Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 12
Link Posted: 5/10/2014 4:39:05 PM EDT
[#1]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
i've dedicated my life to destroying heterosexual marriage for sure. so many brothers and sisters have.

systematically destroying heterosexual marriage is exactly what letting carl and bob say "i do" is doing in this country.

that's why sally and tim just got divorced.

because of those destroying heterosexual marriage. and those worshipping at the altar of the single mother. peace be upon her name.

destroying heterosexual marriage is not happening because of decreasing economic relevance of marriage. or because heterosexuals can't seem to stay married half the time.  destroying heterosexual marriage is due to secret homo agents infiltrating every nook and cranny. tim cheated on sally because of homos. and sally cheated on tim because of homos. and all the little kiddies will suffer because of homos.  

destroying heterosexual marriage will certainly be the death of america as you imagine it used to be.

destroying heterosexual marriage will be the death of us all.

big scary homos everywhere. good thing we have strong, clenching and grinding men to protect us with their brave words from homosexual marriage and the homosexual agenda.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

So they are forcing me to marry a man?

It's a states rights issue.

I agree.

I just don't really get how some of you guys get your panties in a bunch over something like this. Unless I'm failing to see how this negatively affects people.

marriage is about children.

the same groups who dedicated their lives destroying the concept of heterosexual marriage are the ones pushing homosexual marriage.

You like a bunch of fucked up bastards running around collecting welfare, this is just moving towards more of the same.

Being a single mother used to carry a stigma.  now its a hero/victim that we, as a society, must embrace, worship and honor (and subsidize)

Keep on keeping on.

i've dedicated my life to destroying heterosexual marriage for sure. so many brothers and sisters have.

systematically destroying heterosexual marriage is exactly what letting carl and bob say "i do" is doing in this country.

because of those destroying heterosexual marriage. and those worshipping at the altar of the single mother. peace be upon her name.

destroying heterosexual marriage is not happening because of decreasing economic relevance of marriage. or because heterosexuals can't seem to stay married half the time.  destroying heterosexual marriage is due to secret homo agents infiltrating every nook and cranny. tim cheated on sally because of homos. and sally cheated on tim because of homos. and all the little kiddies will suffer because of homos.  

destroying heterosexual marriage will certainly be the death of america as you imagine it used to be.

big scary homos everywhere. good thing we have strong, clenching and grinding men to protect us with their brave words from homosexual marriage and the homosexual agenda.

Link Posted: 5/10/2014 5:00:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Dat Supremacy Clause.
View Quote

Gun control?
Link Posted: 5/10/2014 5:01:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

The US Constitution provides for equal protection for all citizens in regards to all laws. It prevents tyranny of the majority which is simply passing laws that are popular and have a lot of support, but infringe on the rights of a minority of citizens.

Until you get the US Constitution amended to exempt marriage laws from that equal protection clause or have The US Constitution define marriage as a union between a man and woman, gay marriage is going to be allowed. No one who can read, can possibly come to any other conclusion.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
(AP) May 10, 2014
Little Rock AR

A judge on Friday struck down Arkansas' ban on same-sex marriage.  Pulaski Cty Circuit Judge Chris Piazza declared AR's state constitution ban, unconstitutional.

State Attorney General Dustin McDaniel's office said he would appeal the ruling and asked Judge Chris Piazza to suspend the ruling during that process.
"We respect the Court's decision, but, in keeping with the Attorney General's obligation to defend the state constitution, we will appeal," spokesman Aaron Sadler said.

Arkansas' state constitution was amended and ratified by state voters in 2004 to limit marriage to only between man and woman.

I guess I am confused I was under the impression that the constitution itself is the basis for law not a judge's interpretation of some higher law...

The Arkansas State legislature needs to impeach him immediately and appoint another judge in his place and set aside his ruling as being unfounded.

The voters can decide to amend their constitution if they so desire, until then the judiciary can pound sand.

