Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 8
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 11:09:04 PM EDT
[#1]
You know, I don't tell armed men "Fuck you!", especially when they are already arresting someone in front of a borderline unruly crowd, primarily because I want to avoid such reactions.

He probably could have handled it a little better, but WTF did dude thing was going to happen?

Stupid prizes and all that jazz.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 11:12:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 11:13:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Yor:

Interesting.  Obviously I haven't ever resisted arrest... but it seems to me that if a cop shoves me across a car without saying anything to me and I land on my back and he strikes me, I would try to protect my face...

Which would be resisting arrest.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Depidy_Dawg:
Again,

When did he tell the drunk guy he was under arrest?  My guess is after the "Distracting" strikes.

Under the 4th Amendment, a seizure is affected when a show of authority or force is displayed.

Interesting.  Obviously I haven't ever resisted arrest... but it seems to me that if a cop shoves me across a car without saying anything to me and I land on my back and he strikes me, I would try to protect my face...

Which would be resisting arrest.

Quite possibly. I am not saying it's right or wrong, but that is how an officer's Use of Force (Whether by mere officer presence, or by any other means intentionally applied) is viewed under the 4th. In this case, the seizure occurred when the officer lay hands on him the second time.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 11:14:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By chadjetlag:

So, the next time one of your fellow officer gets his ass kicked you will only charge the perp with use of "distraction tactics".... Right?
View Quote

LOL
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 11:15:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Eventually people will get tired of cops behaving like this and we'll see a video of a crowd of people going full south american and beating the cops down. Its a shame it didn't happen here. No wonder so many LEO are against people carrying guns. That cop needs to go to jail for assault and the other cops with him need to lose their jobs for doing nothing to stop him.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 11:19:58 PM EDT
[#6]
As a non drinker myself, I would just like to thank the fine police work and number of officers required to arrest someone outside a bar with an open container. Way to protect and serve, well done!!!!!!!

Link Posted: 4/22/2014 11:27:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Citadel-SC] [#7]
Originally Posted By Unicorn_Kommander:
Eventually people will get tired of cops behaving like this and we'll see a video of a crowd of people going full south american and beating the cops down. Its a shame it didn't happen here. No wonder so many LEO are against people carrying guns. That cop needs to go to jail for assault and the other cops with him need to lose their jobs for doing nothing to stop him.
View Quote

According to who?  Highly doubtful considering US LEOs are more restricted than in any other nation in the world, and are respected for the most part.  Sane and reasonable people know this, and can put things in perspective.  Your fantasies will have to wait, and if that day comes  - I doubt the mobs will be on your side.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 11:28:13 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By waterglass:

It wasn't, really but it could still be assault and battery.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By waterglass:
Originally Posted By ARmory04:
What the hell was "brutal" about that"...???

It wasn't, really but it could still be assault and battery.

No
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 11:30:26 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By K9346:

Yes the average citizens views on use of foce incidents are for the most part worthless and unqualified.  Why do you think there are court recognized expert witnesses on these subjects, up to and including deadly force uses?  Are you one of those?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Dan_Cooper:
Originally Posted By ARmory04:
What the hell was "brutal" about that"...???

Nothing at all.  It is perceived as brutal by people who have never been involved in use of force instances, they know not of what they speak.

Ah, so the average citizen's views on the actions of law enforcement are unqualified and therefore to be dismissed.  In other words we must simply rely on the police to police themselves.  

Yes the average citizens views on use of foce incidents are for the most part worthless and unqualified.  Why do you think there are court recognized expert witnesses on these subjects, up to and including deadly force uses?  Are you one of those?

This thread here is proof why.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 11:33:33 PM EDT
[#10]
Bad cop, no doughnut!  

That guy needed to get slapped anyway!
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 11:35:20 PM EDT
[#11]

Originally Posted By John-in-austin:
Cops don't give a shit about the opinion of  drunks ordinary civilians.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By hooligan223:

I didn't see an "angry crowd".  One loud mouthed drunk yelling at the cops and the guy that got slammed was trying to calm him down and that's the thanks he gets.  He only got upset and started shouting after the cop shoved him for asking a question.  Just another group of young people who now have a negative opinion of the police.  

