Hasn't responded to mine either.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Quoted:
I like how he responds to everyone's comment...except mine. :(

He's calling in firemission on your IP address.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 9:56:26 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Damn
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 10:02:10 AM EDT
[#3]
Veterans shouldn't have to pay taxes? Oh lawd...

Veterans: Veterans that have served in a combat theatre, that have seen enemy conflict, that have bore the burdens of war and come home forever changed have paid enough in taxes and should be exempt from local, state and federal taxes. Those that stood ready to defend our nation should be given every opportunity to excel through higher education and job security while also receiving the medical and disability benefits they have earned while in the service of our nations protection. This is a promise that was made to them and one that must be honored and protected from political gridlock.
View Quote

This guy thinks way too highly of himself....
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 10:03:03 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Damn
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Damn
I just want him to deny that he won't be providing FREE training to the masses. That this requirement will cost the gun guys $1500 in training and $500 in ammo to complete. Annually.

Link Posted: 4/23/2014 10:07:49 AM EDT
[#5]
sadly, there are some bootlicking Fudds that are applauding his approach.

can we just deport the Fudds to the UK or Australia?
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 10:14:46 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

0861 Forward Observer
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Is he really a Marine or some schmuck who got chaptered out of basic training for sucking cocks before DADT was repealed?

The armed services are made up of the US population
served with many a douchebag

ETA:
He wants to put his hands in you pockets as do all politcos

Fucking truth. Always amazed at Soldiers stealing from fellow Soldiers...among other things...but douchebags are going to douchebag.

What was his job in the Marines?

0861 Forward Observer

FiSTfucker.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 10:15:16 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
As others have said, he want us to have to do the same training he got in the armed services....

Well, I was an 0331.  Can I now buy MK19's and ammo?

Fuck this clown shoe waring ass monkey.
View Quote

I was an 0311 in the Reserves before I went active and went swinging with the wing. Does that mean I can has M16s, 203s, and grenades?
Funny, when you extend their logic out to its inevitable conclusion, it suddenly doesn't look so hot to them.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 10:29:34 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

My grandfather was with the 1st Marines at Inchon and the Reservoir and I'm pretty sure he talked less about his service over the next 50 years than this guy has during his "campaign".
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
It is a shame your perspective is against me rather than seeing mine as for you. But I did offer my life to protect your rights. What have you done to make our nation better?

Wow, who saw that sad "rebuttal" coming from a mile away?

So a non-CAR wearing pogue, who states that he never shot a rifle outside of qual week in bootcamp has the temerity to pull that line?  That's a douche move.

My grandfather was with the 1st Marines at Inchon and the Reservoir and I'm pretty sure he talked less about his service over the next 50 years than this guy has during his "campaign".

I hate those guys. Does 4 years, gets out as an E-4, and can't shut the fuck up about his service. Spouts off with his military "wisdom" like he wrote the curriculum for the War College.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 10:42:38 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
May be dupe, looked back a few pages didn't see it posted.

A Dan Gaita a former Mainre running for governor in CT says he'd compromise by repealing our latest anti rights firearm laws and have people take the same training and have annual qualifications that he had in the Marines in order to possess "assault weapons". He is in a lengthy discussion on his facebook page with several people that makes for further entertaining reading.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/219665517/Assault-Weapons-Ban-in-Connecticut-One-Marines-Perspective

So, to answer your question:
“Do I support overturning the ban on assault weapons?”

Answer:

So long as any person that owns an assault weapon goes through the same training and annual qualifications I did, then yes, yes I do support overturning the ban.
In the mean time, for those of you that don’t want to go through this type of training and qualification program you can still go to the store and get yourself a rifle, a pistol, a shotgun and ammunition for each.

Nobody, (despite the frenzy of misinformation on this topic) not even here in the legislative dysfunctional state of CT, is coming to take guns from law-abiding citizens.

But if we want to own an “Assault Weapon” I believe we should be properly trained to safely, effectively and accurately use one.
View Quote
View Quote

Ok.  Thats a perfect platform to teach said rifle marksmanship and weapons handling skill to ALL seniors in ALL high svhools in CT.  After all thats when theyre gonna be of age to be able to purchase said vile weaponry.  Mandatory instruction at the hands of DS/DI
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 10:57:27 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Ok.  Thats a perfect platform to teach said rifle marksmanship and weapons handling skill to ALL seniors in ALL high svhools in CT.  After all thats when theyre gonna be of age to be able to purchase said vile weaponry.  Mandatory instruction at the hands of DS/DI
View Quote

Nope. He'd rather have people pay for expensive training. The whole "barrier to entry" thing.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 11:05:14 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

Their government, their rules.

Why do you hate freedom? The people of CT decided.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 11:09:34 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
What a disgrace to the Marines and to America he is.
View Quote

This.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 11:14:18 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No we didn't

It was decided for us.

