User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 4:23:28 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 4:24:34 AM EDT
[#2]
I would immediately create a thread on ARFCOM with enlarged pictures of the casting/grinding flaws(which aren't scratches) and complain that my safe queen was tainted. Then when I didn't get the outright approval of the hive I would start another thread questioning their logic by using a fine presentation grade Colt, because we all know it and a Noveske are on the same level.

It's your rifle OP, if it doesn't sit well with you fix it, if Noveske is unwilling to help the sale then damn thing. Yes, Noveske needf to get their shit in order, and you need to be a fucking adult and realize that sometimes shit just doesn't work out. At the end of the day you've still got a rifle that I'm betting shoots/runs like a champ.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 5:08:10 AM EDT
[#3]
I'd sell a gun like that even if it was in pristine condition. To me, slicked-up guns are a travesty. Any decent gun needs to have a Parkerized finish.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 5:10:21 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'd sell a gun like that even if it was in pristine condition. To me, slicked-up guns are a travesty. Any decent gun needs to have a Parkerized finish.
View Quote

Even ARs?
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 5:13:33 AM EDT
[#5]
What exactly happens at the range with you people?  Silk blankets and what not to set things on?  If you want a scratch free firearm you cannot even cycle the action.  

What is the point?  Is it like fine china that your grandma had in a case?  You can't actually eat off of it, you just have to look at it.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 5:16:50 AM EDT
[#6]
I want to put my own scratches and dents on my guns if I buy them new.  Not have it come pre-scratched from the factory if I'm buying new.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 5:18:11 AM EDT
[#7]
There are two types of guns: collector pieces and shooters.

There's no such thing as a 'shoot it once and put it away' collector.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 5:19:44 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I want to put my own scratches and dents on my guns if I buy them new.  Not have it come pre-scratched from the factory if I'm buying new.
View Quote

Let's keep this accurate. The Noveske threads aren't complaining about scratches. They are complaining about forge and finishing marks and imperfections under the anodizing. The things you would find under any forged receiver. They're upset they spent $250 on one.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 6:17:08 AM EDT
[#9]
Holy shit you can polish a turd!
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 6:18:49 AM EDT
[#10]
Put it in a holster?
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 6:22:22 AM EDT
[#11]
Get some fancy engraving and nickel plate it.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 6:25:55 AM EDT
[#12]
That IS one BEAUTIFUL PISTOL!!
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 6:26:18 AM EDT
[#13]
i would sell that antique to some colt fanboi and buy a few more glocks and some more ar parts
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 6:27:00 AM EDT
[#14]
I would send it back.

In reality, I would not have purchased such a pistol in the first place.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 6:27:01 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
i would sell that antique to some colt fanboi and buy a few more glocks and some more ar parts
View Quote

I'll buy it!!
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 6:28:15 AM EDT
[#16]
the pistol in the OP's post represents what bluing used to look like on all  everyday regular use Colts....there will be a bunch of these bought and plenty will be shot......
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 6:35:37 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I remember that one.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
be pissed bigger than shit! Then bandsaw it in 3 pieces and throw them down the driveway

Dat Pony

I remember that one.

Memory fail! It was band sawed into four pieces!
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 6:50:35 AM EDT
[#18]
Is this a trick question?

Shoot it.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 8:38:40 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Question for those that claim to not care about machining marks or scratches in their brand new guns....

If you got this pistol, and it had rough machining marks on it or scratches, what would you do?

https://scontent-b-lga.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc3/t31.0-8/1276811_693880520650906_464749528511744302_o.jpg
View Quote

IF I were to buy a presentation quality handgun and it was rough in ANY WAY, I would of course expect them to fix it/make it right, since I'm paying a premium for PRESENTATION QUALITY.

That being said, I don't buy guns that are pretty or for show, I only buy tools.

YMMV
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 8:49:41 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Question for those that claim to not care about machining marks or scratches in their brand new guns....

If you got this pistol, and it had rough machining marks on it or scratches, what would you do?

View Quote

Stupid question.   Some weapons cost an arm and a leg because someone is supposed to be paying a lot of attention to the finish; others do not.   Off the shelf AR's and service pistols tend to fall into the latter category.

It's like comparing scratches on a Rolls Royce to brush pinstriping on a Wrangler.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 8:52:59 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I'll buy it!!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'll buy it!!

my brother has three colts for sale two are limited editions both unfired and another (officers i think) that has been shot for sale
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 8:56:09 AM EDT
[#22]
FPNI
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 8:58:35 AM EDT
[#23]
UAW... I wouldn't expect any better.  
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 9:01:33 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Exactly.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

thread is herp. derp from butthurt spinoff of noveske thread

Exactly.
LOL

Link Posted: 4/18/2014 9:02:32 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 9:03:03 AM EDT
[#26]
Send it back.  If anybody is gonna mark up my gun, it's gonna be me
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 9:03:07 AM EDT
[#27]
Shoot it.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 9:04:54 AM EDT
[#28]
Looks like the lackey got to rowdy with the buffer on the nose of that gun and wiped out the natural lines. Looks like shit.. the bluing is ok. no where near dark enough. and I love the grips though..

BUT, is going by colts history. the outside looks nice and the guts are a crap fest.. good old MIM parts..
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 9:05:19 AM EDT
[#29]
My ugly beat to shit $350 RIA GI 1911 with worn through finish shoots better and more reliably than the Kimber Ultra Carry II and Raptor II that I ended up selling to get out of the shame of spending so much for two huge pieces of shit. The Raptor II went back to Kimber TWICE before they essentially told me to FOAD.

Link Posted: 4/18/2014 9:07:02 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
There are two types of guns: collector pieces and shooters.

There's no such thing as a 'shoot it once and put it away' collector.
View Quote

yup that shot once, kills the value for a collector.. buy a BIG margin.. And yes a good gunsmith can tell that you shot it..
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 9:08:04 AM EDT
[#31]
I wouldn't buy that pistol.

And if I did, with the intention of putting it up, then I'm buying it for the artistic value and not the fact that it's a pistol. Entirely different concept from buying a rack grade AR.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 9:08:12 AM EDT
[#32]
The only safe queen in my whole family is my avatar.  Special circumstances. Was the service revolver of my father in laws dad.  He was a Florida highway patrolman.  So is that smith and Wesson.  One of 25 model 28's made in 5" glossy Nickle.   It's days are over at the firing range.  Still 95%.  Issued in late 50's.
Everything else we own is a shooter.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top