Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 236
Link Posted: 7/6/2014 3:47:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Erika is hot.

I laugh every time Corey does the thing with the pistol where after he shoots he brings it back to his face and looks both ways. It may have tactical value but it looks fucking stupid.
Link Posted: 7/6/2014 3:56:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Blacktide:
Mr. H, this bio reads like one of your parody posts:

"I'm a NRA Range Safety Officer Instructor, Pistol & Rifle Instructor. Since 2001 ive had between 96 and 112 hours of training each year from some great instructors. So around 1,250ish hours of defensive handgun and Rifle classes. And also instructors classes, where you learn how to work with and build up the students. Also Army 11b. I'll have this all in detail on our website when it goes up. "

He should have added the amount of hours he has watched training DVD's.
View Quote

Seems legit.
Link Posted: 7/6/2014 3:58:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Mr. H, this bio reads like one of your parody posts:

"I'm a NRA Range Safety Officer Instructor, Pistol & Rifle Instructor. Since 2001 ive had between 96 and 112 hours of training each year from some great instructors. So around 1,250ish hours of defensive handgun and Rifle classes. And also instructors classes, where you learn how to work with and build up the students. Also Army 11b. I'll have this all in detail on our website when it goes up. "

He should have added the amount of hours he has watched training DVD's.
View Quote

How do we know he didn't?
Link Posted: 7/6/2014 4:00:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Screw all the jib jab...pics:

Stalker Status Achievement Unlocked

Link Posted: 7/6/2014 4:01:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: jukeboxx13] [#5]

Originally Posted By wreave:

Erika is hot.

I laugh every time Corey does the thing with the pistol where after he shoots he brings it back to his face and looks both ways. It may have tactical value but it looks fucking stupid.
View Quote
Cant knock his skills.
Link Posted: 7/6/2014 4:05:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 7/6/2014 4:06:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 7/6/2014 4:16:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Aimless:
To be fair lots of places teach something similar.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Erika is hot.

Reassessing?  That's taught everywhere, including in the military, to some degree.
Link Posted: 7/6/2014 4:21:26 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 7/6/2014 4:22:17 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By FlashHole:

Thread about some dude with a gun = 5 replies.  

Thread about the same dude and his hot girlfriend with a gun = 5 pages.

View Quote

You are wise, oh FlashHole.
Link Posted: 7/6/2014 4:43:05 PM EDT
[#11]
Erika is hot.

View Quote

Someone explain to me, why not just leave your arms/gun presented and search and assess? It seems you're just adding steps to have to push back out if you have something else to address.
Link Posted: 7/6/2014 5:16:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Bedouin2W] [#12]
Originally Posted By FNH:

Reassessing?  That's taught everywhere, including in the military, to some degree.
View All Quotes
Erika is hot.

But not with the doucheitude that Corey does it.

Is a new paper target going to reappear on his "range"?

ETA- maybe when he is reassessing he's looking for those drill corporals that saturate the AGs. I'd go AWOL/desert too if those guys got up in my face.
Link Posted: 7/6/2014 5:22:11 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By PineappleDevil:

Someone explain to me, why not just leave your arms/gun presented and search and assess? It seems you're just adding steps to have to push back out if you have something else to address.
View All Quotes
Erika is hot.

Bringing your arms into a high ready position allows you to more easily look around while keeping the gun pointed at the same direction.  You can also fire while pressing out if you need to.

But being aware is more than just a quick, robotic, left to right peak.
Link Posted: 7/6/2014 5:23:58 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Bedouin2W:

ETA- maybe when he is reassessing he's looking for those drill corporals that saturate the AGs. I'd go AWOL/desert too if those guys got up in my face.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Bedouin2W:
Erika is hot.

Lol yep

Link Posted: 7/6/2014 5:36:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: PineappleDevil] [#15]

Bringing your arms into a high ready position allows you to more easily look around while keeping the gun pointed at the same direction.  You can also fire while pressing out if you need to.

View All Quotes
Erika is hot.

I don't know about you guys but I can turn my head about 175 degrees whether my arms are straight out or pulled to my chest. It seems to me it'd be more efficient to have your arms already out, in your eyes' line of sight, then rotate your body if you need to to address a side threat. Here's how I break it down.

New threat in front of you: Arms already out and starting to shoot > being able to shoot from your chest or through the movement of extension
Threat from a side: Arms already out and in line of sight and turn/pivot > having to present your weapon forward again and turn/pivot

To each their own, just doesn't seem to have efficiency in motion since it's adding another step of extension to the mix should you need to address another threat. My arms aren't coming back in unless I'm 100% sure the area is clear. That is only accomplished after a search and assess.
Link Posted: 7/6/2014 5:42:29 PM EDT
[#16]

I don't know about you guys but I can turn my head about 175 degrees whether my arms are straight out or pulled to my chest. It seems to me it'd be more efficient to have your arms already out, in your eyes' line of sight, then rotate your body if you need to to address a side threat. Here's how I break it down.

