BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 101
Link Posted: 5/31/2014 8:29:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yeah, I was the same way about phone calls.  I've never liked being on the phone.  Work kinda forced me to get over it, though.

Are there any local mental health resources that aren't exorbitantly expensive?  Yes, I know it's ridiculous to expect anything resembling a functional mental health system, but I figured it was worth asking.
View Quote

I've never really had good luck with mental health professionals in any capacity.  This uh, includes two different stays in psychiatric facilities.  Medications thus far haven't helped at all either.  
Link Posted: 5/31/2014 8:30:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/31/2014 8:31:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/31/2014 8:35:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Ah, Facebook.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh and I'm also an asshole, in person and online.

Huh.  I must be worse at judging people online than I thought.

LOL, thanks.

The worst part is I wasn't even disagreeing with the guy just asking why he got so caught up in a topic he posts to Facebook. The whole conversation went downhill in a slide hurt feelings crazy assertions and irritating bullshit.

Ah, Facebook.

NO joke. I considered scrapping my account after this all went down. Arfcom too. Just said "fuck it" tired of the BS anddon't want here more retarded shit.  

Then I realized all my photos were on facebook and if I killed my arfcom account I wouldn't have anything to do at work.

ETA: Fey- sorry to here about your troubles. I'm not trying to be all Me Me Me today but, fuck if the way my wife described me as heartbroken didn't fit.
Link Posted: 5/31/2014 8:35:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Hm.  I'm afraid I'm not of much help on the subject.  I've not had any interaction with any mental health types, and my medical expertise is not of the preventative nature
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yeah, I was the same way about phone calls.  I've never liked being on the phone.  Work kinda forced me to get over it, though.

Are there any local mental health resources that aren't exorbitantly expensive?  Yes, I know it's ridiculous to expect anything resembling a functional mental health system, but I figured it was worth asking.

I've never really had good luck with mental health professionals in any capacity.  This uh, includes two different stays in psychiatric facilities.  Medications thus far haven't helped at all either.  

Hm.  I'm afraid I'm not of much help on the subject.  I've not had any interaction with any mental health types, and my medical expertise is not of the preventative nature

's ok.  I'm basically to the point where I think it's just better for me to try and struggle through it on my own
Link Posted: 5/31/2014 8:37:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 5/31/2014 8:37:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

NO joke. I considered scrapping my account after this all went down. Arfcom too. Just said "fuck it" tired of the BS anddon't want here more retarded shit.  

Then I realized all my photos were on facebook and if I killed my arfcom account I wouldn't have anything to do at work.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Ah, Facebook.

I had someone that I thought was a "best friend" who I had known about a dozen years blow up at me because I re-posted a thing on FaceBook that I thought was kinda funny from 9gag.  She hasn't spoken to me since.  I disabled my account on there shortly afterwards.  The real friends have stayed in contact.  All 3 of them.  
Link Posted: 5/31/2014 8:38:23 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 5/31/2014 8:39:40 PM EDT
[#9]

Does this mean I need to put a watch on my boxes of .22lr and photograph it?
Link Posted: 5/31/2014 8:40:31 PM EDT
[#10]

Found a hidden ammo stash you didn't know you had?

ETA: is that ammo? I can't see photobucket here.
Link Posted: 5/31/2014 8:41:20 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 5/31/2014 8:41:50 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 5/31/2014 8:46:42 PM EDT
[#13]
I think I'll try my hand at reloading some 9mm tonight...never tried to reload a tapered case before. Hmm I suppose I should dig out and clean some 9mm brass first

What's sad is that I went to Walmart and thought the 100 round box of WWB was overpriced at $27. Then I priced out buying 9mm online, including shipping...the only shit that's cheaper online is Wolf, and some remanufactured shit.
Link Posted: 5/31/2014 8:47:42 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 5/31/2014 8:53:27 PM EDT
[#15]
The Hornady seating dies generally have the crimp built-in...I'll play around with it in a bit. I can't reload any more .45 since I broke the large primer seater last night, so it's .38 super or 9mm only now

And I need to buy a bunch more ammo boxes...I really should keep more than a couple hundred rounds of reloads available.
Link Posted: 5/31/2014 8:54:52 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 5/31/2014 9:01:18 PM EDT
[#17]
I buy them because I'm used to them, and I already have a Hornady press...why not keep it in the family.

