the way they apparently were. Each launcher is supposed to be just one element of a network of launchers, all linked to a sophisticated centralized fire control radar that is capable of interrogating and identifying aircraft within it's coverage area. A single launcher relying only on it's own targeting radar probably could only identify planes as pieces of metal in the sky. I'm convinced they fired on MH17 without so much as a clue as to what it was, like shooting at noises in the dark. They need to reap the whirlwind over this!

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So, the Obama administration once again is duped by Putin.

Those are NOT separatists, they don't need training, they are Russian troops who are already trained.

Putin knows Obama and at least half of the American public are a bunch of pussies and we won't do shit even though we know those are Russian troops.

Gives Obama an out.

...How the fuck do you not differentiate a giant ass airliner, with transponders and everything, from a military aircraft...

Somebody may have beaten me to it, but it's my understanding that those Buk launchers were never intended to be used as stand-alone systems the way they apparently were. Each launcher is supposed to be just one element of a network of launchers, all linked to a sophisticated centralized fire control radar that is capable of interrogating and identifying aircraft within it's coverage area. A single launcher relying only on it's own targeting radar probably could only identify planes as pieces of metal in the sky. I'm convinced they fired on MH17 without so much as a clue as to what it was, like shooting at noises in the dark. They need to reap the whirlwind over this!

Flying at 33,000 feet in a commercial airway is a pretty decent "clue".  I'd at least be nervous about it.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 7:56:42 PM EDT
[#42]
So how long until our gov is totally covering for Russia?

I would not be surprised to see more of the our gov running interception for them in the future.

Its like a switch was flipped from "We have proof Russia was behind it" to, "we will never know who really fired it". I wonder how far "we" go to the other side and start to implicate Ukraine like Russia is doing.

Link Posted: 7/22/2014 8:17:18 PM EDT
[#43]
Well, I guess that I was wrong.

Russia had nothing to do with this.

Zip.

I am sorry and I apologize.

Link Posted: 7/22/2014 8:21:56 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Per Dr. Paul Craig Roberts, Asst. Sect. of the Treasury under Reagan, the fingers points to the Ukrainians.  http://www.paulcraigroberts.org/2014/07/21/guilt-insinuation-paul-craig-roberts/

View All Quotes
Quoted:

The Russian government continues to release facts, including satellite photos showing the presence of Ukrainian Buk anti-aircraft missiles in locations from which the airliner could have been brought down by the missile system and documentation that a Ukrainian SU-25 fighter jet rapidly approached the Malaysian airliner prior to its downing. The head of the Operations Directorate of Russian military headquarters said at a Moscow press conference today (July 21) that the presence of the Ukrainian military jet is confirmed by the Rostov monitoring center.

The Russian Defense Ministry pointed out that at the moment of destruction of MH-17 an American satellite was flying over the area. The Russian government urges Washington to make available the photos and data captured by the satellite.

President Putin has repeatedly stressed that the investigation of MH-17 requires “a fully representative group of experts to be working at the site under the guidance of the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO).” Putin’s call for an independent expert examination by ICAO does not sound like a person with anything to hide.

So the Russians are claiming that it was a Ukrainian BUK, and ALSO a Ukrainian SU-25?   Even though no Ukrainian BUKs were actually in range, and the SU-25 has a max ceiling that's thousands of feet below where the 777 was flying?

I guess there are idiots who will buy it.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 8:25:53 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Zip.

View Quote

The government believes it was the Russians, but they don't yet have solid proof.

Why is that hard to grasp?
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 8:27:42 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

So the Russians are claiming that it was a Ukrainian BUK, and ALSO a Ukrainian SU-25?   Even though no Ukrainian BUKs were actually in range, and the SU-25 has a max ceiling that's thousands of feet below where the 777 was flying?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Da.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 8:35:16 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Da.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Da.

Or worse, people who have perfected the terrible mix of doomer cynicist to realize how fucking awesome life is in the US, and how fucking awesome the US is, despite our faults. They believe that we deserve to be worse than a third world country, and are so blinded by the trees of pessimism it becomes a feedback loop, even when they're living a better life than 99.99% of any human that has ever lived.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 8:38:37 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

The government believes it was the Russians, but they don't yet have solid proof.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Zip.

Because Obama is siding with the Russians and Alienating Europe.

Link Posted: 7/22/2014 8:46:18 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Zip.

You are both correct and I apologize for stepping out of line.

Oh, and I picked up that can.

I am feeling sleepy.

Link Posted: 7/22/2014 8:46:31 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Zip.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOR we aren't gonna reveal HOW we know.
Page / 84
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top