BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 6
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 7:34:02 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
He created the Bush doctrine:  You attack us, we'll attack some random unrelated country.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/18/2014 7:34:51 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

That's not bad for fighting a global fucking war that was forced on him...

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Grew government more than any President before him.

Created the infrastructure of a police state, knowing his successors would not all be angels.

Yeah, a great President right there.

No one living has known a good President.

No, actually he shrunk gov before Reid and Pelosi took over Congress in 2006.

Budget, not employees. Under his watch the Federal budget grew by over 1.1 trillion dollars.

He also grew the budget by 700 billion before 2006. Can't blame that on a Democratic Congress.

Iraq was not forced on us, it was a war of choice over dubious reasons that turned out to be false.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 7:36:11 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I'm pretty sure every elected official in D.C. are buddies when the cameras are off and trade invites to their sex dungeons for favors.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
. He sure has been hanging out with odumbo a lot lately.........................

I'm pretty sure every elected official in D.C. are buddies when the cameras are off and trade invites to their sex dungeons for favors.

WTH do you expect the leaders of our country to do? Have little gang wars when off the clock?
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 7:39:16 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
George W. Bush worked his ass off to ensure the country was flooded with illegal aliens. That makes him a hell of a turd in my book.
View Quote

well that's what cnn, msm, moveon and du say

https://en.wikipedia  .org/wiki/Secure_Fence_Act_of_2006" target="_blank"> https://en.wikipedia  .org/wiki/Secure_Fence_Act_of_2006
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 7:39:37 AM EDT
[#5]
Get the fuck out.
Quoted:
He's a piece of god damn liberal shit. He created the patriot act and pissed on the 4th amendment, initiated the bailouts, dragged our best and brightest through a BS war in Iraq for other people's(who hate us) freedom, neglected to enforce immigration laws, and made numerous other policy blunders. He is the reason Obama got elected. He's not a conservative, he's prince Bush and the only reason he made it to where he was was because of his daddy. Supporters of Bush are not supporters of America.

And fuck Africa.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/18/2014 7:40:38 AM EDT
[#6]
That's really cool that he spent US tax dollars to help people who are not US citizens.

How about we use that money to help US citizens or don't use any of that money at all???
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 7:45:54 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

WTH do you expect the leaders of our country to do? Have little gang wars when off the clock?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
. He sure has been hanging out with odumbo a lot lately.........................

That would be awesome.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 7:47:49 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
He's a piece of god damn liberal shit. He created the patriot act and pissed on the 4th amendment, initiated the bailouts, dragged our best and brightest through a BS war in Iraq for other people's(who hate us) freedom, neglected to enforce immigration laws, and made numerous other policy blunders. He is the reason Obama got elected. He's not a conservative, he's prince Bush and the only reason he made it to where he was was because of his daddy. Supporters of Bush are not supporters of America.

And fuck Africa.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/18/2014 7:48:27 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I bitch about Democrats constantly.

Is it paranoia you are experiencing or merely delusion?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Note all the new join dates and mobies in this thread bitching about Bush. Funny, you never see them in threads bitching about dems.

I bitch about Democrats constantly.

Is it paranoia you are experiencing or merely delusion?

Hey, I'm not the one who thinks the government should be run like a high school full of gangs who fight every night.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 7:49:54 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I like him personally, which is why his legacy is all the more disappointing.

He made some regrettable mistakes in his first term; understandable given that we were responding to a new threat whose dimensions were yet unknown.  Had he prosecuted his second term with the alacrity and decisiveness he did his first; he'd have been a great president.

Unfortunately, he spent his entire second term undermining the accomplishments of his first and surpassing them in a downward spiral.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

He is the poster child for misplaced compassion being a corrupting influence.

He also tried to be "above it all" when, in his second term, the left went full retard.  Yes, he was president, but he was also a politician.  Since he was a politician who didn't do politics, he allowed the dem narrative to go unopposed.  

