Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 2:25:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Well I guess fast and furious better get in the action before they are banned.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 2:26:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Well.....crap.... I'm boned.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 2:27:36 PM EDT
[#3]
wow 45 whole rounds a minute.  that baby can really cycle!

Link Posted: 4/23/2014 2:30:29 PM EDT
[#4]
wonderful
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 2:33:09 PM EDT
[#5]
May JMB watch over Dimitri Karras and protect him in his time of need
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 2:34:26 PM EDT
[#6]
"One that needs just a couple more holes drilled in it".

Like a customer bring in a junk car and telling you it just needs a tune up.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 2:52:12 PM EDT
[#8]
How are they going to change the law to ban making your own receiver?
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 2:52:53 PM EDT
[#9]
In order to be innocent until proven guilty, you must prove in court that your home build was completed before the law took effect.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 2:56:37 PM EDT
[#10]
In Oceanside, Calif., Karras has made a big business out of selling kits that are easily turned into guns. And because of the way the gun laws work, no background check is required.

View Quote

Marines from Pendleton know what Oceanside really offers.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 2:58:05 PM EDT
[#11]
They should make it illegal for felons to own homemade guns....  Oh wait... It's already illegal.  

Has a homemade gun ever been used in a shooting?  I will wager it is much easier to buy a stolen gun than make your own.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 2:58:39 PM EDT
[#12]
Its funny how there is a concerted effort from all press outlets to put something about a "background check" into every mention of guns, as if it is a universal accepted common sense. The articles all have the exact same wording
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 3:02:50 PM EDT
[#13]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
They should make it illegal for felons to own homemade guns....  Oh wait... It's already illegal.  

Has a homemade gun ever been used in a shooting?  I will wager it is much easier to buy a stolen gun than make your own.
View Quote

Yess in cali cpl years back, kid built a AR and shot up his stepdad or some shit..
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 3:05:08 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Yess in cali cpl years back, kid built a AR and shot up his stepdad or some shit..
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think it was the guy that shot some kids in the college library.

ETA: Sorry for the mobile link. http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2013_Santa_Monica_shooting
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 3:06:02 PM EDT
[#15]
It was only a matter of time....
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 3:09:05 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

ETA: Sorry for the mobile link. http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2013_Santa_Monica_shooting
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Al I remember about it was that he used a hand drill in a drill press jig in his bedroom.
After the shooting they figured out it was a 80%.
If I rmember correctly, dont quote me... he couldnt own a firearm for some reason.

Seems I remember something about him shooting in public aswell. Dunno, so many wackjobs out there doing stupid shit its hard to sepreate them all.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 3:10:58 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Its funny how there is a concerted effort from all press outlets to put something about a "background check" into every mention of guns, as if it is a universal accepted common sense. The articles all have the exact same wording
View Quote

Because "background check" is code for "confiscation list"
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 3:12:53 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Al I remember about it was that he used a hand drill in a drill press jig in his bedroom.
If I rmember correctly, dont quote me... he couldnt own a firearm for some reason.

Seems I remember something about him shooting in public aswell. Dunno, so many wackjobs out there doing stupid shit its hard to sepreate them all.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

He was "deemed ineligible" per this article. http://articles.latimes.com/2013/jun/13/local/la-me-0614-santa-monica-shooting-20130614
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 3:18:44 PM EDT
[#19]
That "news" article is about as accurate as a broken calculator. What a load of crap, "registered with the Feds."
Bunch of nonsense only used to make people believe the laws allow some type of criminal behavior.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 3:23:38 PM EDT
[#20]
Oh FFS I could make a lower out of a 2x4 if I wanted.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 3:32:34 PM EDT
[#21]
Saw it last night.
Homemade Guns: Legal, Unregistered and Can Kill
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-m0RRbfvh4
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 3:33:42 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

prove it
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 3:45:32 PM EDT
[#23]
What ever happened to the Lego project?
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 3:47:12 PM EDT
[#24]
So the ATF is finally admitting they are illegally making lists of all gun sales." It's his job to stop people from making guns ."
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 3:47:57 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

prove it
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

prove it

It's been done many times.

Link Posted: 4/23/2014 3:54:42 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote

Or on a 3d printer and there's fuckall they could do about it.

That genie is already out of the bottle and they missed the boat by a couple years.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 4:04:39 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yep.

