Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 10:05:40 PM EDT
[#1]
May, might/could have, etc. is enough to destroy an officer or NCO's career, at least in today's military.

Guilty until proven innocent...and proving a negative is often quite hard.
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 3:41:55 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Yeah it does.  Sometimes it's surprising and justified -  see Chilly Winter.  Other time, not so much.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Was surprised by a former CO who got fired on his second CO tour. Happens.

Yeah it does.  Sometimes it's surprising and justified -  see Chilly Winter.  Other time, not so much.

At this point, nothing surprises me anymore. What we do know is there was a preliminary investigation by the IG. The preliminary investigation found enough to merit a further investigation and his removal from his current duty.

IG investigations, while not routine, are not exactly uncommon. I have had two COs and an XO who have been investigated, while still in the chair. None of the investigations got out of the preliminary stage, even though one probably should have. Based on my experience, I tend to give the IG the benefit of the doubt. It has been my experience they're pretty good at filtering out the B.S.
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 4:34:13 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Did you see what you were wearing? You kinda asked for it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Striker pinched my butt during a "group hug" in the staff break room.  

Did you see what you were wearing? You kinda asked for it.

I'll be needing some virtual eye bleach now.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top