BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 26
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 6:35:32 AM EDT
[#1]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I find it interesting no one else but me called bullshit on his story.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Former Navy SEAL sniper Brandon Webb charges that some of his colleagues killed American citizens in New Orleans during Katrina’s aftermath.

SOFREP ("The Long Shadow Of Katrina: Military Snipers Engaging U.S. Citizens?"):

In early 2012, I had an unexpected conversation with my friend Chris Kyle (author of American Sniper) about the Katrina debacle. I had heard rumblings about Special Operations (mainly SEALs) snipers being deployed to New Orleans to support the effort to restore order. He confirmed the rumors and shared his own intimate knowledge that close contacts of his, many who were apparently still serving on active duty, took leave to work for the controversial PMC (Private Military Company),Blackwater.

Chris went on to tell me that the bulk of the guys he knew directly had racked up over thirty kills between them near and around the Super Dome. I asked him about Rules of Engagement, and asked, "Who were they shooting at,” and he just gave me a big Texas shrug and smile. I figured out really quick that it was 180 grains of due process (usually to the head at 200M).

http://www.outsidethebeltway.com/did-special-forces-snipers-kill-americans-after-katrina/

Ah hell it's no other than Brandon Webb who makes the claim.

Brandon Webb is a piece of shit. I'd forgotten about that bitch until now.

Some things are self-evident.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 6:44:16 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Why would you be quaking in your boots or not sleeping?  You have no personal exposure... You'll be just fine if your client is wiped out.  It's just business for you, and maybe a ding in your professional pride.  Off to the next case.

I don't want to talk about my suit.  I had the science and the medicine on my side... And it didn't matter.  I'm more jaded about our legal processes now than I've ever been.... And that's saying something.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I was sued, I have a judgment against the people who sued me Never collected on it. I did insurance defense work for years and had to sit next to  people quaking in their boots, afraid the judgment would exceed the policy. I bet I had more sleepless nights than they did.  

Did you take a case to verdict? You don't know really know,bad until you're sitting waiting for a jury to come back with a verdict that could break someone or send them to prison.

Why would you be quaking in your boots or not sleeping?  You have no personal exposure... You'll be just fine if your client is wiped out.  It's just business for you, and maybe a ding in your professional pride.  Off to the next case.

I don't want to talk about my suit.  I had the science and the medicine on my side... And it didn't matter.  I'm more jaded about our legal processes now than I've ever been.... And that's saying something.  

I know exactly how you feel.

Just finished 5 years of hell myself.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 6:54:03 AM EDT
[#3]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Best I can recollect JV stated in his book I read in HS that only properly trained folks like him should have AR's so fuck him.  I have not liked him for a long time.
You don't have to look that hard to find reason to despise Ventura. http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2010/04/22/jeffrey-scott-shapiro-jesse-venture-book-lies-truthers-ground-zero-sept-shame/  

True, but I started early.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 7:54:38 AM EDT
[#4]
Jury Reconvenes In Ventura Defamation Case

T. PAUL, Minn. (AP) — Jurors have reconvened in St. Paul to deliberate on whether a late famed military sniper defamed former Minnesota Gov. Jesse Ventura in his best-selling memoir.

Jurors received the case midday Tuesday, and they deliberated for about 4½ hours. They reconvened about 9 a.m. Wednesday.
View Quote

http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2014/07/23/jury-to-reconvene-in-ventura-defamation-case/
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 8:00:34 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 8:04:52 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 8:29:58 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Ventura is probably going to sue you next  

Let me know when there's a verdict. I'm sure they will at least stay long enough to get the free juror lunch  I actually had a jury do that. It was a simple case they got at 9am or so the minute they were done with lunch they came out with a verdict, lol
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bs762rECcAAdIHQ.jpg

T. PAUL, Minn. (AP) — Jurors have reconvened in St. Paul to deliberate on whether a late famed military sniper defamed former Minnesota Gov. Jesse Ventura in his best-selling memoir.

