Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 116
Link Posted: 9/28/2014 12:01:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Quick question:

Even if these lawsuits win, what stops BATFE from just changing their mind on their ruling and saying "oh, our mistake...trusts actually are people"?

Or, after this has been litigated at great expense of time and money, couldn't Congress just change the definitions in 922 to apply to trusts as well?

Link Posted: 9/28/2014 12:08:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Yup. Nelson's was one of Hyman Lebman's 1911 FA conversions, IIRC.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Which was pretty much the favorite underground source for thugs in the 1930s. Anyone remember Baby Face Nelson's  Full Auto .38 Super.

Yup. Nelson's was one of Hyman Lebman's 1911 FA conversions, IIRC.

Link Posted: 9/28/2014 4:58:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quick question:

Even if these lawsuits win, what stops BATFE from just changing their mind on their ruling and saying "oh, our mistake...trusts actually are people"?

Or, after this has been litigated at great expense of time and money, couldn't Congress just change the definitions in 922 to apply to trusts as well?

View Quote

Anything short of a Heller style ruling and a win in court will require a sustained political effort to maintain.

Nothing about attacking Hughes or the NFA comes easy, fast,  or cheap.
Link Posted: 9/28/2014 5:25:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

M-16 trigger group parts might get scarce for a while.  I could see a short term hiccup in the supply of lowers, but probably not for too long.

Other, less modular, full-autos would probably be more of a problem.  Plenty of sources for AR stripped lowers, and some more machine work results in a full-auto lower.  But what about other firearms?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I read that some forms got approved. I've read that the ATF asked for them back. I've read that there are lawyers willing to take the case for those that were approved and asked to return...what I don't know and don't want to sift through 77 pages to find out is:

assuming this ends up working and the ATF says "good to go", what kind of pricing would a buyer be expected to pay for these post '86 machine guns? I'm guessing the $12k+ prices will no longer apply. Ex. A transferable "X" that today costs $12k but a post May dealer sample is well under $1k. Will that happen if this method ends up working?

$200 stamp for a $50 stripped lower.

Probably something like a panic, where the rush to buy them causes a greater demand than the current supply, causing prices to go up, then come back down as the supply catches up.
I doubt prices will go up on lowers and ARs.  

M-16 trigger group parts might get scarce for a while.  I could see a short term hiccup in the supply of lowers, but probably not for too long.

Other, less modular, full-autos would probably be more of a problem.  Plenty of sources for AR stripped lowers, and some more machine work results in a full-auto lower.  But what about other firearms?

Sub gun parts kits will skyrocket in popularity
Link Posted: 9/28/2014 5:50:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/28/2014 5:58:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Ummm ... today you can't find a subguns part kit for much under $500, and many are much, much higher.

So if this happens, you'll find U.S. manufacturers making brand new parts kits for sale, because the originals are at close (or over) the actual price of production ... if there is enough demand.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ummm ... today you can't find a subguns part kit for much under $500, and many are much, much higher.

So if this happens, you'll find U.S. manufacturers making brand new parts kits for sale, because the originals are at close (or over) the actual price of production ... if there is enough demand.

Tony is right, but really, what difference does it make?

The discussion of parts kit pricing at this juncture is like slaves in the 1830's debating the potential effect on real estate prices and cotton futures if slavery were to be abolished. We've got a long fight ahead long before we secure the right to cry into our beers over the high price of parts kits.
Link Posted: 9/28/2014 6:30:40 PM EDT
[#7]
If MG's become legal again, I'm getting a new FN SCAR HAMR.

http://www.fnhusa.com/l/products/scar-family/hamr/

What will you guys buy first?
Link Posted: 9/28/2014 6:32:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

http://www.fnhusa.com/files/1913/4300/8265/scar_hamr_large.png

[div style='text-align: justify;']http://www.fnhusa.com/l/products/scar-family/hamr/

[div style='text-align: justify;']

[div style='text-align: justify;']What will you guys buy first?
View Quote

Make

Not buy

Do you even form 1 bro?

