User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 6:42:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Israel used to use suppressed Ruger 10/22s for "crowd control". ID leadership. Pop in the groin. Riot ends.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Explanation of wtf is going on in these?

Who are they sniping at 100 yards with a parade behind them? Is that integrally suppressed 22lr?

In all honesty, I would like to know this answer as well.

Israel used to use suppressed Ruger 10/22s for "crowd control". ID leadership. Pop in the groin. Riot ends.

Interesting. In a weird way, I actually like that rifle...a lot.

Yeah, and Page 2.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 6:42:45 PM EDT
[#2]
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/22/2014 6:43:10 PM EDT
[#3]
If everything I have ever heard at a gun shop was true, the world would be a weird, weird place
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 6:46:27 PM EDT
[#4]
View All Quotes

Needs more BeowulfX.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 7:09:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Was it really because they want to cut down on civilian casualties since it won't penetrate a human body or break through a mud hut?

The guy a the gun store wasn't sure which reason it was, or if it was both reasons. He also informed me that this is why we don't have much 22lr anymore.
View Quote

Dude, did he really say that?  Seriously?
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 7:13:24 PM EDT
[#6]
View Quote

You know those are made for popping palistinians in the nutz, right? Here, lemme trim an inch of the end of your dick...
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 7:19:14 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Was it really because they want to cut down on civilian casualties since it won't penetrate a human body or break through a mud hut?

The guy a the gun store wasn't sure which reason it was, or if it was both reasons. He also informed me that this is why we don't have much 22lr anymore.

Yes, and it came straight from soldiers overseas that were honest with him.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 7:25:37 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 4/23/2014 9:28:01 AM EDT
[#9]
Here's a cold link about the israeli 10-22 rifle.

http://feraljundi.com/223/weapons-the-israeli-ruger-1022-suppressed-sniper-rifle/
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 9:34:25 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Very.
View All Quotes

I want some too ...anyone got a source? They are basically brown jump boots
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 9:35:45 AM EDT
[#11]
GREAT QUESTION!
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 9:38:48 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I love everyone behind the designated marksman.  He's thinking "I'm down, using cover, got the suppressor on and Colibiri in the pipe.  Tactical as Sheol.  Now I just need to ...  Fuck.  There's like 15 dudes standing up behind me aren't there?"
View All Quotes
Quoted:

I love everyone behind the designated marksman.  He's thinking "I'm down, using cover, got the suppressor on and Colibiri in the pipe.  Tactical as Sheol.  Now I just need to ...  Fuck.  There's like 15 dudes standing up behind me aren't there?"

Awesome.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 9:45:52 AM EDT
[#13]
Somehow, I would find kneecapping a dude with a silenced .22 in a riot situation,

great stress release.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 9:49:15 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Who are they sniping at 100 yards with a parade behind them? Is that integrally suppressed 22lr?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

IDF uses them to take out street lights and dogs.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 9:51:59 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote

Why does the Army have any ammo?
I mean according to the Democrats the real fight against terrorism is here! Home Land Security could use that ammo to go after the tea party, gun owners and Veterans.
A bunch of raciest Obama haters!
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 11:27:32 AM EDT
[#17]
I really gotta get out more.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 11:34:26 AM EDT
[#18]
Ah, you wot mate?
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 11:42:00 AM EDT
[#19]
pew pew pew
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 11:44:46 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

http://feraljundi.com/223/weapons-the-israeli-ruger-1022-suppressed-sniper-rifle/
View Quote

Interesting and sanitized too - the IDF doesn't shoot Pali rioters in the "legs".  The psychology is excellent though, any good Pali would gladly take a bullet in the shoulder or the hip and show it off like a great war wound, but get shot in the nuts or lose your pecker, well... that changes everything.  
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 2:46:34 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Interesting and sanitized too - the IDF doesn't shoot Pali rioters in the "legs".  The psychology is excellent though, any good Pali would gladly take a bullet in the shoulder or the hip and show it off like a great war wound, but get shot in the nuts or lose your pecker, well... that changes everything.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What got my interest was that the IDF was using it as a nonlethal riot control .  . .  And then found it was more lethal than they thought.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 4:34:15 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So, did they just switch to .22LR conversion kits, or did the switch to something that has a more suitable bore diameter and twist rate like a 10/22?  And if so, is this why the 10/22 takedowns were so difficult to find last year?  Since M16 bullets tumble in flight, I imagine .22LR was a welcome switch for our troops.  Did their qualification scores increase?  I bet they did.  I recently shot a 25 meter scaled timed-fire target with an AR and 10/22.  My scores were slightly better with the 10/22, even on the "300M" silhouette.  It's proper field testing like this that gives me supreme confidence, knowing that if I ever have to engage a target at 200 meters with my 10/22, I'm going to kick ass.  Good enough for our boys in Afghanistan, good enough for me ... I always say.

Now, if only I had some of this awesome .22LR ammo of which your LGS guy speaks.  By any chance, did he have a couple of bricks stashed away in the back room marked at the reasonable price of $85 / brick?

Link Posted: 4/24/2014 4:38:03 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote

Shut up Carl!
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 4:43:08 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote

You actually believed something a counter monkey told you?
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 5:56:12 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He told me he was a firearm expert. At any rate, I don't believe Rural King would hire someone who wasn't an expert at firearms to work their counter.
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 6:04:27 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I'm using that explanation now for everyone who asks  
View Quote

Oh yeah!
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 6:15:10 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

First Post Fails It
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Lol wut?

First Post Fails It
Sounds like a Sig Line for a 13er.
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 6:20:18 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Im pretty sure Ive met that private.
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 6:28:29 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 6:30:16 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Govt. cutbacks.
View Quote

At this current rate, it would cost MORE
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 6:41:56 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
He told me he was a firearm expert. At any rate, I don't believe Rural King would hire someone who wasn't an expert at firearms to work their counter.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Link Posted: 4/26/2014 6:46:08 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 8:22:20 AM EDT
[#33]
I would have terrible time not calling him an idiot to his face....
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 8:28:05 AM EDT
[#34]
Leatherneckbearding .....that's where the 22LR is going....the stuff I learn on GD and through reliable gun store experts....I feel a little guilty for not being charged tuition for this knowledge
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 8:37:41 AM EDT
[#35]
Op,

Are you gonna return the legs you pulled off?

Otherwise it's just mean.
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 8:42:34 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Such gun counter bullshit.

Everyone knows they use 22lr because it bounces around inside the skull then tumbles THEN expands.  And once it expands you are done for.  DONE FOR.  
View Quote

Lol..I've heard this before.
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 8:46:45 AM EDT
[#37]
Holy fuck. What would be the hold-over on a 300 meter engagement?
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 8:49:42 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
What the actual fuck.

That's got more herp than Lindsey Lohan.
View Quote

Lol
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 9:16:57 AM EDT
[#39]
It all makes sense to me now.....
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top