Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 4/20/2014 10:16:34 AM EDT
I found the coolest youtube channel ever, if you're into jap racers and cars.
These guys have tons of vids of awesome cars racing.. subscribe to their channel

Link Posted: 4/20/2014 10:24:57 AM EDT
[#1]
I saw a test the other day where a Z28 beat the GTR.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 10:26:47 AM EDT
[#2]
bah.... wanted the LFA to win
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 10:32:40 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

In what type of race category?

Not surprising, since the current generation of GTR is almost a decade old. It's amazing that they've stayed on top for this long.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 10:33:57 AM EDT
[#4]
driver's race at some point...but it is pretty amazing what a GT-R can do against lighter cars costing several times as much
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 10:34:03 AM EDT
[#5]
gtr was insanely fast off the line, smoked the ferarri
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 10:35:38 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I found the coolest youtube channel ever, if you're into jap racers and cars.
These guys have tons of vids of awesome cars racing.. subscribe to their channel

http://youtu.be/LrmA0JVqJMg
View Quote

iOS
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 11:35:02 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Not surprising, since the current generation of GTR is almost a decade old. It's amazing that they've stayed on top for this long.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

was a run what ya brung test.

technically, each year GTR is different.  more power, slightly different suspension, etc.

Link Posted: 4/20/2014 11:41:32 AM EDT
[#8]
and when did 5 years become a decade.  They current generation of them started in 09 if i'm not mistaken
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 11:55:04 AM EDT
[#9]
Nearest gas station wins.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 11:59:17 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
and when did 5 years become a decade.  They current generation of them started in 09 if i'm not mistaken
View Quote

It was released in Japan in 2006 for the 2007 model year.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 12:06:08 PM EDT
[#11]
that 430 sucked ass
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 12:13:25 PM EDT
[#12]
The GTR is a beast but it still looks like a hopped up Maxima. The LFA has a sweet-sounding engine and I'm surprised the GT3 squeezed it out, I take that back no I'm not. The Porsche is much lighter and has better handling characteristics, surprisingly the driver was having problems shifting.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 12:15:55 PM EDT
[#13]
Without clicking on the video...I am going to guess either the Porsche or the ZR-1.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 12:19:31 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Without clicking on the video...I am going to guess either the Porsche or the ZR-1.
View Quote

lol

the ZR-1 is a bad car but not in that kind of company.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 12:20:35 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
gtr was insanely fast off the line, smoked the ferarri
View Quote

GTR can almost beat a Veyron to 60.  The 15 Nismo GTR will probably be the quickest 0-60 production car ever.  Should be interesting to say the least.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 12:21:06 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

lol

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

lol

That ZR-1 driver sucked ass. Put a good American driver (Randy Pobst) in that thing, and it would have been up there with the other three.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 12:21:51 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

That ZR-1 driver sucked ass. Put a good American driver in that thing, and it would have been up there with the other three.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

lol

That ZR-1 driver sucked ass. Put a good American driver in that thing, and it would have been up there with the other three.

Yeah, right.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 12:29:23 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
That ZR-1 driver sucked ass. Put a good American driver (Randy Pobst) in that thing, and it would have been up there with the other three.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

lol

Oh wait, you're serious.  

Link Posted: 4/20/2014 12:38:38 PM EDT
[#19]
Lets have a race with a bunch of guys who can't drive and are afraid to hurt the cars.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 12:38:41 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Yeah, right.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

lol

Yeah, right.

ZR-1 holds the 10th fastest time when it comes to production cars on the Nurburgring..right up there with the rest of them. Its got low weight, big tires and tons of horses. It won't beat the GT-Rs crazy AWD traction but its no slouch
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 12:45:59 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

ZR-1 holds the 10th fastest time when it comes to production cars on the Nurburgring..right up there with the rest of them. Its got low weight, big tires and tons of horses. It won't beat the GT-Rs crazy AWD traction but its no slouch
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

lol

Yeah, right.

Uh-huh.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 12:48:28 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Oh wait, you're serious.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Oh wait, you're serious.  

