BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 66
Link Posted: 12/15/2014 8:57:37 AM EDT
[#1]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Dude--I get your happy--you should be. Your guys played well. Besides you know--blowing a 21 point lead---to Mark Sanchez.

The Eagles played like shit, peaked for 10 minutes, and then played like shit again. Incredibly sloppy, game for the Eagles, essentially 5 turnovers, and penalties extending play leading to 17 points for you boys. They beat themselves, and deserved to lose.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Mark Sanchez doing what Mark Sanchez does best.

Again, beat our selves.

Whatever you need to tell yourself.

Dude--I get your happy--you should be. Your guys played well. Besides you know--blowing a 21 point lead---to Mark Sanchez.

The Eagles played like shit, peaked for 10 minutes, and then played like shit again. Incredibly sloppy, game for the Eagles, essentially 5 turnovers, and penalties extending play leading to 17 points for you boys. They beat themselves, and deserved to lose.

So when Philly won a few weeks ago it wass an example of total physical domination over the Cowboys, but when they lose they beat themselves.   And they say Cowboys fans live in a fantasy world......

Link Posted: 12/15/2014 9:20:41 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

So when Philly won a few weeks ago it wass an example of total physical domination over the Cowboys, but when they lose they beat themselves.   And they say Cowboys fans live in a fantasy world......

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Again, beat our selves.

Negative. Call me a logical Philly Fan.

Yes--we donimanted a tired, short rested, team on a holiday, with a unrested beat up QB. I will say that Romo however did play sloppy in a couple of areas (Late picks), but over all you guys played a poor, but clean game on Thanksgiving.

In fact if you look back--the only thing I quoted on Thanks giving was the eagles fight song.

Now I will say again---Last night the Eagles played one of their most Sloppy games In the last 2 years. For Christ sake they didn't catch the opening kickoff They deserved to lose. The Cowboys took advantage of every turnover---which a good team should have done.

It sucks, but it is what it is.
Link Posted: 12/15/2014 9:33:45 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Again, beat our selves.

As a Cowboys fan I have to admit the game was pretty odd, Chip Kelly was virtually emotionless start to finish, it was almost as if the Eagles were not even trying for a while, then bam showed they could dominate the Cowboys at will, then stopped trying again.

The series between the two played out like some sort of made for TV drama; underdog comeback defying all odds defeating  a physically superior opponent.

Link Posted: 12/15/2014 11:36:37 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Again, beat our selves.

I fully expected them to blew that lead.  This is what I posted in another thread when a Cowboys fan starting running his mouth when they were up 21-0.

Quoted:

Still very, VERY early.

There's 11 minutes left in the 2nd quarter.

There could be 11 minutes left in the 4th quarter and I wouldn't be comfortable with a 21 point lead with this defense.

That being said: I couldn't care less if they blew a 21 point lead to a high school powderpuff team.  They still won a huge road game by double digits as a 3.5 point underdog.

When Mark Sanchez is a team's QB pretty much every loss could be attributed to "beating themselves."   Like I pointed out when he first became the starter: he might be able to manage some games, but sooner or later the real Mark Sanchez would emerge.  He has a career passer rating of 73 for a reason.
Link Posted: 12/15/2014 11:41:54 AM EDT
[#5]
Which is higher?  Congress rating or Johhny Footballs QB rating?
Link Posted: 12/15/2014 11:52:04 AM EDT
[#6]
Hey Mad Mardigan, that was too funny!!!
Link Posted: 12/15/2014 12:18:00 PM EDT
[#7]
HK,

I don't consider Sanchez to have been the biggest problem last night. I saw two throws he truly "missed". The first pick was in Ertz hands. and the second was garbage time, trying to make something happen.

Piss poor Secondary work, taking, stupid, bad penalties extending drives,  and bad turnovers (Not catching the kick off, Celeks fumble, etc.) led to last nights win for the Boys. And you know what--kudos to the boys for taking advantage of The Eagles sloppiness!

And as I said before about Sanchez--he's Serviceable, not the new face for our franchise.
Link Posted: 12/15/2014 3:04:27 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Which is higher?  Congress rating or Johhny Footballs QB rating?
View Quote
Probably congress.

I pray the NFL bans people doing the money sign after every freaking play.