FIFY

Link Posted: 4/22/2014 11:37:08 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By HighAltitude:

That's fine but slamming him up against the car, slamming him to the ground, hitting him in the face was absolutely uncalled for and he should be arrested and tried for it. There is no doubt the officer has anger issues and lost his cool.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By GADeerHunter:
[

I'm assuming "secondary contact" was the temper tantrum that occurred after he said "fuck you".

What grounds does the officer have to initiate a violent arrest after someone tells them "fuck you"?

You said you'd do the same. Why?

This is what I'm talking about.  The officer decided to make an arrest not for the "fuck you" comment, but for interfering with another arrest after being told to leave, and then pushed away.  Obviously drunk dude didn't get the message then, so cop arrests him.  I seriously doubt it was for simply saying fuck you, so don't try to isolate the incident down to simply that.

That's fine but slamming him up against the car, slamming him to the ground, hitting him in the face was absolutely uncalled for and he should be arrested and tried for it. There is no doubt the officer has anger issues and lost his cool.

Why would you think a cop can't punch someone who is resisting arrest?
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 11:38:54 PM EDT
[#13]
I have a couple of questions....

1) When did the subject know he was under the rest?  (The one taken to the street)

On resisting arrest

2) If you do not know or do not hear your under arrest and someone starts to hit you OR has an arm bar across your neck.. are you not able to fend off a blow?

Couldn't the drunk guy say "well he never said I was under arrest and he had blocked my airway and started hitting me.. I just was protecting my face."

View Quote

When a cop shoves you off the person he is takin into custody. It's a huge fucking clue that your going to jail.

Where do y'all get this stupid shit from?
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 11:39:32 PM EDT
[#14]

All of which is completely irrelevant since it is obvious that none of those things prompted the beating.  The beating was prompted when the officer lost his temper after hearing "fuck you".

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By mototard:
BS looked like he was holding the guy getting arrested arm and asking why was he getting arrested. He was pushed away.

Why do people think they have the right to know why someone is getting arrested?

It's none of your business.
Crowd the cops when they are taking someone into custody and get pushed and go to jail.
Pretty simple.

All of which is completely irrelevant since it is obvious that none of those things prompted the beating.  The beating was prompted when the officer lost his temper after hearing "fuck you".

BS.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 11:40:10 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By Colsrob:

FIFY

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Colsrob:

I didn't see an "angry crowd".  One loud mouthed drunk yelling at the cops and the guy that got slammed was trying to calm him down and that's the thanks he gets.  He only got upset and started shouting after the cop shoved him for asking a question.  Just another group of young people who now have a negative opinion of the police.  

FIFY

Ah yes, but the extraordinary civilians?

Now THOSE I give a shit about.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 11:40:23 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By Citadel-SC:

According to who?  Highly doubtful considering US LEOs are more restricted than in any other nation in the world, and are respected for the most part.  Sane and reasonable people know this, and can put things in perspective.  Your fantasies will have to wait, and if that day comes  - I doubt the mobs will be on your side.
View All Quotes

That's laughable. The only thing people respect( more like fear) is the gun on the cops hip. I'm willing to bet if they didn't have guns, that crowd would have turned on them.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 11:41:00 PM EDT
[#17]
Just re-watched the video.  I think the cop may suffer from LMS, Little Man Syndrome.  Someone taller than him was disrespecting him and he decided to "show them" his authority.  Any attempt you guys make at trumping up charges...obstructing, interfering with an arrest etc, are complete bullshit and legal tap-dancing.  The cop has been told that he must never show that he might not be right; no changing your mind in mid-stream.  That would be grounds for a nice civil lawsuit.  "The cop admitted it himself that he was wrong Your Honor when he stopped giving me the pavement test and told me to go on home with my friends when he realized I didn't break the law and it was on video."

This whole situation could have been handled by officer shorty-mcpunchy pants pulling the guy aside and saying, "Your buddy is under arrest for XXX, we are taking him to XXX precinct, you can follow us there and post bail.  There were other cops in the area, so making it out like it was these two against the mob is utter bullshit.  I saw no one who was aggressive, including the arrestee, who was in handcuffs.  After that, holy fuckin' shit, look at this good press we have, and no lawsuit or viral video causing an IA investigation.

