Link Posted: 7/29/2014 4:43:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He screwed his knee up in preseason his rookie year and had to sit out because of surgery.
What else has he been afflicted with?

Seriously?  

http://www.kffl.com/player/22420/nfl/injury_history/ben-tate

Oops... that was a broken ankle, not a knee.
Okay, he missed 3 games with a hammy, but played through everything else.
I would venture to guess that a lot of those things are pretty normal for RB's, TE's and WR's (guys that are routinely on the receiving end of tackles).
You have to give him some toughness points for playing with broken ribs.
ETA: He went on IR after it was certain he wasn't coming back to the team and the fact that they weren't going to beat a good Jr. High School team for the rest of the year.
Had they been in contention, I think he still would have been on the field.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 4:45:23 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

No doubt, but the question was about durability vs. Foster.

Link Posted: 7/29/2014 4:47:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What does Foster's injury history look like?
It just seems to me that he misses games more often and for less reason than Tate, but that could just be my perception playing tricks on me.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 9:11:32 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

It just seems to me that he misses games more often and for less reason than Tate, but that could just be my perception playing tricks on me.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Link Posted: 7/30/2014 10:11:27 AM EDT
[#5]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://www.kffl.com/player/18330/nfl/injury_history/arian-foster

Thanks.
I guess they both have their issues.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 1:38:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Well,I guess this marks the end of Larry Fitzgerald in AZ.PP21 got paid.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 1:53:13 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

http://i600.photobucket.com/albums/tt84/bluetick357/BtxOKYHCEAAkjyN_zps5e95ea68.jpg
View Quote

Y'all overpaid.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 2:01:54 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Y'all overpaid.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
http://i600.photobucket.com/albums/tt84/bluetick357/BtxOKYHCEAAkjyN_zps5e95ea68.jpg

Y'all overpaid.

That seems to be the trend lately.I mean Sherman,Peterson,Hayden,Revis are all great,but damn that's a lot of money.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 3:40:14 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

That seems to be the trend lately.I mean Sherman,Peterson,Hayden,Revis are all great,but damn that's a lot of money.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Y'all overpaid.

Sherman is better than Peterson. And yes, that's a lot of money.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 3:53:55 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Y'all overpaid.

Actually, the more I think about it,I'd take Peterson over Sherman any day of the week.If Sherman had to do what Peterson does he'd look like hell.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 4:07:58 PM EDT
[#11]
lol

RB Arian Foster

(on how he is physically) “Yeah, man. I’m just trying to be the best teammate I can be, man.”

(on what kept him out of practice) “Yeah, man. I’m just trying to be the best teammate I can be and working hard at doing it.”

(on what was physically wrong) “Yeah, I’m just out here, man, just working hard every single day just trying to be the best teammate I can be.”

(on what it means to come back from his injury) “Yeah, you know, being with your teammates and being the best teammate you can be is like—that’s what you strive to do so that’s what I’m out here doing.”

(on his teammates needing him out in practice) “Yeah, man. When you’re the best teammate you can be you just work hard at doing that every single day, that’s what we’re out here trying to do.”

(on if his body is breaking down) “Yeah, man. I’m just out here trying to be the best teammate I can be and I’m going to work hard at doing that.”

(on his progress toward being a better teammate) “Yeah, you know, just every single day just trying to be a better teammate, man.”

(on the fans going crazy) “Yeah, man. I’m just out here trying to be the best teammate I can be and I will continue doing that.”

(on the difference in how he felt physically today than yesterday) “Yeah, man. You know I’m just out here trying to be the best teammate I can be day-in and day-out, man. And I’m just going to continue working hard to do that.”

(on working at his brother’s workout facility) “Yeah. Just every single day, man, just working hard trying to be the best teammate I can be.”
View Quote

http://www.houstontexans.com/news/article-2/Quotes-Day-5-of-Training-Camp/e8d86cf8-9d12-4817-8c5c-737d10abcb01
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 1:12:22 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Actually, the more I think about it,I'd take Peterson over Sherman any day of the week.If Sherman had to do what Peterson does he'd look like hell.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Y'all overpaid.

