Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 116
Link Posted: 10/9/2014 8:02:35 PM EDT
[#1]
After many hours  of internal debate for years over whether to spend thousands on an mg, I think it's safe to say, I'm looking for a donation link.

Link Posted: 10/9/2014 8:17:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Nolo, the big three or four crowd funding sites specifically preclude fundraising for firearms related ventures.

Maybe there are some smaller ones out there that are 2A friendly, though.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
If anyone has ideas on crowd funding sites or how to get donations set up (still not asking yet), please PM me.  I am looking at various websites to crowd fund this bad boy and fundraising it not my forte.

Nolo, the big three or four crowd funding sites specifically preclude fundraising for firearms related ventures.

Maybe there are some smaller ones out there that are 2A friendly, though.

Which one were the aim point cover on?
Link Posted: 10/9/2014 8:24:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/9/2014 8:24:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

i have asked Striker to approve.  the donation page is set up and I am waiting for approval.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
After many hours  of internal debate for years over whether to spend thousands on an mg, I think it's safe to say, I'm looking for a donation link.

i have asked Striker to approve.  the donation page is set up and I am waiting for approval.

Have the cases been filed?
Link Posted: 10/9/2014 8:28:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/9/2014 8:41:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Have ya'll been in any negotiations with ATF legal council? Looking bad or promising from there perspective?

Quoted:

Not yet.....  though there are things happening behind the scenes i can't post about yet.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not yet.....  though there are things happening behind the scenes i can't post about yet.

Link Posted: 10/9/2014 8:45:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

None of those things are concerns at all with Bitcoin, if set up properly. I've already volunteered to do that.

Why on Earth would you refuse donations?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Can we please avoid Bit Coins.  Let's keep the donations and standards of money involved in line with existing US laws while also avoiding the concerns of bit coin hacks/lost coinage and value fluctuations.

Thanks
Wes

None of those things are concerns at all with Bitcoin, if set up properly. I've already volunteered to do that.

What do you gain with bitcoins?

A donation to legal proceedings would simply be a donation stating that you were supporting the legal inquiry into the depths of protections of constitutionally protected rights.

With the US government already doing it's best to try to figure out how to contain and prevent the use of bitcoins and their use related to the purchase of contraband items, there's no reason to add another issue to be dealt with that can distract from success of this case.

Think of the media sound bites..."People who think fully automatic machine guns should be available for everyone are using "bitcoins", a false currency used by many involved in illegal trades of guns drugs and stolen items, to finance their attorney."

Why bother with that nonsense when simply sending a check or kicking a paypal donation in or whatever means via credit card online will provide ample opportunity to contribute to the cases.

Wes
Link Posted: 10/9/2014 8:47:32 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

A donation to legal proceedings would simply be a donation stating that you were supporting the legal inquiry into the depths of protections of constitutionally protected rights.

With the US government already doing it's best to try to figure out how to contain and prevent the use of bitcoins and their use related to the purchase of contraband items, there's no reason to add another issue to be dealt with that can distract from success of this case.

Think of the media sound bites..."People who think fully automatic machine guns should be available for everyone are using "bitcoins", a false currency used by many involved in illegal trades of guns drugs and stolen items, to finance their attorney."

Why bother with that nonsense when simply sending a check or kicking a paypal donation in or whatever means via credit card online will provide ample opportunity to contribute to the cases.

Wes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Can we please avoid Bit Coins.  Let's keep the donations and standards of money involved in line with existing US laws while also avoiding the concerns of bit coin hacks/lost coinage and value fluctuations.

Thanks
Wes

Wes

You obviously have no idea what you're talking about when it comes to bitcoin.
Link Posted: 10/9/2014 9:03:33 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

I know quite a bit about the currency system.  The problem is that the media can have a field day with it.

