Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 34
Link Posted: 9/10/2014 8:37:21 PM EDT
[#1]
I pray this simple prayer every night before i go to bed.

Now i lay me down to sleep

I pray to the Lord my soul to keep

If i should die before i wake

I pray to the Lord my soul to take.

Part II

Now i lay me down to sleep

I pray to the Lord THESE souls to keep

If i should die before i wake

I pray to the Lord THESE souls to take:

My grandparents, mom and dad, my late uncle, my late friend, my family members and kids

and now Brandon will be added to my list of souls to keep.
Link Posted: 9/10/2014 8:55:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Brandon, Christina and Aria,

You all continue to be in my prayers.  When you're going through something like this sometimes it seems crazy that all the people around you are just going on about their lives when your entire world seems to be crashing down around you.  I just want y'all to know that your family has deeply affected me and so many other people who have never even met you.  More people have y'all on their minds, in their hearts and in their prayers than you will ever know.
Link Posted: 9/10/2014 9:07:06 PM EDT
[#3]
I continue to pray and weep for you. I have asked the Lord to bring peace when the time is right.  I also asked the Lord for keeping you healthy and Lupus sucks and I know the flair ups can suck.  Hugs
Link Posted: 9/10/2014 9:23:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Just read yesterdays update and it sure is dusty in here.....  Hang in there Hayslips.  Prayers sent up in your names.
Link Posted: 9/10/2014 9:31:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Christina usually posts updates to the CaringBridge site: http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/brandonhayslip. There was an update just a couple hours ago. Brandon has been moved to a skilled nursing facility, but Christina is there with him.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Any updates?

Christina usually posts updates to the CaringBridge site: http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/brandonhayslip. There was an update just a couple hours ago. Brandon has been moved to a skilled nursing facility, but Christina is there with him.

Just got done reading today's entry and much like following yesterday's, it brought tears to my eyes.  I'm not sure what else to say other than I am still praying for a miracle for Brandon and his family at the same time I am praying to God to please show mercy to this beautiful family, in whatever way He decides is right.  I can't even imagine the heartache they're going through and frankly, being a dad and husband not much older than Brandon, it scares me to envision myself in the same situation.  I only hope I could find the strength of faith that Brandon and Christina have in the face of such a trial.  That is true strength.
Link Posted: 9/10/2014 9:38:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Any updates?

Thank you for the information! If I may do so. As someone that knows about dealing with cancer and help take care of someone who went thru cancer treatments that would be me...I had cancer above my right eye that had to be surgically removed by a Dermatologist and got results that it never spread anywhere else. My mother has A/L/L Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia Pre B Cell she's in remission since 2012 and fighting strong. All I can say is fight hard Christina and for Brandon he needs you the most.  I lost my uncle to Lung Cancer 4B he never smoked in his life after being diagnosis with it he died few days later he was ate up with it.

Prayers are sent from my loving family.
Link Posted: 9/10/2014 9:55:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Praying for your miracle to happen.  I'm also praying for peace, comfort and strength for all of you.
God bless you and keep you.
Link Posted: 9/10/2014 10:44:56 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Praying for your miracle to happen.  I'm also praying for peace, comfort and strength for all of you.
God bless you and keep you.
View Quote

This.

It was nice to hear that the weight of caretaking was eased for Christina by the move.  Prayers out for a miracle, health and comfort for the family.
Link Posted: 9/10/2014 10:51:47 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Page 25

Trigger information is toward the bottom of the page on the link above and pictures are also there.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Page 25

Trigger information is toward the bottom of the page on the link above and pictures are also there.

Page 26
Link Posted: 9/10/2014 11:14:25 PM EDT
[#10]
Christina, what a strong wife and mother you are. I hope that your Lupus issues resolve soon.

Romans 8:28
And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose.

What God's will is for each of us, and what parts we play in his grand design isn't revealed to us. But faith is ours and it is faith that keeps our world from crashing down on us in times of trouble. Continued prayers for God's will to be worked in Brandon's' life and your as well, as each day more of Brandon's purpose here on earth is revealed to you.
Link Posted: 9/10/2014 11:56:03 PM EDT
[#11]
Just read your update.Your fight continues to occupy my mind daily.Stay strong & may God watch over you and continue to give you the strength needed to fight this battle.
Link Posted: 9/11/2014 12:44:13 AM EDT
[#12]
Thank you all for continuing to follow our journey and taking time to write on this thread. I read each and every post as soon as I can. I wish I could reply to each of you that has shared a prayer or story of your own.  God bless!
Link Posted: 9/11/2014 1:17:46 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Thank you all for continuing to follow our journey and taking time to write on this thread. I read each and every post as soon as I can. I wish I could reply to each of you that has shared a prayer or story of your own.  God bless!
View Quote

Your husband comes first and same with your daughter like I always say family comes first! Hope you guys and ladies get to feeling stronger and fight hard! Good luck and best wishes!
Link Posted: 9/11/2014 1:55:29 AM EDT
[#14]
Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Though wise men at their end know dark is right,
Because their words had forked no lightening they
Do not go gentle into that good night.