You could make an FNC sear
Link Posted: 9/28/2014 8:58:23 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What's an old Mk III sten kit worth?  Just out of idle curiousity.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 12:33:57 AM EDT
[#10]
90$ on apex for a parts kit
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 9/29/2014 1:59:06 PM EDT
[#11]
Monday bump!

Link Posted: 9/29/2014 2:03:54 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Make

Not buy

Do you even form 1 bro?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

[div style='text-align: justify;']http://www.fnhusa.com/l/products/scar-family/hamr/

Make

Not buy

Do you even form 1 bro?

Back when I was into NFA, I had heard a rumor that there were more FNC sears made than there were FNC's imported
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 2:33:14 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sterling

Uzi

PPS 43

All less than $160

Quoted:

Tony is right, but really, what difference does it make?

The discussion of parts kit pricing at this juncture is like slaves in the 1830's debating the potential effect on real estate prices and cotton futures if slavery were to be abolished. We've got a long fight ahead long before we secure the right to cry into our beers over the high price of parts kits.

Link Posted: 9/29/2014 2:49:00 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote

Might as well talk about what you want to do with your lottery winnings. The chances of this making it are very slim.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 8:05:49 PM EDT
[#15]
What's happening?????? Tell me tales of approved post 86 Form 1 machine guns and how I will legally build one in the future.  

Link Posted: 9/29/2014 8:06:20 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
What's happening??????
View Quote

Stuff.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 8:07:06 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Stuff.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

What's happening??????

Stuff.
Damn, you're on this thread like non-conformist arfcommers looking to get machine guns with the quickness.

Link Posted: 9/29/2014 8:08:06 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Damn, you're on this thread like non-conformist arfcommers looking to get machine guns with the quickness.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
What's happening??????

Stuff.

This thread is relevant to my interests.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 9:04:18 PM EDT
[#19]
I think it's relevant to ALL of our interests....
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 9:07:34 PM EDT
[#20]
How many people on this thread have sent their Form1 in?
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 11:52:48 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

View Quote

And disapproved in 3 days

Link Posted: 9/30/2014 7:40:14 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 7:58:27 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 8:55:49 AM EDT
[#24]
I just got my trust from my attorney and I'm impressed at how elaborate it is. She did good work. I'll go get it notarized today (after my coffee) and form 1 something. Rather than move a firearm into the trust I think I'll just form 1 a DIAS since it will be disapproved anyways.  What do you guys think?
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 9:11:22 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I just got my trust from my attorney and I'm impressed at how elaborate it is. She did good work. I'll go get it notarized today (after my coffee) and form 1 something. Rather than move a firearm into the trust I think I'll just form 1 a DIAS since it will be disapproved anyways.  What do you guys think?
View Quote

The firearm won't be moved into the trust if it's disapproved unless you wanted to move it there anyway.  The only concern I had with a DIAS is getting the dimensions right and how to properly fill out the Form 1 vs a more conventional Form 1 for a firearm, which I've done.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 9:19:36 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
The firearm won't be moved into the trust if it's disapproved unless you wanted to move it there anyway.  The only concern I had with a DIAS is getting the dimensions right and how to properly fill out the Form 1 vs a more conventional Form 1 for a firearm, which I've done.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Oh yeah. That sounds like a pain. I'll just list an AR. How do I remove something from the trust later?

Link Posted: 9/30/2014 9:51:00 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Oh yeah. That sounds like a pain. I'll just list an AR. How do I remove something from the trust later?  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

With my trust, it is a simple matter of making a written "assignment of property" statement.

You, as an individual, assign property to the trust, effectively placing your NFA item "in trust".

Or, you, as a trustee acting on behalf of the trust, can assign property from the trust, to an individual,  effectively removing it from the trust.

Obviously with approved NFA items, it's $200 for every transfer.

To be on the safe side, I get my assignment of property sheets noterized.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 10:14:36 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
With my trust, it is a simple matter of making a written "assignment of property" statement.

You, as an individual, assign property to the trust, effectively placing your NFA item "in trust".

Or, you, as a trustee acting on behalf of the trust, can assign property from the trust, to an individual,  effectively removing it from the trust.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Good deal.  I'm printing my trust now and then I'll get it signed and notarized.  Then, assuming I can get my scanner to work, I will submit it.

