BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 6
Link Posted: 5/31/2014 12:03:16 AM EDT
[#1]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Demo will not work. But be sure to play it anyway, to help make the decision. And it's nothing like Multiplayer. It's been said before, we've got a ton of extra aides, mods, minigames, etc.

Odds are if you're even asking how to connect with a Kindle, you'll like the Desktop version A LOT more.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Damn, $27... Will the demo work?  Or do I need to just stop being such a cheap ass?  

Demo will not work. But be sure to play it anyway, to help make the decision. And it's nothing like Multiplayer. It's been said before, we've got a ton of extra aides, mods, minigames, etc.

Odds are if you're even asking how to connect with a Kindle, you'll like the Desktop version A LOT more.

to be honest with you, I don't get the game at all, but my kids are addicted to it

Link Posted: 5/31/2014 12:04:04 AM EDT
[#2]
I need to login and rebuild my old ARFCOM art.
Link Posted: 5/31/2014 12:14:09 AM EDT
[#3]
My daughter is addicted to this game. I have no interest, I'm more of a battlefield gamer. She's been begging me for tickets to minorama whatever the fck that is. All I know is tickets were ridiculous for her a friend and a parent. Wtf is going on games going backward in time? This looks like something I would of played on a Commodore 64.
Link Posted: 5/31/2014 12:27:42 AM EDT
[#4]
so I bought the son of a bitch, how to i speak on there?
Link Posted: 5/31/2014 12:38:30 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
so I bought the son of a bitch, how to i speak on there?
View Quote

Press T. Good to see you on.
Link Posted: 5/31/2014 10:47:22 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Wtf is going on games going backward in time? This looks like something I would of played on a Commodore 64.
View Quote

Really?

As a guy who started gaming on a C64, I don't think you remember how any of those games actually looked. And I'm sure none of them had worlds that took over two months to walk across.

If your opinion on games is based solely on how they look, then sure, Minecraft probably isn't for you. Go play the Metro series or something like that if you want pretty (which are great games as well). Half the appeal of Minecraft is the simple appearance while it can get several degrees more complicated than 99% of other games out there if you wish... but the beauty is that you can play it however you want. If you want to build tiny box houses, grand cathedrals, fight monsters, build computers, mine all day, adventure with other players, role play, you can do any of it.
Link Posted: 5/31/2014 11:12:10 AM EDT
[#7]
Wasn't trying to bash the game. It just isn't for me. Again like I said it's my daughters preoccupation ATM. She is enveloped in it and is all consumed, wish I could get into it but I can't.
Link Posted: 5/31/2014 11:15:24 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Wasn't trying to bash the game. It just isn't for me. Again like I said it's my daughters preoccupation ATM. She is enveloped in it and is all consumed, wish I could get into it but I can't.
View Quote

FWIW, bud.. you can get texture packs that make the game look incredible compared to the original.

Honestly the graphically rough character of the game is part of the charm.  It's an acquired taste of sorts.
Link Posted: 5/31/2014 11:20:53 AM EDT
[#9]
tagscribification
Link Posted: 5/31/2014 11:35:55 AM EDT
[#10]
These guys are EXPERT builders
Link Posted: 5/31/2014 11:38:18 AM EDT
[#11]
Some of the MODS are kinda creepy though.

AR15GLOCK21
Link Posted: 5/31/2014 11:39:40 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

AR15GLOCK21
View Quote

Yeah, but we won't name any names will we Glock?

Link Posted: 5/31/2014 11:41:56 AM EDT
[#13]
I should ask before I jump back in: is there a survival area like I've always wanted? I've always hated trying to play a survival area, building my own things and such, and running into a giant fucking painting of Natalie Portman or something.

Ideally, I would like to play in a non-griefing PVP survival area, but y'all are a bunch of slack-jawed faggots and won't play with me.
Link Posted: 5/31/2014 1:01:25 PM EDT
[#14]
Ok, I stand corrected as far as the PC graphics go.  Some of those 128x128 texture packs look every bit as good as what I've got going in fortresscraft.  I told her to get the PC version but she just wouldn't listen.  Maybe once she sees these textures she'll pick it up.   Any other bonuses with the PC compared to the 360?  She got the game because she heard about a TWD mod, but modding on the console is a pain.
Link Posted: 5/31/2014 5:56:35 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Ok, I stand corrected as far as the PC graphics go.  Some of those 128x128 texture packs look every bit as good as what I've got going in fortresscraft.  I told her to get the PC version but she just wouldn't listen.  Maybe once she sees these textures she'll pick it up.   Any other bonuses with the PC compared to the 360?  She got the game because she heard about a TWD mod, but modding on the console is a pain.
View Quote
Yes. everything. I couldn't even begin to list the differences. For one my minecraft looks like this.

Besides the Obvious above.

