BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 258
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 9:30:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

That person didn't say that the bowl games between the top ranked teams in the various conferences are the ones that mattered did he?  That would be outrageous.
View Quote

All bowl games matter. Obviously the BCS bowls matter more. The NCG the most.

However, thinking that two BCS loses from one year = statistical significance... That's some waterhead, need to wear a helmet, level logic.
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 9:31:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I'd just like thank naked gunman for toning down the fsu homer-ism.  He won't have to eat nearly as much crow in the next month or so.
View Quote

Well that started right after he made the boast that he would bet "FSU would whoop Mississippi State like a D2 school" and I challenged him to actually bet with me on it.

He's been dancing around it and barely posting since then.

However, I do give him more credit than RANGER_556 who said he would bet and then straight up pussied out.

Link Posted: 11/22/2014 9:33:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Nice fake FG, Vols!
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 9:35:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Well that started right after he made the boast that he would bet "FSU would whoop Mississippi State like a D2 school" and I challenged him to actually bet with me on it.

However, I do give him more credit than RANGER_556 who said he would bet and then straight up pussied out.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'd just like thank naked gunman for toning down the fsu homer-ism.  He won't have to eat nearly as much crow in the next month or so.

So far it's only been me and whoever sent some ammo to someone else, that have followed through on bets.
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 9:35:42 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Nice fake FG, Vols!
View Quote
Perfectly executed.

Link Posted: 11/22/2014 9:35:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 9:36:08 PM EDT
[#7]
Missouri, you're next

Link Posted: 11/22/2014 9:37:56 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Perfectly executed.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Nice fake FG, Vols!
Perfectly executed.

Bout woke the little girl when that happened.
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 9:39:21 PM EDT
[#9]
What happened to the Miami/Virginia game??
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 9:43:48 PM EDT
[#10]

Best dressed man in Arkansas.
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 9:43:50 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 9:47:00 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

That person didn't say that the bowl games between the top ranked teams in the various conferences are the ones that mattered did he?  That would be outrageous.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It was simply pointed out that the SEC went 7-2 (or whatever it was) during that bowl season.

Haters gonna hate.
http://www.gifbin.com/bin/102013/1382373179_ohio_state_marching_band__moonwalk__michael_jackson_tribute.gif

You claimed SEC fans were bragging about beating bad teams in their bowl wins last season a few pages ago.

I pointed out that the SEC's bowl record last season was brought up because some SEC hater decided to cherry pick which bowl games mattered.

The only response you can come up with: "haters gonna hate."

Your own special brand of stupidity seemed familiar and then I suddenly remembered where I know you from.

You're one of the hilariously delusional Ohio State homers that was shooting your mouth off about how Ohio State was going to play in the National Championship last season after Auburn beat Bama.  You were talking about what was going to happen not "if" but "when" Ohio State played FSU in the title game.

Then Ohio State lost to Michigan State by double digits.

Link Posted: 11/22/2014 9:47:00 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
What happened to the Miami/Virginia game??
View Quote

A Miami fan showed up to the game. Universe exploded.
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 9:47:50 PM EDT
[#14]

View Quote

Damn.

Seriously, what happened to the Miami game?  Its not even showing up under ACC scores, and isn't on ESPN2....
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 9:50:13 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 9:53:25 PM EDT
[#16]
All of the current games are gone
View Quote

Missouri & Tennessee are still on....
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 9:53:31 PM EDT
[#17]
If the weather at my house is any indication, the Baylor game is about to get a weather delay.  They're in a pocket right now, but heavy rain, thunder and lightning are heading their way.
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 9:55:03 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Damn.

Seriously, what happened to the Miami game?  Its not even showing up under ACC scores, and isn't on ESPN2....
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Damn.

I'm watching UVa/Miami right now.
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 9:55:05 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Damn.

espn.com is having some problems.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/scoreboard/FBS/2014/week13

http://www.foxsports.com/college-football/scores
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 9:56:10 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 9:56:29 PM EDT
[#21]
Looks like its back on...
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 9:59:06 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 9:59:09 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Nothing but Final scores are posted on ESPN scores page for me for a while.

Baylor OSU are playing I'm watching it. It was on ESPN along with Miss St and Auburn and they are all gone for me.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Baylor OSU are playing I'm watching it. It was on ESPN along with Miss St and Auburn and they are all gone for me.

Strange, Fox is carrying BU-OSU here.

Link Posted: 11/22/2014 10:01:58 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 10:03:12 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Thats a pretty good band to play for. If you want to be sexually assaulted and abused
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It was simply pointed out that the SEC went 7-2 (or whatever it was) during that bowl season.

