Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 34
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 5:20:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Just saw BCM put this up on their facebook.
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 5:58:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Very happy to see this. Brandon wearing their hat has surely been seen by a lot of arfcommers!
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 6:10:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
View Quote

Thanks for the heads up
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 6:12:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I know Christina has her hands full right now, but since she's a member, she needs an avatar.

I have emailed 1 to you. If she likes it you could put it up for her.

Prayers continue for all of you.

EDIT: Can't figure out how to send the avatar via arfcom email, so here it is:

<a href="http://s1232.photobucket.com/user/usjet1/media/jeep.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1232.photobucket.com/albums/ff380/usjet1/jeep.jpg</a>
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Hi fellas, I am Jeep's brother. I just want to express my gratitude for the outpouring of support from this site! I am not nearly as popular around here as my brother, mostly due to the fact that I am an ass and argue with people too much. You guys have been so amazing. I wish you guys could know just how amazing of a man my brother is. He has been my hero and I have been trying to emulate him since I could walk. I am eternally grateful for everything you have done for my brother, my sister in law and my little niece

You guys rock!

I know Christina has her hands full right now, but since she's a member, she needs an avatar.

I have emailed 1 to you. If she likes it you could put it up for her.

Prayers continue for all of you.

EDIT: Can't figure out how to send the avatar via arfcom email, so here it is:

<a href="http://s1232.photobucket.com/user/usjet1/media/jeep.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1232.photobucket.com/albums/ff380/usjet1/jeep.jpg</a>

Thank you so much usjet, I'll ask my BiL to help me with the avitar
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 6:47:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 11:14:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 11:18:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Just saw the 9news piece on you guys. They said its on their FB hopefully that helps with the donations.

God bless
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 11:31:44 PM EDT
[#8]
Mrs. Miami_JBT and I just said a prayer for you and your family. We are praying for the best.... that God spares you and allows you to spend more time on Earth with your loving wife and daughter. We want to visit Denver soon and possibly move there. I pray that God heals you so we csn visit in person.

God Bless and Good Night.

Stay in the fight and don't give up!
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 11:32:46 PM EDT
[#9]

LITTLETON - In many ways, Brandon Hayslip's life is like a fairy tale. He is loved by his family, married the woman of his dreams and just became the father of a beautiful baby girl.

Still, the Littleton father is no stranger to hardship.

When Brandon was 29 years old, he was diagnosed with stage 4 colon cancer in November of 2010.

He and his wife, Christina, were devastated by the news but fought hard to stay positive. Eventually, Brandon's cancer went into remission. Having experienced first hand the trauma of fighting cancer, Brandon and Christina made it their mission to help others battling cancer.

"We were trying to make a big difference in their lives in a small, day-to-day ways," Christina said. "We would think back to when we were going through it and what would have been most helpful to us."

Brandon had been cancer free for several years when he and Christina decided to start a family.

Three days short of celebrating his 3 year anniversary of being cancer free, doctors told Brandon his cancer was back and aggressive.

A week after hearing the news, their daughter Aria was born. Brandon was at the hospital, but not at his wife's side during Aria's birth. He was in another unit, hospitalized as the effects of his cancer started to grow.

Doctors told the couple Brandon's kidneys were failing, so further surgeries were not an option.

"We're kind of looking at maybe a week or two, maybe a little bit more," Christina said tearfully.

Brandon is now home in hospice care, surrounding by family for the remainder of his life on earth.

The family spends every day making new memories. As devastating and earth shattering as the news is, Brandon says it's all about perspective.

"To be honest, I'm grateful for everything god gave me," Brandon said. "The gift of an incredible wife; that I got to see my daughter being born. I feel like despite so many difficult things there are so many blessings at the same time."

Support has been pouring in for Brandon, who's only concern is what will happen to his wife and newborn when he passes.