Different strokes and all... Sherman in a better player IMO, and is thought to be the best CB/defensive player in the NFL by his peers.
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 6:43:54 AM EDT
[#13]

8 touchdowns allowed between Peterson and Sherman last year---Peterson allowed 7 of them.....

I hate the dudes mouth, but Sherman is an incredible corner.
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 7:04:37 AM EDT
[#14]
Peterson is more likely to put up some points than Sherman, but Sherman is the better player at the CB position.  He talks, so much talking, but he can do that as long as he keeps up what he's doing.  As long as he shuts his mouth when not producing, I'm okay with it.

AZ overpaid Peterson.
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 12:39:07 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Peterson is more likely to put up some points than Sherman, but Sherman is the better player at the CB position.  He talks, so much talking, but he can do that as long as he keeps up what he's doing.  As long as he shuts his mouth when not producing, I'm okay with it.

AZ overpaid Peterson.
View Quote

Seattle's defense is the best in the NFL as a whole.Sherman is the best at what he does within that system,he doesn't need to do same things as Peterson.If Sherman had to shadow the other teams #1 WR on every route 1 on 1 his numbers would be different,that's just the way it works out mechanically.It's not really possible to say one guy is better than the other when they don't do the same things.At any rate I'd still rather have Peterson.
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 6:33:43 PM EDT
[#16]
http://www.nytimes.com/2014/07/30/sports/football/giants8217-david-wilson-leaves-practice-with-injury-in-neck-area.html?_r=0
News is Giants 1st round 2012 RB draft pick will never play for the Giants again, story still developing
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 7:34:19 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
http://www.nytimes.com/2014/07/30/sports/football/giants8217-david-wilson-leaves-practice-with-injury-in-neck-area.html?_r=0
News is Giants 1st round 2012 RB draft pick will never play for the Giants again, story still developing
View Quote

I read about that,pretty rough.
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 3:01:26 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 3:20:53 PM EDT
[#19]

I read that and seriously laughed out loud. They will be lucky to go 5-11 this year.
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 4:28:57 PM EDT
[#20]
Is it me, or is the NFL all sorts of fucked up when it comes to disciplining people?

Ray Rice KO's his girlfriend and gets a 2 game suspension.

Richie Incognito said some mean things to a rookie, he's suspended all last season, 4 games this season, has a special investigator up his ass. etc.
Link Posted: 8/2/2014 4:16:56 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

View Quote
Damn, Wilson was turning into a very good player too.  

Link Posted: 8/2/2014 4:18:59 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Is it me, or is the NFL all sorts of fucked up when it comes to disciplining people?

Richie Incognito said some mean things to a rookie, he's suspended all last season, 4 games this season, has a special investigator up his ass. etc.
View Quote

I think I'm the only guy in America who is not offended by Rice's punishment.

When you live in a monarchy, the King makes the rules.
Link Posted: 8/3/2014 7:24:49 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't blame anyone for being offended,  the guy is over 200lbs and all muscle, she is 95lbs soaking wet, he had no excuse to hit her let alone drag her out of the elevator like a sack of potatoes, hell with the weakass suspension, he should be doing at least a 5-7 year stretch in prison.
Link Posted: 8/3/2014 8:36:31 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

I have decided to stop watching the NFL. It was their threatening the state of Arizona with the loss of the Super Bowl if they passes a Religious Freedom bill that put me over the line.

I was a HUGE NFL fan. Born and raised in Green Bay. Watching the Packers win the Super Bowl in 1996 was one of the highlights of my life. They have become too political and are now just an extension of the secular progressive establishment.

View Quote

Well, the 2014 draft certainly proved that point.

I can't wait to see the fireworks if a certain Ram gets cut.
Link Posted: 8/7/2014 9:31:46 AM EDT
[#25]
28 days
Link Posted: 8/7/2014 10:05:19 AM EDT
[#26]
Preseason tonight!
Link Posted: 8/7/2014 10:24:07 AM EDT
[#27]
It'll be interesting to see who kick returns for the Hawks, I know there were some talks about Sherman taking returns. Harvin is also fun to watch because of his speed but I don't think he will get many returns, especially since it's still preseason.

