Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/23/2014 7:55:24 AM EDT
My cousin said he just had to watch this training video.  What are GDs thoughts?

Link Posted: 4/23/2014 8:00:01 AM EDT
[#1]
I had to watch that same exact video at school.  My instructor (who is a practicing PT as well, so not your typical libtard product of acadamia who has never been in the real world) was very open about her dislike of gun free zones, and that she would carry if she could.  We sat around talking for about an hour just what to do if something like that ever happened.   The one part of the video that made me (assuming it is the same video, which as I said, I am pretty sure it is) there is a part where they get outside, but kind of hover around the building for no apparent reason.  The point is to get away, and if you are in that situation, a high majority of the time it is just a solo gunman.  But fear freezes people and turns them into sitting ducks.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 8:05:13 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 8:05:47 AM EDT
[#3]
You mean I'm not supposed to just shelter in place and wait for the shooter to find and then actively shoot me.  I never thought the media would lie to me like that.  
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 8:05:52 AM EDT
[#4]
I was trained to seek out the threat and eliminate it.

Pussification of Americans now is Run away, Hide, or if you absolutly have to fight. Odds are if your not prepared for the fight in the first place, your dead.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 8:08:22 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 8:08:53 AM EDT
[#6]
my plan is to take a bullet to an extremity, then sue the business for not allowing me to carry.. I should be set for the rest of my life.. Luckly Ill take one in the left leg, its pretty screwed up already.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 8:10:27 AM EDT
[#7]
Good advice.

Or, you could blade at 45 degrees and shoot back.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 8:12:05 AM EDT
[#8]
Fun things to notice in the video.

1. Bad Guy violates the concealed weapons door sign for Texas. AKA the 30.06 sign. You can see it when he goes in the building. So, that sign was clearly effective in . . . . disarming the people who worked in the building turning it into a target rich environment. Didn't stop the BG.

2. Note the length of the video. Making a statement some how?

Link Posted: 4/23/2014 8:13:28 AM EDT
[#9]
Yep, had to watch that for my work as well.  Sad times we live in.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 8:15:49 AM EDT
[#10]
I just watched a couple training videos like this, taught the same thing.  My thoughts are:  me and my partner are unarmed at our company's front desk.  If someone comes in with a gun we're probably getting shot dead first.  Hopefully everyone else figures out what to do.  I do know people have guns in there cars for what that's worth. .
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 8:19:27 AM EDT
[#11]
My girls are both taught to exit the window or classroom door the instant they hear gunfire. Ignore the teacher, ignore the class, get out the door and move the opposite of the gun fire
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 8:19:38 AM EDT
[#12]
Am I the only one who was hoping that the kitchen lounge (near the end of the video - fight) of people preparing to fight were all packing?
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 8:19:49 AM EDT
[#13]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Pussification of Americans now is Run away, Hide, or if you absolutly have to fight. Odds are if your not prepared for the fight in the first place, your dead.
View Quote

So you are going to seek out an active shooter and risk your life for your employer.  If you are LEO or military that comes with the job.  For the average cubicle dwelling citizen that does not.  

If I hear SHTF at work I'm out of the building.  If I can't exit I will find a way to conceal myself.  If the threat still presents itself in front of me I will engage it.  That isn't pussification of Americans, that is smartly handling a dangerous situation where you are outgunned.

When we watched the video the people in charge informed everyone that carrying a concealed weapon was allowed in the state buildings.  The legislature cleaned up some ambiguity in the language of our law and carrying on most state property is allowed even if the building has metal detectors at the entrance.

Link Posted: 4/23/2014 8:22:30 AM EDT
[#14]
"Run" means run away, not exit the building and walk 20 feet to the side.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 8:24:10 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
my plan is to take a bullet to an extremity, then sue the business for not allowing me to carry.. I should be set for the rest of my life.. Luckly Ill take one in the left leg, its pretty screwed up already.
View Quote

Nice.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 8:26:00 AM EDT
[#16]
This is an outstanding plan for the 99% of people who do not carry a firearm and not a bad plan for the 1% who do.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 8:30:17 AM EDT
[#17]
be a lot less drama if someone had put bullet in that fuckers ear early on.....
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 8:31:00 AM EDT
[#18]
Flee, flee for your lives.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 8:35:45 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

But it's a gun free zone. So guns aren't allowed.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 8:38:53 AM EDT
[#20]
I had to sit through a lecture about active shooters on monday and they showed that video at the end. Was given by 2 former fbi agents.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 8:41:50 AM EDT
[#21]
Correct answer is run. I carry to protect myself, not be a hero.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 8:43:07 AM EDT
[#22]
I have a way to prevent being a victim of the situation depicted in that video.  Skip to 59 seconds in.  Notice that 30.06 sign?  That's the Texas version of a "gunbusters" a/k/a legal notice that CCW/CHL is not welcomed.