Not complying

Fuck them
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 11:15:05 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

A Dan Gaita a former Mainre running for governor in CT says he'd compromise by repealing our latest anti rights firearm laws and have people take the same training and have annual qualifications that he had in the Marines in order to possess "assault weapons". He is in a lengthy discussion on his facebook page with several people that makes for further entertaining reading.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/219665517/Assault-Weapons-Ban-in-Connecticut-One-Marines-Perspective

"Do I support overturning the ban on assault weapons?”

Answer:

So long as any person that owns an assault weapon goes through the same training and annual qualifications I did, then yes, yes I do support overturning the ban.

In the mean time, for those of you that don’t want to go through this type of training and qualification program you can still go to the store and get yourself a rifle, a pistol, a shotgun and ammunition for each.

Nobody, (despite the frenzy of misinformation on this topic) not even here in the legislative dysfunctional state of CT, is coming to take guns from law-abiding citizens.

But if we want to own an "Assault Weapon” I believe we should be properly trained to safely, effectively and accurately use one.
View Quote
View Quote
If he is talking about the liberal definition of "assault weapons" then I say fuck him. But Rome wasn't built in a day. I can see a form of this being used for real assault rifles as a stepping stone to repealing the NFA and the 86 automatic weapons ban. The nation will never go for an all in one return to conservatism. But feed it to them in little bites and it might work. Unfortunately I think he is using the liberal definition. So FUCK NO!

Link Posted: 4/23/2014 11:18:44 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

No we didn't

It was decided for us.

Not complying

Fuck them
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No we didn't

It was decided for us.

Not complying

Fuck them

See, now you're exercising freedom. Unlike that "libertarian" who wants to whine and ship political opponents to distant lands.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 11:19:04 AM EDT
[#16]
Veterans: Veterans that have served in a combat theatre, that have seen enemy conflict, that have bore the burdens of war and come home forever changed have paid enough in taxes and should be exempt from local, state and federal taxes. Those that stood ready to defend our nation should be given every opportunity to excel through higher education and job security while also receiving the medical and disability benefits they have earned while in the service of our nations protection. This is a promise that was made to them and one that must be honored and protected from political gridlock.
View Quote

I would get behind this.  And I'm not a vet.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 11:34:38 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Oh he can sue away
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Watch out, he'll sue (and lose) if your hurt his feelings

http://www.newstimes.com/news/article/Verdict-Not-guilty-in-defamation-trial-3893257.php

Oh he can sue away

Link to the youtube video?

Link Posted: 4/23/2014 11:53:45 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You've got freedom confused and mixed up with the tyranny of the masses.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 12:38:35 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Watch out, he'll sue (and lose) if your hurt his feelings

http://www.newstimes.com/news/article/Verdict-Not-guilty-in-defamation-trial-3893257.php

Oh he can sue away

Here's his YouTube channel:  Dan Gaita

Lots of
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 12:44:50 PM EDT
[#20]

I see he is exercising his first amendment rights. I wonder, before using the bullhorn, did he get a background check, permit or receive proper training?

Link Posted: 4/23/2014 12:46:53 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
http://www.bethelbulletin.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/Dan-gaita.jpg

I see he is exercising his first amendment rights. I wonder, before using the bullhorn, did he get a background check, permit or receive proper training?

View Quote

He told them he used to be a Marine.  And saw a rack.  That should be enough.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 12:49:44 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

See, now you're exercising freedom. Unlike that "libertarian" who wants to whine and ship political opponents to distant lands.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No we didn't

It was decided for us.

Not complying

Fuck them

CT lost their best troll, and lib Yankee is the schmuck that replaces him.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 12:50:16 PM EDT
[#23]
Someone sign him up for an acct
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 12:53:29 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
If he is talking about the liberal definition of "assault weapons" then I say fuck him. But Rome wasn't built in a day. I can see a form of this being used for real assault rifles as a stepping stone to repealing the NFA and the 86 automatic weapons ban. The nation will never go for an all in one return to conservatism. But feed it to them in little bites and it might work. Unfortunately I think he is using the liberal definition. So FUCK NO!  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Answer:

But if we want to own an "Assault Weapon” I believe we should be properly trained to safely, effectively and accurately use one.

He himself doesn't define what he considers to be an AW, rather he continually points to the state of CT's definition of what an AW is. That's his problem. Further he post an opinion back in 2013 that indicates he has no problem with additional gun control laws BEYOND what CT has on the books at that time (prior to the latest BS that was passed). His problem now is that he keeps claiming he's a 2A supporter and is working to make things better, yet has espoused views that indicate he's in favor of more gun control than we had on the books prior to 4/4/13.