I'm so excited to see Chancellor play this season, he said it will be his  NFL first season as a healthy player. Given his previous seasons that's scary for the opposing team
Link Posted: 8/7/2014 11:25:21 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 8/7/2014 7:00:20 PM EDT
[#29]
Jets V Colts
another pre-season game starts now
Link Posted: 8/7/2014 7:15:01 PM EDT
[#30]

Link Posted: 8/7/2014 8:09:40 PM EDT
[#31]
LOL

I wonder if the Seahawks are going to rub it in on Denver tonight or just let it go and treat it like any other exhibition game.
Link Posted: 8/14/2014 10:02:12 AM EDT
[#32]
22 days
Link Posted: 8/14/2014 10:04:59 AM EDT
[#33]
Eagles Pats tomorrow night--I'm there!
Link Posted: 8/15/2014 8:10:50 PM EDT
[#34]
This increased emphasis on defensive penalties is fucking ridiculous. Having problems generating  yards? Just throw a pass. Doesn't matter where. If your guy doesn't catch it, you're still guaranteed a penalty.  

I guess   they decided they can't have a team only score 8 points  in a Super Bowl again, because this is just outright sabotage of good defense.    
Link Posted: 8/15/2014 10:07:32 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

This increased emphasis on defensive penalties is fucking ridiculous. Having problems generating  yards? Just throw a pass. Doesn't matter where. If your guy doesn't catch it, you're still guaranteed a penalty.  

I guess   they decided they can't have a team only score 8 points  in a Super Bowl again, because this is just outright sabotage of good defense.    
View Quote

Draft WRs in your fantasy leagues.
Link Posted: 8/15/2014 11:23:01 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

View Quote
Sucks what they are doing to the defenses.

Link Posted: 8/15/2014 11:30:17 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Doesn't seem to be hampering the Seahawks.
Link Posted: 8/15/2014 11:39:49 PM EDT
[#38]
Seahawks are looking very good.
Link Posted: 8/16/2014 8:27:39 PM EDT
[#39]
Officials should be fined $200 every time they throw a flag. Review all penalties after the game and if it was legitimate, they get their money back for that flag. Maybe that will slow down  this bullshit.
Link Posted: 8/16/2014 9:18:49 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Officials should be fined $200 every time they throw a flag. Review all penalties after the game and if it was legitimate, they get their money back for that flag. Maybe that will slow down  this bullshit.
View Quote

lol

you are obv. unaware how the preseason works.  Are you also ticked off about the long extra point tries?
Link Posted: 8/16/2014 9:48:09 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

lol

you are obv. unaware how the preseason works.  Are you also ticked off about the long extra point tries?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

lol

I like it

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 8/17/2014 8:40:23 AM EDT
[#42]
Go Titans.

Gotta be excited if you're a Texans fan though.

Link Posted: 8/17/2014 8:41:32 AM EDT
[#43]

View Quote

Sam Baker is trash.
Link Posted: 8/17/2014 8:43:02 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Sam Baker is trash.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Sam Baker is trash.
The guard who was 5 steps late as well?

Link Posted: 8/17/2014 8:44:16 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Sam Baker is trash.

The majority of the line is trash, and here I was hoping and optimistic about the O-line being improved this season.  
Link Posted: 8/17/2014 8:48:52 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sam Baker is trash.

The majority of the line is trash, and here I was hoping and optimistic about the O-line being improved this season.  
I think dude is going to make a lot of LTs look bad  this season. Jevon Kearse type impact I'm afraid.

Baker also tore his patellar tendon last night, so...

Link Posted: 8/17/2014 3:41:53 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sam Baker is trash.

I think dude is going to make a lot of LTs look bad  this season. Jevon Kearse type impact I'm afraid.

Baker also tore his patellar tendon last night, so...

Falcons will do well to be 8-8 this season.
Link Posted: 8/19/2014 12:28:29 PM EDT
[#48]

Link Posted: 8/22/2014 3:18:25 PM EDT
[#49]
Jets and Giants play tonight, in a rivalry game that nobody really thinks is a rivalry except ESPN.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 5:51:57 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Jets and Giants play tonight, in a rivalry game that nobody really thinks is a rivalry except ESPN.
View Quote

Who is the home team?
Page / 66
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top