New threat in front of you: Arms already out and starting to shoot > being able to shoot from your chest or through the movement of extension
Threat from a side: Arms already out and in line of sight and turn/pivot > having to present your weapon forward again and turn/pivot

To each their own, just doesn't seem to have efficiency in motion since it's adding another step of extension to the mix should you need to address another threat. My arms aren't coming back in unless I'm 100% sure the area is clear. That is only accomplished after a search and assess.
View All Quotes
Erika is hot.

I get what you're saying. But lets say your arms are full extended, you turn your head and see a threat.  It would be better, I think, to turn your body and press out at the target rather than swinging your extended arms around.
Link Posted: 7/6/2014 5:42:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Aimless] [#17]

Originally Posted By firedog51d:
Link?
View All Quotes

Originally Posted By skytrooper01:

Bout to take after Belzarian and start making gun videos featuring my Cat and hot chicks

Link?

If you wanna talk about a man to look up to, Danny is my hero

Link Posted: 7/6/2014 5:49:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Aimless] [#18]

View All Quotes

Bout to take after Belzarian and start making gun videos featuring my Cat and hot chicks

Link?

I like this guy.  He could be my friend, I'll allow it.

Link Posted: 7/6/2014 5:51:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Aimless] [#19]

Originally Posted By Cavscouty:

View All Quotes

Link?

Cory and Erica are obsolete if you were to be friends with Danny.. He has a 10 in his bed and on the range every night it seems

Link Posted: 7/6/2014 5:55:41 PM EDT
[#20]

I get what you're saying. But lets say your arms are full extended, you turn your head and see a threat.  It would be better, I think, to turn your body and press out at the target rather than swinging your extended arms around.
View All Quotes
Erika is hot.

you thinking controllability of your arms and overshooting the target?
Link Posted: 7/6/2014 5:57:54 PM EDT
[#21]
I think 99% of people watching could benefit from the youtube videos.

The other 1% should start training people for cash, if they're so good.

Don't ya think?????
Link Posted: 7/6/2014 6:03:29 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By LoneStoner:
I think 99% of people watching could benefit from the youtube videos.

The other 1% should start training people for cash, if they're so good.

Don't ya think?????
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/6/2014 6:28:03 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By sigshooter3:

Wow, now we are hating on MAC? And some people wonder why the anti's are able to get shit done. The gun community is far to busy bitching and whining about each other over stupid shit.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By sigshooter3:
Originally Posted By AKengineer:
Originally Posted By Moses_J:
Originally Posted By ToledoXJ:
I wonder how hard it is to do anything in the shooting realm without making a sea of haters.

Be yourself. Look at Hickok45. I've never read one bad comment about him.

Look at Jerry Miculek, MAC, or even Carnik.Most people don't hate watching anyone that is not a FUDD, neckbeard, or trying too hard to look "tactical".

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
"MAC" is now sporting Colonel rank badges in his videos. He's a colonel like Col Sanders   http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kentucky_colonel

Wow, now we are hating on MAC? And some people wonder why the anti's are able to get shit done. The gun community is far to busy bitching and whining about each other over stupid shit.

Tim does a great job with those videos and he knows his shit about guns but the Colonel rank is gay.  G-A-Y.  I threw him a little dig on it in one of his threads but he didn't take the bait.
Link Posted: 7/6/2014 6:31:39 PM EDT
[#24]

Originally Posted By jukeboxx13:

Cant knock his skills.
View All Quotes

Erika is hot.

Cant knock his skills.

lol

Link Posted: 7/6/2014 6:32:10 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 7/6/2014 6:45:51 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By DanishM1Garand:
Jesus people.

Dude got out due to some medical thing his recruiter told him to lie about. Lots of people "forgot" about the asthma that cleared up by the time he was 12.

The Lance Corporals and Corporals running the range at MCRD PISC had just about the same time as these two have. Train at anything for 4000 hours and you would be an expert in most peoples eyes.
View Quote

I think the issue is that he is using his "military experience" to make himself look like a better instructor.

If he got dropped from basic (30th AG is the reception station at Benning, so he may not have ever even started basic), then he has no military experience.  If all he ever did was 30th AG.. all he did was get really good at standing in line all day.

The people running ranges at MCRD aren't charging people a pile of money to teach them to shoot.