Check out these headlines:
One in twenty have bought illegal drugs with Bitcoin

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/news/10728809/One-in-twenty-have-bought-illegal-drugs-with-Bitcoin.html

7 Shocking Things You Can Buy with Bitcoins
Drugs
Guns
Sex
Hackers Tools
Forged Documents
Hit men
Lasers

http://news.discovery.com/tech/gear-and-gadgets/7-shocking-things-buy-bitcoin-131009.htm

Hackers allegedly stole $400 million in bitcoins

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/the-switch/wp/2014/02/28/hackers-allegedly-stole-400-million-in-bitcoins-heres-how-to-catch-them/

Either way, if bitcoins are involved/required to make an "official" donation, you will see many people avoid association with the donation system.

I'm not going to derail this thread any further, if someone wants to talk bitcoins in more details, then start a new thread.  My point is we don't need to associate this case with anything that can be used as PR/Media weapon to undermine the credibility of the legal fight.

Wes
Link Posted: 10/9/2014 9:05:23 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 10/9/2014 9:16:06 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Have ya'll been in any negotiations with ATF legal council? Looking bad or promising from there perspective?

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why? I can see that discussion "Counselor, you should bring lube to court, we plan to go in dry and are exceptionally well hung."
Link Posted: 10/9/2014 10:20:29 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 10/9/2014 10:42:28 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

my fundraising request has been approved.  I will post something shortly once I have the necessary information.
View Quote
Hurry up.

Link Posted: 10/9/2014 10:43:11 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Hurry up.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

my fundraising request has been approved.  I will post something shortly once I have the necessary information.
Hurry up.

No shit, some of us have legal machine guns we need to build.

Link Posted: 10/9/2014 10:46:05 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 10/9/2014 10:52:26 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

Anybody else have a freedom boner right now?
Link Posted: 10/9/2014 10:55:30 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Many of us will have to contact a medical professional in less than 4 hours.
Link Posted: 10/9/2014 10:56:51 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote
Hurry up.

View Quote
No shit, some of us have legal machine guns we need to build.

View Quote

Did you forget your screen name again bob?
Link Posted: 10/9/2014 10:58:36 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 10/9/2014 11:07:12 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
I've had one all day long.  I had an appointment today getting some paperwork signed.  I'm about to be a new member of a federal court.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I've had one all day long.  I had an appointment today getting some paperwork signed.  I'm about to be a new member of a federal court.  
That's awesome!  

Link Posted: 10/9/2014 11:07:33 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

That's awesome!  

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

That's awesome!  

Yeah, no kidding!

Link Posted: 10/9/2014 11:09:23 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So you were bribed by the Feds to drop the lawsuit with an appointment to the federal court?
Link Posted: 10/9/2014 11:16:26 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

I know quite a bit about the currency system.  The problem is that the media can have a field day with it.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/news/10728809/One-in-twenty-have-bought-illegal-drugs-with-Bitcoin.html

http://news.discovery.com/tech/gear-and-gadgets/7-shocking-things-buy-bitcoin-131009.htm

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/the-switch/wp/2014/02/28/hackers-allegedly-stole-400-million-in-bitcoins-heres-how-to-catch-them/

Either way, if bitcoins are involved/required to make an "official" donation, you will see many people avoid association with the donation system.

I'm not going to derail this thread any further, if someone wants to talk bitcoins in more details, then start a new thread.  My point is we don't need to associate this case with anything that can be used as PR/Media weapon to undermine the credibility of the legal fight.

Wes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

One in twenty have bought illegal drugs with Bitcoin

7 Shocking Things You Can Buy with Bitcoins
Drugs
Guns
Sex
Hackers Tools
Forged Documents
Hit men
Lasers

Hackers allegedly stole $400 million in bitcoins

Wes

I will briefly. And I'll counter you with some places that accept bitcoin.

Newegg
Overstock
Amazon
Shopify
Aliexpress
Dish Network
CeX
1800Flowers
Monoprix
AirBaltic
Theater Tickets Direct
Honest Brew
REEDS Jewlers
Sac Kings
San Jose Earthquakes
Expedia
Holiday Inn
Cai-Capita
Pembury Tavern
Foodler

Your argument is akin to telling them not to accept USD because it's used to buy drugs and whatnot.