Link Posted: 12/15/2014 4:09:36 PM EDT
[#9]
Johnny Football = Johnny Zero
Link Posted: 12/15/2014 6:23:53 PM EDT
[#10]
What's the consensus for tonight? Da Bears or the Aints?
Link Posted: 12/15/2014 6:28:31 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Hey Mad Mardigan, that was too funny!!!
View Quote

Funny enough to bring you out of the wood work I see
Link Posted: 12/15/2014 6:29:52 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

View Quote
Da Bears

Link Posted: 12/15/2014 6:35:42 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Da Bears  
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Da Bears  

I seriously hope you're right.

Link Posted: 12/15/2014 6:43:22 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Da Bears  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Da Bears  

I would say this. As bad as both teams are this year, the saints are worse.
Link Posted: 12/15/2014 8:09:10 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

My Fantasy teams need a big game for Brees  and a crappy one for Cutler.
Link Posted: 12/15/2014 8:17:46 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

You're probably a swell dude, but I hope you lose in Fantasy tonight. I'm a Panthers fan.

Link Posted: 12/15/2014 9:51:16 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

You're probably a swell dude, but I hope you lose in Fantasy tonight. I'm a Panthers fan.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wow.  This game has the makings of a 3-0 final score....
Link Posted: 12/15/2014 10:27:40 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
HK,

I don't consider Sanchez to have been the biggest problem last night. I saw two throws he truly "missed". The first pick was in Ertz hands. and the second was garbage time, trying to make something happen.

Piss poor Secondary work, taking, stupid, bad penalties extending drives,  and bad turnovers (Not catching the kick off, Celeks fumble, etc.) led to last nights win for the Boys. And you know what--kudos to the boys for taking advantage of The Eagles sloppiness!

And as I said before about Sanchez--he's Serviceable, not the new face for our franchise.
View Quote

On the offensive side of the ball he was.  And I remember more than two throws he missed.

Also I wouldn't consider that 2nd pick to have happened in garbage time. Eagles had it 1st and 10 on their own 40 with 1:57 left down by 11 facing a bad defense with an offense that can score points in a hurry.  The odds of them coming back weren't great, sure, but it wasn't garbage time, IMO.

As far as the "they beat themselves" excuse: I think if your team has more first downs and more total yards then you might be able to use that.  Not always, but it's pretty much a prerequisite, IMO.  The Eagles had neither and it wasn't even close.

Bottom line: the Eagles straight up outplayed the Cowboys on Thanksgiving and they earned the win.  The Cowboys straight up outplayed the Eagles last night and they earned the win.
Link Posted: 12/15/2014 11:01:43 PM EDT
[#19]
I'm kind of surprised the Lions are only favored by the 4.5 points over the Bears next week.  That's only a point more than the Saints are favored over the Bears tonight.
Link Posted: 12/15/2014 11:36:21 PM EDT
[#20]
I actually feel bad for Jay Cutler.  When he's hot he can throw with the best of them but he's not played well lately and obviously he's too inconsistent but he hasn't gotten a lot of help with his line and also it feels like some of his teammates and the coaching staff want to throw him under the bus or already have in the media.

Not sure if things would be different with a better line but I dunno, just hate to see somebody with an arm like his totally crumbling.
Link Posted: 12/15/2014 11:37:13 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I actually feel bad for Jay Cutler.  When he's hot he can throw with the best of them but he's not played well lately and obviously he's too inconsistent but he hasn't gotten a lot of help with his line and also it feels like some of his teammates and the coaching staff want to throw him under the bus or already have in the media.

Not sure if things would be different with a better line but I dunno, just hate to see somebody with an arm like his totally crumbling.
View Quote

Yeah I really wish he would have worked out in Chicago.
Link Posted: 12/15/2014 11:37:36 PM EDT
[#22]
Cutler looks like he could not care one little bit about doing his job.
Link Posted: 12/15/2014 11:42:16 PM EDT
[#23]
Who are people predicting for the Super Bowl at this point?  I have no clue whats gonna happen in the NFC.

Id say Patriots vs Packers
Link Posted: 12/15/2014 11:43:58 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Who are people predicting for the Super Bowl at this point?  I have no clue whats gonna happen in the NFC.

Id say Patriots vs Packers
View Quote
I'm the same only in reverse.

