Site Notices
Page / 5
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 12:07:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 12:07:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I don't want to jump to any conclusions or descend into conjecture but I'm going to guess his personal life was in a free fall and his self esteem was rapidly plummeting.
View Quote

Until he hit rock bottom.

One less Obama voter?
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 12:17:09 PM EDT
[#3]
If a patron wishes to get of the merry-go-round, who are we to say they shouldn't... RIP. I would however suggest a less dramatic and public exit and would also suggest a quiet corner of their own home or a quiet place in the country away from any innocent bystanders to make their departure less tragic.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 12:23:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 12:23:41 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Yawn..... next.....

In this age of instant media and everyone being a reporter on the scene of the latest shooting, "jumper", flash mob, and on and on.... I have become desensitized to lame stuff like this. No blood... no guts... no gore... move on. Why even waste bandwidth watching...

Actually I began the desensitization process in the mid-80s with stuff like the original "Faces of Death" and such.

Anything short of gladiators fighting to the death barely registers anymore....

Its sad really.... this is what WE have become.

I blame the leftist really... They have sought to lessen the importance of life and have been quite successful at doing so on a grand scale.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

My definition of graphic is very different. Article even thought their photos were graphic?
Yeah but we have some new "men" here that bitch about shit like that if there is no warning

Yawn..... next.....

In this age of instant media and everyone being a reporter on the scene of the latest shooting, "jumper", flash mob, and on and on.... I have become desensitized to lame stuff like this. No blood... no guts... no gore... move on. Why even waste bandwidth watching...

Actually I began the desensitization process in the mid-80s with stuff like the original "Faces of Death" and such.

Anything short of gladiators fighting to the death barely registers anymore....

Its sad really.... this is what WE have become.

I blame the leftist really... They have sought to lessen the importance of life and have been quite successful at doing so on a grand scale.

Man I remember the first russian soldier that had his head cut off and not fast either, the muslim serbs were brutal.

That video was pretty bad even by todays standards

Link Posted: 4/22/2014 12:24:53 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Why is it when people jump they don't do anything cool like 87 complete revolutions or something like that?  It's always just drop like a sack of potatoes.
View Quote
The 911 jumpers did some God rest their souls

Link Posted: 4/22/2014 12:25:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Sad, I knew that guy.

He was very down to earth.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 12:26:20 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Why is it when people jump they don't do anything cool like 87 complete revolutions or something like that?  It's always just drop like a sack of potatoes.

I'm going to hell
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 12:27:43 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Actually I would probably want to as well. That place has to be the rectum of the nation.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Some of the comments are pretty bad:

"I would kill myself too if I lived in Jersey."

Actually I would probably want to as well. That place has to be the rectum of the nation.
Yeah and Mo is fucking perfect huh?

Don't judge jersey by some TV shows or any town near the parkway or turnpike.

Most of jersey is really nice

https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&site=imghp&tbm=isch&source=hp&biw=1280&bih=572&q=nj+scenery&oq=nj+scenery&gs_l=img.12..0.1838.6860.0.8960.10.6.0.4.4.0.164.655.2j4.6.0....0...1ac.1.42.img..0.10.658.ZgVyutDQECQ

Link Posted: 4/22/2014 12:29:09 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

a guy from commy land talking shit about jersey?

BFS

Link Posted: 4/22/2014 12:33:35 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Lived in Long Branch when I was 12-13. What a hole. I was from Virginia, and I got my ass beat soooo many times just for having an accent. I didn't lose every fight I was in, but I was in least 25 fights the 2nd half of 7th grade. I stayed in a state of some sort of administrative suspension, either in school or out of school. By the beginning of 8th I was somewhat accepted, so it wasn't too bad, but only because I had gotten worse and fit in better as a piece of shit. I skipped school a bunch, one time it was snowing and like 20 degrees, I ended up breaking a window in an abandoned house and going inside to get out of the weather. I cooked a can of beans on the gas stove and cut the couch up with a steak knife from the kitchen.

I got a concussion from a brazilian kid kicking me in the head in the hall, watched 6th graders fucking behind the trees during lunch, witnessed blow jobs and handies in several classes. I can't say enough how shitty a place that is. Every nationality was represented, and every one of them was equally worthless. My parents were clueless even though I told them what was going on. Mugged before school for lunch money and even had my coat stolen from off of me at knifepoint. These were the middle schoolers!

Fuck NJ, especially Long Branch.