Link Posted: 9/3/2014 12:17:05 AM EDT
[#10]
Heavenly Father, we thank you for Brandon and his family. We thank you for the areas of our lives that needed sharpening by the example Brandon has impressed upon us all. We are all better for knowing him and his story. We thank you for healing, both physical and spiritual, we thank you for courage, peace, understanding, and for grace. We also thank you for the cross, and for the promises of tomorrow that your word gives us. We know that this world is full of pain and suffering, but we also know there is a place with no more tears and no more sorrow. We know there will be a day when we shall all be together again. In Jesus name. Amen

Goodnight Hayslip family.
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 12:34:50 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Heavenly Father, we thank you for Brandon and his family. We thank you for the areas of our lives that needed sharpening by the example Brandon has impressed upon us all. We are all better for knowing him and his story. We thank you for healing, both physical and spiritual, we thank you for courage, peace, understanding, and for grace. We also thank you for the cross, and for the promises of tomorrow that your word gives us. We know that this world is full of pain and suffering, but we also know there is a place with no more tears and no more sorrow. We know there will be a day when we shall all be together again. In Jesus name. Amen

View Quote

Amen.
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 1:57:23 AM EDT
[#12]
I know it's been a long time since we've communicated Brother and I remember when you first got diagnosed. You'll definitely be in my thoughts and prayers..Stay strong..

Jimmy
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 2:10:12 AM EDT
[#13]
I'm one of Brandon's local friends and he has always spoke very highly of this site.  I had no idea how wonderful of a community this is, you guys really rock!  He is the one that encouraged me to buy an AR-15 and I have ordered one of the Geissele triggers to remember him by.  

Brandon: If you are still reading this thread, stay strong man and I'm keeping you and your wonderful family in my prayers.

Figured this would be an appropriate place to share a video from the last time we went target shooting.  It was such an awesome day.

*Edit: youtube bbcode doesn't seem to work, trying direct link instead.
http://youtu.be/lg_UDo1GaD8
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 2:14:23 AM EDT
[#14]
Playback outside of youtube disabled by user.

Link Posted: 9/3/2014 2:17:11 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Jeep, I don't see any updates, and that's ok.

We pray that at this time Lord, you are with Brandon and family, that this time will be remembered not as a time of pain and suffering, but as a time of love, of sharing, and even laughter through the tears.

We pray Lord, that so many touched by this journey understand that these dark things are not your doing, that you receive your children as they return,
With the love of the Father for all his children.

We pray most of all for your touch upon this family, that they know your healing,

Even as this wound is open.

In Thy name, and for your glory.
Amen
View Quote

TRH.
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 2:21:24 AM EDT
[#16]
Double amen. Goodnight Brandon.
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 3:19:31 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

Thanked them and shared the link.  Them's good people in my book.
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 4:15:18 AM EDT
[#18]
I don't know what to say. People take so many things for granted. Brandon, I think you can rest easy knowing that your family is in good hands. God gives the hardest battles to only the toughest soldiers. I htink you classify as tough.

I work nights, but am on Arfcom all the time. If I can EVER do ANYTHING for you or your family, please let me know. Even if you just want to talk.

Godspeed brother,

-Matt
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 5:28:57 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 7:10:06 AM EDT
[#20]
Kind of dusty in here this morning....

9 News segment on Brandon and Christina
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 7:13:14 AM EDT
[#21]
Kyrie eleison, Christe eleison.

May Christ Who died for you

free you from the death that never ends.

May Christ the Son of the living God,

set you in the ever green loveliness of His Paradise,

and may He, the true Shepherd

recognize you as one of His own.

May you see your Redeemer face to face

and standing in His presence forever,

may you see with joyful eyes

Truth revealed in all its fullness.

Amen.

Link Posted: 9/3/2014 7:13:56 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote

Amen. Thank you.
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 7:37:32 AM EDT
[#23]
To Jeep and Mrs. Jeep, Aria and the Rest of the Daimler Chrysler Family (I don't think that is accurate anymore btw),

I was working last night (firefighter/medic) on the lonely QRV (you end up in a station by yourself at night being basically a medic on an SUV to back up BLS ambulances). We had a terrific thunderstorm last night with a torrential downpour and the new (read terrible) wireless doorbell that the volunteers at the station installed last night kept going off. So not much sleep was happening. Anyways, I got to reading this thread and I thought I might chime in.