Jurors received the case midday Tuesday, and they deliberated for about 4½ hours. They reconvened about 9 a.m. Wednesday.

http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2014/07/23/jury-to-reconvene-in-ventura-defamation-case/

Let me know when there's a verdict. I'm sure they will at least stay long enough to get the free juror lunch  I actually had a jury do that. It was a simple case they got at 9am or so the minute they were done with lunch they came out with a verdict, lol

Hell, I was on a jury for a civil liability case once and we did just that so we could get dinner.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 8:35:04 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Hell, I was on a jury for a civil liability case once and we did just that so we could get dinner.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bs762rECcAAdIHQ.jpg

Heck, my friend's dad was on a jury years and they spend the entire first day just electing a foreman.  

This was in Memphis and two persons were determined to be it.  

"We straw boss now"

Link Posted: 7/23/2014 8:38:09 AM EDT
[#9]
Ventura says we went to war in Afghanistan to get $1 trillion in Lithium out of the country,

Link Posted: 7/23/2014 9:17:18 AM EDT
[#10]
So it's lunch time in MN right now, right? So we should be hearing a verdict in about an hour?
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 9:38:12 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 10:54:29 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 10:55:07 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
What time is it? Ventura probably doesn't have much time left after the bologna sandwiches are gone  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
What time is it? Ventura probably doesn't have much time left after the bologna sandwiches are gone  

LOL
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 11:06:11 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Ventura says we went to war in Afghanistan to get $1 trillion in Lithium out of the country,

http://youtu.be/4B3gSkTDBXo
View Quote

That is one stupid, stupid man.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 11:53:20 AM EDT
[#15]
Look like the jury has sent a second question to the judge.
Randy Furst @randyfurst     ·   22m    
Jurors have sent a 2nd question to Judge Kyle in Ventura defamation case. Attys met in chambers with Kyle. Attys won't say what question was
View Quote

Randy Furst @randyfurst     ·   40m    
Jury has deliberated about 7 hours  so far in Ventura defamation trial with still no verdict. Some speculation it might still come today.
View Quote

Randy Furst @randyfurst     ·   1h    
8 reporters at US Courthouse in St Paul waiting for Ventura verdict: TVs: KARE, KSTP, WCCO, KMSP; AP, Reuters, Pioneer Press & Star Tribune
View Quote

Edit to add: From earlier in the day...
Randy Furst @randyfurst     ·   5h    
Jury was scheduled to resume deliberating at 9 am today so we have to assume the jury's question was sent to judge Tues. before jurors left.

Randy Furst @randyfurst     ·   6h    
Because attorneys met with judge in chambers reporters do not know what the question was that jurors in Ventura defamation case asked

Randy Furst @randyfurst     ·   6h    
Jurors in Ventura defamation trial sent a question to Judge Kyle who met with attorneys at 8:15 am today to discuss how to answer it
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/23/2014 12:06:07 PM EDT
[#16]
Is "Fuck Jesse Ventura" a possible verdict option? Because I'd like to see that become public record.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 12:20:32 PM EDT
[#17]
Wonder what Aimless' take is on the 2 questions.  If that shows a slant toward either side.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 12:24:16 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 12:29:57 PM EDT
[#19]
Questions happen all the time. They fall in two categories:

1. Stuff that was explained to them in great detail already by the judges and lawyers, and

2. Stuff you're not allowed to answer, because it wasn't in evidence for various reasons.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 1:24:51 PM EDT
[#20]
Jurors in Jesse Ventura go home without reaching verdict

The jury in the Jesse Ventura defamation trial in U.S. District Court in St. Paul went home for the day at 4 p.m. Wednesday.

Their departure came two hours after they sent Judge Richard Kyle a second question. The question was discussed with attorneys for both sides, but attorneys would not say afterward what the question was.

It was the second time today that attorneys were in Kyle’s chambers.

They met with him at 8:15 a.m. to discuss a question the jury had sent him. That question was presumably forwarded to Kyle late Tuesday afternoon.
View Quote

http://www.startribune.com/local/268277442.html
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 1:35:06 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I wouldn't worry unless they go into Thursday, that might mean they are talking money, but you just never know.  
View Quote

Hmmmmmmmmm
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 1:44:06 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 1:50:53 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Seems like this should have taken 15 minutes and still ordered lunch.
View Quote

I would think as Aimless said, they're either talking money or they can't agree, meaning some idiot might be a big Ventura fan or something.  I know we're not sitting there at the trial seeing what the jury sees, but it is kind of hard to see Ventura's claim rising to the level for a Ventura verdict with all the testimony etc.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 1:54:42 PM EDT
[#24]
How ever it turns out it will be interesting to see why the jurors didn't see this as an open and shut case.