Technically this jumper got off easy considering his prospects.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Lived in Long Branch when I was 12-13. What a hole. I was from Virginia, and I got my ass beat soooo many times just for having an accent. I didn't lose every fight I was in, but I was in least 25 fights the 2nd half of 7th grade. I stayed in a state of some sort of administrative suspension, either in school or out of school. By the beginning of 8th I was somewhat accepted, so it wasn't too bad, but only because I had gotten worse and fit in better as a piece of shit. I skipped school a bunch, one time it was snowing and like 20 degrees, I ended up breaking a window in an abandoned house and going inside to get out of the weather. I cooked a can of beans on the gas stove and cut the couch up with a steak knife from the kitchen.

I got a concussion from a brazilian kid kicking me in the head in the hall, watched 6th graders fucking behind the trees during lunch, witnessed blow jobs and handies in several classes. I can't say enough how shitty a place that is. Every nationality was represented, and every one of them was equally worthless. My parents were clueless even though I told them what was going on. Mugged before school for lunch money and even had my coat stolen from off of me at knifepoint. These were the middle schoolers!

What years are you speaking of?

I grew up in long branch and have stated many times I learned how to fight when I was 6 or 7.

From 8th grade to the time I was 17 I had about 60 fights , i lost one, that one sent me to the ER with broken ribs and a slight concussion.

LB is a tough town but once you're accepted by the locals I'd be shocked if any fucked with you, as long as you stood up which it sounds like you did.  

Link Posted: 4/22/2014 12:34:29 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Does your house look that bad?  
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I grew up in Hazlet, right down the street. Maybe the last thing he saw from his perch was my house.

Does your house look that bad?  
Hazlet is nice

Link Posted: 4/22/2014 12:37:29 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Or it could be that Jersey sucks..
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

So let's square this story away: hillbilly moves to the tough north ghetto of long branch (LOL), is a natural shithead, gets in 25 fights in 7th grade, breaks into an abandoned house and lives like a fuckin hobo, fight clubs his way to being accepted by his equally shitty peers, and got mugged for your lunch money all within two short years. And somehow it's the entire states fault you were a little fucking miscreant.

I get this picture in my head of you being a grown man now telling those stories at parties, explaining your poor living conditions with the Puerto Ricans and Brazilians of the hood in tough Jersey keeping you down, but you fought your way out, back to the lovely South. And I'm sure your mouth breathing cohorts down there are enamored by your "Great Expectations"-esque success story.

Or it could be that Jersey sucks..
Everywhere sucks to a certain degree

long branch is summer home to 7 past Presidents and it's glory days are way behind it but there are areas of long branch that will cost you 5 million to but a house, then theres the other side where you better be fucking armed

Link Posted: 4/22/2014 12:38:03 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

I lived in Long Branch when I was a GI.

It wasn't the Garden Spot of the Jersey Shore, but it was far from the shit hole it appears to be now.
View Quote
Fort Monmouth?

Link Posted: 4/22/2014 12:39:35 PM EDT
[#15]
Its that sudden stop
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 12:45:32 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Sad, I knew that guy.

View Quote

Obliviously he made an impact on your life.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 12:46:31 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 12:47:55 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I find many of the responses here a pretty sad commentary on how we view life.
View Quote

I'd rather have these nutty fuckers kill themselves than take innocents with them.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 12:51:50 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 12:54:34 PM EDT
[#20]

No, it says that the video is currently unavailable.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 12:54:56 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 12:57:25 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

View Quote

Ignore the basement dwellers.  They've obviously never experienced the kind of hardship that can put a person in a suicidal state of mind, nor have they had somebody close to them take their own life.

Link Posted: 4/22/2014 12:58:54 PM EDT
[#23]
Well...

...he certainly knew how to leave a good impression.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 1:02:59 PM EDT
[#24]
The truest form of YOLO
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 1:04:22 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
How many people do you think say to themselves "I regret this decision" the second they jump?

View Quote

I'd imagine many of them if not all of them.

I recall there was a documentary on Golden Gate bridge jumpers.  They interviewed a few of the lucky ones who survived and many of them mentioned how the "transcendent" experience they were expecting quickly turned to a desire not to die quite fast.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 1:08:36 PM EDT
[#26]
Am I the only one who started humming the superman theme?
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 1:10:55 PM EDT
[#27]
I'm from one town over. What radio station was that?
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 1:20:48 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Sad, I knew that guy.

View Quote

Vibes to his Family, Hope it was a accident.