I pick the Seahawks both objectively and as a fan. The AFC? I dunno...probably NE, but I would love a second shot at Pittsburg.
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 12:10:13 AM EDT
[#25]

Man...Cutler and his shitness is burning me hard in fantasy

Note to self: don't draft bears players next year

Link Posted: 12/16/2014 12:12:10 AM EDT
[#26]
Damn. Shitcago is getting pounded by Nah'lins.
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 12:19:06 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote

Forte and Robbie Gould are the only Bears you should draft.
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 12:38:50 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

In a PPR league, I had first pick.  Picked AP even though my brain was telling me to choose Forte.

I also picked Alshon over Antonio Brown.  Epic fuckup that was.

I'm still through to the final! woo!

Link Posted: 12/16/2014 12:40:41 AM EDT
[#29]
Watching the Bears play makes me feel better about my Raiders
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 1:17:05 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

The only thing they don't have is a healthy QB. Yet they keep winning. They are proof that all they hype over how important QBs are is just that, hype.
View Quote

With the Saints win 11 of the 12 teams currently in line for the postseason have at least a good QB.  The only one that doesn't had a good QB for the majority of the season.

Link Posted: 12/16/2014 1:20:18 AM EDT
[#31]
Damn Saints. I think they're gonna win out their season; not sure if Atlanta can beat 'em even though they have been struggling at home lately. Who knows...
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 1:40:17 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

With the Saints win 11 of the 12 teams currently in line for the postseason have at least a good QB.  The only one that doesn't had a good QB for the majority of the season.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The only thing they don't have is a healthy QB. Yet they keep winning. They are proof that all they hype over how important QBs are is just that, hype.

Yeah Mark Sanchez and Russell Wilson are great... Not. Keep telling yourself that Arizona has a good QB. By that metric, Trent Dilfer should be in the hall of fame.

Then there is the fact that Kyle Orton's team beat Aaron Rogers team this week.

Just because the nfl and their paid announcers repeat the same ignorant crap every week to sell Jerseys, doesn't mean you have to believe it,
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 2:28:21 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Yeah Mark Sanchez and Russell Wilson are great... Not. Keep telling yourself that Arizona has a good QB. By that metric, Trent Dilfer should be in the hall of fame.

Just because the nfl and their paid announcers repeat the same ignorant crap every week to sell Jerseys, doesn't mean you have to believe it,
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wow, where to begin with all the things wrong with that post?

The Eagles aren't currently one of the 12 teams in line for the postseason.

I didn't say each team had a great QB. I said they had "at least a good QB."

I didn't say Arizona HAS a good QB.  I said they HAD a good QB.

So because 11 of the 12 teams currently in line for the postseason have at least good QB's that means "Trent Dilfer should be in the hall of fame"?

I have no idea what the Bills beating the Packers has to do with my post other that I predicted the Bills would win.

"Just because the nfl and their paid announcers repeat the same ignorant crap every week to sell Jerseys, doesn't mean you have to believe it."

They repeat that having a good QB is important because having a good QB is important.  One look at the current playoff teams and it's pretty obvious to most people.

Also "paid announcers"?  As opposed to unpaid announcers?
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 2:34:49 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

So because 11 of the 12 teams currently in line for the postseason have at least good QB's that means "Trent Dilfer should be in the hall of fame"?

I have no idea what the Bills beating the Packers has to do with my post other that I predicted the Bills would win.

"Just because the nfl and their paid announcers repeat the same ignorant crap every week to sell Jerseys, doesn't mean you have to believe it."

They repeat that having a good QB is important because having a good QB is important.  One look at the current playoff teams and it's pretty obvious to most people.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Your response is literally too dumb to even bother with. It makes sense that you can't find the obvious logic in my simple points. It's a lot more of the same type of "contender" argument you had the other day. Words have specific meanings, especially when you put them together. I guess language is hard for some.
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 3:04:40 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Your response is literally too dumb to even bother with. It makes sense that you can't find the obvious logic in my simple points. It's a lot more of the same type of "contender" argument you had the other day. Words have specific meanings, especially when you put them together. I guess language is hard for some.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You finally realized you can't form an even halfway decent argument to support your weak claims so you instead make a completely irrelevant post in an attempt to shift the conversation away from the topic and towards generic insults.  Sorry, slick.  I'm not going to bite.  This is still about your inability to support your claim that the importance of quarterbacks is hype.