Here's their seating/crimping die manual

I just wish the primer feed and power drop weren't so finicky...if I try to rush things I wind up with some really inconsistent drops and every now and again a case won't get primed. I have to take my time, so if I'm lucky maybe I'll get 250 rounds an hour out of it...

For that alone I'm considering moving to a Dillon, as people seem to have a lot less problems bulk reloading with them, though I don't know if their powder drop or primer feed is any more consistent
Link Posted: 5/31/2014 9:03:03 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 5/31/2014 9:06:36 PM EDT
[#19]
My charges will sometimes vary by a half or more of a grain at times Always under, never over though.

If I go slower charges don't seem to vary as much.

It's the primer thing that really annoys me though. I think I might need to adjust the press as it's like the primer feed is shaving something somewhere, and tiny strips of metal keep jamming up the primer ram and feed tray, preventing it from seating fully...I should take a look at that tonight.
Link Posted: 5/31/2014 9:07:51 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 5/31/2014 9:14:22 PM EDT
[#21]
No, I got this press used...I'll figure it out, not like I have much else to do tonight

My only plans tonight are to load up some 9mm, hit up Walmart for some stuff, and then wait for daylight and go to Cabelas and buy some ammo boxes
Link Posted: 5/31/2014 9:15:30 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 5/31/2014 9:16:14 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Nada.  Soaking my foot (yay, infections!), drinking coffee, wishing I'd grabbed a cigar this afternoon, and fuming at the FBI.

You?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
What's up, puck?  

Nada.  Soaking my foot (yay, infections!), drinking coffee, wishing I'd grabbed a cigar this afternoon, and fuming at the FBI.

You?

FBI? dafuq did i miss?
Link Posted: 5/31/2014 9:17:54 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 5/31/2014 9:19:20 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I got delayed
View Quote

How the fuck did that happen?

I nearly bought a FDE G34 today
Link Posted: 5/31/2014 9:25:00 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

I got delayed
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
What's up, puck?  

You?

FBI? dafuq did i miss?

I got delayed

Oh, is that all

You are a shady mofo, I'll grant them that.
Link Posted: 5/31/2014 9:25:41 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 5/31/2014 9:26:34 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 5/31/2014 9:27:21 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 5/31/2014 9:29:42 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

It's true.  Between all the background checks they've already done on me, and all the security shit I hold for my other job, God knows what I might be doing with those guns
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh, is that all

You are a shady mofo, I'll grant them that.

It's true.  Between all the background checks they've already done on me, and all the security shit I hold for my other job, God knows what I might be doing with those guns

Extremely suspicious.....
Link Posted: 5/31/2014 10:10:31 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Beats the fuck out of me.  Some bastard with my name probably did something.  Or my coworker entered shit off my 4473 incorrectly

Why didn't you?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

How the fuck did that happen?

I nearly bought a FDE G34 today

Beats the fuck out of me.  Some bastard with my name probably did something.  Or my coworker entered shit off my 4473 incorrectly

Why didn't you?

Because believe it or not, my stock G19 trigger was better...well, mostly stock. Well, partially stock. I replaced the Gen 4 grooved trigger with a Gen 3 flat trigger. Then I did the .25 trigger job, polished the various surfaces of the trigger, disconnector, and back end of the firing pin...

But the G34 felt way, way worse than the G19 did before I polished anything...it was rough and gritty as hell. I always heard G34s and 35s had much nicer factory triggers...that one didn't, so I didn't buy it

Besides...it's too big to carry, and in general if I can't carry it I don't buy it...with some exceptions, like my Deagle™ brand Deagle™, and these WWII relics
Link Posted: 5/31/2014 10:17:03 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 5/31/2014 10:24:08 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I haven't had a chance to handle a 34 or 35 yet.