Link Posted: 4/22/2014 1:20:51 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Ignore the basement dwellers.  They've obviously never experienced the kind of hardship that can put a person in a suicidal state of mind, nor have they had somebody close to them take their own life.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have some nice scars on my arm that would beg to differ. At the time it looked like the only option. Luckily, I scared the shit out of myself when I went over the edge and was able to grab onto something. Took a lot of work to climb back out of that hole, but I'm a better person for it.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 1:31:58 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I grew up in long branch and have stated many times I learned how to fight when I was 6 or 7.
From 8th grade to the time I was 17 I had about 60 fights , i lost one, that one sent me to the ER with broken ribs and a slight concussion.
LB is a tough town but once you're accepted by the locals I'd be shocked if any fucked with you, as long as you stood up which it sounds like you did.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This was 84-85, the age of shell toe Adidas and fat laces, break dancing and early rap. I lived on Oakhill Avenue.  I walked around a fair bit and could probably find my way around to this day. I rode my bike around alot till it got swiped. Funny thing it was swiped while I was fighting some guy in a yard, and the lady in the house was scolding us to not fight in her yard, take it to the sidewalk! Long Branch was my first experience with fresh bagels and real Italian food. Not a total waste of a couple years, and I am sure a few better than average folks have squeezed out, but dude, that place was hard core! Never fought any black folks, always Puerto Ricans and white boys. Had a good friend named Hassan, I guess he was muslim of some variety, and he was the one who showed me all the empty houses that you could get in pretty easy to skip school.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 1:35:48 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 1:43:23 PM EDT
[#32]
I think he spread himself a little thin
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 1:43:57 PM EDT
[#33]
I do not understand why perfect strangers will scream hysterically when they see something like this.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 1:56:07 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
He was at an all time low.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sad, I knew that guy.

Obliviously he made an impact on your life.

He was at an all time low.

It looks like he was having ups and downs.

Link Posted: 4/22/2014 1:58:11 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

I do not understand why perfect strangers will scream hysterically when they see something like this.
View Quote

Some are more empathetic than others.

Link Posted: 4/22/2014 2:00:07 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
People are obviously free to do as they choose, but the comments making light of such a drastic decision are what I'm referring to.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'd rather have these nutty fuckers kill themselves than take innocents with them.

People are obviously free to do as they choose, but the comments making light of such a drastic decision are what I'm referring to.

Gallows humor shouldn't be confused with callousness. People who dedicate their lives to saving lives often engage in it.

Sometimes, cracking a joke is about all you can do so you don't dwell on the tragedy....and the more removed from the person, the easier it is to make light, because you're not injuring them or someone who loves them. It's what happens in the backroom of the morgue, as opposed to in the calling hours.

There is a big difference.

Link Posted: 4/22/2014 2:00:23 PM EDT
[#37]
What the fuck did that stupid bitch accomplish by screaming?
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 2:01:36 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Wow.

Women can scream really loudly.

View Quote

Never could understand that.......Women screaming like that.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 2:03:00 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That really sounds like a rich and vibrant culture, right there.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 2:03:32 PM EDT
[#40]
RIP.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 2:03:47 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

What in life is so bad that it is worth killing yourself?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Permenant solution to a tempoary problem.

You have no idea.... You call it temporary chances are a person who does this has wanted to do this for a very long time.

Lots of things.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 2:04:01 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Fort Monmouth?  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I lived in Long Branch when I was a GI.

It wasn't the Garden Spot of the Jersey Shore, but it was far from the shit hole it appears to be now.
Fort Monmouth?  

Yep!
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 2:08:42 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

View Quote

Me too.  

I clicked on the video.  I heard the screaming.  For some reason it reminded me of the screams you'd hear on a roller coaster at Disneyland.  I involuntarily threw my arms up over my head and joined in the chorus like I was in the lead cart on Magic Mountain, smiling like a retard that just saw a firetruck.  

When I realized what had happened...after the thump...I lol'd some more.

Link Posted: 4/22/2014 2:11:44 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

You ever see something horrible in person that you can't stop from happening?  
The hair on your arms and legs stands up, you get a chill down your spine, an involuntary shudder?

Some women scream "Oh my Gaaaaaaaaaaaaad!", and some men shout "Oh, shit!  Oh, fuck! Fuck. Fuck. Fuck no!"

Same difference.
View Quote

Yes.  On a pretty regular basis.
No. Not at all.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 2:12:24 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
If only he had landed on screamer.
View Quote

This.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 2:17:07 PM EDT
[#46]
Clearly bipolar manic depression.

Up one minute, down the next.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 2:19:11 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I spent Sunday morning dealing with a piece of shit that wanted to take two people with him before he went.  I'm not going to get upset over someone that doesn't want to do anything but end his own life.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 2:20:10 PM EDT
[#48]
The poor tower company.  Someone is going to have a lot of paperwork.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 2:21:16 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Permenant solution to a tempoary problem.

You have no idea.... You call it temporary chances are a person who does this has wanted to do this for a very long time.

I would think child molesters have killed themselves rather than face their crime's in the face.  Who knows what some of these people have done wrong. I know one thing he did a good job of it.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 2:28:12 PM EDT
[#50]
Why is there ALWAYS some chicks around, to scream their damn heads off?

Look, if you don't want to see the asshole jump, don't watch him.

Pretty simple.
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top