His latest whine is that we're being mean to him and that he's just misunderstood by people here and over on CCDL.

Dan Gaita issues Press Release citing AR15.com (CT Gov. Race Candidate wants Mandatory Gun Training)

Gun Rights Groups Target Unlikely Candidate: A US Marine
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 12:57:59 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He's sanitized his page and shut down the comments and messages.  Now he''s got a new piece up that's whining about how the gun rights folks are attacking an "unlikely" candidate.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 1:04:32 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

He's sanitized his page and shut down the comments and messages.  Now he''s got a new piece up that's whining about how the gun rights folks are attacking an "unlikely" candidate.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

And he's calling us the hypocrites?
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 1:05:30 PM EDT
[#27]
Gentlemen,

Do you remember in highschool when you would make it a personal challenge to make the substitute cry?

We will do the same to Gaita.

He will cry

We will not forgive

We will not forget

Link Posted: 4/23/2014 1:12:03 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Gentlemen,

Do you remember in highschool when you would make it a personal challenge to make the substitute cry?

He will cry

We will not forgive

We will not forget

View Quote

Do it to it!
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 1:14:06 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

No we didn't

It was decided for us.

Not complying

Fuck them
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No we didn't

It was decided for us.

Not complying

Fuck them

I think I have a man crush for you...
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 1:16:00 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Do it to it!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Gentlemen,

He will cry

We will not forgive

We will not forget

Do it to it!

Link Posted: 4/23/2014 1:18:27 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

He himself doesn't define what he considers to be an AW, rather he continually points to the state of CT's definition of what an AW is. That's his problem. Further he post an opinion back in 2013 that indicates he has no problem with additional gun control laws BEYOND what CT has on the books at that time (prior to the latest BS that was passed). His problem now is that he keeps claiming he's a 2A supporter and is working to make things better, yet has espoused views that indicate he's in favor of more gun control than we had on the books prior to 4/4/13.

His latest whine is that we're being mean to him and that he's just misunderstood by people here and over on CCDL.

Dan Gaita issues Press Release citing AR15.com (CT Gov. Race Candidate wants Mandatory Gun Training)

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Answer:

That's what I was afraid of. No go. This man is a closet dem in dress blues

Link Posted: 4/23/2014 1:20:50 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
He can get fucked.
View Quote

This!  Fuck him and his dipshit idea.  Since when does it become a requirement to have to go through a Marine qualification training program to own, much less use a semi-automatic rifle.  Because this is all an "assault weapon" is...... despite their tactic of placing a scary, liberal pissing pants name to it.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 1:21:46 PM EDT
[#33]
So it would be a full auto M4 right? Assault Rifle to a Marine is a M4/M16......I'd take that training and qual to get a free full boogie rifle.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 1:22:16 PM EDT
[#34]
Tell ya what, give me state paid for MARSOC training, and allow me to have the EXACT same equipment, and I'll take your training
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 1:23:00 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Especially for some REMF...
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 1:23:36 PM EDT
[#36]
So by definition an "assault weapon" is a select fire, fully automatic or burst weapon, right?  If all we need to do to possess class III items is qualify annually, I'm all for it.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 1:25:26 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
He can get fucked.
View Quote

in his ass
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 1:27:11 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
So by definition an "assault weapon" is a select fire, fully automatic or burst weapon, right?  If all we need to do to possess class III items is qualify annually, I'm all for it.
View Quote

Nope. He agrees with CT's description of an assault weapon:

1) any semi auto rifle or shotgun with detachable mag and pistol grip
2) any pistol with threaded barrel
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 1:27:26 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

CT lost their best troll, and lib Yankee is the schmuck that replaces him.
View Quote

He's the "*of equal or lesser value" part of the "Free DanTSX!" deal.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 1:27:34 PM EDT
[#40]
I still haven't heard a word from him regarding exactly what existent problem the training requirement is supposed to resolve; the elitist fuck.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 1:49:09 PM EDT
[#41]
Fuck that guy.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 1:50:11 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
I still haven't heard a word from him regarding exactly what existent problem the training requirement is supposed to resolve; the elitist fuck.
View Quote

And you won't.  It's not about training, nor is it meant to solve anything.  It's meant to be a barrier to owning semi-automatic rifles.  Since he subscribes to CT's definition of an "Assault Weapon" then his qualifications would be required for anything that is defined by the CT government.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 1:58:43 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

I've been trained with an AR, and have never once had to cite in my weapon.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Some more from Mr. Gaita from the Bethel, CT Patch back in early 2013.

