Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/20/2014 12:59:37 PM EDT
How to do this?

All I know is that I can't use USPS and that the box needs to have an ORM-D label (or handwritten).

I know that if I take it to the UPS hub they are going to want to see the contents and they're a-holes. Ditto the UPS Store.

Options?
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 1:03:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 1:04:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
How to do this?

All I know is that I can't use USPS and that the box needs to have an ORM-D label (or handwritten).

I know that if I take it to the UPS hub they are going to want to see the contents and they're a-holes. Ditto the UPS Store.

Options?
View Quote

Uhhh, I've *never* had a UPS hub ask to see the contents of an ammo shipment.  Not once.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 1:04:48 PM EDT
[#3]
I have never had to open a box at UPS. I dont use any of the secondary stores, I go straight to the main hub. The only time they open it up is if people do shitty packaging, like use duct tape and make it all funky looking or use a box thats been beat to shit.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 1:12:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 1:45:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Has to be shipped at a UPS hub, their satellite stores cannot accept it. They now use the triangle with blacked out upper and lower 3rds instead of ORM-D. My place makes me put "cartridges, small arms" in the clear area. They do ask caliber now also, so I'd never say .22LR if that is what it is.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 1:49:10 PM EDT
[#6]
The guy at my ups hub requires me to use a ormd label, it cant be handwritten.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 2:04:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Never had an issue shipping ammo through UPS. Just slap an ORM-D label on it and you are good to go.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 2:14:29 PM EDT
[#8]
As long as you comply with the ORM-D shipping regulations they're not going to object. Call and ask or use their respective website for specifics.

And, they'll usually have a supply of the labels.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top