11 of the 12 teams currently in line for the postseason have at least a good QB. The only one that doesn't had a good QB for the majority of the season. Yup, just hype.
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 7:15:47 AM EDT
[#36]
Well, both 2 of my FFL team made it to next weeks championship, thanks to Brees and Cutler.  One match up is dead even in the projections.  In the other, I'm ahead, but will be dead even if  D. Murray's can't go.
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 6:15:19 PM EDT
[#37]
The 49ers finally kicked Ray McDonald off the team.

"This is about a pattern of poor behavior," Baalke, the team's GM, said Wednesday.

"We expect a lot from our players, hold them accountable for their actions," he said.
View Quote

And the day they decided to finally hold him accountable is right AFTER the team is mathematical eliminated from making the postseason.

Wow, what a coincidence.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/12042939/san-francisco-49ers-release-ray-mcdonald-amid-sexual-assault-investigation

Link Posted: 12/17/2014 8:44:14 PM EDT
[#38]
Bears benched Cutler.

I'm going to go out on a limb and guess this is probably the first time since the merger that the highest paid offensive player in the NFL was benched.

http://espn.go.com/chicago/nfl/story/_/id/12043769/chicago-bears-start-jimmy-clausen-jay-cutler-week

Link Posted: 12/17/2014 9:21:50 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Bears benched Cutler.

I'm going to go out on a limb and guess this is probably the first time since the merger that the highest paid offensive player in the NFL was benched.

http://espn.go.com/chicago/nfl/story/_/id/12043769/chicago-bears-start-jimmy-clausen-jay-cutler-week

View Quote

Thank. God.
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 2:58:32 AM EDT
[#40]
It could be worse for the bears, they could have Kaepernick.
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 8:56:52 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

View Quote

Clausen was terrible in Carolina; I'm surprised he's still even in the league. Of course he was a wet-behind-the-ears rookie back then but still... Bummer for Cutler but he's just playing really bad ball as of late; but he's always been hot and cold, so I dunno.

Link Posted: 12/18/2014 12:56:00 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Clausen was terrible in Carolina; I'm surprised he's still even in the league. Of course he was a wet-behind-the-ears rookie back then but still... Bummer for Cutler but he's just playing really bad ball as of late; but he's always been hot and cold, so I dunno.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't think there is any doubt that Cutler gave them a better chance at winning than Clausen does.  Of course the Bears haven't seemed to care about winning all season, so why start now?
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 1:26:22 PM EDT
[#43]
Quite the marquee game the NFL is presenting tonight.

The 2-12 Tennessee Titans vs. the 2-12 Jacksonville Jaguars

Link Posted: 12/18/2014 1:29:10 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

I don't think there is any doubt that Cutler gave them a better chance at winning than Clausen does.  Of course the Bears haven't seemed to care about winning all season, so why start now?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Monday night, Cutler just looked as if he didn't care on bit about doing his job.
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 1:41:27 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Monday night, Cutler just looked as if he didn't care on bit about doing his job.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Be that as it may, he still gave the Bears a better shot at winning than Clausen.

When news came out that Clausen was starting over Cutler the line shot up 2.5 points.
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 1:43:51 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Be that as it may, he still gave the Bears a better shot at winning than Clausen.

When news came out that Clausen was starting over Cutler the line shot up 2.5 points.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No Claussen fan as I hate ND, but he would at least give more effort than Cutler.
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 2:43:13 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

View Quote

Battle of the tomato cans as my old man would say. Gonna be bleeding scores and blunders all over the field but it could make for an entertaining game.

Link Posted: 12/18/2014 2:57:50 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Battle of the tomato cans as my old man would say. Gonna be bleeding scores and blunders all over the field but it could make for an entertaining game.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They need to make all forward passes a live ball like laterals, and then play the Benny Hill music on a constant loop.  I'd watch.
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 3:58:10 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

No Claussen fan as I hate ND, but he would at least give more effort than Cutler.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Clausen probably would "want it more," but Cutler still gives the Bears a better chance of winning.  But of course when you're 5-9 there are other considerations beyond winning and losing.
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 4:03:10 PM EDT
[#50]
I'm glad Clausen is starting, because Detroit plays them sunday and he gets to face Suh

Page / 66
Top Top