GUN CONTROL - Common Sense Solutions Do Exist

Dan Gaita  January 06, 2013 at 03:05 PM

And for those completely unwilling to relent on their Constitutional right to possess Assault Weapons, how about this "Gun Control" measure: 1. In order to purchase and possess any type of "Assault Weapon" one must do the following: 1. Take a two week intensive (assault weapons) firearms safety and qualification course (like in any of the Armed Forces) 1b. for veterans, present a copy of your DD-214 2. Must pass qualification (like in any other Armed forces or protective service that issues assault weapons) - including citing in, preventative maintenance, and immediate action safety measures. 1b. for veterans, present a copy of your DD-214 3. Must pass a test on the laws governing the use of deadly force and firearms rules and regulations. 4. FBI background check 5. 2 week waiting period for any purchase 6. Registered location (physical address) of assault weapon. 7. Owner operated biometric trigger lock. I'd personally be willing to do all of the above and do not see any of that as an encroachment of my rights.

As I read through the initial doc that started this thread, his various Facebook postings, and now this opinion from 2013 I am struck by his constant use of the words "assault weapon" and relying on, or deferring to, the state's definition of what one is as the basis for what he thinks is a reasonable encroachment upon HIS rights. The problem he has is that the state's definition of an "assault weapon" is based SOLEY on arbitrary cosmetic features that DO NOT impact the operation of the firearm. To make matters worse for his particular view, the state reduced the feature count that defines an assault weapon from two to one on April 4, 2013.

To show how ill thought out his position is. I find it down right crazy (to put it mildly) to think that simply adding a pistol grip stock and or a flash hider to a Mini-14 Ranch Rifle that I've had in my possession for more than 15 years would mean, in HIS opinion, that I should now be required (under some threat of unstated state sanctioned punishment) to take training and requalification just so I could retain possession of it.

I've been trained with an AR, and have never once had to cite in my weapon.

I always thought AR's came Cited in from the factory.  You mean I actually have to go outside and shoot it to get it Cited. Damn now I have to buy some Bullets.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 2:05:37 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

That doesn't happen in Marine boot. Please stop confusing the Corps with the Navy.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Is he really a Marine or some schmuck who got chaptered out of basic training for sucking cocks before DADT was repealed?

That doesn't happen in Marine boot. Please stop confusing the Corps with the Navy.

So sucking cock in boot camp wasn't a disqualifier for Marines?  Huh. Whaddaya know....

As for this particular idiot's proposal... does this mean the State of CT will be providing ranges, qualified marksmanship instructors, paid training time, and a quarterly training allowance of ammo?  Just like the Corps did for him?
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 2:07:01 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

And you won't.  It's not about training, nor is it meant to solve anything.  It's meant to be a barrier to owning semi-automatic rifles.  Since he subscribes to CT's definition of an "Assault Weapon" then his qualifications would be required for anything that is defined by the CT government.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Absolutely.

If there was anything noteworthy at all regarding problems due to training deficits, the media would be all over the story.

Mr. Write In Candidate is full of shit and an anti gun moby as well.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 2:13:15 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
[

As for this particular idiot's proposal... does this mean the State of CT will be providing ranges, qualified marksmanship instructors, paid training time, and a quarterly training allowance of ammo?  Just like the Corps did for him?
View Quote

Irrelevant.  Because whether you'd have to pay for your training or the government would have to provide your training, you will be paying for that training.

Link Posted: 4/23/2014 2:18:55 PM EDT
[#47]
Only if I could have an M-14, M-4, M-16 that is unnuetered and unlimited ammo every day at the states expense.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 2:22:10 PM EDT
[#48]
He can get bent, I'm actually going to donate some money to one of his opponents.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 2:22:37 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote

You mean those guys who own HIGH-POWERED SNIPER RIFLES - which will be next on the chopping block, right behind semiautomatics?
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 2:23:01 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

He told everyone that Range Week in bootcamp is hard. He's a fucking arty scout/observer, which means he lugged some fucking bootenant's radio around so that the lt could call in firemissions. Fuck this guy. Didn't even get a combat action ribbon in somalia...which means he did absolutely dick.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Fuck that boot. Ask me how I know he's a POG.

How do you know?

He told everyone that Range Week in bootcamp is hard. He's a fucking arty scout/observer, which means he lugged some fucking bootenant's radio around so that the lt could call in firemissions. Fuck this guy. Didn't even get a combat action ribbon in somalia...which means he did absolutely dick.

Not defending this guy.  But a lot of us didn't get combat action ribbons for Somalia.  Because we were on a humanitarian mission.  (Was there for show more care myself.)  Even though those missions over lapped with the time frame of Blackhawk down in 93.
 The army was tasked with rounding up the warlords while the Marines were tasked with protecting humanitarian shipments and keeping a patrol presence.  Doesn't mean we didn't get shot at from time to time.  Bravo company 3rd tax got into a serious firefight and we had a purple heart winner from that.  Still didn't get a combat action ribbon.
 Anyways screw that guy.
Page / 9
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top