Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 6:03:14 AM EDT
[#1]
If you don't know what to do about it, maybe your getting paid to much for what you do.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 6:15:48 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I've got an employee who has worked for me for a number of years  She's been an excellent technician for most of those years. She continued to do good work even while going through the breakup of her marriage.

But her work the last few months has been lackluster and she's had trouble getting along with coworkers and flipping out occasionally.

In the last week I've heard her say at least 3 times that she doesn't get paid enough to deal with this.

Should I:

A: Discuss this with her and encourage her to look and see if she can find a better position elsewhere at better pay

B: Consider giving her a raise which based upon her years of work she may deserve but not at her current status

C: Potato

View Quote

I'm going to play devils advocate....
while she was doing an excellent job was she being rewarded for it?

Maybe after years and years of going above and beyond she realized it wasn't worth it because her employer didn't recognize it.  Good way to lose good employees.

The other option is to outright fire her no questions asked.   Problem with this approach is if you make it common place you'll end up making a bad name for yourself and top tier talent won't want to work for you.  Do your job as a manager and figure out what the hell is going on because most likely she's not the only one that feels this way, maybe she's just been there longer for it to boil over.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 6:23:03 AM EDT
[#3]
The two things that I noticed in the OP.  

1.)  She hasn't always acted like this.   Something has changed.  Have a conversation, show some interest and get to the bottom of it.  The root of the problem may not even be work related.  

2.)  She may deserve a raise.  If an employee deserves a raise, then give them the fucking raise.  That's how you keep good employees.  Unless of course your goal is to have a company full of shitty employees.

Link Posted: 4/19/2014 6:30:01 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Fired.  

When an employee says that to me, i can them.  I dont have time for drama or bullshit.  Tell her to stfu and do her job or hit the road.
View Quote

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 6:37:02 AM EDT
[#5]
C.   Snap your "bean" on her "tater".
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 6:45:46 AM EDT
[#7]
long term employee that does an excellent job even when dealing with extreme personal issues,suddenly is bothered by something seemingly work related? might try asking her whats up  

Link Posted: 4/19/2014 6:47:50 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 6:50:48 AM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Fired.  

When an employee says that to me, i can them.  I dont have time for drama or bullshit.  Tell her to stfu and do her job or hit the road.
View Quote

You must be fun to work for.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top