You should get rid of some of those worthless antiques
View Quote

Meh, the 34 or 35 are basically 17s with longer barrels and sights, and the magwell's been hogged out a little...and they come with extended slide stops from the factory. Supposedly they come with the 3.5lb connector but it sure didn't feel like it on the G34 I tried. Then again it was a Gen 4..I don't know if Gen 3s feel better. They probably do shoot really well though, with that much slide and barrel mass.

Besides - I need to buy new tires this week...it's either the tires or the Glock, and I need the tires more

About the only relic I have that I won't shoot at some point, is a Nambu I even took my Artillery Luger out to the range a couple of times, so I'm not one to shrink away from shooting unusual things..but I am just not comfortable trying that sucker out
Link Posted: 5/31/2014 10:25:18 PM EDT
[#34]
Holy shit it's nearly 1:30 already? Crap I better get something to eat and get started on reloading if I want to make it to the WalMart before the day shift starts
Link Posted: 5/31/2014 10:26:59 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 5/31/2014 10:29:00 PM EDT
[#36]
My G35 was a freaking laser before it got cut up now it's a laser with a decent site on it

Link Posted: 5/31/2014 10:29:59 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 5/31/2014 10:45:41 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

It looks nice, but it's no M&P9L
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
My G35 was a freaking laser before it got cut up now it's a laser with a decent site on it

It looks nice, but it's no M&P9L

Can it really claim the L title at 5".

My Dark Side has about 7/8" on it.
Link Posted: 5/31/2014 11:03:42 PM EDT
[#39]
Would someone please come over and beat me with a pipe?

It might make my day brighter.
Link Posted: 5/31/2014 11:05:37 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Would someone please come over and beat me with a pipe?

It might make my day brighter.
View Quote

I know you're having a bad day but I read that and couldn't help but laugh. Innuendo at it's finest.

It sounds like everyone  had a bad fucking day.
Link Posted: 5/31/2014 11:12:07 PM EDT
[#41]
Must be all our lucky day.  
Link Posted: 5/31/2014 11:36:35 PM EDT
[#42]
Mine hasn't been bad, but I don't want to sound like I'm rubbing it in...
Link Posted: 5/31/2014 11:37:43 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 6/1/2014 12:23:39 AM EDT
[#44]
I wonder how pissed the wife would be if I sat on the porch and smoked a cigar and drank a margarita when I get home from work.

Maybe if I just disappear she won't notice til it's to late
Link Posted: 6/1/2014 12:30:52 AM EDT
[#45]
Good luck! Man... a god margarita would go down pretty nice right now...
Link Posted: 6/1/2014 12:37:00 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Good luck! Man... a god margarita would go down pretty nice right now...
View Quote

I'm more interested in the padron 4000.

I figured it out. If I just go home and straight out to the porch before she gets out of bed I can get at least 30 minutes before she realizes I even came through the door.

I still haven't figured out why drinking and smoking at 7 am offends people.
Link Posted: 6/1/2014 12:41:22 AM EDT
[#47]
They just don't understand our night-walking ways. Neighborhood I used to live in, people would be walking out to their cars to go to work, and I'd be sitting on the porch with beer and smokes at 0730. Got some strange looks, but noone ever said anything. Loved the stares, though.
Link Posted: 6/1/2014 12:45:45 AM EDT
[#48]
God, I want a smoke  
Link Posted: 6/1/2014 12:46:25 AM EDT
[#49]
You an ex-smoker?
Link Posted: 6/1/2014 12:50:09 AM EDT
[#50]
Breakfast done, 700 primers stuffed into priming tubes, and 100 rounds of 38 super loaded. Woot. I need to shower and hit up Walmart now And I suppose I should take some pictures of and finally put up that Springer in .38 Super that I have later...
Page / 101
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top