If I was ever going to pay for training, I'll go with guys like Haley and Vickers who learned what works and what doesn't in actual fire fights.  No way in hell would I pay anyone to teach me when their only experience is "I've taken a lot of classes."
Link Posted: 7/6/2014 7:01:22 PM EDT
[#27]

View All Quotes
Erika is hot.

While maintaining your lane on the square range firing line.

Real 360° assessment isn't "safe" so we go with what's easy to teach and cool looking.

Link Posted: 7/6/2014 7:03:53 PM EDT
[#28]

View Quote

Yeah, and I know this is unlikely but if the threat was close enough, they could grab your gun or arms. Or if you needed to shoot from retention/contact shoot it would be easier if the gun was already close in.
Link Posted: 7/6/2014 8:13:45 PM EDT
[#29]
Has anyone mentioned that she's kind of hot?

Link Posted: 7/6/2014 8:15:59 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By feudist:
Has anyone mentioned that she's kind of hot?

View Quote

Huh. Now that you mention it, she does have a rather nice bottom, doesn't she?
Link Posted: 7/6/2014 8:44:37 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By Finslayer83:

he was my 7th grade English teacher

View Quote

I'll bet that he is proud of your capitalization and punctuation.

Link Posted: 7/6/2014 9:05:45 PM EDT
[#32]

Originally Posted By wtturn:

lol
View All Quotes

Erika is hot.

Cant knock his skills.

lol

Yeah guys of his skill level are rare

never see anyone nearly that good at any local USPSA match on any given weekend

Link Posted: 7/6/2014 9:13:08 PM EDT
[#33]

View All Quotes
Erika is hot.

But, by bring the gun back in to your chest, if a threat presents itself, you can "push out" while pulling the trigger. Gives the fired round that much more OOMPH on the target.

Link Posted: 7/6/2014 9:21:23 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By GrandfatherCoyote:

But, by bring the gun back in to your chest, if a threat presents itself, you can "push out" while pulling the trigger. Gives the fired round that much more OOMPH on the target.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By GrandfatherCoyote:
Erika is hot.

adds another 20fps like stickers added 10hp to my honda?
Link Posted: 7/6/2014 9:22:07 PM EDT
[#35]

Yeah, and I know this is unlikely but if the threat was close enough, they could grab your gun or arms. Or if you needed to shoot from retention/contact shoot it would be easier if the gun was already close in.
View All Quotes

I see what you're saying
Link Posted: 7/6/2014 10:34:24 PM EDT
[#36]
I fail to see how having military experience is valid for being an instructor in weapons manipulation in there case.
Just about every instructor steers away from what they were taught in basic military doctrine for weapons
manipulation anyway. no instructor, military or not is teaching any kind of secret squirrel crap. its always evolving based on there personal experience as civilians now.

If someone has been trained by other reputable instructors which are already passing on what works and what doesn't,
taken pieces of that knowledge, and used it for there own way of what works and doesn't for them and passing it on, then i see no problem.

In the mean time there shooting tens of thousands more rounds a year than i am. I bet i can learn a thing or two off of what they learned
during there experience behind the gun.  They can probably correct many issues a shooter is having better than i can by watching them
and problem solve what your doing wrong.

But having said that, i think they appeal to a certain mass, especially new shooting enthusiast, Imo there pro second amendment, and are starting a nice family which I'm sure
wil end up in generations being pro gun. They test gear and equipment and do a breakdown based on a consumer perspective which i like.

there videos have helped get the SO involved into shooting which I'm grateful for.

i dont have any problem with them or really care what someone may have typed or not typed on the internet. i don't  personally know them or there story but i enjoy the void the fill in the shooting community
and they seem like nice relatable people.

Link Posted: 7/6/2014 10:50:08 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By FlashHole:
Thread about some dude with a gun = 5 replies.  

Thread about the same dude and his hot girlfriend with a gun = 5 pages.

View Quote

Why do you hate America?
Link Posted: 7/6/2014 11:03:25 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 7/6/2014 11:17:40 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By Shadow4Golf:
It seems that Cory isn't a Yeager/OSOE fangurl anymore.

Interdasting.
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=670068326405499&set=a.535859523159714.1073741828.247853951960274&type=1
View Quote

He may make some good gear, I just can't get behind a crooked convicted felon
Link Posted: 7/6/2014 11:28:34 PM EDT
[#40]

View All Quotes

Interdasting.
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=670068326405499&set=a.535859523159714.1073741828.247853951960274&type=1

who is a crooked convicted felon[?
Link Posted: 7/6/2014 11:28:55 PM EDT
[#41]
Wait, who is the crooked convicted felon?
Link Posted: 7/6/2014 11:29:07 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By joeil:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By joeil:

Interdasting.

