That'd be awesome.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By 30calTBLkid:
Originally Posted By Aimless:
Originally Posted By jmarkma:
Well he does have maybe 200 k wrapped up in a bunch of used cars Not surprised he's pals with the Strider guys. He does sound like a poor guy who came into money and bought a lot of dumb stuff that's basically worthless.  

He says at the end he trolls for fights to run up clicks and make money. We'll probably have to look at just deleting all his videos at some point and put him on the Cone of Silence list.

We need to quit posting his vids here over and over again imo.
Yeah the "set on fire" thread was posted by one of his little minions to troll. I'm thinking about banning links to his Facebook, YouTube etc  

That'd be awesome.

do yall actually think that stuff makes him any money? serious question

I don't know jack about how clicks/internet traffic translates into $$ but the claims seem dubious
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 6:31:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By MaxTheRabbit:

I don't know jack about how clicks/internet traffic translates into $$ but the claims seem dubious
View All Quotes
Well he does have maybe 200 k wrapped up in a bunch of used cars Not surprised he's pals with the Strider guys. He does sound like a poor guy who came into money and bought a lot of dumb stuff that's basically worthless.  

He says at the end he trolls for fights to run up clicks and make money. We'll probably have to look at just deleting all his videos at some point and put him on the Cone of Silence list.

Yeah the "set on fire" thread was posted by one of his little minions to troll. I'm thinking about banning links to his Facebook, YouTube etc  

That'd be awesome.

I believe that the top youtube partners get $1-$5 per 1000 views.

I'm not doing any more math than that.
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 6:44:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By KalihiJack:

The watch will never end.  Nothing is over! Nothing! You just don't turn it off! It wasn't my Hnnnnngggggg!
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Plattekill:
The Corey Watch continues... DAY WHATEVER.

Well, it started 7/3/2014.

The watch will never end.  Nothing is over! Nothing! You just don't turn it off! It wasn't my Hnnnnngggggg!

Thank you, Johnhnnnnnngggggg.

Serially, I just went back to check the "start" date on this puppy myself.  Really?  7/3/14?  So in a few days, we will be OFFICIALLY at two months this thred/bitchfest has been going on?  I'm no "tier-one operator", but I seriously suspect alot of y'all need to get a life.  Just sayin'...
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 10:56:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By John_McClane:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-AkD2v1vtN_o/UNCh4VwOcxI/AAAAAAAACys/hp8NQqe6NVg/s1600/sylvester_stallone_as_rambo_by_tomrutjens-d5c4l1c.png

Serially, I just went back to check the "start" date on this puppy myself.  Really?  7/3/14?  So in a few days, we will be OFFICIALLY at two months this thred/bitchfest has been going on?  I'm no "tier-one operator", but I seriously suspect alot of y'all need to get a life.  Just sayin'...
View All Quotes

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-AkD2v1vtN_o/UNCh4VwOcxI/AAAAAAAACys/hp8NQqe6NVg/s1600/sylvester_stallone_as_rambo_by_tomrutjens-d5c4l1c.png

I had a life but I had to quit because of my heart condihnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnng.
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 11:57:47 PM EDT
[#5]

View Quote

Wait, you decided to check to see how long this thread has been going, then decided you'd let everyone who is participating in it know that they need to get a life?

Lol.

Go back to life school.
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 11:59:14 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm glad to see this thread is still around.
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 12:13:19 AM EDT
[#7]

View All Quotes

NERD!
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 12:30:42 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Mister_H:

Wait, you decided to check to see how long this thread has been going, then decided you'd let everyone who is participating in it know that they need to get a life?

Lol.

Go back to life school.
View All Quotes

Lol.

Go back to life school.

No shit lol.
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 12:33:50 AM EDT
[#9]

View All Quotes

That'd be awesome.

If you post videos on youtube, you can get a share of the revenue created by the ads displayed on the videos.  There is a small amount people making 6 figures a year just from the traffic their youtube videos get.  That's why people spam links to their youtube videos all over the place and beg you to share it with friends and to subscribe.
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 12:40:42 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 12:43:38 AM EDT
[#11]
Most guys with money avoid this type of spectacle because of what it opens them up to.

"I'm a civilian in a civilian shooting school. I went to rappel off this ledge and got hung up on the pouch I bought. I broke my femur when I fell.  Willis said he was rich. I'm suing."
View Quote

I don't think anyone would try to do that to Cory though.

You can't really sue someone because they have a minor heart condithhhhhnnnnnnnnngggggggg
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 12:47:55 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 12:48:08 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By The_Hammer:

No shit lol.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By The_Hammer:

Lol.

Go back to life school.

No shit lol.

Hey, I have NOT been following this train wreck; that's the idea.  I clicked on the OP just to see the "start" date, & have been clicking from time to time to see "is this shit still going on? " kind of thing.
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 12:49:47 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Tohbii:
You guys need to find something better to do with your time than this witch hunt you're on right now. The guy came clean on video, leave him the fuck alone. Its kind of embarassing watching grown men get boners over harrassing some guy and his girlfriend. Its time to let the thread die. If you dont like him, dont go to his classes.
View Quote

Tohbii, no!!!!