Quoted:

Uh-huh.

Here's the same group racing the same cars, the ZR-1 easily beats them all in a speed/power contest.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qge0xfePbbM

Of course, a driver having the skill / talent to drive that car to it's full potential is going to make a huge difference.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 12:51:27 PM EDT
[#23]
ZR-1 should have led the pack - of all of them it is the most track dominating car. GT2 should have been up there as well.

The GT-R isn't all it is cracked up to be, bench racers.

Driver of the ZR-1 is bad.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 12:54:08 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Here's the same group racing the same cars, the ZR-1 easily beats them all in a speed/power contest.

Of course, a driver having the skill / talent to drive that car to it's full potential is going to make a huge difference.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh wait, you're serious.  

Quoted:

Uh-huh.

Driving in a straight line isn't hard.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 12:58:17 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote

But driving a car like the ZR-1 around a track to it's full potential is very hard.

Like I said above, put Randy Probst in that same car and it would have at very least been competitive with other three.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 12:59:27 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
that 430 sucked ass
View Quote

No surprise there. It's a ten year old design that is seriously down on power compared to the others.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 1:02:13 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh wait, you're serious.  

Quoted:

Uh-huh.

American cars excel at driving fast as fuck in a straight line.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 1:10:17 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

lol

Yeah, right.

It does, however 10 seconds is a long time and in this video the ZR-1 was only 3 seconds behind the GTR. Like i said. That vettte is a bad ass car but that's some serious competition. No shame being 3 seconds behind a GTR.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 1:19:35 PM EDT
[#29]
Those are all professional/veteran drivers.

The ZR-1 is definitely no slouch, but what you guys are ignoring is some cars are faster than others on different courses.  Nurburgring is a very fast course, there's no doubt the ZR-1 does exceptionally well there(gobs of torque on tight courses is very difficult to control).  Also, it was only 3 laps; maybe if they would've gone 5 or more, the heavier cars would suffer from brake fade and tire wear allowing the lighter cars to catch up.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 1:24:12 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote

Fuck... not watching it now.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 1:33:10 PM EDT
[#31]
without watching the video, GT-R.

I fuckin called it! " ah-american powah suck it "
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 1:38:15 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

lol

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

lol

Disagree. For a car that destroyed every other one in every test I read I find it interesting that it almost came in last.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 1:42:22 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Disagree. For a car that destroyed every other one in every test I read I find it interesting that it almost came in last.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

lol

If every race were a straight line..
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 1:49:01 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote

I will refrain from posting a link and spare you from watching the video of the new Camaro topping the GT-R's lap times.  I am guessing that would be really painful to watch for a Nissan fanboy.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 1:51:07 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

I will refrain from posting a link and spare you from watching the video of the new Camaro topping the GT-R's lap times.  I am guessing that would be really painful to watch for a Nissan fanboy.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm off to watch it..
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 2:05:02 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

1:36:45 GTR
1:36:17 for the camaro.

Has it been repeated? Has the camaro been able to do that more than once?
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 2:12:54 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

If it happened once it can happen again.

Also, I'm glad that Nissan was finally able to make a GT-R that would run faster than the old Viper. Only half a decade model year wise. Nice work Mr. Chan.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 2:15:25 PM EDT
[#38]
A few of those guys had suspect lines and REALLY suspect shifts.  I mean grinding the Porsche under little duress?  Come on, man.

I suspect the ZR1 driver was some 300hp AWD pilot who thought he was hot shit, until he went to put the power down coming out of turn one and it nearly went sideways while just moderating the throttle.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 2:21:46 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote

We have an LFA at our dealership. It has roughly 70 miles on it. To and from the car show.

Fucking lame

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 2:34:43 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

lol

Yep, the ZR1 has proven itself on the track. To say it's "not in that kind of company" is ridiculous.That driver was TERRIBLE.

Link Posted: 4/20/2014 3:23:25 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
A few of those guys had suspect lines and REALLY suspect shifts.  I mean grinding the Porsche under little duress?  Come on, man.