Haters gonna hate.
http://www.gifbin.com/bin/102013/1382373179_ohio_state_marching_band__moonwalk__michael_jackson_tribute.gif

Thats a pretty good band to play for. If you want to be sexually assaulted and abused

"Sexual assault and abuse"  LOL

The two-month investigation uncovered a long list of sexually-charged situations. Band members were pressured to march up their stadium's ramp in their underwear. Upperclassmen gave raunchy nicknames to new members, who were often ordered to assume sexually suggestive poses. They were given sex surveys, dubbed "rookie midterms," and told to walk down the aisle of their tour bus while other students tried to remove their clothing.

"When everybody told you to get down to your underwear you weren't exactly sure what was going on," said former marching band member Jason Miaw. "We try to keep it hidden around parents and in public."

That sounds like frat and/or barracks shenanigans.  Yawn.

Maybe he was a serial rapist or something, but I haven' heard of it.

I think I endured more "sexual assault" at MEPS (not including the night at the hotel)
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 10:03:22 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
Sorry. ESPN.com scores page.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Strange, Fox is carrying BU-OSU here.

Sorry. ESPN.com scores page.

Ah, gotcha.

Link Posted: 11/22/2014 10:04:33 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

You need to slow down. You didnt read the defense and got sacked.

Your reply didnt match what was said...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm going to go ahead and say Michigan State and Wisconsin are better competition than FSU will play before the playoff this year.  Enjoy the post season.  

Maybe you'll get Brady Hoke for next year

I can't wait until Florida fans can start comparing their actual WINS to other teams' wins.  I'm sure several years packed full of "quality" losses are impressing a lot of people.

Good luck next weak, though.

At least Florida actually plays quality teams. Them winning or not, is another story.  I'd rather get beat up in a bar fight, than be the king of the hill at a girl's middle school.  However, neither of those is worth bragging about.

Yes, Mstate and Wisc are better teams than FSU will play before the playoff.

Where was the bragging about MSU/Wiscy?  If I just got my ass handed to me in a bar fight I wouldn't go to the middle school to laugh at kids.  YMMV

You need to slow down. You didnt read the defense and got sacked.

Your reply didnt match what was said...

Now I'll never win the internet.
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 10:06:10 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

However, thinking that two BCS loses from one year = statistical significance... That's some waterhead, need to wear a helmet, level logic.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I will continue to knit-pick the stats the support my argument
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 10:15:14 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Roughing the refs, QB's, superman punches and face masks. FSU is looking like a bunch of desperate thugs.

View Quote

The refs having more control of the pace of the game would also bring some of the HUNH bullshit that some teams get away with to a halt.
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 10:22:02 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
The refs having more control of the pace of the game would also bring some of the HUNH bullshit that some teams get away with to a halt.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Roughing the refs, QB's, superman punches and face masks. FSU is looking like a bunch of desperate thugs.

C'mon now Bret, just go lighter on the carbs and it'll all be good.

Link Posted: 11/22/2014 10:23:35 PM EDT
[#31]
Why all the noise in this thread about the leading ACC team? They're just this year's Ohio State, and the ACC doesn't have much to brag about.

By the way, next week's winner of Minnesota-Wisconsin wins the west spot in the B!G championship game, as improbable as that sounds.
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 10:24:41 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Was about to say...I didn't know brett/nick had accounts here....

Link Posted: 11/22/2014 10:45:50 PM EDT
[#33]
Big feeling of relief for me today.
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 10:50:49 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote

Which will last until the Lions/Pats game, right?
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 10:55:17 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I think Tom loses tomorow

Can't believe I actually am saying the Lions are a good team. LOL
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 11:13:03 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Why all the noise in this thread about the leading ACC team? They're just this year's Ohio State, and the ACC doesn't have much to brag about.

By the way, next week's winner of Minnesota-Wisconsin wins the west spot in the B!G championship game, as improbable as that sounds.
View Quote

LOL, what ev.
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 11:13:12 PM EDT
[#37]
Oh, and LOL at Michigan getting beat by Maryland. Not that 7-win teams are cream puffs, but Michigan. And Maryland.
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 11:18:32 PM EDT
[#38]
Just saw DK Prof at the UVA game.