The US Constitution provides for equal protection for all citizens in regards to all laws. It prevents tyranny of the majority which is simply passing laws that are popular and have a lot of support, but infringe on the rights of a minority of citizens.

Until you get the US Constitution amended to exempt marriage laws from that equal protection clause or have The US Constitution define marriage as a union between a man and woman, gay marriage is going to be allowed. No one who can read, can possibly come to any other conclusion.

Sorry if my reply confused you....

Had this been a Federal Judge there might be some validity to their ruling.

This was STATE JUDGE ruling on the STATE Constitution, they don't get to declare the constitution unconstitutional this choice is not in their decision set.

This is not a law they were assessing to see if it was constitutional, this was an amendment made by the citizens of Arkansas and codified in their Constitution.

Creating law by fiat is a sure way to destroy this country and is tyrannical even if the tyrant wears black robes.

I could give a shit about gay marriage, I do care when the basic compacts that govern us as a nation are shredded at will without due process.

The only process that should allow the current constitution to be amended is another amendment nullifying the first, anything else leads down a very dark path.

Link Posted: 5/10/2014 5:14:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

This was STATE JUDGE ruling on the STATE Constitution, they don't get to declare the constitution unconstitutional this choice is not in their decision set.

This is not a law they were assessing to see if it was constitutional, this was an amendment made by the citizens of Arkansas and codified in their Constitution.

Creating law by fiat is a sure way to destroy this country and is tyrannical even if the tyrant wears black robes.

I could give a shit about gay marriage, I do care when the basic compacts that govern us as a nation are shredded at will without due process.

The only process that should allow the current constitution to be amended is another amendment nullifying the first, anything else leads down a very dark path.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
(AP) May 10, 2014
Little Rock AR

A judge on Friday struck down Arkansas' ban on same-sex marriage.  Pulaski Cty Circuit Judge Chris Piazza declared AR's state constitution ban, unconstitutional.

State Attorney General Dustin McDaniel's office said he would appeal the ruling and asked Judge Chris Piazza to suspend the ruling during that process.
"We respect the Court's decision, but, in keeping with the Attorney General's obligation to defend the state constitution, we will appeal," spokesman Aaron Sadler said.

Arkansas' state constitution was amended and ratified by state voters in 2004 to limit marriage to only between man and woman.

I guess I am confused I was under the impression that the constitution itself is the basis for law not a judge's interpretation of some higher law...

The Arkansas State legislature needs to impeach him immediately and appoint another judge in his place and set aside his ruling as being unfounded.

The voters can decide to amend their constitution if they so desire, until then the judiciary can pound sand.

So state judges can't rule on federally protected rights?  When did they make that change?  LOL!  

State constitutions are, like all state legislation, restrained to comply with the bill of rights.  There should be a hell of a lot more state laws struck down for being unconstitutional, and putting a federally unconstitutional law in a state constitution shouldn't do anything to protect it.
Link Posted: 5/10/2014 5:58:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
So state judges can't rule on federally protected rights?  When did they make that change?  LOL!  

State constitutions are, like all state legislation, restrained to comply with the bill of rights.  There should be a hell of a lot more state laws struck down for being unconstitutional, and putting a federally unconstitutional law in a state constitution shouldn't do anything to protect it.
View Quote

Please quote for me in the US Constitution the part on marriage.
Link Posted: 5/10/2014 6:09:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
You guys have to look at the bright side the can't reproduce so that mean less liberals born every year
View Quote

They'll just amplify the recruitment.
Link Posted: 5/10/2014 6:18:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

i don't see where they require you to do anything.....ohhhhh....and until you can procreate with a person of the same sex it ain't marriage.....it's a civil union.......
Link Posted: 5/10/2014 6:22:19 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Please read the 9th Amendment.
Link Posted: 5/10/2014 7:01:05 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You understand that the 9th amendment would argue that the state retains the right to make law in areas not specifically delegated to the federal government, marriage being an example of such an area.  In other words, the 9th amendment argues against your position.