This resulted in Obama.  W is largely resposible for creating the political climate, through negligent omission, that gave us Obama.

I think W is a good man.

I think he lacked the backbone to do everything that needed to be done.  (He did some of what needed to be done).

He is also an example of a weak-mind being steered by his advisors and bending to "consensus".

Well said.

That is EXACTLY how I think and feel about GW
I like him personally, which is why his legacy is all the more disappointing.

He made some regrettable mistakes in his first term; understandable given that we were responding to a new threat whose dimensions were yet unknown.  Had he prosecuted his second term with the alacrity and decisiveness he did his first; he'd have been a great president.

Unfortunately, he spent his entire second term undermining the accomplishments of his first and surpassing them in a downward spiral.

I think 8 years of being mocked and called evil by the dems finally did their toll to him.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 7:49:56 AM EDT
[#11]
Decent guy, but a horrible frat boy president with an unsophisticated view of the world and how it works.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 7:50:43 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

This needs to be restated.

Fuck Bush (both), Obunghole, Clinton, Reagan, Carter, and so on. Ike may have been the last president I would have voted for. All the rest are pieces of shit distinguished only by the degree to which they've fucked us over.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
No one living has known a good President.

This needs to be restated.

Fuck Bush (both), Obunghole, Clinton, Reagan, Carter, and so on. Ike may have been the last president I would have voted for. All the rest are pieces of shit distinguished only by the degree to which they've fucked us over.

You're 15 aren't you?
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 7:51:42 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

I think He was a screw up, but so was everyone else who ran against him.

And Obama is worse.

View Quote

+1

Link Posted: 4/18/2014 7:54:28 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I am dissatisfied with his legacy.

He also tried to be "above it all" when, in his second term, the left went full retard.  Yes, he was president, but he was also a politician.  Since he was a politician who didn't do politics, he allowed the dem narrative to go unopposed.  

This resulted in Obama.  W is largely resposible for creating the political climate, through negligent omission, that gave us Obama.

I think W is a good man.

I think he lacked the backbone to do everything that needed to be done.  (He did some of what needed to be done).

He is also an example of a weak-mind being steered by his advisors and bending to "consensus".

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
He's a piece of god damn liberal shit. He created the patriot act and pissed on the 4th amendment, initiated the bailouts, dragged our best and brightest through a BS war in Iraq for other people's(who hate us) freedom, neglected to enforce immigration laws, and made numerous other policy blunders. He is the reason Obama got elected. He's not a conservative, he's prince Bush and the only reason he made it to where he was was because of his daddy.

Oh yeah, fuck Africa.

I think W is a good man.

This is a very good assessment of Bush's greatest failure. He let the DNC set the agenda, the tone, and the phrasing of the arguments.

ETA - the "weak mind" comment is too much. I can't explain his motives for allowing some of the things he allowed. Part of it is certainly that one hires advisers to advise on matters in their area of expertise, and one listens to their advice. LBJ is a classic example of a president who micromanaged. W tried to behave like he was above it all. His refusal to confront the left by using the same methods let them trample his policies and use them for power and personal fortune. It was Washington at its worst.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 7:55:31 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
He proved to us that terrorist have won the war on terror . I present the TSA and NSA spying as proof . When the terrorist make you change your daily life because of a perceived threat they win
View Quote

So, Israel has been defeated? No shit?
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 7:57:13 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

No shit. And he wasn't president in 1978 when the CRA was passed.
View Quote

He was the only president who tried to reel it in and was stopped by the party you vote for.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 7:58:06 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Iraq was not forced on us, it was a war of choice over dubious reasons that turned out to be false.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/18/2014 7:58:36 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I think W is a good man.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
He's a piece of god damn liberal shit. He created the patriot act and pissed on the 4th amendment, initiated the bailouts, dragged our best and brightest through a BS war in Iraq for other people's(who hate us) freedom, neglected to enforce immigration laws, and made numerous other policy blunders. He is the reason Obama got elected. He's not a conservative, he's prince Bush and the only reason he made it to where he was was because of his daddy.