Edit to add: Like the previous poster stated it could be there is one loon on the jury who's on Team Ventura. Hope not. Hopefully the jury is just being thorough and taking their time going through all the testimony and reviewing on the information presented before laughing Ventura out of court.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 3:29:29 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

But now he is trying to get on the NRA BoD.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Former Navy SEAL sniper Brandon Webb charges that some of his colleagues killed American citizens in New Orleans during Katrina’s aftermath.

SOFREP ("The Long Shadow Of Katrina: Military Snipers Engaging U.S. Citizens?"):

In early 2012, I had an unexpected conversation with my friend Chris Kyle (author of American Sniper) about the Katrina debacle. I had heard rumblings about Special Operations (mainly SEALs) snipers being deployed to New Orleans to support the effort to restore order. He confirmed the rumors and shared his own intimate knowledge that close contacts of his, many who were apparently still serving on active duty, took leave to work for the controversial PMC (Private Military Company),Blackwater.

Chris went on to tell me that the bulk of the guys he knew directly had racked up over thirty kills between them near and around the Super Dome. I asked him about Rules of Engagement, and asked, "Who were they shooting at,” and he just gave me a big Texas shrug and smile. I figured out really quick that it was 180 grains of due process (usually to the head at 200M).

http://www.outsidethebeltway.com/did-special-forces-snipers-kill-americans-after-katrina/

Ah hell it's no other than Brandon Webb who makes the claim.

Brandon Webb is a piece of shit. I'd forgotten about that bitch until now.

Some things are self-evident.

But now he is trying to get on the NRA BoD.

Webb is such a ass clown he really needs to get thrown a couple good beatings tell he fades away into the obscurity he deserves.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 3:33:28 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Four and half hours isn't that long after however many days of trial, plus remember that Kyle's estate has several outs, the jury could find that kyle story was not true  but did not do it maliciously ( or something like that), or that Ventura wasn't damaged. I wouldn't worry unless they go into Thursday, that might mean they are talking money, but you just never know.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Surprised they haven't reached a verdict yet.
Four and half hours isn't that long after however many days of trial, plus remember that Kyle's estate has several outs, the jury could find that kyle story was not true  but did not do it maliciously ( or something like that), or that Ventura wasn't damaged. I wouldn't worry unless they go into Thursday, that might mean they are talking money, but you just never know.  

The jury was instructed not to determine whether the punching incident actually occurred just whether or not Ventura was harmed by the story.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 3:44:15 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

The jury was instructed not to determine whether the punching incident actually occurred just whether or not Ventura was harmed by the story.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Surprised they haven't reached a verdict yet.

Saw that as well and Ventura should be doing cartwheels.  How did Kyle's lawyers let that fly?  How can it be defamation if the incident occurred?
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 3:58:50 PM EDT
[#28]
The bias in this thread is interesting to say the least.  Me, I think both parties are/were attention whores.  Ventura is all about what will it do for "me".  Hell, he changed his name and did steroids to get that attention. Kyle seemed to like the attention as well, and embellished the truth and I'm sure lied about some things.  I think Kyle made up the story about punching Ventura.  They were both there, alcohol was involved, maybe some words were said.  I do not believe the story happened the way Kyle said it did.  If it had, I do not believe that Ventura would be fighting this thing, especially since Kyle died.  It will be interesting to see what the verdict is.  It is essentially a word against a word about the fight, whether Ventura suffered damages from it is the question that is up to the jury.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 4:10:49 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 4:13:25 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

How do you explain the witnesses and their testimony?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The bias in this thread is interesting to say the least.  Me, I think both parties are/were attention whores.  Ventura is all about what will it do for "me".  Hell, he changed his name and did steroids to get that attention. Kyle seemed to like the attention as well, and embellished the truth and I'm sure lied about some things.  I think Kyle made up the story about punching Ventura.  They were both there, alcohol was involved, maybe some words were said.  I do not believe the story happened the way Kyle said it did.  If it had, I do not believe that Ventura would be fighting this thing, especially since Kyle died.  It will be interesting to see what the verdict is.  It is essentially a word against a word about the fight, whether Ventura suffered damages from it is the question that is up to the jury.