First and foremost, I wanted you to know I have been sending you all prayers since I first read about this. I can't put words down that explains how your situation has touched me. Especially given the fact that I see so many people in tragic circumstances and generally I am Teflon and not much tends to stick with me when I work. But for some reason it has. The two of you seem like you are terrific partners in life, which is something pretty rare. I have been married to my wife for six years and have been with her for almost 14. It is truly amazing to have had that kind of time with someone, and I am glad the two of you found one another early enough in life to have gotten to have at least the amount of time together that you have. It breaks my heart to know that it will most likely not be for another fifty years. But I do believe that God is with you, and that while this earthly relationship may not be for as long as either of you would have hoped for that you will have the opportunity to be with one another eternally.

Jeep, over the years I have seen a good number of people depart this Earth, and I have realized that you can tell a lot about a person by the other people that surround them. You have an awesome family, and not just those that are related by blood. You have tremendous friends and family around you all the time, constantly checking in on you and attending to your family. That speaks volumes about the person you are and your character. You must be one hell of a guy, and you should be proud of the type of person you are. There aren't nearly as many people like you as there should be.

Mrs. Jeep, each of us has a path to walk in life. I do not envy you the harshness of the path in front of you. But I am reminded of the footsteps in the sand story about Jesus carrying us when the path gets too difficult. Take solace in the fact that your faith is strong and that now you will have not only Jesus but soon your husband to look over you, guide you and carry you from above when times are the hardest. Also realize how inspirational you are to us mere mortals in marriage. My wife and I have been through a lot over the years together, your level of love is truly inspirational and makes me strive to be a better husband. Your actions are what most people just pay lip service to.

I often leave the homes of patients that have passed and I wonder whether the family will ever be alright again. I am certain that yours will be fine given some time. Jeep, you have given far more than you will ever take in this world and that is something to be truly proud of. You have touched more lives than you will ever know and you will have left a very deep impact on all the lives you have touched. You sir, have a legacy, and that is one hell of a thing to have. Though you have never met me you have touched my life and left an impression on me. My prayers for you and your family will continue.

Adam

To Jeep's Arfcom family, I'm nobody special and technically the worst type of 13'er, but I am really really impressed by you guys and how you all have stepped to the plate. I have been amazed how this place makes stuff happen in a lot of threads, but something like this is just different and special.
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 7:51:05 AM EDT
[#24]
I struggle for words at times like this, so will simply say you're in our thoughts and prayers Brandon and Christina.  

For those of you not tracking, here's my best estimate on the fundraising effort as of this morning:

• Give Forward: $41K

• Checks sent directly: $6K (that I've coordinated - I'm sure there's more)

• Geissele triggers: $12.5K (when all sold)

• The ARFCOM Raffle: ~$10K (my best guess - when everything is totaled)

Total: $70,000 for Brandon and Christina

While it hardly feels like a time to celebrate - I'm proud to be a part of the team here.  Great job everyone.  Please continue to share with your friends and family.  Wouldn't it be great to see $100,000 raised for Brandon's family?

- Travis

Link Posted: 9/3/2014 8:37:21 AM EDT
[#25]
The solar-powered airplane Solar Impulse can fly day and night without fuel. Inventors Bertrand Piccard and André Borschberg hope to fly it around the world in 2015. While the plane flies all day by solar power, it gathers enough energy to be able to fly all night. When the sun rises, Piccard says, “It brings the hope again that you can continue.”

Hope To Continue On

The idea of sunrise bringing us hope makes me think of Lamentations 3 from our Bible reading for today: “This I recall to my mind, therefore I have hope. Through the Lord’s mercies we are not consumed, because His compassions fail not. They are new every morning” (vv.21-23). Even when God’s people were in the depths of despair while the city of Jerusalem was being invaded by the Babylonians, the prophet Jeremiah said they had reason to hope—they still had the Lord’s mercies and compassions.

Sometimes our struggles seem worse at night, but when sunrise comes it brings hope again that we can continue. “Weeping may endure for a night,” the psalmist says, “but joy comes in the morning” (Ps. 30:5).

Thank You, Lord, for the hope You send with each sunrise. Your mercies and compassions are new every morning!