Oh yeah, fuck Africa.

I think W is a good man.

Can't disagree with a single thing you wrote.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 8:00:13 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
That's really cool that he spent US tax dollars to help people who are not US citizens.

How about we use that money to help US citizens or don't use any of that money at all???
View Quote
]
He did both. I remember it well.

Remember true 4.5% unemployment?
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 8:01:02 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

That would be awesome.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That would be awesome.

Well, yeah.
Unrealistic, though.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 8:02:12 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Decent guy, but a horrible frat boy president with an unsophisticated view of the world and how it works.

View Quote

LOL, spoken just like every lib I've met. They said the same of Reagan.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 8:03:04 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

lol you are a funny troll.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 8:03:28 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

This is a very good assessment of Bush's greatest failure. He let the DNV set the agenda, the tone, and the phrasing of the arguments.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh yeah, fuck Africa.

I think W is a good man.

This is a very good assessment of Bush's greatest failure. He let the DNV set the agenda, the tone, and the phrasing of the arguments.

He was hamstrung by the 2006 elections.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 8:03:41 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

He was the only president who tried to reel it in and was stopped by the party you vote for.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't vote for the democrats

ever.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 8:04:26 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

And you're a commie agitator and apologist.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 8:04:58 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

ever.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

ever.

RCP?
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 8:05:37 AM EDT
[#27]
most of these kids running their mouths were not old enough to vote for Bush...so they're regurgitating their public school indoctrination.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 8:08:46 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

No, actually he shrunk gov before Reid and Pelosi took over Congress in 2006.

Budget, not employees. Under his watch the Federal budget grew by over 1.1 trillion dollars.

He also grew the budget by 700 billion before 2006. Can't blame that on a Democratic Congress.

Link Posted: 4/18/2014 8:09:58 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Please, please, don't hold back, Let us know how you really feel.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

And fuck Africa.

is he wrong?

Nope.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 8:11:36 AM EDT
[#30]
I'd take Bush over Clinton and Obama any day, but for fuck sake people. He was not a good president or a true conservative.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 8:13:10 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Was it the bailout, campaigning on a platform of signing a new assault weapons ban, or gutting the constitution that made you like him? Could it have been making taxpayers fund his baseball stadium, or maybe even the atf going hog wild on his watch? Possibly even his choice of putting a chickenshit  on scotus that upheld obamacare?

I've been a part of and worked for the gop long enough that a frat boy drunk cleaned up for an election doesn't automatically impress me because he is better than the loser the dems are running.

Link Posted: 4/18/2014 8:13:55 AM EDT
[#32]
Hell of a man indeed.

Link Posted: 4/18/2014 8:14:08 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Did anyone in Congress vote against the law that created the TSA?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Every time I am subjected to being fingerblasted by a mouth-breathing TSA goon, I say a little thanks to W.

Ron Paul...but no one here likes him. Probably because the truth hurts too much.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 8:14:36 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh yeah, fuck Africa.

I think W is a good man.

DNC

I can't type for shit anymore.

Bush let it get to the point that the 2006 elections went to the democrats. That may be because Texas is fairly easy for republicans, and Bush never really had to deal with large numbers of hostile opponents. He did not adapt to that condition when he was president.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 8:15:56 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I stand by George, always have always will. He stuck to his principles and his morals.

View Quote

and what pray tell just were those?
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 8:16:06 AM EDT
[#36]
True Conservative

Link Posted: 4/18/2014 8:16:12 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Ron Paul...but no one here likes him. Probably because the truth hurts too much.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Every time I am subjected to being fingerblasted by a mouth-breathing TSA goon, I say a little thanks to W.

