Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 5
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 9:55:30 AM EDT
[#1]
LoL the camera followed him all the way down, too.  Way to keep calm.  This Nat'y Lite is for you.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 9:57:46 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I wonder what the last thing to go through his mind was.
View Quote

His ass.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 9:59:03 AM EDT
[#3]
Poor form but he did nail the landing.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 10:01:19 AM EDT
[#4]
Too much screaming...not enough thud.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 10:01:43 AM EDT
[#5]
Gravity gets us all in the end.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 10:03:14 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Some of the comments are pretty bad:

"I would kill myself too if I lived in Jersey."
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/22/2014 10:08:17 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I don't want to jump to any conclusions or descend into conjecture but I'm going to guess his personal life was in a free fall and his self esteem was rapidly plummeting.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/22/2014 10:08:42 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

finally a proper use of the vertical screen format.
View Quote

ok I lol'd  
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 10:09:01 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I never understood screaming at something like that.  I can see acting surprised or sad or disgusted but scream, for what?  What is the purpose?  I suspect its becuse they want attention.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Wow.

Women can scream really loudly.

I never understood screaming at something like that.  I can see acting surprised or sad or disgusted but scream, for what?  What is the purpose?  I suspect its becuse they want attention.

Yes. There are a lot of drama llamas out there.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 10:10:26 AM EDT
[#10]
This guy proved you do not have to wear a parachute to sky dive.

You only need one if you want to do it again.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 10:11:06 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Did he survive?
View Quote

Nope. He's dead Jim.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 10:13:14 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Actually I would probably want to as well. That place has to be the rectum of the nation.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Actually I would probably want to as well. That place has to be the rectum of the nation.

Lived in Long Branch when I was 12-13. What a hole. I was from Virginia, and I got my ass beat soooo many times just for having an accent. I didn't lose every fight I was in, but I was in least 25 fights the 2nd half of 7th grade. I stayed in a state of some sort of administrative suspension, either in school or out of school. By the beginning of 8th I was somewhat accepted, so it wasn't too bad, but only because I had gotten worse and fit in better as a piece of shit. I skipped school a bunch, one time it was snowing and like 20 degrees, I ended up breaking a window in an abandoned house and going inside to get out of the weather. I cooked a can of beans on the gas stove and cut the couch up with a steak knife from the kitchen.
I got a concussion from a brazilian kid kicking me in the head in the hall, watched 6th graders fucking behind the trees during lunch, witnessed blow jobs and handies in several classes. I can't say enough how shitty a place that is. Every nationality was represented, and every one of them was equally worthless. My parents were clueless even though I told them what was going on. Mugged before school for lunch money and even had my coat stolen from off of me at knifepoint. These were the middle schoolers!
Fuck NJ, especially Long Branch.
Technically this jumper got off easy considering his prospects.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 10:14:07 AM EDT
[#13]

Great. Now I want to find a tower to jump from
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 10:15:45 AM EDT
[#14]
After such a long Fall maybe he was hoping for Spring?
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 10:18:22 AM EDT
[#15]
This is one of those rare events its ok to film in vertical video.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 10:21:29 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

Best reply yet.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 10:22:08 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Probably due to an immediate epinephrine release.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
How many people do you think say to themselves "I regret this decision" the second they jump?

I remember reading a book of bridge jump survivors that said that's the immediate thought that hits them....fwiw.

Probably due to an immediate epinephrine release.

Epi will wake you up quick, fast, and in a hurry.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 10:22:47 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Best reply yet.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Best reply yet.

Thats what I get for coming in on page 3.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 10:31:17 AM EDT
[#19]
I grew up in Hazlet, right down the street. Maybe the last thing he saw from his perch was my house.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 10:35:21 AM EDT
[#20]

Link Posted: 4/22/2014 10:35:38 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I grew up in Hazlet, right down the street. Maybe the last thing he saw from his perch was my house.
View Quote

Does your house look that bad?  
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 10:40:50 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Lived in Long Branch when I was 12-13. What a hole. I was from Virginia, and I got my ass beat soooo many times just for having an accent. I didn't lose every fight I was in, but I was in least 25 fights the 2nd half of 7th grade. I stayed in a state of some sort of administrative suspension, either in school or out of school. By the beginning of 8th I was somewhat accepted, so it wasn't too bad, but only because I had gotten worse and fit in better as a piece of shit. I skipped school a bunch, one time it was snowing and like 20 degrees, I ended up breaking a window in an abandoned house and going inside to get out of the weather. I cooked a can of beans on the gas stove and cut the couch up with a steak knife from the kitchen.
I got a concussion from a brazilian kid kicking me in the head in the hall, watched 6th graders fucking behind the trees during lunch, witnessed blow jobs and handies in several classes. I can't say enough how shitty a place that is. Every nationality was represented, and every one of them was equally worthless. My parents were clueless even though I told them what was going on. Mugged before school for lunch money and even had my coat stolen from off of me at knifepoint. These were the middle schoolers!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So let's square this story away: hillbilly moves to the tough north ghetto of long branch (LOL), is a natural shithead, gets in 25 fights in 7th grade, breaks into an abandoned house and lives like a fuckin hobo, fight clubs his way to being accepted by his equally shitty peers, and got mugged for your lunch money all within two short years. And somehow it's the entire states fault you were a little fucking miscreant.