Step 1, see sign
Step 2, do not work there; if you are a potential patron/customer do not give them your business
Step 3, work and frequent places that allow you to protect yourself
Step 4, Keep calm, carry on.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 8:43:26 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I had to sit through a lecture about active shooters on monday and they showed that video at the end. Was given by 2 former fbi agents.
View Quote

in before the youtube video of fed shooting himself in class.....
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 8:48:51 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

"I'm the only one here qualified to carry a gun". >POP<

Dumbass.

Link Posted: 4/23/2014 8:50:05 AM EDT
[#25]
Watched it for work as well. At least I'm not the only one who thought is was silly to escape the building....just to hang out near it.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 8:53:27 AM EDT
[#26]
The standing around after exiting is stupid.....  but true....

We were in DC a few weeks ago and someone left a 'bag unattended' on the second floor of Air and Space.  Fire alarms were set off by security, the building was evacuated, police blocked the road etc. etc.  Once we got outside, we LEFT THE AREA, all the way back to alexandria.  The rest of the museum attendees milled around, right outside the door.  School groups were huddled together and massed around the stairs of the entrance.

Had it been an active shooter, the outside of the museum looked like ducks on a pond.  Had it been a bomb, and damaged the building to point of collapse, the people standing around right next to the building would have been injured or possibly worse.

I really don't understand the mental state of people who think that moving 15-20 feet away from what they've been evacuated from now puts them out of harms way completely.

People are dumb.  I DO know that
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 8:54:58 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Correct answer is run. I carry to protect myself, not be a hero.
View Quote

I've often said, "Get out, get away" is a plan that is adaptable to almost any emergency.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 9:04:14 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Fun things to notice in the video.

1. Bad Guy violates the concealed weapons door sign for Texas. AKA the 30.06 sign. You can see it when he goes in the building. So, that sign was clearly effective in . . . . disarming the people who worked in the building turning it into a target rich environment. Didn't stop the BG.

2. Note the length of the video. Making a statement some how?

View Quote

30.06 only applies to handguns, and only to CHL holders.

Link Posted: 4/23/2014 9:04:43 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote

Guns are icky and violence is never an answer...
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 9:06:00 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

View Quote

And somehow I get the feeling you'd still be the guy arresting people for carrying without a CHL, or past a 30.06 sign, or in a college.

Link Posted: 4/23/2014 9:12:54 AM EDT
[#31]
I have a Biden app on my phone that fires "two blasts". Threat dealt with.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 9:14:49 AM EDT
[#32]
We did this two years ago.

That kind of bullshit policy willl get you killed.  May I suggest if your employer has such a policy, that you come up with your own plan for defending yourself in the event your workplace gets victimized by an active shooter.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 9:25:42 AM EDT
[#33]
Let me guess. Dude with backpack enters building, calmly takes shotgun out of backpack and kills the armed guard first? Then all the sheep scatter? The AF made us watch this vid a few years ago. I couldn't take it seriously. I kept thinking just one armed guy would end that fuckers day fast. Just like the Oregon mall mass shooter fail last year.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 9:26:22 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
We did this two years ago.

That kind of bullshit policy willl get you killed.  May I suggest if your employer has such a policy, that you come up with your own plan for defending yourself in the event your workplace gets victimized by an active shooter.
View Quote

If you cant carry a gun how about a katana.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 9:30:40 AM EDT
[#35]
I work at home, no need to run away, screaming like a pansy.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 9:49:59 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote

Thanks sheep-dog.
I'll get away from the scene ASAP.
I'll keep my life/finances/job and family intact.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 10:46:58 AM EDT
[#37]

Not bad for the general population.  Highly unlikely the terrorists had time to chain every door in a large mall.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 11:07:54 AM EDT
[#38]
WTF is an "active" shooter?  If they aren't "active" then who gives a fuck about them?  Why do liberals feel the need for unnecessary, redundant, and unnecessary adjectives?
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 11:09:44 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
WTF is an "active" shooter?  If they aren't "active" then who gives a fuck about them?  Why do liberals feel the need for unnecessary, redundant, and unnecessary adjectives?
View Quote

Well, there may be a few "lethargic shooters", but they're pretty easy to get away from.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 11:10:36 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote

I think roaming around shooting people qualifies as "active".
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 11:18:10 AM EDT
[#41]
My hospital's big thing now is Active Shooter drills.  Some hoo-aah guy plays the 'shooter', and role-plays through a department.  

