Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 6
Link Posted: 6/29/2014 8:58:01 PM EDT
[#1]
WTF? Is this attack dog just roaming around? It doesn't sound safe. Give Hugo a break and call someone to get the nasty dog outa there!
Link Posted: 6/30/2014 12:28:32 AM EDT
[#2]
Why is Hugo being kept unsafe? If you have a new home picked out, it's beyond time to go. His current environment is inhumane.

Link Posted: 6/30/2014 8:05:53 AM EDT
[#3]
Fluffy,

Is Hugo still available? I'm interested and have a great home with a big privacy fenced yard.
Link Posted: 6/30/2014 8:09:56 AM EDT
[#4]
Good luck finding him a home!

We adopted an American Bulldog this past Friday after fostering him for 6 months. I'll post a thread on him. Awesome dog.

Thread for Pepa
Link Posted: 6/30/2014 8:24:02 AM EDT
[#5]
Good luck getting Hugo someplace safe.
Link Posted: 6/30/2014 9:02:32 AM EDT
[#6]

Shannon simply let Hugo go outside to do his business and that's when that other dog showed up again.

He is still in need of a home; however, there is an interested person who may take him next month
Link Posted: 6/30/2014 9:09:30 AM EDT
[#7]
Tag for outcome.

I wish I had a yard or room for him.
Link Posted: 6/30/2014 9:41:28 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Shannon simply let Hugo go outside to do his business and that's when that other dog showed up again.

He is still in need of a home; however, there is an interested person who may take him next month
View Quote

Are you in a part of the great white north where you can just walk out and shoot the damned aggressor without fear of legal reprisal ? That dog would be no problem to Hugo down here at this stage, and actually, the aggressor wouldn't have lived to attack a second time.

Link Posted: 6/30/2014 10:48:32 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Are you in a part of the great white north where you can just walk out and shoot the damned aggressor without fear of legal reprisal ? That dog would be no problem to Hugo down here at this stage, and actually, the aggressor wouldn't have lived to attack a second time.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hugo is in North Carolina, not up in Canada.

I do agree that he needs out of his current situation, stat.
Link Posted: 6/30/2014 11:11:42 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Seems as though we have more than enough arfcommers in the general area to quickly dispatch a threatening dog...
Link Posted: 6/30/2014 11:23:09 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Telling someone you want to kill them because they talk about putting an animal down is the sign of an emotionally disturbed individual.
I know what Fluffy does for animals on here, still doesn't make it a sane statement to say.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Why not just put the poor thing out of his misery

I would like to put you out of your misery; however, that would be illegal.  

You sound like an emotional liberal.
But he isn't.  You can be a dog lover and still be a very conservative guy.  Even Rush Limbaugh has cats.  And now, dogs.

It is better to keep your mouth shut and have people wonder if you are an idiot than to open it and remove all shadow of doubt.

Telling someone you want to kill them because they talk about putting an animal down is the sign of an emotionally disturbed individual.
I know what Fluffy does for animals on here, still doesn't make it a sane statement to say.  

It's sane enough.  If someone consistently taunts you and provokes you on a subject you feel strongly about that's a fairly normal impulse. Insane would be acting on it.  I haven't seen anything from OP that makes me think he'd do that.
Link Posted: 6/30/2014 11:46:53 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I will be in touch with you shortly
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Due to all the bickering about a "type" of dog, I missed the location of this dog within NC.  I am in NC, and I would like to know.  I have a bully breed that I got from ARFcom.  She is great.  She is very submissive around other bully breeds.  She might be a good dog to spend time with Hugo.

I will be in touch with you shortly

I'm still wondering where in NC Hugo is located.
Link Posted: 6/30/2014 11:49:31 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote

Shannon needs a fence if she's going to run a dog rescue operation.
if all else fails we would still be more than happy to take Hugo in.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 6/30/2014 11:58:36 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
The next person who shits in Fluffy's thread is getting the full Elephant of Shame treatment in the Pit.

This man has more generosity and kindness in his toenail clippings than most of you do in your entire body.  So quit fucking around and giving him flak.  Now.
View Quote

Fluffy also has a knack for making beautiful Garands. He is one of the true gents on ARFCOM.
Link Posted: 6/30/2014 1:08:43 PM EDT
[#15]
He is in Eden, North Carolina
Link Posted: 6/30/2014 1:20:42 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Fluffy,

Is Hugo still available? I'm interested and have a great home with a big privacy fenced yard.
View Quote

Good luck for Hugo.  Even with all mine,  I'm tempted myself.  I have 13 currently.  Each with their own personality but none are aggressive.  Some with handicaps.  I'm more or less the unofficial shelter.  Fenced in about 2 acres for my idiots  
Link Posted: 6/30/2014 2:12:51 PM EDT
[#17]

Let me explain a few more things.