Link Posted: 9/30/2014 2:31:26 PM EDT
[#29]
Paper Form 1 sent today on a dedicated ar15 lower for this project...   I know it will be denied but who knows.....

Also in for 200 for the lawyer  fund....
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 6:07:29 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 6:09:50 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
"The form 1 fiasco"

View Quote

Sure would be nice if you could put that quote into a slightly broader context. Just sayin'.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 6:14:22 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 7:06:26 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote

About 4 pages ago.  Denied about 3 pages ago.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 7:11:07 PM EDT
[#34]
And y'all are slowing down my SBR form 1s.  30 days now.  boo hoo
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 7:13:09 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote

Complaining about a 30 day wait when not long ago it was 4-6 months?  lol.

I'd rather wait 30 days on an eFile F1 if the possibility of having machine guns was brought back.

Why do you hate freedom, bro?
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 7:24:03 PM EDT
[#36]

Originally Posted By edcurtis:

I'd rather wait 30 days on an eFile F1 if the possibility of having machine guns was brought back.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By edcurtis:

Quoted:

This.  I'm at just over 30 days on my SBR, and from the NFA Tracker, it looks like it might be approved by Friday **fingers crossed**

Link Posted: 9/30/2014 7:26:01 PM EDT
[#37]
I really hope something good comes from all this
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 7:27:04 PM EDT
[#38]
Is there any strategy behind so many people applying for Form 1 machine guns now, knowing they'll be denied? Does it help substantively at all, or are people just doing it as an act of protest?
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 8:07:36 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 9:10:36 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Fixed
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Is there any strategy behind so many people trusts applying for Form 1 machine guns now, knowing they'll be denied? Does it help substantively at all, or are people just doing it as an act of protest?

Fixed

i think it just helps our movement, if 1 request is denied then its no big deal. Just 1 guy who's upset. But if its 100s of trusts applying and getting denied then it may help the cause in court
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 9:16:34 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Is there any strategy behind so many people applying for Form 1 machine guns now, knowing they'll be denied? Does it help substantively at all, or are people just doing it as an act of protest?
View Quote
At this point I think it's just an act of protest.  

Link Posted: 9/30/2014 9:20:14 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

"The form 1 fiasco"

View Quote

Awesome!
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 9:55:41 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

i think it just helps our movement, if 1 request is denied then its no big deal. Just 1 guy who's upset. But if its 100s of trusts applying and getting denied then it may help the cause in court
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Is there any strategy behind so many people trusts applying for Form 1 machine guns now, knowing they'll be denied? Does it help substantively at all, or are people just doing it as an act of protest?

Fixed

Could also provide an example of "look how much tax money was sent to the BATF, then refunded, because we passed a law preventing them from accepting those tax payments" for some legislator to bring up.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 10:16:31 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
Could also provide an example of "look how much tax money was sent to the BATF, then refunded, because we passed a law preventing them from accepting those tax payments" for some legislator to bring up.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Fixed

How long are credit card payments in eforms taking to be returned?  I know of at least one more Form 1 submitted.

Link Posted: 10/1/2014 12:42:01 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

How long are credit card payments in eforms taking to be returned?  I know of at least one more Form 1 submitted.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Fixed

I am at 7 days with no refund yet. I have several more form 1's I am going to submit, but have to what for the refund. Trying to be a baller on a budget.

Link Posted: 10/1/2014 7:41:27 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fixed

I was quoted 30 days for a refund by the person who answered the phone.  Efiled forms only.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 7:53:50 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

The fuck you say?  Alcohol kills daily.  Drunks drivers kill, drunks die a slow and painful suicide cirrhosis of the liver?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

yes but how many people has alcohol killed? None.

The fuck you say?  Alcohol kills daily.  Drunks drivers kill, drunks die a slow and painful suicide cirrhosis of the liver?

I'm about 99.97% sure he was being ironic.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 8:33:19 AM EDT
[#48]
eforms is down today for maintenance
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 2:15:17 PM EDT
[#49]
I want full auto's legal for all law abiding citizens now!

how do we proceed?
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 2:16:13 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fixed

+1
Page / 116
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top