Good men, the last wave by, crying how bright
Their frail deeds might have danced in a green bay,

Wild men who caught and sang the sun in flight,
And learn, too late, they grieved it on its way,

Grave men, near death, who see with blinding sight
Blind eyes could blaze like meteors and be gay,

And you, my father, there on the sad height,
Curse, bless, me now with your fierce tears, I pray.

Dylan Thomas

Link Posted: 9/11/2014 8:52:00 AM EDT
[#15]
This is very hard.  I don't know Brandon or Christina personally, yet I'm reminded too much of my Dad's fight with prostate cancer.  Has made it too hard to post anything here for weeks, even news of my donation at least a week ago.  But I needed to get this off my chest:

I lost my dad on July 4th, 2006, yet it feels like yesterday.  Raw, painful.

When he got news he had days to live, I'd just arrived in town for a belated Father's Day celebration (yeah, Happy Father's Day...).  Doctor told me & Mom that when they broke the news to my father, he'd said "Son of a Gun" (this is Lynchburg, VA, we're talking about).  Mom & I took one look at him and said "No, he didn't...he said 'Son of a B!tch.'"

I called my boss and told I didn't know when I'd return.  I took care of everything for my mother, 'cause she shuts down in these situations - chauffer (airport, hospital, etc.), maid, you name it, I did it (nobody else did).  I even cared for him in the hospital and in hospice (home) where I could.  At home, I was the caregiver 24/7.  The rest of my family were primarily lumps.  He had cancer in every bone in his body, kidney failure from a walnut-sized kidney, and shingles over the right side of his face.  I had to get very creative in how I cared for him, with all those issues conflicting with each other.

Mom counted down to July 4th.  Dad always admired Adams and Jefferson, and knew they died within hours of each other on July 4th, 1826.  I read to him from Robert E. Lee's letters to his family during the war.  He grunted when I told him I was going to buy him for Father's Day the shirt of Lee's picture with the caption "ROBERT E. LEE, MOST LIKELY TO SECEDE."

Dad waited to say goodbye to everyone, including my BIL (who arrived on the 4th), and for everyone to leave the room (right after the fireworks) before he left us.  Everyone THEN wanted to come together to support each other (after being so unsupportive before he passed), and that made me angry.  It took years to get over that and learn how to get along with my family again.

It didn't help that my Mom asked me to speak at his funeral.  I've had a number of people ask how I did that, and to this day I still don't know.  It also didn't help I lost my BIL 6 months later in a carjacking.  That's when I think I was pushed over the edge.  Cancer was one thing - murder was impossible to handle.  In 2006, I lost 3 people and had 3 major medical problems (precursor to cancer, walking with a cane for 3 months before my 2nd back surgery, and pneumonia).  Easily the worst year of my life.

It took years for me to figure out how to live again.  For the longest time I was just getting out of bed to avoid what I call the "slow form of suicide."  Being "strong" is a part of it, I guess.  But you also need to move, because staying still is too hard.  Better to be doing something.  But it also gave me a gift - how to look at the silver lining and take things in stride.  I'm more positive, laid-back, and appreciative of what I have (and what I  had).  I have a wonderful husband, had the most amazing father who touched so many lives, and the best friend (BIL) anyone could ask for.  I'm noticing I'm becoming more spiritual or religious (not sure yet, just letting everything sink in), and am allowing myself to remain open to the possibility of faith.

What's beautiful to see is Brandon's family, friends, and even strangers come together in love and support.  Feel honored that my measly contribution is part of that.  And that, although I'm crying, it's partly joy from witnessing such a positive outflow.  I just don't see that enough.

Christina, draw from your strength and let it sustain you.  But also allow yourself the time to grieve and find respite where you can.  Allow others to help carry you when you can't walk yourself.

Brandon, May God Bless You and Keep You.  You are one of the many here at ARFCOM that I keep in my prayers.