End derail
Link Posted: 10/9/2014 11:22:50 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 10/9/2014 11:24:20 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 10/9/2014 11:31:01 PM EDT
[#26]
Regarding the bitcoin you are both right. I am inclined to agree with xviperx420 wangstang. We need to provide as few PR opportunities for the anti gun pundits to spin. Its possible that they don't spin the bitcoin point but it's possible they do.  We need all the angles we can get.

Then again funding is funding and if people offer bitcoin...

Edit: see strike through, sorry for the confusion.
Link Posted: 10/9/2014 11:32:39 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Regarding the bitcoin you are both right. I am inclined to agree with xviperx420. We need to provide as few PR opportunities for the anti gun pundits to spin. Its possible that they don't spin the bitcoin point but it's possible they do.  We need all the angles we can get.

Then again funding is funding and if people offer bitcoin...
View Quote

...they can cash it out themselves and put the dollars into the hat.

Problem solved, problem staying solved.
Link Posted: 10/9/2014 11:39:11 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

No!  I was sworn in to a different state's federal court today.  It will all be revealed soon.
View Quote
If this works out, may I purchase you time with a hooker (in a place where it is legal) to show my appreciation?

Link Posted: 10/9/2014 11:46:27 PM EDT
[#29]
Go Nolo! I know there are undoubtably some gifted attorneys involved with this but having Nolo in the mix makes me feel a lot better about our chances.

As for the bitcoin thing, I agree with wangstang. The opposition and the media love to spin whatever they can against us. Let's not make it easy for them. Most people don't know anything about crypto-currency beyond what they hear in the news and this could be easily spun-fed to the ignorant masses.
Link Posted: 10/10/2014 12:46:23 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Please and thank you.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

End derail

Please and thank you.  

+1.

My offer stands to help and to donate - but I'm not going to discuss it further in this thread.
Link Posted: 10/10/2014 1:10:38 AM EDT
[#31]
I don't know if it would be useful or appreciated, but I want to donate a form 1-able XM-67A1 frag grenade body and fuze assembly for the cause in a color of an individual's choosing.
Link Posted: 10/10/2014 11:39:04 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I don't know if it would be useful or appreciated, but I want to donate a form 1-able XM-67A1 frag grenade body and fuze assembly for the cause in a color of an individual's choosing.
View Quote

Please film the UPS guy's reaction when you declare what you're shipping
Link Posted: 10/10/2014 11:45:51 AM EDT
[#33]
So should I submit an eform1 to go full auto on my PS90 or wait for all this to get straightened out?
Link Posted: 10/10/2014 11:46:04 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote

Any updates? Some of us are more than a little ready to wildly throw cash at this effort.
Link Posted: 10/10/2014 11:49:40 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

The details on funding are still being worked out.  An update will be posted in the OP when we have everything in order.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Teasers continue:

Another step closer.  

Seriously,  a "post 86 machine gun litigation" thread needs to start when you info bomb us.

I will.

Lawsuit #3 in the works.

maybe i have missed this, but how is funding working on this?  

Which/what court are you filing in?

The details on funding are still being worked out.  An update will be posted in the OP when we have everything in order.

Yes i know this, but i asked a question to the guy on the internet that says hes an attorney. mainly,on how he is presently facilitating funding on the cases that have been filed etc. Not the reception of donations

neither of my questions have been not been answered.

last i checked, attorneys do not file, nor do any work for free.

Also, is there anyone to verify that the person asking for donations is actually trustworthy for hundreds of people to give thousands of dollars to supposedly file a suit in an unnamed district, with an unnamed case, and actually follow through without any checks and balances?

adding up on this thread, it seems to be expected a shit load of money to be pledged. I would like to know if it actually goes to the cause, not the person.