The good thing:  it encourages discussion among co-workers.  

The better thing?  When he did my department, I waited until he broke the plane of my desk and laid him the f*ck out.  Terry Tate would've been proud.  I claimed that I didn't hear the 'drill' announcement because I was listening to Joe Rogan with headphones.  My boss woke himself up laughing that night thinking about what he saw...

Link Posted: 4/23/2014 11:20:13 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
My cousin said he just had to watch this training video.  What are GDs thoughts?

http://youtu.be/5VcSwejU2D0
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/23/2014 11:29:54 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote

Unless you're working at a military base or .gov building fuck their no carry bullshit rules. Concealed means concealed and I'm not risking my life because fucking Bob in accounting wigged the fuck out and starts fucking shooting his co-workers. YMMV.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 9:11:44 PM EDT
[#44]
Am I the only one who thinks the fight portion is ridiculous?
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 9:12:56 PM EDT
[#45]
Find one of those large blue recycling containers and jump in it.  Safe.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 9:29:43 PM EDT
[#46]
i thought you were supposed to pee yourself?
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 9:50:01 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

And somehow I get the feeling you'd still be the guy arresting people for carrying without a CHL, or past a 30.06 sign, or in a college.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You must not know me at all!  I'm probably one of the most Pro-2A cops around.

In fact I have overlooked a gun guy open carrying a pistol in plain view at a restaurant. He saw me, I saw him, we both knew it and no one went to jail.  It was the little derringer in the belt buckle type.
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 9:42:50 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

You must not know me at all!  I'm probably one of the most Pro-2A cops around.

In fact I have overlooked a gun guy open carrying a pistol in plain view at a restaurant. He saw me, I saw him, we both knew it and no one went to jail.  It was the little derringer in the belt buckle type.
View Quote

My apologies then. I must have mixed you up with someone else. Sorry about that.

Link Posted: 4/25/2014 10:50:12 AM EDT
[#49]
Had to watch that at work a few weeks ago.
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 11:01:22 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Am I the only one who thinks the fight portion is ridiculous?
View Quote

Well it can be, but then you may be in a situation where that is the only option.  Say you barricade yourself into a room that the BG makes his way into, or you are with a group of people trying to run, turn around a corner, and there he is.  You have to remember something, most of the time this happens, it is just ONE person.  One guy.  And I know the way that guns are portrayed in the media nowadays, him having one makes a lot of people look at him as this invincible force that can't be stopped because he has a GUN.  But what is a gun?  It is a tool that shoots a small projectile at a high speed.  It can't shoot in multiple directions at the same time either.

If you and a group of people are in that situation, and you all rush him at once and try to get him to the ground, you might have a chance.  it is not about being a hero, it is about playing the odds.  Because if you come face to face with him, and you do nothing, YOU ARE GOING TO DIE, RIGHT THERE, RIGHT THEN.  I know it is easy to have a plan when we are sitting in comfy chairs on the internet, vs. being in a situation where you can smell your own death, I get that, and like I said it is not about being a hero or a tough guy or any of that...but if 4 or 5 people rush a lone shooter at the same time, he might hit one of them, maybe even two, but if the rest of the people can get him on the ground, it's over for him.  

Obviously, however, the problem lies in communication.  If one person rushes, but the other people he is with freeze, they just signed his death sentence, and after they watch him die they are going to die themselves.  

So in a nutshell, is fighting the best option?  Fuck no.  Getting out and as far away as possible is the best plan.  But when chaos starts, plans go to shit, and you have to work with the hand you are dealt.  And, like I said, you may be in the situation where you only have two options...to die sitting on your hands, or to die trying to survive.  At least if you die trying to survive, you have a chance, as small as it may be.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top