We have Guns in the PC version, the xbox version is missing half the blocks and features, and on top of all this stuff we use plugins on our server which are completely impossible to use on the console version.

Link Posted: 5/31/2014 6:10:11 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I should ask before I jump back in: is there a survival area like I've always wanted? I've always hated trying to play a survival area, building my own things and such, and running into a giant fucking painting of Natalie Portman or something.

Ideally, I would like to play in a non-griefing PVP survival area, but y'all are a bunch of slack-jawed faggots and won't play with me.
View Quote

You shouldnt worry too much. Most of the builds are thousands of blocks away from where you actually build your living house.

And agreed, some of the artwork and buildings are just stunning.
Link Posted: 5/31/2014 6:16:52 PM EDT
[#17]
My 7yo son was playing it for a while and I think he would fit in well. There better be a lot of farts.  I'll see if he's interested
Link Posted: 5/31/2014 6:27:03 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
My daughter is addicted to this game. I have no interest, I'm more of a battlefield gamer. She's been begging me for tickets to minorama whatever the fck that is. All I know is tickets were ridiculous for her a friend and a parent. Wtf is going on games going backward in time? This looks like something I would of played on a Commodore 64.
View Quote

I got banned from the ARF server for attempting to bomb someones house, Sappers lead the way!
Link Posted: 5/31/2014 11:28:31 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

My 7yo son was playing it for a while and I think he would fit in well. There better be a lot of farts.  I'll see if he's interested
View Quote
A 7 year old would not fit in well on an adult gaming server, unless you want him showing you links of nice tits he saw posted in game or talking about the differences in Thailand lady boys. The chat in game is like GD with no moderators, we don't mute anyone unless they go on a racism rant.

Link Posted: 5/31/2014 11:46:51 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
I got banned from the ARF server for attempting to bomb someones house, Sappers lead the way!
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Yep being a jerk to other people will get you banned real quick, causing anyone grief AKA "griefing" will get you banned on almost any server.

Link Posted: 5/31/2014 11:47:01 PM EDT
[#21]
I would definitely say that the server is not for a seven-year-old.
Link Posted: 5/31/2014 11:50:56 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

We have an economy, player run shops, functioning guns, lots of mini games and death match arenas that utilize our functioning guns, last man standing arenas that are PVP and PVE, the arenas automatically give out prizes, red stone fueled jet packs, true tree fall physics, an much much more. WE ARE NOT VANILLA  
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

arfcom sever is great anfd all but vanilla is pretty boring.
we are very far from vanilla

tech mods?  magic mods?  content adders like biomes o plenty?  extra blocks?  micro parts? if no.. glorified vanilla

We have an economy, player run shops, functioning guns, lots of mini games and death match arenas that utilize our functioning guns, last man standing arenas that are PVP and PVE, the arenas automatically give out prizes, red stone fueled jet packs, true tree fall physics, an much much more. WE ARE NOT VANILLA  
i remember one of the earlier iterations

Link Posted: 6/1/2014 12:05:34 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

arfcom sever is great anfd all but vanilla is pretty boring.
we are very far from vanilla

tech mods?  magic mods?  content adders like biomes o plenty?  extra blocks?  micro parts? if no.. glorified vanilla

Yeah the ones that were run by crazy people that have since been banned from arfcom, we aren't the same people or the same server.

Link Posted: 6/1/2014 12:20:28 AM EDT
[#24]
My boy is a Minecraft nut
He just joined in, he has had the talk about respecting whats there.
Thanks All!
Link Posted: 6/1/2014 12:27:07 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
My boy is a Minecraft nut
He just joined in, he has had the talk about respecting whats there.
Thanks All!
View Quote

He'll have a great time.
Link Posted: 6/1/2014 12:37:10 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Yes. everything. I couldn't even begin to list the differences. For one my minecraft looks like this.

http://minecraft.joyistik.com/images/icerik/7fad08e37405e09ccc8c53518f41e269642.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/hD0Gb.jpg

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-7tDTS_cAv7g/UHVmkdqjTlI/AAAAAAAAAOc/76uGGs__bmM/s1600/Extreme+Photo+Realism+1.3.2+Texture+Pack++Minecraft+1.3.2.jpg

We have Guns in the PC version, the xbox version is missing half the blocks and features, and on top of all this stuff we use plugins on our server which are completely impossible to use on the console version.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://minecraft.joyistik.com/images/icerik/7fad08e37405e09ccc8c53518f41e269642.jpg

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-7tDTS_cAv7g/UHVmkdqjTlI/AAAAAAAAAOc/76uGGs__bmM/s1600/Extreme+Photo+Realism+1.3.2+Texture+Pack++Minecraft+1.3.2.jpg

What texture pack are you running bud?