TL:DR - Lots of tear-jerker moments and positive comments for Brandon & Christina.
Link Posted: 9/11/2014 9:25:37 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Brandon, May God Bless You and Keep You.  You are one of the many here at ARFCOM that I keep in my prayers.

TL:DR - Lots of tear-jerker moments and positive comments for Brandon & Christina.
View Quote

Wow - thanks for sharing.  What a story, and an inspiration.

We're still all here thinking of you Hayslip family.  God bless you all today.
Link Posted: 9/11/2014 10:03:28 AM EDT
[#17]

Just read the last update.  Christina, let me know if you need anything.  I'm about 20 minutes away.
Link Posted: 9/11/2014 12:10:50 PM EDT
[#18]
Read the last update.

Prayers sent for you Christina and Brandon.  God can deliver that miracle.
Link Posted: 9/11/2014 12:52:36 PM EDT
[#19]
OP our prayers are with you and your beautiful family. I pray your family will be safe  until you're together again as a family forever.
Link Posted: 9/11/2014 3:57:38 PM EDT
[#20]
Just saw trigger #13 that my co-worker ordered.  They look fantastic
Link Posted: 9/11/2014 4:43:57 PM EDT
[#21]

Thank you so much for doing this Geissele.

Brandon and family my prayers are with you.
Link Posted: 9/11/2014 6:08:31 PM EDT
[#22]
I don't think I've posted in here yet, but I just want y'all to know I'm praying for your family. It took me a long time to truly find God, but I firmly believe He has a plan. I hope that is some comfort to you.
Link Posted: 9/11/2014 6:12:51 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

Thank you for taking the time to update us. God bless.
Link Posted: 9/11/2014 7:36:41 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

You all continue to be in my prayers.  When you're going through something like this sometimes it seems crazy that all the people around you are just going on about their lives when your entire world seems to be crashing down around you.  I just want y'all to know that your family has deeply affected me and so many other people who have never even met you.  More people have y'all on their minds, in their hearts and in their prayers than you will ever know.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

....Snipped for brevity, not to diminish or minimize your post miss_anthrope....

What's beautiful to see is Brandon's family, friends, and even strangers come together in love and support.  Feel honored that my measly contribution is part of that.  And that, although I'm crying, it's partly joy from witnessing such a positive outflow.  I just don't see that enough.

Christina, draw from your strength and let it sustain you.  But also allow yourself the time to grieve and find respite where you can.  Allow others to help carry you when you can't walk yourself.

Great posts Ladies....

Christina & Brandon....
Hope you guys had an "easy" day, ( assuming that's even possible)...
As always, you are all in my prayers.
Link Posted: 9/11/2014 11:02:23 PM EDT
[#25]
Praying for you guys.
Link Posted: 9/11/2014 11:20:21 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Praying for you guys.
View Quote
This.

Please keep them in your daily prayers, my friends.
Link Posted: 9/11/2014 11:39:58 PM EDT
[#27]
THY kingdom come, THY will be done. God, you know better than we what is right and best, not merely for our own ends, but for Yours and others.

Big hugs to Christina and Brandon.

There is no emoticon for tears like this. God, care for this family in time of need, using your instruments as You will.
Link Posted: 9/12/2014 6:25:45 AM EDT
[#28]
Praying for you every day Brandon and Christina
Link Posted: 9/12/2014 7:15:00 AM EDT
[#29]
Morning prayers sent for the day Brandon, Christina and Aria.

May your day be filled with love and peace!
Link Posted: 9/12/2014 9:26:05 AM EDT
[#30]

Continued support, prayers & positive energy for Brandon, Christina & Aria.
Link Posted: 9/12/2014 11:43:32 AM EDT
[#31]
Prayers sent from my loving family to yours! Best wishes.
Link Posted: 9/12/2014 5:22:21 PM EDT
[#32]
Best wishes to Brandon and Christina.

And thank you to Geissele for doing the trigger fundraiser.
I'll post a pic of #18 when it arrives.
Link Posted: 9/12/2014 5:23:12 PM EDT
[#33]
More thoughts and prayers for y'all on the way.
Link Posted: 9/12/2014 6:09:23 PM EDT
[#34]
I started reading this thread this morning and have read it and Christina's CaringBridge blog off and on throughout the day.   I have cried like a baby right along with so many others.

What has impressed me is the amount of kindness and support shown to a family most people don't even know.  When ARFCOM comes together for something, to show support, they and some of the sponsors show up in a big way.

My thoughts and prayers are with Brandon, Christina, and Aria.  