No, it's because Ron Paul is a liar and a loon, as are all of his supporters.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 8:17:29 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote

They could at least try to maintain kayfabe, for Christ's sake.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 8:20:37 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
most of these kids running their mouths were not old enough to vote for Bush...so they're regurgitating their public school indoctrination.
View Quote

The story from the media and liberal teachers was that George Bush was a laissez faire supporting, free market loving, capitalist whose deregulation and free market principles caused the economy to tank.

That's blatant bullshit. George Bush was not even close to being a fiscal conservative and he strongly supported centralized planning like any other progressive.

Now a lot of people have a bad taste in their mouth when they hear about Capitalism because they errantly associate it with George Bush's socialist policies.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 8:24:43 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
He proved to us that terrorist have won the war on terror . I present the TSA and NSA spying as proof . When the terrorist make you change your daily life because of a perceived threat they win

Apparently, he didn't know about Echelon, Carnivore, data sharing with allies in the 90s under Billary Clinton. But that's what all dems say. And KSM, Richard Reid aclu apologists.  

They certainly didn't show the same outrage when a much more invasive and indiscriminate domestic surveillance program came to light during the Clinton administration in the 1990's.
http://www.americanthinker.com/2006/01/under_clinton_ny_times_called.html

Link Posted: 4/18/2014 8:32:36 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

is he wrong?
Nope.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

And fuck Africa.

is he wrong?
Nope.

Yes, he is. I guarantee if pressed, he believes Bush personally wrote the Patriot Act and no aspect of it existed prior to him signing it. (Certainly not the FISA Act of 1978. ) The concept that the government is out of control, will spy on you, sic the IRS on you, will kill your wife and baby over trivialities, didn't just sprout up overnight in 2001.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 8:34:32 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 4/18/2014 8:34:41 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
]

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

]

lol his numbers were the formula Clinton used. and clinton changed his formula to make his numbers look better.

You simply cannot believe any numbers from Washington no matter how much you like the guy.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 8:37:38 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

lol...hmmm ALL OF THEM?

What a joke. But indeed Ron Paul did not vote for the TSA. was that a good thing pr a bad thing?
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 8:40:14 AM EDT
[#45]

algore-fail.

Link Posted: 4/18/2014 8:40:28 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Yes, he is. I guarantee if pressed, he believes Bush personally wrote the Patriot Act and no aspect of it existed prior to him signing it. (Certainly not the FISA Act of 1978. ) The concept that the government is out of control, will spy on you, sic the IRS on you, will kill your wife and baby over trivialities, didn't just sprout up overnight in 2001.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

And fuck Africa.

is he wrong?
Nope.

ok I'll give you that. but he certainly did not help matters at all that for sure.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 8:41:48 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
He created the Bush doctrine:  You attack us, we'll attack some random unrelated country.

This!
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 8:43:47 AM EDT
[#48]
Even if George Bush had pushed for and signed off on a massive, socialistic prescription drug program that would require nearly
$20 trillion dollars in a trust fund to pay all the benefits that have been promised over and above the tiny premiums paid by
beneficiaries, a lot of you would still be blathering about how awesome he was.

Oh wait...
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 8:45:42 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

And fuck Africa.
View Quote

This man gets it.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 8:46:04 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Yes, but the CRA was only part of it. The repeal of the Glass-Steagall act in 1999 was also a major factor. If Bush was as worried as he claims in 2005 he should have done everything possible to avert the coming storm,  he did not.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
President Bush admits he saw the sub-prime mortgage crisis coming but did nothing to stop it, he claimed congress got in the way.

Congress created the CRA, so yes, congress did get in the way.

Yes, but the CRA was only part of it. The repeal of the Glass-Steagall act in 1999 was also a major factor. If Bush was as worried as he claims in 2005 he should have done everything possible to avert the coming storm,  he did not.

I guess you don't remember his domestic agenda dying in 2007 and dead by 2008, especially as he broached reforming social security.
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top