Link Posted: 5/10/2014 7:12:54 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

You understand that the 9th amendment would argue that the state retains the right to make law in areas not specifically delegated to the federal government, marriage being an example of such an area.  In other words, the 9th amendment argues against your position.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You're thinking of the 10th.
Link Posted: 5/10/2014 7:29:07 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The 9th:  The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people.

This is a simple statement that the rights called out in the Constitution are not taken to be exhaustive.  So there are rights that the people retain that are not specifically called out in the Constitution.  However, it's hard to see that this much of a defense of the right to gay marriage.  The people do not retain unlimited rights, for example there are numerous criminal acts that are generally agreed upon that we do not have the right to commit by virtue of the 9th amendment.  For example, embezzlement is not addressed in the Constitution, but no one agrees that the people retain a right to embezzlement simply by virtue of the Constitution's silence on the issue.

So, the 9th amendment says that we retain nebulous rights that are not specially addressed in the Constitution, so the question is how are these rights defined?  The answer is in the next amendment: The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.

I've always read the 9th and 10th amendments as a pair that were written specially so that the other eight amendments in the Bill of Rights should not be read to be the limiting case of the rights of the people.

Link Posted: 5/10/2014 7:34:47 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

1.  The state subsidizes marriage to encourage couples to have children.  The continuation of SS benefits for surviving spouses is the primary example.  Now, get rid of social security and have people be able to pass on their wealth to whomever they want would be better.  but we don't do this.  we steal peoples money and then allocate it as the state sees fit for its social engineering purposes.
2.  marriage, adoption, the newly found lesbian who wants custody of her kids.  Two lesbians "married" would have the same weight as the father and his new bride for custody (who are we kidding, the woman wins no matter what)

The state gets involved with marriage because of children and the importance of having well adjusted ones entering into society.

Children are best raised by a mother and a father.  not a transgender, not one mommy having a mullet, a beer gut and riding a harley.  not one man called steve and another man called shirley who is waiting for "her" state approved sex change.

gays want to live together and live their lives.  good on 'em.  don't give a shit.  but do we now subsidize that, or subject children to a substandard familial model in the name of political correctness?  I non-concur.

How long have we heard the lie that children from single parent homes do just as well as two parent?  They can't even tell that lie anymore.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The fact that homosexuals want to be married, and are unable to have children, affects heterosexual marriage how?

I want to understand this. Lol.

Is your issue that they call it marriage, or that it becoming more accepted in society that they are gay?

I don't care who wants to be married, or who wants to fuck who. I personally find it disgusting, but it doesn't affect me in anyway.

Less gayness on TV would be better but, I rarely watch TV and I can always switch the channel to some non-gay shit.

1.  The state subsidizes marriage to encourage couples to have children.  The continuation of SS benefits for surviving spouses is the primary example.  Now, get rid of social security and have people be able to pass on their wealth to whomever they want would be better.  but we don't do this.  we steal peoples money and then allocate it as the state sees fit for its social engineering purposes.
2.  marriage, adoption, the newly found lesbian who wants custody of her kids.  Two lesbians "married" would have the same weight as the father and his new bride for custody (who are we kidding, the woman wins no matter what)

The state gets involved with marriage because of children and the importance of having well adjusted ones entering into society.

Children are best raised by a mother and a father.  not a transgender, not one mommy having a mullet, a beer gut and riding a harley.  not one man called steve and another man called shirley who is waiting for "her" state approved sex change.

gays want to live together and live their lives.  good on 'em.  don't give a shit.  but do we now subsidize that, or subject children to a substandard familial model in the name of political correctness?  I non-concur.

How long have we heard the lie that children from single parent homes do just as well as two parent?  They can't even tell that lie anymore.

