User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 116
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 4:34:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What so special about owning a MG , I own one and the ATF had no part in my owning it !
View Quote

Uhhh......... If you're serious and not just trolling, there could be some federal pound-me-in-the-ass prison  in your future.

Link Posted: 3/7/2015 4:35:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Exactly.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Do you want this one locked?

Nah, I'm just saying,  all of the current and productive conversation is going on in Nolo's thread.
true, but there is allot of background info and story that need to be told/reread, and would be lost with a lock  

Exactly.

I'm not saying I want a lock, I'm just saying that any further conversation in this thread likely won't give you the whole picture without reading Nolo's thread.
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 4:38:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
What so special about owning a MG , I own one and the ATF had no part in my owning it !
View Quote

Go on....
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 4:43:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I'm not saying I want a lock, I'm just saying that any further conversation in this thread likely won't give you the whole picture without reading Nolo's thread.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Do you want this one locked?

Nah, I'm just saying,  all of the current and productive conversation is going on in Nolo's thread.
true, but there is allot of background info and story that need to be told/reread, and would be lost with a lock  

Exactly.

This thread should remain unlocked on the off chance of a victory celebration.
Link Posted: 3/8/2015 12:01:34 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote

It'll be like the ewok orgy after the death star blew up.
Link Posted: 3/8/2015 12:18:41 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I wouldn't want to be a moderator or site staff when that happens.  The number of dupes will be astronomical.  This thread and the NOLO thread will each hit 1,000 pages within hours.  The massive electron surge headed toward the servers in Texas will disrupt Earth's magnetic field and may even realign the poles, making Dallas the new magnetic north pole.
Link Posted: 3/8/2015 11:58:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I need to buy oone of those Tapco lowers to form 1.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Besides, if Nolo wins, how will I be able to post pics of my Form 1 approved select-fire OBR if this thread is locked?

Make sure you put a slidefire on it along with obligatory Tapco furniture...

Link Posted: 3/9/2015 12:04:32 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Besides, if Nolo wins, how will I be able to post pics of my Form 1 approved select-fire OBR if this thread is locked?

You mean drill the 3rd hole?

ETA: Or do you mean to bump fire it while in full auto?
Link Posted: 3/9/2015 12:27:46 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I wouldn't want to be a moderator or site staff when that happens.  The number of dupes will be astronomical.  This thread and the NOLO thread will each hit 1,000 pages within hours.  The massive electron surge headed toward the servers in Texas will disrupt Earth's magnetic field and may even realign the poles, making Dallas the new magnetic north pole.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think the mods would just give up for a week.

If it happens, I promise to post non-COC hot chick pictures in GD. Ban me, I won't care, I'll be too busy Form 1'ing all the things, including revolvers, a flintlock, my toaster oven, truck and iPhone.
Link Posted: 3/9/2015 12:31:51 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

If it happens, I promise to post non-COC hot chick pictures in GD. Ban me, I won't care, I'll be too busy Form 1'ing all the things, including revolvers, a flintlock, my toaster oven, truck and iPhone.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You had better have them filled out in advance because the wait will streach into the years

Link Posted: 3/9/2015 12:34:28 AM EDT
[#11]
It takes seven months now, if we win it will take seven years to get your form 1 back
Link Posted: 3/9/2015 12:38:06 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
It takes seven months now, if we win it will take seven years to get your form 1 back
View Quote

A right delayed is a right denied.

Sue all the things!
Link Posted: 3/9/2015 12:47:55 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You just know some redneck somewhere will bubba up an M-16 with a slidefire.  That was more what I was thinking "It will make it shoot faster!"
Link Posted: 3/9/2015 6:53:00 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

AWWWWWW YIIIIIIIIIIISSSSSSSSSSS
Link Posted: 3/9/2015 7:21:26 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

If Nolo wins, you may not need one.
Link Posted: 4/5/2015 9:15:06 PM EDT
[#16]
I purchased my trust on Black Friday from 199trust.  Just moved in to the new house, so I can notarize it tomorrow with the correct address.

From the OP:

Should I submit a Form 1 through a trust right now?

Yes. As of right now, the ATF is aware of what is going on with these Form 1s. Your submission will likely be rejected, however it would add you to a class of trustees who have standing against the ATF in the event of future legal action. Even though your Form 1 application will likely be denied, it would be helpful to submit a Form 1.

Is this still a good idea?  I want to have STANDING if the lawsuit overturns the Hughes Amendment on the account of the GCA definition of a "person".
Link Posted: 4/5/2015 9:21:00 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I purchased my trust on Black Friday from 199trust.  Just moved in to the new house, so I can notarize it tomorrow with the correct address.

From the OP:

Yes. As of right now, the ATF is aware of what is going on with these Form 1s. Your submission will likely be rejected, however it would add you to a class of trustees who have standing against the ATF in the event of future legal action. Even though your Form 1 application will likely be denied, it would be helpful to submit a Form 1.

Is this still a good idea?  I want to have STANDING if the lawsuit overturns the Hughes Amendment on the account of the GCA definition of a "person".
View Quote

If the lawsuit is successful, everybody will be able to form 1 a MG.

I'd  say you're probably good sitting tight since the ball is already rolling.  Should you decide to file, the worst they can do is say "no".
Link Posted: 4/5/2015 9:38:21 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

If the lawsuit is successful, every body TRUST will be able to form 1 a MG.

I'd say you're probably good sitting tight since the ball is already rolling.  Should you decide to file, the worst they can do is say "no".
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

From the OP:

I'd say you're probably good sitting tight since the ball is already rolling.  Should you decide to file, the worst they can do is say "no".