Grace for every day,
New hope for every trial,
And courage all the way. —McVeigh

http://odb.org/#

and for a good read

http://www.solarimpulse.com/en/

Still praying for you guys, Peace be with you!
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 8:48:03 AM EDT
[#26]
Just checking in with thoughts and prayers for the family.
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 9:23:50 AM EDT
[#27]
Still praying for you guys.  Stay strong - physically and in your faith in God.
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 10:28:13 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote

Really, really dusty in here.  Prayers up.  Box is on its way today.
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 11:20:30 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I'm one of Brandon's local friends and he has always spoke very highly of this site.  I had no idea how wonderful of a community this is, you guys really rock!  He is the one that encouraged me to buy an AR-15 and I have ordered one of the Geissele triggers to remember him by.  

Brandon: If you are still reading this thread, stay strong man and I'm keeping you and your wonderful family in my prayers.

Figured this would be an appropriate place to share a video from the last time we went target shooting.  It was such an awesome day.

View Quote

Unless I'm mistaken, you can't imbed youtube videos unless you're a team member.  Check your email and of course, log out and log back in.
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 11:23:39 AM EDT
[#30]
Prayers sent to you and your family.
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 11:30:05 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Brandon,

You and your girls are in the Geissele family's prayers.  I talked to Christina last night via IM and we are going to do a special Brandon, Christina and Aria Trigger.  I hope you will like it.

Gents,

Below are some pictures of this special trigger.  Its a Geissele Super Select Fire Trigger that has a picture of Brandon and Christina laser engraved on it.  There are 51 triggers and all are serialized.  00 and 01 are going to Brandon.  The rest Geissele will donate to those Arfcommers who will send in to Geissele a check or money order made out to Christina.  Geissele will then forward all the checks and MO onto Christina.

The donation amount is $250 (retail on the SSF is $320 so its a deal!).  Geissele will pay for shipping and include cool Geissele swag.  I ask that when you get your trigger you take a picture of it and share on FB, Instagram, Arfcom, etc with a link to the Hayslip Family's donation site.  This will help get even more donations for the Hayslip's.

Just call into the shop and ask for Kelsey.  She will be taking your name and address and reserving a serial number for you.  Right now its one trigger per person.

It makes me proud to me a member of this forum that is filled with a lot of generous, caring people who have donated through the Hayslip donation link.

BlackFox, a big high five to you!

WHG

http://i61.tinypic.com/33mrbf8.jpg

http://i61.tinypic.com/20z73fb.jpg
View Quote

Hello everyone, we just wanted to give everyone an update. There are still some triggers available, we have around 20 or so left. We have received a lot of questions about the SSF. It will not make your weapon full-auto unless it is installed in a full-auto capable M4/M16, and it will function just like our semi-automatic SSA when installed in a semi-automatic rifle. There is no rules, laws or paper work that come with owning one. We just wanted to clear some up based on a few of the questions we have received. We also want to thank those of you who have already donated!! Thanks everyone!
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 2:25:42 PM EDT
[#32]
Wonderful 9news story last night. I've been MIA for a while and didn't see this thread or I'd have been here much sooner; the courage of you and your family is absolutely amazing. Prayers from our family to yours- May God grant each of you peace.
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 2:51:48 PM EDT
[#33]
Thanks for taking the time to do the news segment.
If it brings more donations in, every little bit will help your two ladies!

How many of us actually have to "Hope for the best, prepare for the worst" - you two are an inspiration to us all.

prayers out.

Link Posted: 9/3/2014 3:06:07 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Unless I'm mistaken, you can't imbed youtube videos unless you're a team member.  Check your email and of course, log out and log back in.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 9/3/2014 3:19:48 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I struggle for words at times like this, so will simply say you're in our thoughts and prayers Brandon and Christina.  