Link Posted: 8/30/2014 12:54:18 AM EDT
[#15]
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By GrandfatherCoyote:
You guys need to find something better to do with your time than this witch hunt you're on right now. The guy came clean on video, leave him the fuck alone. Its kind of embarassing watching grown men get boners over harrassing some guy and his girlfriend. Its time to let the thread die. If you dont like him, dont go to his classes.

Tohbii, no!!!!

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-frAO4g9wCBY/U2HbEOXKbMI/AAAAAAAA-vo/1kGHZ9RFhkM/s1600/dog-scoot_4583806_GIFSoup.com.gif

LOL
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 12:57:31 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By dskeet:

There is a small amount people making 6 figures a year just from the traffic their youtube videos get.
View Quote

Unless they're smoking weed, they're not pulling down "six figures".
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 12:59:01 AM EDT
[#17]

You can't really sue someone because they have a minor heart condithhhhhnnnnnnnnngggggggg
View All Quotes

Most guys with money avoid this type of spectacle because of what it opens them up to.

"I'm a civilian in a civilian shooting school. I went to rappel off this ledge and got hung up on the pouch I bought. I broke my femur when I fell.  Willis said he was rich. I'm suing."

That, and the local governnnnnnngggggghhhhhhh

Link Posted: 8/30/2014 12:59:50 AM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By tcrpe:

View All Quotes

There is a small amount people making 6 figures a year just from the traffic their youtube videos get.

For some people, "six figures" is something like $1,000.67
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 1:03:43 AM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By TangoFoxtrot:

That picture brought back memories so i dug out my old Infantry School yearbook and scanned a few pages.

I remember Reception Battalion being a piece of cake and the food was great.

This is hardly the disruptive environment a normal person would run away from. It was easy.

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d138/tango_foxtrot/FM/2014/1.jpg~original

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d138/tango_foxtrot/FM/2014/2.jpg~original

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d138/tango_foxtrot/FM/2014/3.jpg~original

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d138/tango_foxtrot/FM/2014/4.jpg~original  
View Quote

Those pics are in my basic training annual.
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 1:05:11 AM EDT
[#20]

I shaved my head prior to showing up. I thought I was getting over. They made me sit in the chair and pay for the haircut.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By KILLERB6:
Originally Posted By PA452:
I don't remember nearly so many smiles and relaxed welcomes when I arrived at reception. We were getting bitched at right from the start. I remember a PFC trying to act tough with us the first night there.

This.

And I don't remember anyone smiling when they saw those clippers.

I shaved my head prior to showing up. I thought I was getting over. They made me sit in the chair and pay for the haircut.

One guy had his head shaved in my platoon to.
They him sweep up everyone's hair.
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 1:06:05 AM EDT
[#21]
I love that this thread is still going on, let the hate flow.
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 1:20:56 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 1:28:45 AM EDT
[#23]

Welcome back my friends;
To the thred that never ends;
We so wish you wouldn't attend;
Step inside, step inside.

Soon the Arfcom queen;
Butthurt devoid of vaseline;
Will at the '13er scream;
"Move along!  Move along!"

Link Posted: 8/30/2014 1:33:50 AM EDT
[#24]

Welcome back my friends;

Soon the Arfcom queen;

View All Quotes

Welcome back my friends;

Soon the Arfcom queen;

Dope beat.  I'm a rapper too.  We should collaborate some time.  

Link Posted: 8/30/2014 1:34:09 AM EDT
[#25]

View All Quotes

I'm not saying AWOL and dat ass are making that level of money, just that a small amount of people who do the youtube thing are making good money from it.
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 1:34:43 AM EDT
[#26]
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By GrandfatherCoyote:

Tohbii, no!!!!

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-frAO4g9wCBY/U2HbEOXKbMI/AAAAAAAA-vo/1kGHZ9RFhkM/s1600/dog-scoot_4583806_GIFSoup.com.gif

I don't know why but I can't stop laughing at that.

Maybe it is my micro valves prolapsing, but it hurts when I hhhhhhhhnnnnnnnnnnnggggggggggggggggg
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 5:04:19 AM EDT
[#27]

View All Quotes

There are a few exceptional people pulling in serious money from youtube videos.

That's why they are "exceptional".

Jenna Marbles, Charles Trippy, FPSRussia, et al.
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 7:51:44 AM EDT
[#28]

Originally Posted By Zaminsky:
There are a few exceptional people pulling in serious money from youtube videos.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Zaminsky:

My kid is very good friends with Trippy, since before he was a rockstar/social media darling.  He makes a metric shit-ton of money off youtube.  
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 7:55:01 AM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By Glock45acp:

There's something really off with these two. I can't really put my finger on it. They sure seem like they really have deep feelings for each other.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Glock45acp:
Originally Posted By realwar:
That guy that responded with James Yeager many pages back responds with a new video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=obpkAaVCC9w

There's something really off with these two. I can't really put my finger on it. They sure seem like they really have deep feelings for each other.