I suspect the ZR1 driver was some 300hp AWD pilot who thought he was hot shit, until he went to put the power down coming out of turn one and it nearly went sideways while just moderating the throttle.
View Quote

ZR1 driver: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Naoki_Hattori

He's also been with the series for quite a while.  The guy driving the GTR(aka, the "Drift King"), is known for driving RWD cars.  It would be safe to assume none of these guys are driving the cars perfectly...if anything they have about a day's seat time unless they happen to own the same car.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 3:27:12 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

lol

Yes. Because corvettes are all known for drag racing, not back to back to back production class road racing wins. ALMS much?
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 3:40:37 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

He's also been with the series for quite a while.  The guy driving the GTR(aka, the "Drift King"), is known for driving RWD cars.  It would be safe to assume none of these guys are driving the cars perfectly...if anything they have about a day's seat time unless they happen to own the same car.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Even more shocked that those are apparently "pro" drivers then....
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 4:11:24 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:
American cars excel at driving fast as fuck in a straight line.

Quoted:

Quoted:

This doesn't exactly look like a straight line to me.....

Current production car lap records at Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca:

1)  1:33.62 - 2013 SRT Viper TA
2)  1:33.70 - 2013 Chevrolet Corvette ZR1
3)  1:33.92 - 2010 Dodge Viper SRT-10 ACR
4)  1:34.23 - 2013 SRT Viper GTS
5)  1:34.43 - 2012 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 w/ Z07 track package
6)  1:34.50 - 2012 McLaren MP4-12c
7)  1:34.63 - 2013 SRT Viper
8)  1:35.03 - 2013 Mercedes SLS AMG Black Series
9)  1:35.08 -  Devon GTX
10) 1:35.40 - 2012 Lamborghini Aventador LP700-4
11) 1:35.56 - 2010 Porsche 911 GT2 RS
12) 1:35.80 - 2009 Chevrolet Corvette ZR1
13) 1:36.22 - 2010 Ferrari 458 Italia
14) 1:36.30 - 2013 Nissan GT-R black edition
15) 1:36.35 - 2012 Nissan GT-R
16) 1:36.39 - 2012 Lexus LFA
17) 1:36.39 - 2012 Audi R8 GT
18) 1:36.39 - 2012 Nissan GT-R
19) 1:36.63 - 2010 Porsche 911 GT3 RS
20) 1:36.77 - 2009 Porsche 911 Turbo

I'd say the ZR-1 can fend for itself versus a GT-R just fine.....with the right driver at the helm of course.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 4:28:14 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

We have an LFA at our dealership. It has roughly 70 miles on it. To and from the car show.

Fucking lame

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fucking lame

Nice car but the price is obscene
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 4:32:13 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fucking lame

No shit. I love the LFA....I'd buy one at $100k. (It should have been the Supra successor.)

$300k+? Get the fuck outta here.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 4:37:41 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Also, I'm glad that Nissan was finally able to make a GT-R that would run faster than the old Viper. Only half a decade model year wise. Nice work Mr. Chan.
no ordinary camaro. Thats the z28 which instead of meaning regular everyday crap like it used to, now means its a full purpose built track car with racing tires and full carbon ceramic brakes and all the other full time track only features.

Link Posted: 4/20/2014 4:40:29 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote

Case in point look the the first corner the ZR1 driver takes. Does he know what apex means? Sheesh.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 4:47:59 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
no ordinary camaro. Thats the z28 which instead of meaning regular everyday crap like it used to, now means its a full purpose built track car with racing tires and full carbon ceramic brakes and all the other full time track only features.

View Quote

It's still a Camaro...and a full production car none the less.

If some day in the future, Ford throws together a Mustang GT, with a factory offered track pack installed that tops the Corvette's lap times....well that shit counts for bragging rights. You better believe that the Ford guys would mention that shit in every Corvette thread there ever was in GD - if that was to ever happen in some fantasy version of reality.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 4:53:32 PM EDT
[#50]
Holy Shit, $100,000 for a fucking Nissan!  
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top