For those of you not tracking, here's my best estimate on the fundraising effort as of this morning:

• Give Forward: $41K

• Checks sent directly: $6K (that I've coordinated - I'm sure there's more)

• Geissele triggers: $12.5K (when all sold)

• The ARFCOM Raffle: ~$10K (my best guess - when everything is totaled)

Total: $70,000 for Brandon and Christina

While it hardly feels like a time to celebrate - I'm proud to be a part of the team here.  Great job everyone.  Please continue to share with your friends and family.  Wouldn't it be great to see $100,000 raised for Brandon's family?

- Travis

View Quote

I would like to see 100K. I told my wife there is no reason for the members of the site not to reach that goal.
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 3:50:25 PM EDT
[#36]
Prayers sent, Trigger #13 reserved.

Psalm 48:14

"For this God is our God for ever and ever; he we be our guide even to the end"  

Stay strong Christina.  Aria, may you some day know the strength of your father, and Brandon go with God, may you be welcomed to the eternal kingdom.
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 4:04:01 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 4:17:32 PM EDT
[#38]
Prayers still heading your way Hayslip clan.

Brandon- you and your family have made a lot of us stop and take stock of things. It's a shame that it takes a life changing event to do so, but it happens just the same.

Having two girls myself, I can understand how your heart swells when you look at that beautiful girl of yours. Enjoy man, you earned it. You've been a rock for your family, and an example of how to be strong for the rest of us.

I once heard a sermon with the question "What if you woke up this morning with everything you thanked God for last night?". That came to me again when I read about your ordeal, and I thanked God for you and the bar you have set for me and others.

Your work ain't done here, not yet. Miracles do happen, and we are all praying for just that. Stay strong.
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 4:20:26 PM EDT
[#39]
Trigger #36
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 4:26:34 PM EDT
[#40]
Trigger #14
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 4:33:59 PM EDT
[#41]
Trigger # 22
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 6:41:11 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Hello everyone, we just wanted to give everyone an update. There are still some triggers available, we have around 20 or so left. We have received a lot of questions about the SSF. It will not make your weapon full-auto unless it is installed in a full-auto capable M4/M16, and it will function just like our semi-automatic SSA when installed in a semi-automatic rifle. There is no rules, laws or paper work that come with owning one. We just wanted to clear some up based on a few of the questions we have received. We also want to thank those of you who have already donated!! Thanks everyone!
View Quote

And they are open 7:30 to 5:30 EST.
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 8:01:36 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

View Quote
I am praying for them.  I just love how you are so strong Brandon.  You have changed my life.  I call you a friend when I speak of you because we are brothers in Christ. I can not wait to meet you outside of time.  
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 8:59:39 PM EDT
[#44]
Trigger #33 in mine.

Kelsey/Geissele  

Work hit me the moment I walked in this morning and was not able to get to the post office today, that said I will make damn sure a M/O is sent to you tomorrow in Christiana's name via overnight.

Thanks for doing this.
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 9:09:56 PM EDT
[#45]
Tonight in Knoxville we are praying for you Brandon and your entire family.

Romans 1:16-17

16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God that brings salvation to everyone who believes: first to the Jew, then to the Gentile. 17 For in the gospel the righteousness of God is revealed—a righteousness that is by faith from first to last,[a] just as it is written: “The righteous will live by faith.”

Brandon, you are righteous in the Lords eyes and he is proud of you, everyone is proud of you.

Link Posted: 9/3/2014 9:42:50 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View Quote

Happy to see this as well! Brandon, I don't think I've every conversed with you on this site, but you have prayers coming in from myself and my family.
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 10:27:31 PM EDT
[#47]
Trigger 42. Sent out the MO today.

I wish the best for you all!

Your friend is your needs answered.
     He is your field which you sow with love and reap with thanksgiving.
     And he is your board and your fireside.
     For you come to him with your hunger, and you seek him for peace.
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 10:59:00 PM EDT
[#48]
Still praying.
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 11:04:47 PM EDT
[#49]
Mrs. Miami_JBT and I once again have you, your lovely wife, and beautiful daughter in our prayers tonight. God Bless you Brandon.... DON'T GIVE UP! GOD WORKS IN MYSTERIOUS WAYS.
Link Posted: 9/4/2014 12:22:16 AM EDT
[#50]
You are I my thoughts and prayers. Keep fighting the good fight brother.
Page / 34
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top