Link Posted: 10/10/2014 11:56:14 AM EDT
[#36]
Quote criio1

Yes i know this, but i asked a question to the guy on the internet that says hes an attorney. mainly,on how he is presently facilitating funding on the cases that have been filed etc. Not the reception of donations

Also, is there anyone to verify that the person asking for donations is actually trustworthy for hundreds of people to give thousands of dollars to supposedly file a suit in an unnamed district, with an unnamed case, and actually follow through without any checks and balances?

adding up on this thread, it seems to be expected a shit load of money to be pledged. I would like to know if it actually goes to the cause, not the person.

End quote

Lol

Eta fuck this stupid quote limit shit

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 10/10/2014 12:01:44 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quote criio1

End quote
Lol
View Quote
Yeah if Nolo isn't the man for this I'm not sure anyone is.

Link Posted: 10/10/2014 12:13:21 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quote criio1

End quote

Lol

Source?

NOLO law comes up with nothing for me on google fu

ETA, a link to quickin and self help
Link Posted: 10/10/2014 12:13:25 PM EDT
[#39]
Still waiting on my 2 refunds, been past 30 days now maybe they'll  keep it and give me my stamps when the lawsuits are filed lol.
Link Posted: 10/10/2014 12:16:11 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote

Dude,

Relax.   Nolo is good to go.  

If, for whatever reason you have reservations.   Wait for a while before donating.   This is not going to happen in a few weeks, you'll have plenty of time to donate.

Nolo also explained somewhere in this thread how any donations would be spent and what would happen to any excess funds.   I didn't read it closely, 'cause I trust the man and really don't care what happens to any leftover (yeah right!) funds.
Link Posted: 10/10/2014 12:19:15 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 10/10/2014 12:21:08 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Dude,

If, for whatever reason you have reservations.   Wait for a while before donating.   This is not going to happen in a few weeks, you'll have plenty of time to donate.

Nolo also explained somewhere in this thread how any donations would be spent and what would happen to any excess funds.   I didn't read it closely, 'cause I trust the man and really don't care what happens to any leftover (yeah right!) funds.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dude,

i recall this.

i'm relaxed. i'm just questioning how money is spent, don't you question how your money is spent?
Link Posted: 10/10/2014 12:31:40 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

i recall this.

i'm relaxed. i'm just questioning how money is spent, don't you question how your money is spent?
View Quote

Nolo explained above so I'll keep it short.

If I am comfortable enough to donate, it means I have enough trust to not need an accounting.

Of course, my donations tend to be small, cause my daughters keep me broke most of the time.
Link Posted: 10/10/2014 12:51:31 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks
Wes

Wes

The understanding of bitcoin on this forum is about as good as the knowledge of firearms by MSNBC.
Link Posted: 10/10/2014 12:56:26 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote

If you go back through this thread, you'll see many of us (Nolo, Orpheus, I_am_Dan, several others including me) saying to wait on donating until there was a organized way of accepting donations that would have some transparency and be completely on the up and up. We absolutely did not want someone to start accepting donations and then making off with the money or otherwise betraying the trust and intentions of the donors.

Nolo is good to go. Nolo is one of the most respected members of this site. Many here consider him a friend. Don't send money to anyone until you feel comfortable, but when Nolo says the case(s) are filed and we need funding, I'm sending money.
Link Posted: 10/10/2014 2:12:46 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

i recall this.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dude,

i recall this.

I don't care how my money is spent if we get MGs.

FYI, I personally know Nolo. He is good to go.
Link Posted: 10/10/2014 2:23:33 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

There have not been any filed cases yet.  I am working on a complaint that will be filed "soon," but can't disclose the exact date yet.  The ATF and others are viewing this site, and the ATF will be a defendant in this case.  

View Quote

This thread just keeps getting more and more awesome every day
Link Posted: 10/10/2014 2:42:26 PM EDT
[#48]
I have a freedom boner and I want to make it rain all over the legal fund
Link Posted: 10/10/2014 2:51:10 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 10/10/2014 2:52:00 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 116
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top