I don't give a shit about these children being in Lesbian/Gay homes. If they gay/lesbian couples weren't adopting these kids to have their little families, it would be an even bigger burden on state budgets, and I'm not sure the kids would be much better off in foster care / CPS. I doubt a high percentage of these lesbian couple pay for the expense to "get pregnant". Probably mostly adoptions.

As for subsidizing Lesbian families through tax incentives for marriage... I'm far less worried about those tax breaks than the money we dole out in welfare to the FSA.

What percentage of Americans are we talking about in regard to Lesbian/Gay families, and how much do you really think these tax breaks for them and their children/ marriage will cost? You can't think it would be a significant amount of money to the US Gov... Lol.

It would be such a infinitesimally small percentage of US Tax revenues that it is laughable.

It is obvious that your true motivations are moral/religious, not a financial burden on the US taxpayer.

Again, I don't give a shit what they do. I don't care about the moral aspect of their behavior. It's none of my business.
Link Posted: 5/10/2014 7:38:15 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I don't give a shit about these children being in Lesbian/Gay homes. If they gay/lesbian couples weren't adopting these kids to have their little families, it would be an even bigger burden on state budgets, and I'm not sure the kids would be much better off in foster care / CPS. I doubt a high percentage of these lesbian couple pay for the expense to "get pregnant". Probably mostly adoptions.

As for subsidizing Lesbian families through tax incentives for marriage... I'm far less worried about those tax breaks than the money we dole out in welfare to the FSA.

What percentage of Americans are we talking about in regard to Lesbian/Gay families, and how much do you really think these tax breaks for them and their children/ marriage will cost? You can't think it would be a significant amount of money to the US Gov... Lol.

It would be such a infinitesimally small percentage of US Tax revenues that it is laughable.

It is obvious that your true motivations are moral/religious, not a financial burden on the US taxpayer.

Again, I don't give a shit what they do. I don't care about the moral aspect of their behavior. It's none of my business.
View Quote

Do you give a shit about a state's constitution which expresses the will of the people as expressed through their representatives being overturned by a single man?

Link Posted: 5/10/2014 7:41:06 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Do you give a shit about a state's constitution which expresses the will of the people as expressed through their representatives being overturned by a single man?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

A single man enforcing the federal Constitution.
Link Posted: 5/10/2014 7:44:18 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Meh. I actually voted against Gay marriage in my state, but I only did it to piss off liberals. I don't really care that much either way.

But in theory, I do care if State law violates Federal Law. I knew my state's ban on gay marriage would be stopped by injunction eventually. It was. I have yet to have it affect my life in any way. Go figure.
Link Posted: 5/10/2014 7:44:38 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
[

The 9th:  The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people.

This is a simple statement that the rights called out in the Constitution are not taken to be exhaustive.  So there are rights that the people retain that are not specifically called out in the Constitution.  However, it's hard to see that this much of a defense of the right to gay marriage.  The people do not retain unlimited rights, for example there are numerous criminal acts that are generally agreed upon that we do not have the right to commit by virtue of the 9th amendment.  For example, embezzlement is not addressed in the Constitution, but no one agrees that the people retain a right to embezzlement simply by virtue of the Constitution's silence on the issue.

So, the 9th amendment says that we retain nebulous rights that are not specially addressed in the Constitution, so the question is how are these rights defined?  The answer is in the next amendment: The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.

I've always read the 9th and 10th amendments as a pair that were written specially so that the other eight amendments in the Bill of Rights should not be read to be the limiting case of the rights of the people.

View Quote

Then why does it say the people at the end of the 9th, rather than the states?  Easy, because the states dont have rights.  They have powers that their people grant them.  Only people have rights.
Link Posted: 5/10/2014 7:46:09 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well, that's debatable isn't it?  Or do you believe that every judicial decision handed down "defends the Constitution"?

Certainly no court, state or federal came to that conclusion for hundreds of years in this country's history.  Or does the meaning of the Constitution evolve over time?