I'll say it again, we don't have much of this bullshit on the military side (I am not saying MPs don't use physical force, I am saying they obey the rules of force much more stringently) because everyone in the chain of command can be held responsible.  Hell I have seen the entire chain of command, including a Brigadier General having to go visit the 4th ID Commanding General just because someone smarted off to the wrong person (Funny story, SPC Dipshit was working out in the gym, got tired of the old guy getting in his way and told him so.  Old guy was the 4th ID commander.  Lots of laughs that day.)  

If one of our local MPs got caught doing something like this on tape, with no visible threat?  (in this case we can indeed arrest you for cursing though)  I could hear the roof of building 4 blow off from the other side of post at the negative publicity.  His chain of command would be in the office explaining what they knew within an hour.  There would be an investigating officer assigned that day or the next morning for the investigation.

So, yes, if you are the Provost Marshal (Head MP) for a Post, and one of your privates on patrol does something wrong, you can get your ass in a sling even though you are many levels above him.  Why?  Because you are charged with the responsibility of training, evaluating and leading those below you.  It's rare to see a civilian officer do something dumb, get in trouble, and then see his boss, or bosses get in trouble as well.  In the Army, it happens.

I know, it's hard to admit you are wrong.  It's ingrained in cops from the get go that they are right and must always appear that way.  Even though we are not legal expert witnesses, we the public know bullshit when we see it.  What we see is a guy getting his butt slammed (albeit not hard), punched in the face (lightly), then handcuffed and dragged off.  All because he said, "Fuck you" to the wee bairn of a cop. I think my suggestion above is a lot more effective in this case.  I have met LEOs that have the "all problems are nail, and I am the hammer" mentality.

HaM
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 11:41:13 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By Bama-Shooter:
If you can't handle a "fuck you" you need to find a new line of work.
View Quote

Yeah because that's what caused the contact from the officer.

The guy was clearly interferring with an arrest, he was pushed away and continued to yell profanities.
He was taken down and resisted.

Link Posted: 4/22/2014 11:42:12 PM EDT
[#19]

By all means arrest the asshole if he is interfering with an arrest.  But you don't get to throw punches just because he pissed you off, which is exactly what happened here.

View All Quotes
Why not? The guy was going to jail most likely for interferring with the arrest.  He was pushed away and started yelling.  He was taken down.
Here he could be charged with resisting arrest x2, disorderly and most likely PI too.

By all means arrest the asshole if he is interfering with an arrest.  But you don't get to throw punches just because he pissed you off, which is exactly what happened here.

He was resisting, looks to me he grabbed the officers arm.
Good strike.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 11:44:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Ryan13] [#20]
I watched the video a few times. Looks to me like the cop might have caught a punch as he's pulling the guy off the car at about 25 seconds. I could be wrong though.

ETA the video in the OP. Not the longer one.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 11:45:17 PM EDT
[#21]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By GADeerHunter:
[

I'm assuming "secondary contact" was the temper tantrum that occurred after he said "fuck you".

What grounds does the officer have to initiate a violent arrest after someone tells them "fuck you"?

You said you'd do the same. Why?

This is what I'm talking about.  The officer decided to make an arrest not for the "fuck you" comment, but for interfering with another arrest after being told to leave, and then pushed away.  Obviously drunk dude didn't get the message then, so cop arrests him.  I seriously doubt it was for simply saying fuck you, so don't try to isolate the incident down to simply that.

I didn't hear the cops say you are under arrest. I heard him say thats it and then charge the guy, slam him into the car 15 feet away and then his pathetic attempt at ground & pound before he decided to detain him. It was obvious it was uncalled for  because all the other officers had stunned looks on their faces.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 11:45:21 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By cash50:

Maybe people have the right to know bc they pay for it you dumbass. Police is a public office.
View All Quotes

BS looked like he was holding the guy getting arrested arm and asking why was he getting arrested. He was pushed away.

Why do people think they have the right to know why someone is getting arrested?

Crowd the cops when they are taking someone into custody and get pushed and go to jail.
Pretty simple.

Maybe people have the right to know bc they pay for it you dumbass. Police is a public office.

Really. Nice personal insult.

It's none of your damn business. If you want to know that bad bail the drunk out and ask him.
I wont ell you anything about a others persons arrest.