I get this picture in my head of you being a grown man now telling those stories at parties, explaining your poor living conditions with the Puerto Ricans and Brazilians of the hood in tough Jersey keeping you down, but you fought your way out, back to the lovely South. And I'm sure your mouth breathing cohorts down there are enamored by your "Great Expectations"-esque success story.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 10:48:02 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Wow.

View Quote

Yeah but she never lost the jumper out of her camera.  Priorities and such.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 10:50:32 AM EDT
[#24]
meh, 4.0  didn't even do flips or anything
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 10:51:40 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Yeah but we have some new "men" here that bitch about shit like that if there is no warning

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
My definition of graphic is very different. Article even thought their photos were graphic?
Yeah but we have some new "men" here that bitch about shit like that if there is no warning

Fuck 'em if they have no balls

pity whatever was in his life made him feel like this was his only option
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 10:51:43 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
I saw the interview of him on the documentary, "The Bridge", about the Golden Gate jumpers. He broke a bunch of vertebrae and was flopping around in the water, when he felt something bump him from below. He thought, "I survived the jump only to get eaten by a fuckin' shark... Great. " the guy had been suffering from schizophrenia and drug addiction, if I remember correctly.
View Quote
Yup that was it.

Link Posted: 4/22/2014 10:55:09 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
At lease he did it the right way. Many do it wrong then live to realize they really have a problem to be depressed about like liver failure after Tylenol OD or hanging done incorrectly and anoxic brain injury.
View Quote

or the rapper that cut off his penis and then jumped from a second story window. Survived but could not be reattached.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 10:56:52 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

His ass.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I wonder what the last thing to go through his mind was.

His ass.

Is it bad that I laughed at this?
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 10:57:38 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

So let's square this story away: hillbilly moves to the tough north ghetto of long branch (LOL), is a natural shithead, gets in 25 fights in 7th grade, breaks into an abandoned house and lives like a fuckin hobo, fight clubs his way to being accepted by his equally shitty peers, and got mugged for your lunch money all within two short years. And somehow it's the entire states fault you were a little fucking miscreant.

I get this picture in my head of you being a grown man now telling those stories at parties, explaining your poor living conditions with the Puerto Ricans and Brazilians of the hood in tough Jersey keeping you down, but you fought your way out, back to the lovely South. And I'm sure your mouth breathing cohorts down there are enamored by your "Great Expectations"-esque success story.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Or it could be that Jersey sucks..
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 10:58:29 AM EDT
[#30]
Caution:  turn down you're speakers or this video could cause permanent  hearing loss
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 11:02:49 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
See you next fall.  
View Quote

Drop in anytime!
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 11:04:09 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Sad.
View Quote

Yes, I agree.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 11:04:29 AM EDT
[#33]
I lived in Long Branch when I was a GI.

It wasn't the Garden Spot of the Jersey Shore, but it was far from the shit hole it appears to be now.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 11:12:46 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/22/2014 11:15:18 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Sad.
View Quote

You knew him?
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 11:19:52 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Wow.

When I was in high school, the girls would scream like that at thunderstorms.

Link Posted: 4/22/2014 11:22:12 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

You ever see something horrible in person that you can't stop from happening?  
The hair on your arms and legs stands up, you get a chill down your spine, an involuntary shudder?

Some women scream "Oh my Gaaaaaaaaaaaaad!", and some men shout "Oh, shit!  Oh, fuck! Fuck. Fuck. Fuck no!"

Same difference.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Wow.

Oh gee, I don't know.

It's not every day you watch somebody jump to their death.

So you would scream?

You ever see something horrible in person that you can't stop from happening?  
The hair on your arms and legs stands up, you get a chill down your spine, an involuntary shudder?

Some women scream "Oh my Gaaaaaaaaaaaaad!", and some men shout "Oh, shit!  Oh, fuck! Fuck. Fuck. Fuck no!"

Same difference.

And some just don't scream out loud.  My question is why?  SOunds like you are a screamer, why do you scream? Eh, whatever.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 11:24:21 AM EDT
[#38]
It better if you pause the vid hallway down and say something cute in a Waylon Jennings voice.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 11:24:27 AM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 11:25:30 AM EDT
[#40]
LOL at the "OMGGG!"
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 11:40:43 AM EDT
[#41]
Was he a banker?
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 11:42:45 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
It better if you pause the vid hallway down and say something cute in a Waylon Jennings voice.
View Quote

Ole' Rosco is NOT going to be happy with the report he is going to have to write on this duke adventure.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 11:44:15 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Why is it when people jump they don't do anything cool like 87 complete revolutions or something like that?  It's always just drop like a sack of potatoes.
View Quote

I feel like this sounded funnier in your head.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 11:46:50 AM EDT
[#44]
Y'all know its not the fall that kills, right?  Its that sudden stop at the end of it.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 11:48:17 AM EDT
[#45]
That's sad.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 11:50:48 AM EDT
[#46]
I can respect the fact that he followed through. It is his decision to make.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 11:57:04 AM EDT
[#47]
He was a big R. Kelly fan
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 11:58:25 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 4/22/2014 11:59:37 AM EDT
[#49]
thats one way to do it
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 12:01:42 PM EDT
[#50]
Okay maybe Van Halen
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top