Link Posted: 5/10/2014 7:50:57 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Then why does it say the people at the end of the 9th, rather than the states?  Easy, because the states dont have rights.  They have powers that their people grant them.  Only people have rights.
View Quote

Because the Constitution and the Bill of Rights are to be interpreted in their entirety.  If we consider the 9th in isolation as you suggest then individual people could decide what rights they retain.  Therefore, I could decide that I retain the right to take your stuff.  What you suggest is anarchy which none of the founders believed in.  They believed that the people maximized their rights by setting up civil government, first at the local and state level and then at the federal level to accomplish those few things that could not be done by the states themselves.

Link Posted: 5/10/2014 8:18:06 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 5/10/2014 8:20:10 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 5/10/2014 8:28:07 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

This.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The bottom line is this - we have lost this fight.  It's over.

This.

The problem is how this has been "lost".  I would be fine if the mood of the people had lead the way and individual states had changed their laws through the legislative process.  Instead our "betters" in the judiciary and Hollywood have decided to drag the country in the direction they see fit.  We have seen judicial overreach and bullying from the setters of pop culture.  I suppose if you agree with their position that might be fine with you, but beware the day when these same forces decide to take the country in a direction that you don't want to go.

Link Posted: 5/10/2014 8:32:03 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 5/10/2014 8:34:49 PM EDT
[#23]
In this thread "living, breathing" types out themselves.
Link Posted: 5/10/2014 8:35:18 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Well, that's debatable isn't it?  Or do you believe that every judicial decision handed down "defends the Constitution"?

Certainly no court, state or federal came to that conclusion for hundreds of years in this country's history.  Or does the meaning of the Constitution evolve over time?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

He has a very liberal and activist interpretation of the constitution. Want your choices validated? Just say read the 9th amendment. Lulz
Link Posted: 5/10/2014 8:37:40 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
No I look at how The Constitution is supposed to protect each citizen and how all laws should apply equally with no deference as to gender. With that in mind, I can't find a way for states to prohibit gay marriage in The Constitution. It really is that simple. It doesn't matter what is popular or what mood people are in.
View Quote

And the libertarian in me has a great deal of sympathy for that position.  But having a few judges declare that is simply not how this country was created to operate.  

After all, we had a constitutional amendment to end slavery.  We didn't just have a few judges declare that it was unconstitutional.

Your position is really opening up a can of worms to have the judiciary find all sorts of new rights, some of which you will certainly not agree with.

Link Posted: 5/10/2014 8:45:54 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Seriousness question. Why do you want to be married?
I can can tell tell  you I married to give legitimacy to an offspring. It's kind of a religious tradition we Christians sometimes do.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
As I have said here before, as much as I am for gay marriage, (and in fact will be gay married in less than a year) and would hope all states would adopt it, I do not like the Federal Gvt. forcing states to accept it.

Seriousness question. Why do you want to be married?
I can can tell tell  you I married to give legitimacy to an offspring. It's kind of a religious tradition we Christians sometimes do.

And if you didn't or could'nt for some reason after the fact have those legitimate offspring - you would have divorced right?
Link Posted: 5/10/2014 8:52:46 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
And if you didn't or could'nt for some reason after the fact have those legitimate offspring - you would have divorced right?
View Quote

That's a rather weak counter argument.  A male - female coupling can in theory result in issue, even if not in a given particular case.  A male - male or female - female coupling can not even in theory result in issue.  These categories therefore differ in kind.

Link Posted: 5/10/2014 8:55:41 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 5/10/2014 9:07:46 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

That's a rather weak counter argument.  A male - female coupling can in theory result in issue, even if not in a given particular case.  A male - male or female - female coupling can not even in theory result in issue.  These categories therefore differ in kind.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No, he said he got married to give legitimacy to an offspring. Therefore, no off spring why stay married?  Perhaps love, you enjoy someone's company, or you want to be with someone you are compatible with? These are reasons many Gays want to and have gotten married. Prolly just like that guy too.