Link Posted: 4/22/2014 11:46:38 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By RabidMonkeyPox:
I dunno.  I walk up to anyone and tell them to fuck off I expect to get my ass beat
View Quote

And the person who beats you deserves to be shot/killed. How could you expect to know when they planned on ceasing? Isn't that how it works for badge wearers?
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 11:47:07 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By HeartsAndMinds:
Just re-watched the video.  I think the cop may suffer from LMS, Little Man Syndrome.  Someone taller than him was disrespecting him and he decided to "show them" his authority.  Any attempt you guys make at trumping up charges...obstructing, interfering with an arrest etc, are complete bullshit and legal tap-dancing.  The cop has been told that he must never show that he might not be right; no changing your mind in mid-stream.  That would be grounds for a nice civil lawsuit.  "The cop admitted it himself that he was wrong Your Honor when he stopped giving me the pavement test and told me to go on home with my friends when he realized I didn't break the law and it was on video."

This whole situation could have been handled by officer shorty-mcpunchy pants pulling the guy aside and saying, "Your buddy is under arrest for XXX, we are taking him to XXX precinct, you can follow us there and post bail.  There were other cops in the area, so making it out like it was these two against the mob is utter bullshit.  I saw no one who was aggressive, including the arrestee, who was in handcuffs.  After that, holy fuckin' shit, look at this good press we have, and no lawsuit or viral video causing an IA investigation.

I'll say it again, we don't have much of this bullshit on the military side (I am not saying MPs don't use physical force, I am saying they obey the rules of force much more stringently) because everyone in the chain of command can be held responsible.  Hell I have seen the entire chain of command, including a Brigadier General having to go visit the 4th ID Commanding General just because someone smarted off to the wrong person (Funny story, SPC Dipshit was working out in the gym, got tired of the old guy getting in his way and told him so.  Old guy was the 4th ID commander.  Lots of laughs that day.)  

If one of our local MPs got caught doing something like this on tape, with no visible threat?  (in this case we can indeed arrest you for cursing though)  I could hear the roof of building 4 blow off from the other side of post at the negative publicity.  His chain of command would be in the office explaining what they knew within an hour.  There would be an investigating officer assigned that day or the next morning for the investigation.

So, yes, if you are the Provost Marshal (Head MP) for a Post, and one of your privates on patrol does something wrong, you can get your ass in a sling even though you are many levels above him.  Why?  Because you are charged with the responsibility of training, evaluating and leading those below you.  It's rare to see a civilian officer do something dumb, get in trouble, and then see his boss, or bosses get in trouble as well.  In the Army, it happens.

I know, it's hard to admit you are wrong.  It's ingrained in cops from the get go that they are right and must always appear that way.  Even though we are not legal expert witnesses, we the public know bullshit when we see it.  What we see is a guy getting his butt slammed (albeit not hard), punched in the face (lightly), then handcuffed and dragged off.  All because he said, "Fuck you" to the wee bairn of a cop. I think my suggestion above is a lot more effective in this case.  I have met LEOs that have the "all problems are nail, and I am the hammer" mentality.

HaM
View Quote

How many soldiers have you cited for not wearing their reflective belt?
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 11:47:50 PM EDT
[#25]
Looks like JBT Defender Tuesday is in full swing.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 11:48:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Citadel-SC] [#26]

That's laughable. The only thing people respect( more like fear) is the gun on the cops hip. I'm willing to bet if they didn't have guns, that crowd would have turned on them.
View All Quotes

You must hand out with unsavory people, or you just don't get out much.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 11:50:23 PM EDT
[#27]
View Quote

Ahh wet dreams.

Where do you guys get this stupid shit from?
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 11:50:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: enigma2y0u] [#28]
That cop likes the serve part better than the protect part.

Do cops really believe that their job isn't to deal with messes like this?  "THEY WERE DRUNK" Who gives a fuck, his job is to not be dick bag like the rest of the people there.

I would say the cop and the people are lucky in this case.  Attacking a friend for little more reason than a drunk comment could have cause a larger stir is some crowds.