It is  a very concentrated effort. It will become more prevalent and strident as they gear up for their war on gun owners.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 4:19:30 PM EDT
[#28]
Karras isn't doing us any favors by bragging about it.

Put as many on the street as you want, just keep it to yourself.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 4:24:55 PM EDT
[#29]
I have not found photo proof yet because the agent refused to send out a copy of the particular PowerPoint slide but eyewitnesses say at a meet and greet between gun owners in Nashville and the ATF,  an agent showed a slide show. In it he had a slide that showed an 80% lower and the slide said it was illegal.

Many folks saw it and it caused quote an uproar.

This was about a month ago.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 4:32:00 PM EDT
[#30]
alright that's just flat COOL!

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

prove it

It's been done many times.

http://www.weaponeer.net/forum/uploads/orionshammer/images/2008-10-01_032154_03_success2.jpg

Link Posted: 4/23/2014 4:32:04 PM EDT
[#31]
All of a sudden yahoo are experts on what it takes to finish an 80% lower. They make it sound like it takes zero knowledge or experience.

"Receivers are tightly regulated. They're stamped with serial numbers and registered with the Feds. You need to pass a background check to buy one. Unless you buy one that's not quite finished. One that needs just a couple more holes drilled in it. That's called an unfinished, or 80 percent, receiver. And the law says, it's not a gun. It takes about 45 minutes at a drill press to do the job"
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 4:41:32 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote

Huh, funny how that works.

Link Posted: 4/23/2014 4:48:18 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
All of a sudden yahoo are experts on what it takes to finish an 80% lower. They make it sound like it takes zero knowledge or experience.

"Receivers are tightly regulated. They're stamped with serial numbers and registered with the Feds. You need to pass a background check to buy one. Unless you buy one that's not quite finished. One that needs just a couple more holes drilled in it. That's called an unfinished, or 80 percent, receiver. And the law says, it's not a gun. It takes about 45 minutes at a drill press to do the job"
View Quote

is this same woman who tried to perform a straw purchase with her husband while on camera?
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 4:59:52 PM EDT
[#34]
If they really want to make it effective, they're going to have to ban not only milling machines and access to raw material, but also knowledge and basic tools. I wouldn't put it past them to try.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 5:10:48 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
If they really want to make it effective, they're going to have to ban not only milling machines and access to raw material, but also knowledge and basic tools. I wouldn't put it past them to try.
View Quote

The ATF can have my Hardinge when they pry it out of my cold, dead hands.

Link Posted: 4/23/2014 5:22:09 PM EDT
[#36]
I fail to see how they can ban this, what next, ban a 0% forging, because those are made into firearms every year too
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 5:25:01 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 5:26:58 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 5:27:10 PM EDT
[#39]
They can't ban 0% or machine tools.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 5:29:29 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 5:32:30 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote

They ban screwing an oil filter or plastic coke bottle onto your gun.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 5:36:33 PM EDT
[#42]
I hope every seller of an 80% is destroying records, that is if they kept them.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 5:41:58 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote

I believe they are required to keep sales records.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 5:52:28 PM EDT
[#44]
dupe dupe dupe
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 5:52:56 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Exactly, they will just ban having a non-serialized gun that is not somehow registered as "historic" or something else and requiring a background check for the registration.  It's not difficult to do.  The question is why, what will it accomplish? It is already illegal for felons, etc to own guns, with or without serial numbers.  I believe the answer is that they expect registration of some sort and are covering their bases now.  Too much tin foil? Maybe
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 6:29:21 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

By the ATF or IRS?
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 6:33:08 PM EDT
[#47]

80% lowers piss them off they don't have 4473s to make a list off of
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 6:39:49 PM EDT
[#48]
All guns are unregistered in free states.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 6:41:40 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

By the ATF or IRS?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

By the ATF or IRS?

From a very practical standpoint it does not matter since it is all the government .  The thing is if it is required by  the IRS for tax purposes , the ATF can have access to those records with a court order.  Its all one in the same .  The fact of the matter is they are going to know who was sold what and how many .
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 6:53:13 PM EDT
[#50]
This is the same cunt that tried her level best that face-to-face buyers were all criminals.
Her and her husband tried to buy as many guns as they could in as short a period of time as possible.

Why Ares agreed to an interview with this cunt is beyond me.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top