Point being, he made up a facetious argument to make a point. We all know that is not the only reason he got married, but he said it, and lied, to condemn gay marriage.

Btw. Gays - as in male - male and female - female couplings can adopt. I know someone who did...hey, straight couples can adopt too....

Wow there is do much in common / in kind here I am just amazed.

Link Posted: 5/10/2014 9:14:02 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

No, he said he got married to give legitimacy to an offspring. Therefore, no off spring why stay married?  Perhaps love, you enjoy someone's company, or you want to be with someone you are compatible with? These are reasons many Gays want to and have gotten married. Prolly just like that guy too.

Point being, he made up a facetious argument to make a point. We all know that is not the only reason he got married, but he said it, and lied, to condemn gay marriage.

Btw. Gays - as in male - male and female - female couplings can adopt. I know someone who did...hey, straight couples can adopt too....

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The point you missed is that your counter argument essentially accuses your opponent of making a "category error" (look it up).  I simply pointed out that male - female couplings vs. same sex couplings are indeed separate categories because they possess separate attributes.  

Now, you can argue for same sex marriage on other basis, but not on the counter argument that you presented.  

Link Posted: 5/10/2014 9:22:26 PM EDT
[#31]
Bring on the polygamy.

Link Posted: 5/10/2014 9:58:25 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
So what you are saying is, heterosexuals ruined the institution of marriage, and homosexual marriage is really a sidebar issue?

I agree with you.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I agree.

I just don't really get how some of you guys get your panties in a bunch over something like this. Unless I'm failing to see how this negatively affects people.

the same groups who dedicated their lives destroying the concept of heterosexual marriage are the ones pushing homosexual marriage.

You like a bunch of fucked up bastards running around collecting welfare, this is just moving towards more of the same.

Being a single mother used to carry a stigma.  now its a hero/victim that we, as a society, must embrace, worship and honor (and subsidize)

Keep on keeping on.
So what you are saying is, heterosexuals ruined the institution of marriage, and homosexual marriage is really a sidebar issue?

I agree with you.

People who do not respect traditional family values have ruined the institution of marriage, homosexual marriage is a symptom of moral degradation.
Link Posted: 5/10/2014 9:59:45 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
You guys have to look at the bright side the can't reproduce so that mean less liberals born every year
View Quote

They adopt...children from 3rd world countries. LOL
Link Posted: 5/10/2014 10:03:28 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

WTF is the point of a stable home or a monogamous sexual relationship except for children??????

I mean I guess because society says thats what you should do, but its utterly pointless to have a stable monogamous relationship except to protect children.

If you are not investing in any kind of genetic future just do whatever, who cares about stability or monogamy????

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
If they said "encourage more stable homes and monogamous sexual relationships"

WTF is the point of a stable home or a monogamous sexual relationship except for children??????

I mean I guess because society says thats what you should do, but its utterly pointless to have a stable monogamous relationship except to protect children.

If you are not investing in any kind of genetic future just do whatever, who cares about stability or monogamy????

Its all a part of tradition.  LOL!!
Link Posted: 5/10/2014 10:05:27 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I agree.

Keep on keeping on.

WOW!!  That's the most I've ever seen you type.  You must really hate straight people.  
Link Posted: 5/10/2014 10:10:07 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

You forgot Benghazi.

eta //sarcasm//
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
How much time and money is wasted on this stupid shit?

Appealing state DOMAs, rounding up cattle in the desert, or amnesty for illegals.  It is all the same...time and money wasted on stupid shit.

You forgot Benghazi.

eta //sarcasm//

Benghazi isn't even worth mentioning on a list of time wasters.  Pfft. only Republicans care about the death of an ambassador that was left to die in a hostile country full of peaceful people.
Link Posted: 5/10/2014 10:13:57 PM EDT
[#37]

Link Posted: 5/10/2014 10:29:23 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
<snip>

Hm... good point.
Link Posted: 5/11/2014 4:58:28 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Hm... good point.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hm... good point.