Shannon's daughter was killed in an accident this April.  And so Shannon had to move. She had to get a new home and she moved with a number of dogs that she rescued.  She could have done the cowardly thing and dropped them all off at a shelter.  But she stuck with it and took the dogs with her.

And that's why she does not have a proper fence at this time.  She really did everything she could under very difficult circumstances and she's still trying.
Link Posted: 6/30/2014 2:33:35 PM EDT
[#18]
Fluffy,

You may have missed my post above, I'm VERY interested in Hugo and can take him right now. He'll be an indoor dog with anytime access to a large fenced in yard anytime he want's out. I'm in Texas near Austin, let me know if this is possible.

Thank you,
John
Link Posted: 6/30/2014 2:59:55 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Good luck for Hugo.  Even with all mine,  I'm tempted myself.  I have 13 currently.  Each with their own personality but none are aggressive.  Some with handicaps.  I'm more or less the unofficial shelter.  Fenced in about 2 acres for my idiots  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Fluffy,

I can't let my girlfriend see this. She wants to do that when we have a house.

Good for you though. That's an awesome thing you are doing.
Link Posted: 6/30/2014 3:14:47 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Fluffy,

Hope we can get him here to Texas. We've been wanting another dog for quite a while, we currently have an Old English bulldog and he wants a buddy something bad! He loves to play but can't figure out that other dogs aren't quite so friendly when he comes running up wanting to play. If he see's another dog on the TV he starts whining and crying. Well, to be honest I want another one too! Once I saw Hugo and his condition something just said if he's not taken he's mine! Keeping my fingers crossed.
Link Posted: 6/30/2014 3:32:51 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Let me explain a few more things.

Shannon's daughter was killed in an accident this April.  And so Shannon had to move. She had to get a new home and she moved with a number of dogs that she rescued.  She could have done the cowardly thing and dropped them all off at a shelter.  But she stuck with it and took the dogs with her.

And that's why she does not have a proper fence at this time.  She really did everything she could under very difficult circumstances and she's still trying.
View Quote

It's nice that she's trying, but it seems to me Hugo would be better off moving to a new forever home right away and recuperating somewhere safe.  He clearly isn't safe where he is - that other dog has designated him as prey.
Link Posted: 6/30/2014 8:54:09 PM EDT
[#22]
How old is hugo?
Link Posted: 6/30/2014 9:13:06 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Hope we can get him here to Texas. We've been wanting another dog for quite a while, we currently have an Old English bulldog and he wants a buddy something bad! He loves to play but can't figure out that other dogs aren't quite so friendly when he comes running up wanting to play. If he see's another dog on the TV he starts whining and crying. Well, to be honest I want another one too! Once I saw Hugo and his condition something just said if he's not taken he's mine! Keeping my fingers crossed.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Fluffy,

I hope the Op takes notice. Would be great for him to have a good friend that actually likes him, and protected by someone.

Link Posted: 6/30/2014 9:33:53 PM EDT
[#24]
Why let Shannon keep the dog while he "recovers" versus letting the interested guy have him now, avoiding further injury to Hugo?

I don't get it.....  Hugo needs to go to a home with no current dog, let alone a bull breed, submissive or not, get acclimated, and then if the owner wants him to have a friend they get a female puppy and it grows up with Hugo as it's mentor/ higher pack mate.
Link Posted: 6/30/2014 9:38:41 PM EDT
[#25]

I have put two different arfcommers in touch with Shannon.  Both arfcommers want to adopt Hugo.  I've done everything I can do.

I've also taken care of his veterinary expenses three different times.  I've done everything.

It is up to others now.
Link Posted: 6/30/2014 9:44:13 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

I have put two different arfcommers in touch with Shannon.  Both arfcommers want to adopt Hugo.  I've done everything I can do.

I've also taken care of his veterinary expenses three different times.  I've done everything.

It is up to others now.
View Quote

I'd say that's more than enough for one man!  Three vet bills????
Link Posted: 6/30/2014 9:50:09 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It is up to others now.

The first time he was emaciated and sick.  He only weighed 35 pounds. He was in a bad way but he got the care he needed.

The second time was after he was attacked and the third time was today.  He has a nasty infection after the second fight; however, he is going to be ok.

But he's not my dog.  I can't decide who gets him.  All I can do is put people in touch with Shannon.
Link Posted: 6/30/2014 10:02:54 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

The first time he was emaciated and sick.  He only weighed 35 pounds. He was in a bad way but he got the care he needed.

The second time was after he was attacked and the third time was today.  He has a nasty infection after the second fight; however, he is going to be ok.

But he's not my dog.  I can't decide who gets him.  All I can do is put people in touch with Shannon.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It is up to others now.