Link Posted: 6/1/2014 12:38:36 AM EDT
[#27]
Hi is first time on a modded server, he said, he already used up his two hours of online time but he's having a blast so I'll let him play awhile
He is really good about following rules so I don't foresee any problems, if so, let me know and I'll get him straight.
He's still in jail, do you know how long that lasts? he is goedhart234 on there.
  Thanks Again all, you made a lil mans night
Link Posted: 6/1/2014 12:57:05 AM EDT
[#28]
How do you set up the team speak?  I cannot get it to connect.

Was on for the first time earlier, damn zombies,  Rothroq.
Link Posted: 6/1/2014 1:28:30 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

View Quote
open team speak, press connect, type in valhalla.sx

then go into the channel that everyone else is in

Link Posted: 6/1/2014 1:32:40 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Hi is first time on a modded server, he said, he already used up his two hours of online time but he's having a blast so I'll let him play awhile
He is really good about following rules so I don't foresee any problems, if so, let me know and I'll get him straight.
He's still in jail, do you know how long that lasts? he is goedhart234 on there.
View Quote

Just a fair warning there is nudity in parts of the gallery and we generally talk about 18+ things. So if you're okay with that, then by all means, he's more than welcome to play. :) We love having all types of different people here on the server of all ages, but forewarning it does get pretty crazy at night. But the more people the merrier.
Link Posted: 6/1/2014 3:07:53 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Got it, thanks
Link Posted: 6/1/2014 3:26:13 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

its a mix of a few packs actually i just went to planetinecraft and selected texture packs and then searched by the highest resolutions. I actually mainly use that other texture pack the one I made for the server "Snake Pack V2"

Link Posted: 6/2/2014 1:13:23 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

its a mix of a few packs actually i just went to planetinecraft and selected texture packs and then searched by the highest resolutions. I actually mainly use that other texture pack the one I made for the server "Snake Pack V2"

View Quote

Is that the guns pack in town hall?  Thanks.
Link Posted: 6/2/2014 1:15:02 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

nope that is the one in the team speak, you get it by right clicking the viking lobby and going to file browser

Link Posted: 6/2/2014 2:00:58 AM EDT
[#35]

Thanks for the help MetalWench, I sit next to him while he plays and recommended he turn the chat off the screen he's pretty oblivious to all that.
I'll keep an eye out, he really is diggin' it. I see the draw, you all are having fun! I have fun spectating

Quoted:

Just a fair warning there is nudity in parts of the gallery and we generally talk about 18+ things. So if you're okay with that, then by all means, he's more than welcome to play. :) We love having all types of different people here on the server of all ages, but forewarning it does get pretty crazy at night. But the more people the merrier.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 6/2/2014 5:37:52 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

AR15GLOCK21

Pot, meet kettle.

I need to get back on. It's been a while and I'm about burned out on GTA V, Titanfall, and BF4
Link Posted: 6/2/2014 7:40:59 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
Pot, meet kettle.

I need to get back on. It's been a while and I'm about burned out on GTA V, Titanfall, and BF4
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

AR15GLOCK21

Pot, meet kettle.

We miss the pedostache.

Link Posted: 6/2/2014 8:01:59 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
Pot, meet kettle.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

AR15GLOCK21

Pot, meet kettle.

Those are chump games!!! We have been playing Path of Exile, Guns, and Warcraft 3 Frozen Throne. Been looking for a new one recently i think Payday 2 is on sale supposed to be the best co-op game out there.

Link Posted: 6/2/2014 8:27:34 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Pot, meet kettle.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

AR15GLOCK21

Pot, meet kettle.

I was kidding anyway.

Good to see you dude!! Come back!
Link Posted: 6/2/2014 8:29:29 PM EDT
[#40]
I made a stickman.  It's really nice.  You all should check it out.
Link Posted: 6/2/2014 11:08:28 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote

what texture pack is that?
Link Posted: 6/3/2014 4:39:53 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

its a mix, head to planetminecraft.com and search texture packs by high resolution.

Link Posted: 6/5/2014 8:22:04 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote

I haven't tried out watch dogs yet and had it over a week. I need to slack off the minecraft...
Link Posted: 6/6/2014 6:14:52 PM EDT
[#44]
Hey Dev is running his own build contest/town now

it's at

/warp trollheim
Link Posted: 6/7/2014 4:32:12 PM EDT
[#45]

My Murder Satan blimp is almost done. lmao
Link Posted: 6/8/2014 12:41:40 AM EDT
[#46]
lol murder blimp nice.
Link Posted: 6/8/2014 2:29:01 AM EDT
[#47]
2 contests complete, 2 more to go. I'm glad I'm playing again
Link Posted: 6/8/2014 4:26:53 PM EDT
[#48]

Link Posted: 6/8/2014 4:48:19 PM EDT
[#49]
The blimp is done. Now I'm working on something different in my area. I think theme park? I dunno yet. Still looking. Gah!
Link Posted: 6/9/2014 12:45:23 AM EDT
[#50]
Did you see Zugais entry to the space competition?
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top