The 9th limits the Fed Gov. All following Amendments are use of the 9th Amendment. You'll be happy to know Va, Fl and 5 other States had no part in the17th Amendment.

In the Federalist Papers, there was debate whether to even include a BoRs because of fear it would limit it to the original 8 Amendments. Madison and Hamilton. Thus the 9th Amendment.

This judge and judgment is full on leftwing progressive bench legislation.. Like all the recent federal judgments on what the radical left call homosexual marriage..

Link Posted: 5/11/2014 4:59:44 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
In this thread "living, breathing" types out themselves.
View Quote

+1

Link Posted: 5/11/2014 5:24:52 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So you have no problem with other peoples morality being shoved down your throat.
as long as you agree.

typical.
Link Posted: 5/11/2014 5:25:17 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

The point you missed is that your counter argument essentially accuses your opponent of making a "category error" (look it up).  I simply pointed out that male - female couplings vs. same sex couplings are indeed separate categories because they possess separate attributes.  

Now, you can argue for same sex marriage on other basis, but not on the counter argument that you presented.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No, no category error.

Also, you are completely missing the point and/or not adressing it.

He LIED to make his point and I called him on it.

Simple as that.

Link Posted: 5/11/2014 5:27:36 AM EDT
[#43]
Judges are Lawyers ----> Lawyers are liberal Democrats -----> Democrats love Cock.
Link Posted: 5/11/2014 5:33:07 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote

Do they even have to use force?
Link Posted: 5/11/2014 5:34:09 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
coast to coast legal faggotry will be the law of land by the end of Hillary's second term.

as will legal dope....
View Quote

Cause for celebration for the progressives who infest GD.
Link Posted: 5/11/2014 5:44:29 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Bring on the polygamy.

View Quote

Use Gay Logic to defend any form of marriage:

1) You can't legislate who people love.
2) Did I vote on your marriage?
3) My God thinks I am fabulous.
4) We want to miserable too.
5) You are making Ellen sad.
6) "Hey, hey! Ho, ho! Homophobia's Polgyamyphobia got to go!"
7) "Out of the Closets King size beds and into the Streets"
8) Gay Polygamy marriage won't lead to dog marriage.

Its a very facile argument to make to justify literally anything.
Link Posted: 5/11/2014 5:52:53 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Article IV, Section 1:

Full faith and credit shall be given in each state to the public acts, records, and judicial proceedings of every other state. And the Congress may by general laws prescribe the manner in which such acts, records, and proceedings shall be proved, and the effect thereof.

Which means a wedding certificate from Vermont is a wedding certificate in this state.  Making an amendment banning gay marriage from another state is a violation of the Constitution.     Amendment 10 does not apply.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I agree.

edit yes I agree that the state should be deciding

Then you should understand why those of us that take the Constitution seriously get our "panties in a bunch":

Amendment X:  The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.

Article IV, Section 1:

Full faith and credit shall be given in each state to the public acts, records, and judicial proceedings of every other state. And the Congress may by general laws prescribe the manner in which such acts, records, and proceedings shall be proved, and the effect thereof.

Which means a wedding certificate from Vermont is a wedding certificate in this state.  Making an amendment banning gay marriage from another state is a violation of the Constitution.     Amendment 10 does not apply.

States may draw reasonable distinctions and exceptions and they do.  For example, having a hunting license in SC does not give me permission to hunt in Georgia.  Would you argue that that is a violation of the Constitution?
Link Posted: 5/11/2014 5:58:15 AM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 5/11/2014 6:03:42 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Keep on keeping on.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I agree.

Keep on keeping on.

So infertile people shouldn't be allowed to marry?  What about post menopausal women?  Yeah, marriage ain't about children.
Link Posted: 5/11/2014 6:16:57 AM EDT
[#50]
America is over, sorry.
Page / 12
Top Top