Not to mention if the cop was right, how come the other cop acknowledged how fucked up it was.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 11:52:00 PM EDT
[#29]

The guy was clearly interferring with an arrest, he was pushed away and continued to yell profanities.
View All Quotes

If you bull-rush me backwards 15 feet into a vehicle, then throw me on the ground and proceed to punch me when I'm on my back on the pavement and not expect me to protect myself, but instead claim I am breaking the law while doing so, you can take your law and shove it up your ass.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 11:54:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Unicorn_Kommander] [#30]

View All Quotes

The only people I know that truly respect cops are rent a cop security guards and people that want to be cops one day. Most people acknowledge that the majority of LEO are made up of bullies and people that want some type of authority figure. The good cops are to few and  out numbered to stand up against the bad ones.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 11:57:52 PM EDT
[#31]

Pretty simple.
View Quote

Lol, whatever you say tough cop.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 11:58:34 PM EDT
[#32]

The only people I know that truly respect cops are rent a cop security guards and people that want to be cops one day. Most people acknowledge that the majority of LEO are made up of bullies and people that want some type of authority figure. The good cops are to few and  out numbered to stand up against the bad ones.
View Quote

LOL that is patently absurd and there is not one statistic that will back you up.  Now I know you're either just trolling or you're simply a criminal.  Either way, your opinion no longer matters.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 12:02:13 AM EDT
[#33]
View Quote

Come on now, did you watch the video? That guy was interfering with an arrest, he was told to back off and pushed back, he then came back yelling "FUCK YOU!" and got into a fighting stance.

A bit more than than yelling "fuck you!" from the edges of a crowd.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 12:03:15 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 12:04:26 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Dan_Cooper] [#35]

View Quote

Irrelevant.  He didn't punch him for resisting arrest, he punched him for the "fuck you".

Link Posted: 4/23/2014 12:04:28 AM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By crackshot308:

View All Quotes

Pretty simple.

"You have a rapist wit."

Lloyd
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 12:05:26 AM EDT
[#37]

Irrelevant.  He didn't punch him for resisting arrest, he punch him for the "fuck you".

View All Quotes

Irrelevant.  He didn't punch him for resisting arrest, he punch him for the "fuck you".

Quite possibly.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 12:07:16 AM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By hawktheslayer:
You can easily be taken to jail or arrested for cursing in public.

Nearly every town or city has an ordinance or law for cursing in public or BDIP (being a dick in public).
About 99.9% of the time, the offender is written a ticket or summons for the offense, which they can prepay or show up in court to fight.

However---if you refuse to sign a summons or fail to provide ID or the cop thinks that you likely won't show up for court---you can get a one-way trip to the magistrate's office.
It's like that in most places, unfortunately.
View Quote

Cohen v. California  Read it.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 12:10:22 AM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By Castillo:

Come on now, did you watch the video? That guy was interfering with an arrest, he was told to back off and pushed back, he then came back yelling "FUCK YOU!" and got into a fighting stance.

View All Quotes

The asshole was backing all the way to the curb after the fuck you once the officer started after him.

Look, I get it.  The officer was pissed off from the insult from the idiot.  I would be pissed off too.  But officers don't get to vent their frustrations like that.  He needs to find another line of work.

Link Posted: 4/23/2014 12:13:15 AM EDT
[Last Edit: PabloMcGlock] [#40]
Meh. Drunk guy got the attention he was after. The tall sloppy blonde that stepped into frame half way through would get smashed for sure

Eta: the person holding the camera the wrong way should have caught a beating
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 12:14:40 AM EDT
[#41]

Good strike.
View All Quotes
Why not? The guy was going to jail most likely for interferring with the arrest.  He was pushed away and started yelling.  He was taken down.
Here he could be charged with resisting arrest x2, disorderly and most likely PI too.

Good strike.

Wouldn't you grab somebody's arm if they are rushing at you with the obvious attempt to cause you bodily harm?

Was he supposed to immediately fall to the ground, place his hands behind his back and yell "SORRY" as soon as the officer charged at him?

Stop being so predictable. It's nauseating.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 12:15:09 AM EDT
[#42]

pushed back, no problem, clear the arrest zone, shout out a "fuck you", I don't give a fuck.
View All Quotes

pushed back, no problem, clear the arrest zone, shout out a "fuck you", I don't give a fuck.

It's always nice to see Bama and others like him in these threads.   They usually seem way outnumbered though.

I swear there is a JBT blue light and siren that wails and flashes when these threads are posted.  There is always such a tidal wave of people tripping around trying to get their jackboots pulled on so they can pile into the MRAP of oppression.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 12:15:48 AM EDT
[#43]

Ahh wet dreams.

View All Quotes

Ahh wet dreams.