Clearly he thinks they are all liars.  Super sneaky liars because they deliberately got together and each remembered the fight in different ways so their testimony wasnt the exact same.  Diabolical.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 4:15:07 PM EDT
[#31]
It's minny soda. Lots of fruit loops there

Heck they ELECTED  Ventura as GOVERNOR of their state!

Gr
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 4:16:29 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 4:17:08 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

View Quote

We are glad that you are finally here to get us all straight.

Link Posted: 7/23/2014 4:18:06 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You mean defense testimony that wasn't close to the original story, or do you mean the plaintiff's witnesses and their testimony?  
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 4:19:36 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Your very welcome as it is obvious that someone needs to do it.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 4:20:42 PM EDT
[#36]
Maybe the questions were something along the lines of "can we award $1 to the Plaintiff, and attorney's feeds to the defendant?".

More likely that Ventura's attorney's managed to get at least one Ventura moonbat on the jury.  I only know one person who likes Ventura - my wife's dope smoking, thieving, paranoid, crazy ass ex husband.   If they got one of those on the jury, you're looking at a verdict for the plaintiff (once the rest of the jurors just want to get the fuck OUT), or a guaranteed mistrial.  There will be no chance of talking any sense about the law to them by fellow jurors or anyone else.

Link Posted: 7/23/2014 4:22:21 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Post count, join date............
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 4:24:20 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 4:24:47 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thermite Witnesses?
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 4:25:19 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Your point is...............?
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 4:39:40 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 4:42:44 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 4:43:24 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 4:51:05 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 4:55:58 PM EDT
[#45]
Chris Kyle trial: Jury instructions in Jesse Ventura defamation case run 22 pages | OregonLive.com
The federal judge in the Chris Kyle-Jesse Ventura defamation case issued Jury instructions Tuesday that run 22 pages. The jury deliberated for 4 1/2 hours Tuesday and resumed deliberations Wednesday, with no sign they are close to a verdict....
View Quote
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 4:58:22 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Chris Kyle trial: Jury instructions in Jesse Ventura defamation case run 22 pages | OregonLive.com
The federal judge in the Chris Kyle-Jesse Ventura defamation case issued Jury instructions Tuesday that run 22 pages. The jury deliberated for 4 1/2 hours Tuesday and resumed deliberations Wednesday, with no sign they are close to a verdict....

They probably haven't deliberated at all.  Just read the instructions and elected a foreman.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 5:45:34 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 5:55:34 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

As far as I know the plaintiff had one witness and the defense had multiple witnesses.

The plaintiff's singular witness says hear has hearing issues.

The defense's witnesses, many, all put a piece of the puzzle together some of them them having very similar or the same recount of the night.

So how do you explain the witnesses for the defense?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You mean defense testimony that wasn't close to the original story, or do you mean the plaintiff's witnesses and their testimony?  

As far as I know the plaintiff had one witness and the defense had multiple witnesses.

The plaintiff's singular witness says hear has hearing issues.

The defense's witnesses, many, all put a piece of the puzzle together some of them them having very similar or the same recount of the night.

So how do you explain the witnesses for the defense?

I read that the defense had 11 witnesses and the plaintiff had 3.  I would take the witness testimony on both side with a grain of salt.  They've only had several years to get their stories straight.  If you don't think people lie in court then I have an alien space ship on the dark side of the moon to sell you.  
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 6:04:51 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
22 Pages?

What's that supposed to be?  A Democrat Masters' Thesis?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

The federal judge in the Chris Kyle-Jesse Ventura defamation case issued Jury instructions Tuesday that run 22 pages. The jury deliberated for 4 1/2 hours Tuesday and resumed deliberations Wednesday, with no sign they are close to a verdict....

22 Pages?

What's that supposed to be?  A Democrat Masters' Thesis?
I see what you did there

Link Posted: 7/23/2014 6:23:35 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 26
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top