Nuts
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 8:13:40 AM EDT
[#30]
this thread reached 125 pages?
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 8:40:03 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 1fromtx] [#31]

View All Quotes

That'd be awesome.

I don't know about YouTube but I do believe he does get a lot of orders off stuff like this.
Bottom line is everyone admits he makes great gear regardless of what people think about him.

I think he's found a marketing nitch that's working for him.

Just think about it, just like watching the news, no one wants to hear someone made a great batch of cookies but everyone wants to hear the bad things happening.
People that may of heard of his stuff before threads like this but never clicked on his web site will do so just out of curiosity, some will then order.
Same goes for people who never heard of him or SOE, they'll read a thread,look at Facebook or watch YouTube vid's  then go to his site and some will make orders.

I had an online wholesale for a few years. Shut if down because I just didn't have time for it.

Online takes a lot of time to work correctly and working full time along with my wife and I having a storefront business ( she works a full time job also ) it was just to much.
Ton's of emails, packing orders phone calls. I just bit off more then I could chew. I was shocked at the amount of time it was taking. I pretty much thought it was get the order ship it
out, make money, enjoy.

The C.S. part is what took much of the time. I never went as far as he has, but I have cancelled more then a few orders and told the customer to take their business elsewhere.I told them I hated to lose their business but it would be better for them to buy elsewhere.
Some people are jsut asses and no amount of trying to give good C.S. work with them.

With my website, I could track where they came from to get to my site, what pages they looked at, what items they put in the shopping cart and if they took an item out.

So is he making money off all this ? Yes he is, no doubt about .

ETA:  Shit, I thought I was in the SOE  thread. I so confused.
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 9:37:55 AM EDT
[#32]

Welcome back my friends;

Soon the Arfcom queen;

View All Quotes

Welcome back my friends;

Soon the Arfcom queen;

I just read that to the sound of the music.
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 8:03:07 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By glazer1972:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By glazer1972:

Welcome back my friends;

Soon the Arfcom queen;

It hasn't ended yet. Any updates or is all quiet?
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 11:38:39 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By superdoc:

View Quote

Last I heard, Cory's micro valves are still prolasped.
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 12:14:34 AM EDT
[#35]

This.

View All Quotes

Originally Posted By PA452:

I don't remember nearly so many smiles and relaxed welcomes when I arrived at reception. We were getting bitched at right from the start. I remember a PFC trying to act tough with us the first night there.

This.

I cant believe we had to cough up $3 to pay for them. I assumed the haircut was free.  (ETA was in 91)

Link Posted: 9/1/2014 12:21:13 AM EDT
[#36]

View All Quotes

I can hear them prolapsing now...

Lub dub, lub dub, lub duhhhhhhhhhhnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnggggggggggggggg
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 12:27:17 AM EDT
[#37]
I actually don't remember paying for the haircut. I arrived there around midnight and we got haircuts that night. I remember they gave us a card that was basically a pay advance of $300 to buy some things that they were going to require us to buy, but I didn't think we got it that night. But, maybe we did and I just don't remember. The only thing I remember having to buy were running shoes. I remember being kind of pissed, because I came with shoes that I felt were fine for running, but they made me buy running shoes in their store anyway. Looking back on it though, the shoes I had might not have been such a great shoe for running; they were more like trail shoes, made by Merrell.
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 12:37:52 AM EDT
[#38]
Oh yeah, I was shocked that I had to pay for the haircut. I just thought it went with the whole deal. I showed up at basic with a Mohawk anyway so I was the first to get ragged out by the Drill Sgt. but anyway I thought there would be more Erica here.
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 12:49:26 AM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By smithc6:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By smithc6:

Lol.

It's funny because Cory always has ahhhhnnnnnnnnnnnggggggggggggggg
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 1:02:28 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Aimless] [#40]
@@

Link Posted: 9/1/2014 2:12:45 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Aimless] [#41]
@@@

Link Posted: 9/1/2014 2:21:44 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 2:22:32 AM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By realwar:
@@@  
View Quote

Why would anyone order anything from those clowns?
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 2:22:56 AM EDT
[#44]
Sorry, no more links to Willis' Facebook, YouTube, business etc. Just encouraged them trolling here for click bait
View Quote

Noted, I won't do it again.
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 2:24:13 AM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 2:27:16 AM EDT
[#46]
better that than locking accounts.
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 7:25:48 PM EDT
[#47]
Don't die stupid thread.
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 7:58:39 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By MontstrSp:
SOE Bragging video--"Look at my black cars!! I have 20 watches!! I set my laptop on a milk crate I found in a ditch! lolololol
View Quote

Think I found anther soe bragging vid

Link Posted: 9/1/2014 8:01:26 PM EDT
[#49]
I been had money.
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 8:05:15 PM EDT
[#50]
I'm all for not linking to any of those dickwads.
Page / 236
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top