John Willis, of OSOE.
Link Posted: 7/6/2014 11:30:33 PM EDT
[#43]
Ah, duh. Brainfart. Thanks.
Link Posted: 7/6/2014 11:40:14 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By SMT85:
I fail to see how having military experience is valid for being an instructor in weapons manipulation in there case.
Just about every instructor steers away from what they were taught in basic military doctrine for weapons
manipulation anyway. no instructor, military or not is teaching any kind of secret squirrel crap. its always evolving based on there personal experience as civilians now.

If someone has been trained by other reputable instructors which are already passing on what works and what doesn't,
taken pieces of that knowledge, and used it for there own way of what works and doesn't for them and passing it on, then i see no problem.

In the mean time there shooting tens of thousands more rounds a year than i am. I bet i can learn a thing or two off of what they learned
during there experience behind the gun.  They can probably correct many issues a shooter is having better than i can by watching them
and problem solve what your doing wrong.

But having said that, i think they appeal to a certain mass, especially new shooting enthusiast, Imo there pro second amendment, and are starting a nice family which I'm sure
wil end up in generations being pro gun. They test gear and equipment and do a breakdown based on a consumer perspective which i like.

there videos have helped get the SO involved into shooting which I'm grateful for.

i dont have any problem with them or really care what someone may have typed or not typed on the internet. i don't  personally know them or there story but i enjoy the void the fill in the shooting community
and they seem like nice relatable people.

View Quote

Man, that was almost painful to read. Rather than investing time and money learning to shoot, you need to put your resources into some adult education classes. There =/= their or they're.

As to what they/he may have typed on the internet, it goes to his credibility. He may have signed a contract with the U.S. Army to serve as an 11B, but he was never awarded the MOS, which only happens after passing the entirety of OSUT (One Station Unit Training). By claiming that he served as an 11B, he lied. If he'll lie about that in order to make himself appear to be better qualified, what else will he lie about or embellish? If he, himself, feels that his resume needs a lie to make him seem better qualified, don't you think you should question it, as well? One can surmise that even without his pre-existing heart condition, Cory Jackson would not have had a long career in the Army, an organization whose values include Loyalty, Duty, Respect, Selfless Service, Honor, INTEGRITY, and Personal Courage.

The simple fact remains, were it not for his wife's ass, YouTube, and a bunch of horny guys with more money than common sense, he would still be working the counter of some local gun shop, telling people that they should just buy a Mossberg 500 for home defense, because they'll only need to rack the slide and the bad guy will shit himself as he runs away.
Link Posted: 7/6/2014 11:41:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Cavscouty] [#45]

Cory and Erica are obsolete if you were to be friends with Danny.. He has a 10 in his bed and on the range every night it seems  
View All Quotes

Link?

Well, tell Danny that I hadn't even heard of "cody and erica" before just now.  If he wants a good layout shoot with my bearded face with cats and guns, this can be arranged.  eat:  SHit, tell him I actually trained with the Army, for like 12 years, it's totally cool, because I did.
Link Posted: 7/6/2014 11:49:17 PM EDT
[#46]
I find youtube gun celebrity threads to be quite fascinating.  In many cases they provide great evidence for the concept of the cult of personality.  If anyone criticizes them in any way, questions their background, or questions the value of their videos - they are "haters."   The greatest phase of these threads is when nut-huggers begin to defend these strangers at any cost, even using a very strange method which involves calling anyone who doesn't like them, "fat losers."  To these people, if you aren't a youtube gun celebrity there is absolutely no way you could be a shooter or in good physical shape.  The funny part is that the typical critic is generally a combat vet who has BTDT.

To the defenders - you don't owe cory anything. You know that right?  Or is he paying you to defend him?
Link Posted: 7/6/2014 11:52:54 PM EDT
[#47]

To the defenders - you don't owe cory anything. You know that right?  Or is he paying you to defend him?
View Quote

She does have a pretty great ass broseph.
Link Posted: 7/6/2014 11:53:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JohnBurns] [#48]
Originally Posted By www-glock19-com:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By www-glock19-com:
Erika is hot.

Cant knock his skills.

lol

Wut??
Not GM level???

I really did think the video with Ron Avery fixing his draw was pretty darn good stuff. Then again Ron Avery plays at  a pretty high level and does few videos.

If you missed this it is worth your time. So in retrospect some good, besides the hottie.

Science of the Draw

Edit to add: Ron Avery is a badass.
Link Posted: 7/6/2014 11:54:02 PM EDT
[#49]

View All Quotes

Yeah, true. I'm on board.
Link Posted: 7/6/2014 11:55:55 PM EDT
[#50]

View All Quotes

With seconds, of course.
Page / 236
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top