Thank you both for sharing your trials, your battles with us.   It serves as a reminder that most of the stuff we bicker and complain about are not that important, family is, and we need to enjoy their time for as long as the Lord allows.
Link Posted: 9/12/2014 9:35:38 PM EDT
[#35]
I apologize for not posting earlier.

I'm not to good with words for these sorts of things but if you could look int my eyes right now

you would see my feelings toward you and your family.

My thoughts and prayers are with y'all.
Link Posted: 9/12/2014 10:29:20 PM EDT
[#36]
Keeping you guys in prayer and thinking of you guys all the time. God Bless

PS thanks to the Geissele family for their support.

Link Posted: 9/12/2014 10:39:40 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Fuck cancer.

Stay strong and battle.  It's all you can do.
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/12/2014 10:43:11 PM EDT
[#38]
Read this passage last night with my son and thought of Brandon. This is the hope that warriors like Brandon rest with. Finish the race and keep fighting the good fight brother.

Romans 8 18-39

Present Suffering and Future Glory
18 I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us. 19 For the creation waits in eager expectation for the children of God to be revealed. 20 For the creation was subjected to frustration, not by its own choice, but by the will of the one who subjected it, in hope 21 that[h] the creation itself will be liberated from its bondage to decay and brought into the freedom and glory of the children of God.

22 We know that the whole creation has been groaning as in the pains of childbirth right up to the present time. 23 Not only so, but we ourselves, who have the firstfruits of the Spirit, groan inwardly as we wait eagerly for our adoption to sonship, the redemption of our bodies. 24 For in this hope we were saved. But hope that is seen is no hope at all. Who hopes for what they already have? 25 But if we hope for what we do not yet have, we wait for it patiently.

26 In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us through wordless groans. 27 And he who searches our hearts knows the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for God’s people in accordance with the will of God.

28 And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who[i] have been called according to his purpose. 29 For those God foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brothers and sisters. 30 And those he predestined, he also called; those he called, he also justified; those he justified, he also glorified.

More Than Conquerors
31 What, then, shall we say in response to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us? 32 He who did not spare his own Son, but gave him up for us all—how will he not also, along with him, graciously give us all things? 33 Who will bring any charge against those whom God has chosen? It is God who justifies. 34 Who then is the one who condemns? No one. Christ Jesus who died—more than that, who was raised to life—is at the right hand of God and is also interceding for us. 35 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall trouble or hardship or persecution or famine or nakedness or danger or sword? 36 As it is written:

“For your sake we face death all day long;
   we are considered as sheep to be slaughtered.”[j]
37 No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. 38 For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons,[k] neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, 39 neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
Link Posted: 9/12/2014 10:59:13 PM EDT
[#39]
Here is a passage that comforts me when things are tough and the future seems bleak.

Matthew 6:25-34
New International Version (NIV)

Do Not Worry

25 “Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes? 26 Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? 27 Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life[a]?

28 “And why do you worry about clothes? See how the flowers of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. 29 Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. 30 If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you—you of little faith? 31 So do not worry, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’ 32 For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. 33 But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.

34 Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.
Link Posted: 9/12/2014 11:04:43 PM EDT
[#40]
Praying for you, Hayslip family. God bless.
Link Posted: 9/13/2014 12:54:37 AM EDT
[#41]
I hope and pray you can enjoy this coming weekend with your beautiful daughter and wife! I'll keep praying for all of you!
Link Posted: 9/13/2014 8:01:15 AM EDT
[#42]
Praying for you!
Link Posted: 9/13/2014 8:17:30 AM EDT
[#43]
New update on the Caring Bridge link......
Prayers continue
Glad to hear Brandon is still smiling.....
Link Posted: 9/13/2014 11:08:59 AM EDT
[#44]
Christina,Thanks for the updates,thoughts are with you guys this weekend.
Link Posted: 9/13/2014 11:38:58 AM EDT
[#45]
Prayers to your beautiful family.  Please stay strong and God Bless you.
Link Posted: 9/13/2014 5:19:45 PM EDT
[#46]
god bless.
Link Posted: 9/13/2014 8:12:29 PM EDT
[#47]
Still praying!
Link Posted: 9/13/2014 10:39:18 PM EDT
[#48]
I'm praying for y'all. May The Good Lord comfort and sustain you.
Link Posted: 9/14/2014 2:23:28 AM EDT
[#49]
Praying for you and your family.
Link Posted: 9/14/2014 2:34:36 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Praying for you and your family.
View Quote
same
Page / 34
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top