Uh, the Ukraine?
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 12:15:51 AM EDT
[#44]

Good strike.
View Quote

Tell me when he grabbed the officer's arm.  Time stamp?

Link Posted: 4/23/2014 12:17:46 AM EDT
[#45]

The asshole was backing all the way to the curb after the fuck you once the officer started after him.

Look, I get it.  The officer was pissed off from the insult from the idiot.  I would be pissed off too.  But officers don't get to vent their frustrations like that.  He needs to find another line of work.

View All Quotes

Yes, once he started after him, but not before. He was told and even showed (pushed) to back off. He didn't.

Cops are actively making an arrest in a crowd of drunks and get in their faces, get to told to get back, and you instead come back with a FUCK YOU and get back into their face expect to get arrested and expect it to be swift and aggressive. That's what I would expect to happen to me, of course I knew this when I was a young college kid. MF the cops from the other side of the street if you want, but I knew not to go getting in their faces when they were arresting someone or else I would get silver bracelets too.

You don't have any right to know why your friend is getting arrested. You don't have any right to be 3 inches away from the cops who are trying to arrest your friend.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 12:20:29 AM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By clctr:

Uh, the Ukraine?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By clctr:

Ahh wet dreams.

Uh, the Ukraine?

Not to mention the recent dust up with the BLM out in Nevada.

I certainly do not want to see the people rising up against law enforcement.  We should have no delusions about a situation like that.  It would be bad all around.  But the recent unpleasantness in Nevada shows that some people will take up arms against what they perceive to be an oppressive government.  Everyone should be clear that it can happen.

Link Posted: 4/23/2014 12:23:10 AM EDT
[#47]

"You have a rapist wit."

Lloyd
View All Quotes

Pretty simple.

"You have a rapist wit."

Lloyd

Lol.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 12:24:23 AM EDT
[#48]

It's none of your damn business. If you want to know that bad bail the drunk out and ask him.

View All Quotes

Pretty simple.

Typical cop bs.

You're a tough guy til someone does something to you and you have to go all pc to get help on your side. Wah wah insults insults *sniff* *sniff*.

It is the public's business. We pay for cops judges courts and everything related. If you don't like it be a pi.

And if you and your pussy cop friend from the video want to fuck people up then go enlist - seems like you guys are really tough and scary.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 12:25:30 AM EDT
[#49]
Yes, once he started after him, but not before. He was told and even showed (pushed) to back off. He didn't.

Cops are actively making an arrest in a crowd of drunks and get in their faces, get to told to get back, and you instead come back with a FUCK YOU and get back into their face expect to get arrested and expect it to be swift and aggressive. That's what I would expect to happen to me, of course I knew this when I was a young college kid. MF the cops from the other side of the street if you want, but I knew not to go getting in their faces when they were arresting someone or else I would get silver bracelets too.

You don't have any right to know why your friend is getting arrested. You don't have any right to be 3 inches away from the cops who are trying to arrest your friend.
View Quote

Look at that video again.  The asshole is backing up from the moment the officer shoved him, even as he lets the "fuck you" fly.  So in fact the officer had successfully defused the situation with the initial shove.  So why does he start going after the guy after the "fuck you".  Clearly because he was pissed off.  I understand him being pissed off, but that does not give him a right to have a punch up on a guy's face.

Link Posted: 4/23/2014 12:33:16 AM EDT
[#50]

Look at that video again.  The asshole is backing up from the moment the officer shoved him, even as he lets the "fuck you" fly.  So in fact the officer had successfully defused the situation with the initial shove.  So why does he start going after the guy after the "fuck you".  Clearly because he was pissed off.  I understand him being pissed off, but that does not give him a right to have a punch up on a guy's face.

View All Quotes

Neither one of us can really see what he was doing based on the camera angle. I am going off of experience and the sound of his voice in relation to where the mic was on the iphone. I think he was squaring up and yelling Fuck You!, not backing away. Either way, he got what he asked for. He wanted to fight that cop, the cop granted him his wish. I'm not going to argue with you that the cop probably got a bit hhot under the collar. I don't know what else to say. I knew as a drunk college kid not to engage the police like that or I'd get a beating. It seems like common sense to me. I am sure emotion played a part in all this, but I don't think that kid getting arrested wasn't justified.
Page / 8
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top