I am going to go for it.  

- I can afford to have $200 sitting in limbo until this runs its course.  
- The lawsuit challenges that a trust is not a person per the GCA and the ATF's own description.
- A judge COULD overturn the whole thing (NFA, GCA, and FOPA block of MGs manufactured after 86), but probably won't.  They are only there to address Hollis' complaint regarding his rights to act as a trust per the definition of a trust per the GCA.
- IF the judge says, "Mr Hollis, you are right, a trust is not a person. Mr ATF, give him back his lower," anyone in line with a check, trust, and a completed form 1 sitting at (Or already denied by the ATF) would have standing.

I'm going to go get me some standing.
Link Posted: 4/5/2015 9:40:04 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

I am going to go for it.  

- The lawsuit challenges that a trust is not a person per the GCA and the ATF's own description.
- A judge COULD overturn the whole thing (NFA, GCA, and FOPA block of MGs manufactured after 86), but probably won't.  They are only there to address Hollis' complaint regarding his rights to act as a trust per the definition of a trust per the GCA.
- IF the judge says, "Mr Hollis, you are right, a trust is not a person. Mr ATF, give him back his lower," anyone in line with a check, trust, and a completed form 1 sitting at (Or already denied by the ATF) would have standing.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

From the OP:

I hope this is true. I'm about to get a Wilson Combat SBR. I may hold out for this purpose.

I am going to go for it.  

Link Posted: 4/5/2015 11:46:03 PM EDT
[#20]
IIRC, Nolo's lawsuit is targeting the Hughes amendment  (922 (o)).  So if it is successful, yes, EVERYBODY can from 1 MG, not just trusts.

ETA: as far as standing goes, I don't have a clear answer for you.
Link Posted: 4/5/2015 11:54:33 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

From the OP:

I hope this is true. I'm about to get a Wilson Combat SBR. I may hold out for this purpose.

I am going to go for it.  

Except you will not be in line they will have denied your request LONG before the dust settles on this

ETA> Missed the denied part
Link Posted: 4/6/2015 7:52:45 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Except you will not be in line they will have denied your request LONG before the dust settles on this  

ETA> Missed the denied part
View Quote

My thinking is, if it is ruled that a trust does not equal person, and congress works their butts off to patch the freedom hole, I would have my request in before the modification was enacted.

Yeah, it is a long shot.  Yeah, they haven't respected the whole date thing before.  But is worth it.
Link Posted: 4/6/2015 8:24:58 AM EDT
[#23]
Knock yourself out, but if you file, I doubt you'll receive any special treatment or preference at this point.  It will undoubtedly be treated like any other denied application.

You'll get your denied form back, they'll refund your tax, and you'll have to reapply when/if Nolo's lawsuit is successful.

That's just how I see it going down, but if you want to just for kicks, go for it!
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 2:28:54 AM EDT
[#24]
Hey nolo, keep up the good work. When this case is over, we might have some work for you in WA. The ATF was approving Form 1s for SBRs from June 12, 2014 until sometime in the last few weeks...now they are all being denied with the ATF saying that the law does not allow people to "make" via Form 1, only transfer. IMO it's BS, because they law says you can "acquire" and it mentions the form 1 / making process specifically in the legislative notes. At any rate....yeah, we've got a "some are approved and now no one is" situation here too.
Link Posted: 7/13/2015 4:32:47 PM EDT
[#25]
BTT

Any new info on this?
Link Posted: 7/13/2015 4:36:38 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

BTT

Any new info on this?
View Quote
Not really, just waiting on the judges decsion, then it will be off to appeals.

Link Posted: 7/13/2015 4:45:02 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
BTT

Any new info on this?

Technically it will either be off to discovery (she rules in our favor) or appeals (she rules in BATFE's favor).
Link Posted: 7/13/2015 5:36:38 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
Uhhh......... If you're serious and not just trolling, there could be some federal pound-me-in-the-ass prison  in your future.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/e9/68/f5/e968f5b43ef215b2249ebb520e3feb33.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/e9/68/f5/e968f5b43ef215b2249ebb520e3feb33.jpg

Link Posted: 8/2/2015 10:34:09 AM EDT
[#30]
since its been a couple of weeks; bump
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 4:30:36 PM EDT
[#31]
Court dates set for this yet? Also what's the status of funding? Good lawyers are expensive generally... If they have a weak handshake, or dress like Matlock drop them and find a bulldog. Court is a popularity contest as much as a battle of wits in my experience.

I just started a trust, anyone else get a form 1 machine gun denied yet? Saw a ton of dudes saying they'd send off papers earlier in the thread.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 6:13:33 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Court dates set for this yet? Also what's the status of funding? Good lawyers are expensive generally... If they have a weak handshake, or dress like Matlock drop them and find a bulldog. Court is a popularity contest as much as a battle of wits in my experience.

I just started a trust, anyone else get a form 1 machine gun denied yet? Saw a ton of dudes saying they'd send off papers earlier in the thread.
View Quote

Start reading
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 6:29:15 PM EDT
[#33]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Start reading

We've long-since migrated here.
Link Posted: 10/23/2015 3:08:53 PM EDT
[#34]
Last post was over a month ago...  any news?
Link Posted: 10/23/2015 3:17:49 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote

Wait for Monday...
Link Posted: 11/12/2015 1:20:05 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Wait for Monday...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wait for Monday...

And check the main thread
Page / 116
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top