As I said, seems your job is done.   She has a choice of two prospective homes to choose from;  I just hope she chooses soon, because he clearly needs to be away from the aggressor dog.
Link Posted: 6/30/2014 11:27:04 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

It is up to others now.
View Quote

I'm very sorry this has turned into somewhat of a shit sandwich but I don't think anyone can say you haven't gone above and beyond for the dog. You're a good man.
Link Posted: 6/30/2014 11:55:22 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
the dog is the only one of God's creatures that will love you more than its own life
View Quote

Dog spelled backwards is GOD.My father always told me to be kind to dogs cause God judges you based on how you treat your dog. (I'm not religious at all; just food for thought.)
Link Posted: 7/1/2014 12:14:11 AM EDT
[#31]
I hope that poor dog finds a good home soon.
Link Posted: 7/1/2014 1:25:11 AM EDT
[#32]
I'd adopt him in a heartbeat if I could.  If he needs to be transported to his new home I can chip in a few bucks towards helping defray the cost of transport, I'll just renew membership next paycheque instead of this one.
Link Posted: 7/2/2014 8:14:27 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote

He has a new home, now I need some help getting him here.

I thought about starting a new thread but figured I'd post here. Shannon has decided to let Hugo/Duncan come to Texas for his new home, I'm super excited! BUT, I have a problem; the airlines will not fly any bully breed so now we're trying to figure out how to get him to his new home. Anyone happen to be traveling from somewhere near NC to TX soon??
Link Posted: 7/2/2014 8:52:46 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

I thought about starting a new thread but figured I'd post here. Shannon has decided to let Hugo/Duncan come to Texas for his new home, I'm super excited! BUT, I have a problem; the airlines will not fly any bully breed so now we're trying to figure out how to get him to his new home. Anyone happen to be traveling from somewhere near NC to TX soon??
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

ARF K9 Relay!
Link Posted: 7/2/2014 8:57:03 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

1. congrats!
2. Airlines won't fly bull breeds? What the actual fuck?
Link Posted: 7/2/2014 8:58:29 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

1. congrats!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

1. congrats!

Something about them being brachycephalic, which we know is not applicable to many bully breeds.
Link Posted: 7/2/2014 8:59:15 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

ARF K9 Relay!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

ARF K9 Relay!

I'm in for a leg if the route goes through GA!
Link Posted: 7/2/2014 9:04:10 AM EDT
[#38]
KY here!
Link Posted: 7/2/2014 9:08:35 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good on you man!
Link Posted: 7/2/2014 9:11:20 AM EDT
[#40]
Thanks for the offers of help!

So how do I go about possible arranging a "K9 relay", start a new thread?
Link Posted: 7/2/2014 9:17:04 AM EDT
[#41]
Well the relay will be passing south of me I'm sure, but shameless bump anyway.
Link Posted: 7/2/2014 9:18:26 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote

I would recommend it. Work out route, probable legs, and a date. Post those in the OP and update as they get filled.
Link Posted: 7/2/2014 9:22:32 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

I would recommend it. Work out route, probable legs, and a date. Post those in the OP and update as they get filled.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I would throw something in the HTF sections of the states between NC and TX as well.

Hope Arfcom can come through. And Fluffy I don't know how to say how amazing you are in these dog rescue threads.
Link Posted: 7/2/2014 9:28:07 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

I would throw something in the HTF sections of the states between NC and TX as well.

Hope Arfcom can come through. And Fluffy I don't know how to say how amazing you are in these dog rescue threads.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

With everything negative and down right depressing going on in the world today,  little things like this pick me up.  Good on ya's!!  Now let's get that guy home.  
Link Posted: 7/2/2014 9:39:19 AM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 7/2/2014 9:48:53 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

1. congrats!
Something about them being brachycephalic, which we know is not applicable to many bully breeds.
View Quote

It's not always applicable but better safe than sorry.  
Link Posted: 7/2/2014 11:01:43 AM EDT
[#47]
I would never fly a dog on an airliner this time of the year. One little hold up on the runway and it's going to get hot in the cargo hold.
Link Posted: 7/2/2014 12:26:14 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
I would never fly a dog on an airliner this time of the year. One little hold up on the runway and it's going to get hot in the cargo hold.
View Quote

I've read some real horror stories about bullies dying when they got overheated.  They don't just keep over and go to their eternal rest.  It is a terrible way to die.
Link Posted: 7/2/2014 12:37:35 PM EDT
[#49]
Fluffy you are a damned good man.  I love these threads, and I am really glad there are people out there like you.

I feel really bad for Hugo but sounds like he might have a great home shortly.
Link Posted: 7/2/2014 1:54:24 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Congratulations.
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top