Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/19/2014 4:23:40 AM EDT
Bought at local lawn company.  

Comes with 2 year warranty, if you buy the synthetic 2-cycle oil, warranty goes to 4 years.

Going to be running this 2-cycle synthetic oil in all my 2cycle engines (trimmers, leave blower)

About $350 for trimmers and oil.

Link Posted: 4/19/2014 4:25:09 AM EDT
[#1]
Good buy, cords are for sukas.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 4:25:26 AM EDT
[#2]
Nice trimmer
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 4:27:49 AM EDT
[#3]
thought this was, OP threw out his Stihl and bought an Echo thread
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 4:29:43 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

lol....
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 4:30:16 AM EDT
[#5]
A package of that oil doubled my warranty to 2years on the ms291 I bought a few weeks ago.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 4:30:43 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

My leave blower is an echo backpack.  This thing can blow trees down.  Haven't had any issues with it.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 4:39:24 AM EDT
[#7]
I have a Stihl chainsaw. Best power tool I own hands down.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 4:46:31 AM EDT
[#8]
I have one of those
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 4:50:15 AM EDT
[#9]
Oh my God , another Glock vs XD VS MP

In any case ECHO all the way , comes with a 5 year warranty without buying any special oil. All ECHO equipment is PRO/ commercial grade engines that is why they can offer a 5 year warranty. Also they only have top quality synthetic mix oil , not a lower grade and a better grade.

Also , full disclosure , I spent years at a dealership turning wrenches and even done my own lawn care business for I awhile.

For anybody that cares to learn , when buying a STIHL  they offer 3 grades of equipment ( homeowner , farm , and commercial ) these are identified easily by color coded price tags in dealerships.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 4:53:11 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

In any case ECHO all the way , comes with a 5 year warranty without buying any special oil. All ECHO equipment is PRO/ commercial grade engines that is why they can offer a 5 year warranty. Also they only have top quality synthetic mix oil , not a lower grade and a better grade.

Also , full disclosure , I spent years at a dealership turning wrenches and even done my own lawn care business for I awhile.

For anybody that cares to learn , when buying a STIHL  they offer 3 grades of equipment ( homeowner , farm , and commercial ) these are identified easily by color coded price tags in dealerships.
View Quote

i was just going to say this
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 5:00:14 AM EDT
[#11]
My wind generator.

Link Posted: 4/19/2014 5:04:19 AM EDT
[#12]

I might pick up a bigger Echo blower this spring.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 5:21:40 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

I try to groom almost 6 acres of our property and could never keep a string trimmer working. Then a few years ago I spent a small fortune on a Stihl FS90, almost $400 with accessories.

Love the thing--it's made my life a little easier. BTW I too bought the oil and extended warranty. Turns out (naturally!) that I haven't needed to invoke it.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 5:22:09 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote

How about if we just like them both? Can we do that? Oh wait, this is the internet. Nevermind.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 5:46:02 AM EDT
[#15]
I bought my Stihl trimmer about 20 years ago. Still runs great. Changed the primer bulb a few times and maybe the carb. Cant complain one bit about my purchase.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 6:11:27 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

How about if we just like them both? Can we do that? Oh wait, this is the internet. Nevermind.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Actually I re read my post it may have been a bit slanted
I do like some of the stihl products l the commercial grade or farm grade stuff is good , but the lower priced stuff is difficult to work on

My other issue is some of the newer stihl products are actually a 4 stroke overhead valve engine that your un mix oil through it - this adds a ton of extra moving parts and requires adjustment to valves about every 125 hours.

Link Posted: 4/19/2014 6:13:24 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

are you mowing Kim Jong Il's lawn?

Link Posted: 4/19/2014 6:16:06 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't like bending over picking up sticks.  Rather blow them like an angry God across the yard.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 6:29:50 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

I try to groom almost 6 acres of our property and could never keep a string trimmer working. Then a few years ago I spent a small fortune on a Stihl FS90, almost $400 with accessories.

Love the thing--it's made my life a little easier. BTW I too bought the oil and extended warranty. Turns out (naturally!) that I haven't needed to invoke it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have the FS90 line trimmer as well.  Never had good experiences with line trimmers until I purchased this one. Screw the mixing, just get pre-mixed Trufuel.  Otherwise, you have to hunt around for gas that contains no ethanol.

You cannot go wrong with a Stihl purchase, imo.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 6:31:24 AM EDT
[#20]
Oil is the best. I pulled pistons on all my shit this winter to replace rings and they still look brand new.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 7:05:28 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I don't like bending over picking up sticks.  Rather blow them like an angry God across the yard.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yup, and dog doo-doo, blast that shit out of lawn.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 7:32:58 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I have the FS90 line trimmer as well.  Never had good experiences with line trimmers until I purchased this one. Screw the mixing, just get pre-mixed Trufuel.  Otherwise, you have to hunt around for gas that contains no ethanol.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

For over $20 a gallon? I think not.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 7:51:12 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ethanol free gas is over $20.00 a gallon; am I reading that right?

Damn!!! I can buy it here for and extra 30-40 cents a gallon.

Just before hitting the submit button, is that for the premixed quart cans, that makes it over $20.00 a gallon?

Link Posted: 4/19/2014 8:04:37 AM EDT
[#24]
I used to mix my own too, but since I went to premix, I have zero issues. My Dad kept having problems with his older Stihl saw before he switched to premix. The closest place we have to buy ethanol free pump gas is about an hour away.

Even my dealer, who sells Stihl, Echo, Red Max, husquvarna equipment told me if I was going to use ethanol pump gas, to use it all up in 30 days, otherwise I'd have problems. How in the hell I'm I gonna use a whole gallon in one month just doing my yard?

It's a shitty thing that its come down to this just for a man to trim his own yard.

I have both Stihl and Echo equipment. The price of the Stihl equipment wasn't too hard to swallow, but the Stihl repair costs were. $200 to rebuild a $260 saw? What's the purpose of rebuilding it at that price?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top