Monk
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 11:33:49 PM EDT
[#39]
So, a little bit of an update. The following doesnt doesnt say anything, per say, in terms of finding how close a confrence is to another confrence. However I decieded to rank confrence "sameness." As in, what conference plays what conference the most. This is because eventually information from this can be used to rank conf/conf similarity. This is kind of one of the many steps before then. It represents 2010-2014 conf/conf information. With the aggregate data is normalized in a  matrix, this is used to find the eigenvector associated with the maximum eigenvalue of that normalized matrix. Multiplied that column vector by the original rows of the un-normalized matrix. This gives you normalized values weighted to the maximum. These numbers are not percentages, it's a normalized scalar value describing the overall data matrix.

In laymens terms... The lower the value, the more that conference plays other conferences.

Now, this particular info itself doesnt contribute to, or be used for group crosscorrelation. It was just a quick thing that I could assign a "rank" to. Even if it doesnt really mean much.

Well, it does say those 1st 8 divisions are going to be great for crosscorrelating everything else.
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 11:55:45 PM EDT
[#40]
Come on Vols.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 12:02:06 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
So, a little bit of an update. The following doesnt doesnt say anything, per say, in terms of finding how close a confrence is to another confrence. However I decieded to rank confrence "sameness." As in, what conference plays what conference the most. This is because eventually information from this can be used to rank conf/conf similarity. This is kind of one of the many steps before then. It represents 2010-2014 conf/conf information. With the aggregate data is normalized in a  matrix, this is used to find the eigenvector associated with the maximum eigenvalue of that normalized matrix. Multiplied that column vector by the original rows of the un-normalized matrix. This gives you normalized values weighted to the maximum. These numbers are not percentages, it's a normalized scalar value describing the overall data matrix.

In laymens terms... The lower the value, the more that conference plays other conferences.
http://s29.postimg.org/ndg2n9bdz/likeness_ranking.png

Now, this particular info itself doesnt contribute to, or be used for group crosscorrelation. It was just a quick thing that I could assign a "rank" to. Even if it doesnt really mean much.

Well, it does say those 1st 8 divisions are going to be great for crosscorrelating everything else.
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/23/2014 12:07:53 AM EDT
[#42]
Dammit, Vols!
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 12:13:34 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Dammit, Vols!
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/23/2014 12:17:08 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Dammit, Vols!
View Quote

Mizzou still has to get my the Razorbacks who are playing lights out lately.  Weirdest turnaround I have ever seen.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 12:32:34 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Mizzou still has to get my the Razorbacks who are playing lights out lately.  Weirdest turnaround I have ever seen.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Dammit, Vols!

They played lights out against LSU.  The Hogs held them to 123 yards of offense.

I think the Ole Miss score was mostly due to the Rebels sloppy offense, led by an injured Bo Wallace, committing 6 turnovers.  Ole Miss ended up with more first downs and more total yards.

Regardless, all 7 teams in the SEC West are going bowling this season.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 12:48:43 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

They played lights out against LSU.  The Hogs held them to 123 yards of offense.

I think the Ole Miss score was mostly due to the Rebels sloppy offense, led by an injured Bo Wallace, committing 6 turnovers.  Ole Miss ended up with more first downs and more total yards.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Dammit, Vols!

Indeed.  I was thinking earlier what bedlam it would be if Ole Miss beats State in the Egg Bowl and Auburn beats Bama in the Iron Bowl.  Not that I think it'll happen but you never say never.  Holy shit, the FSU homers would probably go blind from yankin it...
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 12:50:13 AM EDT
[#47]
okay guys.

In a game, over what point margin would you consider it simply playing a shit team or running up the score? Over 30, 40, X, etc points??
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 1:00:15 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
okay guys.

In a game, over what point margin would you consider it simply playing a shit team or running up the score? Over 30, 40, X, etc points??
View Quote

I think it depends on how much time is left, if the starters are still in, what plays you are running, etc.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 1:06:07 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

okay guys.

View Quote

Running up the score has less to do with point margin and more to do with when and how the last couple of scores go down.  Winning by 10 by running the ball in from the 2 with 30 seconds left and the opponents with no timeouts would qualify in my book as running up the score.

And margin of victory can be difficult to consider as well.  Case examples from my team's last couple of seasons:

2012 TCU 49, Baylor 21.  Score was 21-28 going into the 4th quarter.  We fell apart in the 4th.  We were beaten soundly, but if I hadn't watched the game, I'd assume we were dominated more than we were.

2013 Baylor 73, WVU 42.  Maybe not the most dominating win...until you realize the score was 56-14 at the half, the starters on offense were pulled after the first drive of the second half, and WVU scored one of their first-half touchdowns on a muffed punt recovered in the endzone.

Both games have about a 30 point margin of victory by the winning team but had entirely different complexions.

Link Posted: 11/23/2014 1:09:37 AM EDT
[#50]
Page / 258
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top